Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did anyone else see this? from richard about tenpenny's backup?

Started by cass1us, October 10, 2012, 09:36:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cass1us

RB Altee Tenpenny of North Little Rock had 13 carries for 63 yards.

2014 RB Juan Day of North Little Rock had 17 carries for 167 yards.

they even gave him more touches?

was the game out of reach?

El Guapo

I saw tenpenny play here in longview texas last month... after he had 22 carries for 70 yards, i said he is way overrated and i wouldn't offer him if i were a d-1 coach... i was blasted on hogville for that analysis.
"If I could rest anywhere it would be Arkansaw where the man of the real-horse, half alligator-breed such as grows no where else on the face of the universal earth" Davey Crockett 1834

yraciv

Quote from: El Guapo on October 10, 2012, 11:41:59 pm
I saw tenpenny play here in longview texas last month... after he had 22 carries for 70 yards, i said he is way overrated and i wouldn't offer him if i were a d-1 coach... i was blasted on hogville for that analysis.

You should be! He may be slightly overrated and not gotten it all back since his injury, but kid has loads of talent and has major conference back ability. Longview D was a little too much for NLR o line.

ricepig

Quote from: cass1us on October 10, 2012, 09:36:50 pm
RB Altee Tenpenny of North Little Rock had 13 carries for 63 yards.

2014 RB Juan Day of North Little Rock had 17 carries for 167 yards.

they even gave him more touches?

was the game out of reach?

NLR won 27-20, scoring in the last minute to beat Jonesboro. Day looked like the better RB that night, NLR ran a lot of  Wildcat that night with both of them in the backfield together.

El Guapo

Quote from: yraciv on October 11, 2012, 12:26:53 am
You should be! He may be slightly overrated and not gotten it all back since his injury, but kid has loads of talent and has major conference back ability. Longview D was a little too much for NLR o line.

I could name 10 backs that are on nobody's raday right now here in east texas that are twice the back that tenpenny is... I know some will not like this, but it is truth
"If I could rest anywhere it would be Arkansaw where the man of the real-horse, half alligator-breed such as grows no where else on the face of the universal earth" Davey Crockett 1834

bellavistamike

Quote from: El Guapo on October 11, 2012, 08:52:57 am
I could name 10 backs that are on nobody's raday right now here in east texas that are twice the back that tenpenny is... I know some will not like this, but it is truth

Hell, probably 3 or 4 play at Tyler John Tyler...

jry04

You should be blasted because that is about as stupid as it gets. You wouldn't offer him a scholarship if you were a d1 coach? So that means if you were a coach at North Texas you would pass on him. If you were a coach at New Mexico you would pass on him. That makes perfect sense.

Tim Harris

I'm sure you are better at evaluating running back talent than Nick Saban.

Even if the kid was overrated as the main university in the state you have to land him.  Our state only generates a handful of SEC players and we have to start getting them to pick the UofA again.

kingofdequeen

i hope the hogs bring in tenpenny, the backup, and their dad Mike Dyer.

Boston RedHogs

Tenpenny's stock really shot up after his testing performance at SPARQ, not really due to any game-time performances so to speak.

El Guapo

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 11, 2012, 09:14:35 am
You should be blasted because that is about as stupid as it gets. You wouldn't offer him a scholarship if you were a d1 coach? So that means if you were a coach at North Texas you would pass on him. If you were a coach at New Mexico you would pass on him. That makes perfect sense.

yes, this is what I am saying. 

El Guapo

Quote from: Tim Harris on October 11, 2012, 09:25:01 am

Even if the kid was overrated as the main university in the state you have to land him.  Our state only generates a handful of SEC players and we have to start getting them to pick the UofA again.

yeah, i pretty much kick saban's rear when it comes to evaluating talent. that is why I watch football from my couch and he makes millions.

Seriously, touche' on the post.  Saban has an amazing eye for running back talent.  I have seen tenpenny run once, I realize that, but I am saying that there are players all over east texas that look way better that tenpenny in my eye. A perfect example is Jonathan Williams from Allen that is playing for the hogs right now. I saw him twice last year and knew he would be a stud!

I also predict that Alabama backs off tenpenny a little and he doesn't end up in t-town in the end.

Tim Harris

Quote from: El Guapo on October 11, 2012, 10:41:00 am
also predict that Alabama backs off tenpenny a little and he doesn't end up in t-town in the end.

