Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brandon Allen Tonight

Started by threeNout, August 24, 2017, 06:40:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

threeNout

Jags just kicked off, hoping for the two QBs ahead of him to look awful for the next two hours. :)

BigBrandonAllenFan

Go Brandon Allen! I'm a Big Brandon Allen fan!

Speaking of that, is it possible to get my name changed to BigAustinAllenFan? I need to stay current.

Nosboar Accubond

PorkSoda

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on August 24, 2017, 06:41:49 pm

Speaking of that, is it possible to get my name changed to BigAustinAllenFan? I need to stay current.
you can PM Doug. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

threeNout

Well Bortles lost the start tonight, Henne is 1 for 1 for 1 yard and a 7 yard sack on the opening drive.

so far so good, just dig a hole deep enough that BA can pull it out in the end! :)

rhames

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on August 24, 2017, 06:41:49 pm

Guess you aren't that big of a fan
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

tconey1

solitons

hope he gets to play in the second half, go hogs

KlubhouseKonnected

August 24, 2017, 08:18:47 pm #8 Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 08:48:06 pm by KlubhouseKonnected
Quote from: threeNout on August 24, 2017, 06:59:19 pm
Well Bortles lost the start tonight, Henne is 1 for 1 for 1 yard and a 7 yard sack on the opening drive.

so far so good, just dig a hole deep enough that BA can pull it out in the end! :)

It's their last preseason game right? Don't most teams sit the starter or at most give him just a single series in the last preseason game?

Update: No, he is benched for benchings' sake.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Nosboar Accubond

Apparently nobody knows what channel it's on

razorbackfan86

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 24, 2017, 08:18:47 pm
It's their last preseason game right? Don't most teams sit the starter or at most give him just a single series in the last preseason game?

3rd. This is the "dress rehearsal" game where the starters play the most. Not a good game to be benched if you're hoping to be QB1.

swineology

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on August 24, 2017, 08:48:38 pm
3rd. This is the "dress rehearsal" game where the starters play the most. Not a good game to be benched if you're hoping to be QB1.

Dang it, You beat me to my update.

threeNout

Bortles 5/7 for 49 and a pick

Pig in the Pokey

bortles is still in, too

those who asked about what channel, check your inbox for link
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Smokehouse

If they decide to go with Henne you've got to think Brandon starts 2-3 games this year at some point. Henne has clearly proven is ceiling is a decent backup in the NFL, so if you're going to punt the season playing him might as well see if Brandon can hack it.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

bennyl08

Quote from: Smokehouse on August 24, 2017, 09:29:07 pm
If they decide to go with Henne you've got to think Brandon starts 2-3 games this year at some point. Henne has clearly proven is ceiling is a decent backup in the NFL, so if you're going to punt the season playing him might as well see if Brandon can hack it.

New coaches mean new qb's is the usual mantra in the NFL. Henne is not a new qb. Marrone has at least two seasons unless he just absolutely drops the ball. You know that Henne isn't the type who will keep you your job in the long term. The only reason to start him for a full season is if the rest of your team is that talented and you don't want to waste a year or if you are on the verge of being fired and want to take the safe route and try to go 8-8 rather than roll the dice.

Marrone and the jags aren't in either of those positions right now. You have a qb who had a very good 2nd year, regressed slightly in his third year, and is going into just his fourth year, but has crumbled even further this off-season. You either give him one last chance to morph into a Big Ben type or you should try out your young backup. Playing Henne doesn't help you.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

East Clintwood

Quote from: swineology on August 24, 2017, 08:51:01 pm

NFL Network

Not here.  We had Miami and Philly.

The Jags replay is at 10:00.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

KlubhouseKonnected

Allen did not see much action, went 1/5 for 22

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: East Clintwood on August 24, 2017, 09:54:11 pm

Not here.  We had Miami and Philly.

The Jags replay is at 10:00.
i had the link for all who asked. it was cbsjax i think. i dunno, i got streams for every channel in the world. not allowed to just post them for some reason, so , ya'll gotta ask i guess.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

3kgthog

It looked a lot like some of his time here. By that I mean running for his life.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 24, 2017, 09:55:55 pm
Allen did not see much action, went 1/5 for 22

1/5 is misleading as it was the last desperation drive (needed 80 yards in a minute or something like that) and included a spike and a 4th down shot for a long play.

Still, only getting the last drive in Game 3, means it won't be BA's year unless things happen.

It was a great game if you're a fan of anyone but Jacksonville, because now the Jags are the only team mentioned in the CK mediafest.

31to6

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on August 26, 2017, 06:54:00 am
1/5 is misleading as it was the last desperation drive (needed 80 yards in a minute or something like that) and included a spike and a 4th down shot for a long play.

Still, only getting the last drive in Game 3, means it won't be BA's year unless things happen.

It was a great game if you're a fan of anyone but Jacksonville, because now the Jags are the only team mentioned in the CK mediafest.
If they decide to go with Henne, BA would be the #2 because it will cost a ton of money to keep Bortles.

Henne has never played a full season.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: 31to6 on August 26, 2017, 08:40:51 am
If they decide to go with Henne, BA would be the #2 because it will cost a ton of money to keep Bortles.

Henne has never played a full season.

Bortles is the starter

Jaguars name Blake Bortles starting QB heading into season (from @AP) https://apnews.com/be95ceb987664428aa75640747643f03
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

greenEGnHAWGS

August 26, 2017, 10:47:00 am #25 Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 11:13:55 am by greenEGnHAWGS
I found this interesting  I can't find the link but if you google Brandon Allen Jaguars, one of the click options is "What should the Jaguars do at QB?" And these were the results...