This part I will agree with you on.  I feel he will sign with the Hogs.

jry04

Quote from: El Guapo on October 11, 2012, 10:34:49 am
yes, this is what I am saying. 
Yeah, and that is possibly the dumbest thing I have read on here. Saying he is overrated is one thing. Saying you wouldn't even offer him if you were the head coach of Texas State is beyond stupid.

DOGALUM

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 11, 2012, 11:37:18 am
Yeah, and that is possibly the dumbest thing I have read on here. Saying he is overrated is one thing. Saying you wouldn't even offer him if you were the head coach of Texas State is beyond stupid.
Well saying that what he said is possibly the dumbest thing you have read on here is possibly the dumbest thing I'VE read on here.   That....or you just don't read much on here.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

jry04

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 11, 2012, 11:41:56 am
Well saying that what he said is possibly the dumbest thing you have read on here is possibly the dumbest thing I'VE read on here.   That....or you just don't read much on here.
Really? So you don't see anything idiotic about saying you wouldn't offer a top 50 player that is currently committed to Bama a scholarship to a Division 1 school? He thinks Tenpenny is a Division 2 talent, and shouldn't even play in the Sun Belt. Meanwhile the best coach in the country, and every major publication, thinks he is a top 10 RB in the nation.

bellavistamike

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 11, 2012, 11:41:56 am

Great response... Best I've read on here in a while... And I do read a lot here.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: kingofdequeen on October 11, 2012, 09:25:59 am
i hope the hogs bring in tenpenny, the backup, and their dad Mike Dyer.

Didn't you hear?  Literally everyone who doesn't sign with the Hogs is overrated. 

I hoped like hell that Michael Dyer would end up signing with us a few years ago, mostly because I couldn't wait to see the backtracking in the RF.  Same for Frazier, Ziemba, etc. 

DOGALUM

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 11, 2012, 12:02:35 pm
Really? So you don't see anything idiotic about saying you wouldn't offer a top 50 player that is currently committed to Bama a scholarship to a Division 1 school? He thinks Tenpenny is a Division 2 talent, and shouldn't even play in the Sun Belt. Meanwhile the best coach in the country, and every major publication, thinks he is a top 10 RB in the nation.
That's not it at all.   What I find amazing is the fact that you have over 5,000 posts, have obviously spent a good bit of time on Hogville, have presumably read many MANY posts on here.......yet you still  have the opinion that his post about his opinion of a running back who is currently headed to another school......you think that is one of the dumbest things that you have ever read on here.   

I stand by my statement.

DOGALUM

Quote from: Hawg Balling on October 11, 2012, 12:14:33 pm
Didn't you hear?  Literally everyone who doesn't sign with the Hogs is overrated. 

I hoped like hell that Michael Dyer would end up signing with us a few years ago, mostly because I couldn't wait to see the backtracking in the RF.  Same for Frazier, Ziemba, etc. 
The funny thing is that while everyone that doesn't sign with us....we think they are OVERrated........everyone that does sign with us.....we think that everyone else UNDERrates them.    Crazy isn't it?

ricepig

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 11, 2012, 12:23:59 pm
That's not it at all.   What I find amazing is the fact that you have over 5,000 posts, have obviously spent a good bit of time on Hogville, have presumably read many MANY posts on here.......yet you still  have the opinion that his post about his opinion of a running back who is currently headed to another school......you think that is one of the dumbest things that you have ever read on here.   

I stand by my statement.

I could pull out a Top 10 from Guv alone.

jry04

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 11, 2012, 12:25:38 pm
The funny thing is that while everyone that doesn't sign with us....we think they are OVERrated........everyone that does sign with us.....we think that everyone else UNDERrates them.    Crazy isn't it?
Meanwhile, you are defnding someone that basically did the exact same thing you are crying about.

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 11, 2012, 12:23:59 pm

I stand by my statement.
First off, I didn't mean it literally. Yes, there are dumber posts on here, but that doesn't make his post any less idiotic. You shouldn't take everything to heart.  I could care less whether Tenpenny is committed to Alabama or Arkansas, his statement is stupid. He said a top 10 RB in the country is not worthy of even a division 1 scholarship at the worst team in football. If you don't think that is idiotic than you aren't very bright yourself. If Tenpenny flips, which I think he will, he will get numerous carries as a freshman at Arkansas.

El Guapo

apparently there is no room for hyperbole with rsvl_hogfan4

Academic

I have a few friends who have kids that start for NLR. They have been telling me for almost a year that their #2 RB is way better than Tenpenny.