EDIT: http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/story/_/id/20377774/sportsnation-jacksonville-jaguars-do-quarterback
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

alohawg

BA has done about as well in his opportunities as could be hoped for. I'd also love to see him with the ones just to further confuse their coaches.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Kevin

Money talks. The owner is going to let all that money sit on the sideline
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

LRHawg

I guess they were just trying to light a fire under Bortles. Looks
Like that failed. They'll probably play just enough defense to not get a good quarterback in next years' draft too.

presidenthog

Basically they have invested so much money in bottles. They aren't ever going to give up on him

bennyl08

Quote from: presidenthog on August 26, 2017, 04:32:48 pm
Basically they have invested so much money in bottles. They aren't ever going to give up on him

They invested a high draft pick for him sure, but not a ton of money, relatively speaking. He's still on his rookie contract.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

presidenthog

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 26, 2017, 04:38:51 pm
They invested a high draft pick for him sure, but not a ton of money, relatively speaking. He's still on his rookie contract.

Still more than any other qb. It's coming down to their roster is based on salary it seems.

When you are a 1st round pick you get thousands of chances to prove how awful you are.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on August 26, 2017, 10:47:00 am
I found this interesting  I can't find the link but if you google Brandon Allen Jaguars, one of the click options is "What should the Jaguars do at QB?" And these were the results...

EDIT: http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/story/_/id/20377774/sportsnation-jacksonville-jaguars-do-quarterback

What is going on down in Jacksonville with their QB situation is indicative of the widespread roster mismanagement that goes on in the NFL.

I can honestly only think of 2 NFL organizations who know how to effectively manage a roster.  Those 2 being the New England Patriots and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Cinco de Hogo

It's very hard for me to imagine that Brandon Allen is ready for prime time against the likes of the Texans defense.  As unflappable as he is I could be wrong but I'm not hoping he gets thrown into that situation.

bennyl08

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on August 26, 2017, 04:52:06 pm
What is going on down in Jacksonville with their QB situation is indicative of the widespread roster mismanagement that goes on in the NFL.

I can honestly only think of 2 NFL organizations who know how to effectively manage a roster.  Those 2 being the New England Patriots and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

I'd add GB and Seattle to that group. Ravens are pretty solid managing their roster year to year as well. Basically, any team that you'd feel safe betting would make the playoffs 5 years in the future is a team that manages their roster well.

presidenthog

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 26, 2017, 06:38:10 pm
I'd add GB and Seattle to that group. Ravens are pretty solid managing their roster year to year as well. Basically, any team that you'd feel safe betting would make the playoffs 5 years in the future is a team that manages their roster well.

Well except when they gave flacco his flacco money.

That basically destroyed their ability to build a great team.

bennyl08

Quote from: presidenthog on August 26, 2017, 07:25:27 pm
Well except when they gave flacco his flacco money.

That basically destroyed their ability to build a great team.

It wasn't the best contract, but not the worst either. At the end of the day, you have to keep a franchise qb.

What was it, 2 seasons ago that they went toe to toe with the Patriots, forcing them to basically go Boise St on the Ravens in the playoffs?

HamSammich

tbh if you let a superbowl qb walk in free agency you better be ready for half full stadiums and a lot of terminations in the front office. Flacco screwed them by being clutch at the right time.

Its how the world works at times. There was no "win-win"

bennyl08

Quote from: HamSammich on August 26, 2017, 10:17:49 pm
tbh if you let a superbowl qb walk in free agency you better be ready for half full stadiums and a lot of terminations in the front office. Flacco screwed them by being clutch at the right time.

Its how the world works at times. There was no "win-win"

Flacco's always been clutch in the playoffs. He's a lot like Eli Manning in that regard. Both quarterbacks are pretty average during the regular season. Eli has one season I'd put him in the top 10 of the league, most of his seasons, I'd put him outside the top 15. From 08-12, Flacco appeared in almost twice as many playoff games as Brady (13 to 7) with 10 of those games for Flacco on the road and one a neutral site (the super bowl). Flacco won 9 of those compared to Brady winning 3.

But yeah, since then, the Ravens have only had 2 playoff games in the post Flacco contract era.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Matt Burks

Quote from: Blumpkin on September 01, 2017, 08:58:57 pm
Can I PM Dawn?
Set a drift a memory bliss? Or you going to tell her "I'd die without you"

Birminghog

ricepig

alohawg

Wow, Jags are really that stupid. BA has shown enough to at least be on a roster in this league.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Cmheinley

Damn that sucks. Go read the comments. All the fans are pissed, saying that the best QB just got waived and that the Jaguar franchise is garbage. It's pretty comical. Poor BA, hopefully he gets picked up somewhere.

alohawg

Come to think of it, he could start for the Rams day 1.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

k.c.hawg

Hoping to practice squad him. Damn I hope it blows up in their face. They have claimed 5 players cut from other teams today. Needed the roster spot to fit in what........another waived player??? They have consistently been picking high in the draft yet on cutdown day they are claiming 5 who haven't been in their system?? Man I hope he gets claimed.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

hawgmasta

I really hope another team picks him up.

murthage

September 03, 2017, 10:38:44 pm #48 Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 11:02:21 pm by murthage
Would someone please explain the Practice Squad concept... nevermind, I Googled it and found out Practice Squad members take a significant cut in yearly salary.

Also, just to make another point, is it just me, or does anyone else see Jordan Rogers in the same light as Kliff Kingsbury? I can do without either of them... ;)

Smokehouse

Quote from: ricepig on September 03, 2017, 01:02:48 pm
Just waived.

https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/904393887187394561

Jeez, great roster management from the Jags. Spend a year invested in a QB, watch the two QBs in front of him perform worse than they had the previous year, then cut him without getting any benefit from stashing him for a year.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.