I've always thought it was sour grapes or something, but it looks like they may have been right all along.

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: Academic on October 11, 2012, 03:15:15 pm
I have a few friends who have kids that start for NLR. They have been telling me for almost a year that their #2 RB is way better than Tenpenny.

I've always thought it was sour grapes or something, but it looks like they may have been right all along.
I said that about Richardson when Ingram was there.  I even lost a screen name in that debate.  High school should be even more obvious in talent gaps.  He might very well be better.  I haven't seen either play so I wouldn't know.
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

DOGALUM

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 11, 2012, 12:48:24 pm
Meanwhile, you are defnding someone that basically did the exact same thing you are crying about.
First off, I didn't mean it literally. Yes, there are dumber posts on here, but that doesn't make his post any less idiotic. You shouldn't take everything to heart.  I could care less whether Tenpenny is committed to Alabama or Arkansas, his statement is stupid. He said a top 10 RB in the country is not worthy of even a division 1 scholarship at the worst team in football. If you don't think that is idiotic than you aren't very bright yourself. If Tenpenny flips, which I think he will, he will get numerous carries as a freshman at Arkansas.

Dude.....I'm not defending anyone.  Just pointing out the obvious.  Tenpenny may be the next Barry Sanders or he may be the next Darius Winston.  I don't know and quite frankly don't care since he is a Bama commit. 

You made a statement that was absurd.  That doesn't mean I agree or disagree with what the previous poster said.  Hell.......I didn't even say your post was one of the dumbest for sure.  I left you the out of not reading very many posts.  Sorry you weren't smart enough to take it.   The lesson here is don't try to blow up a post that you think is dumb.....by blasting it with a post that is even dumber.    Got it?

Class dismissed......

razorbacksnum1

Altee is a combine freak but that does not always translate into begin a great football player. He's a very good high school running back but he's not one of the top running backs in the country and he's not the best player in Arkansas this year.

the_kosher_pig

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Tim Harris on October 11, 2012, 09:25:01 am

you do realise that Saban does this type of recruiting to block his rivals, right? He doesn't see another McFadden in AT, he just is blocking us.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

kingofdequeen

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on October 11, 2012, 11:07:11 pm
Altee is a combine freak but that does not always translate into begin a great football player. He's a very good high school running back but he's not one of the top running backs in the country and he's not the best player in Arkansas this year.

can't coach a 40 time.

can coach technique.

that's all for today, class.

DOGALUM

Quote from: kingofdequeen on October 12, 2012, 09:32:04 am
can't coach a 40 time.

can coach technique.

Technique?  You can coach ball security.  You can coach patience hitting the hole.  You can coach blocking technique.   But you CAN NOT coach vision.  You CAN NOT coach instinct.  Those are two of the most important things a RB can have.   Can't coach an athlete into a football player if he doesn't have those two things.

(Tenpenny may....I don't know...never seen him play.)

kingofdequeen

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 12, 2012, 09:41:46 am
Technique?  You can coach ball security.  You can coach patience hitting the hole.  You can coach blocking technique.   But you CAN NOT coach vision.  You CAN NOT coach instinct.  Those are two of the most important things a RB can have.   Can't coach an athlete into a football player if he doesn't have those two things.

(Tenpenny may....I don't know...never seen him play.)

sorry bro, but if you give me a back w/ good speed, who will keep the ball secure, hit the (appropriate) hole, and pass protect...

well, i've got me a starter in any league.  Vision and Instinct can be learned with reps. 

Bubba's Bruisers

can't coach a 40 time.

can coach technique.

It starts with "vision".  Can't coach that either.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

DOGALUM

Quote from: kingofdequeen on October 12, 2012, 09:48:36 am
sorry bro, but if you give me a back w/ good speed, who will keep the ball secure, hit the (appropriate) hole, and pass protect...

well, i've got me a starter in any league.  Vision and Instinct can be learned with reps. 
You get Ronnie Wingo then.  I'll take Barry Sanders.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 12, 2012, 09:51:38 am
You get Ronnie Wingo then.  I'll take Barry Sanders.

Nice.  i take a 3* guy who won't hit a hole if it's wide the hell open and his life depended on it, you take the best ever.

what?  Sweetness didn't want to be on your squad?

DOGALUM

Quote from: kingofdequeen on October 12, 2012, 09:53:06 am
Nice.  i take a 3* guy who won't hit a hole if it's wide the hell open and his life depended on it, you take the best ever.

what?  Sweetness didn't want to be on your squad?
Sweetness was Sweetness....no doubt.  But he was no Barry. 

Ok....I'll try again.   

You get Christian Okoye......I get Marshall Faulk.

You get everything you wanted......you get to coach him up and give him reps.

I'll take the vision and instinct.

razorbacksnum1

can't coach a 40 time.

can coach technique.

You can't coach 6'5' or 300lbs or 400lb bench press either but that doesn't always translate into someone being a great football player. There are lots of intangibles and I don't know that Tenpenny has all of those yet. He's still a good football player I'm just saying that his hype comes from his combine #s not he's play on the football field.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 12, 2012, 10:00:46 am
Sweetness was Sweetness....no doubt.  But he was no Barry. 

Ok....I'll try again.   

You get Christian Okoye......I get Marshall Faulk.

You get everything you wanted......you get to coach him up and give him reps.

I'll take the vision and instinct.

Bet.  my back's a lot easier to find and recruit.  good luck finding a HOFer.  :D

DOGALUM

Quote from: kingofdequeen on October 12, 2012, 10:46:38 am
Bet.  my back's a lot easier to find and recruit.  good luck finding a HOFer.  :D
Exactly.

I'm not saying they are a dime a dozen.  The original discussion was about desirable qualities in a RB.   And.....given the choice......I'll take the vision and instinct.   

smun83

I think Wingo was a 4 star the second highest recruit of his class behind Darius Winston.

DOGALUM

Quote from: smun83 on October 12, 2012, 11:46:15 am
I think Wingo was a 4 star the second highest recruit of his class behind Darius Winston.
Winston is another prime example.   5 star measurables.   No instincts.

redleg

I have been told by someone in the chiropractic field, that he has seen Altee up close, and that it appears to him that Tenpenny #1 is closer to 5'10" and 190-195 lbs than his listed 6'0" 212 lbs. and #2 that Altee appears to have reached his maximum natural body definition. In other words, once he gets into a college weight program, he will probably add anywhere from 15 to 25 extra lbs on his frame, which will make him more durable, but will decrease his speed and athleticism. ...Think, cedric cobbs before his senior year after he lost 20 lbs.
Those are bad combinations.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 12, 2012, 12:00:05 pm
Winston is another prime example.   5 star measurables.   No instincts.
I think it was coached out of him.  Tejada came in as a decent kicker his freshman year and got worse.  WR didn't develop kids at DB.  He ran decent schemes if he'd had the talent but he never showed progress individually.  Much like most of Arkansas' kids. 

jry04

October 12, 2012, 01:35:24 pm #45 Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 01:39:36 pm by rsvl_hogfan4
Quote from: DOGALUM on October 11, 2012, 04:53:45 pm
Dude.....I'm not defending anyone.  Just pointing out the obvious.  Tenpenny may be the next Barry Sanders or he may be the next Darius Winston.  I don't know and quite frankly don't care since he is a Bama commit. 

You made a statement that was absurd.  That doesn't mean I agree or disagree with what the previous poster said.  Hell.......I didn't even say your post was one of the dumbest for sure.  I left you the out of not reading very many posts.  Sorry you weren't smart enough to take it.   The lesson here is don't try to blow up a post that you think is dumb.....by blasting it with a post that is even dumber.    Got it?

Class dismissed......
Seriously?

You are beyond ignorant. You really showed me. My post was so stupid. I am ashamed. I guess I should be posting that a top 10 RB in the country doesn't deserve to play division 1 football. Then I would be intelligent!

DOGALUM

My beef with you was not about Tenpenny smart guy. 

Reading comprehension is a good thing. 

Now....my beef with you is based on your inability to understand English and your habit of calling people names who are smarter than you.

Delta Bravo

El Guapo

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 12, 2012, 01:35:24 pm
Seriously?

You are beyond ignorant. You really showed me. My post was so stupid. I am ashamed. I guess I should be posting that a top 10 RB in the country doesn't deserve to play division 1 football. Then I would be intelligent!

I also don't think you have the ability to be a d-1 message board poster... please excuse yourself to the henderson state board :)

Hawg Balling

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 12, 2012, 09:21:51 am
you do realise that Saban does this type of recruiting to block his rivals, right? He doesn't see another McFadden in AT, he just is blocking us.

Wait, since when are we Alabama's rival?

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

saban got AT so that we couldn't get him and he hopes we over sign so AT don't end up with us..  Kinda like philon and auburn didn't sign him either b/c he was over