Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brandon Allen Tonight

Started by threeNout, August 24, 2017, 06:40:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HamSammich

I'd rather see allen come here and be a grad student qb coach. I think he would excel at it.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: HamSammich on September 03, 2017, 11:48:03 pm
I'd rather see allen come here and be a grad student qb coach. I think he would excel at it.

So you would rather him stop pursuing his dream?
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

bennyl08

Quote from: murthage on September 03, 2017, 10:38:44 pm
Would someone please explain the Practice Squad concept... nevermind, I Googled it and found out Practice Squad members take a significant cut in yearly salary.

Also, just to make another point, is it just me, or does anyone else see Jordan Rogers in the same light as Kliff Kingsbury? I can do without either of them... ;)

Significant is relative. If you're on a practice squad for 52 weeks of the year, you'd be making 374,400. Still making the equivalent of 180 dollars an hour.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: bennyl08 on September 04, 2017, 12:13:55 pm
Significant is relative. If you're on a practice squad for 52 weeks of the year, you'd be making 374,400. Still making the equivalent of 180 dollars an hour.

That's a pretty nice junk of change.

OPoraquê

Quote from: The ColonelHog on September 03, 2017, 11:37:48 pm
Did anyone really expect him to be in the NFL long?  The kid was lucky to even get a shot and as usual, when his team needed him the most, he turned into a pick machine,...  Not surprised he got cut!

Well, looks like with the Rams (if not them, would have been the Redskins, apparently) he'll be around the NFL at least a year longer.  BTW, despite his first half ints, did the Jaguars lose their game last week with BA as the starter (and only quarterback, and leading yardage gainer for either team in the game)?:

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/former-arkansas-qb-brandon-allen-swiftly-picked-rams-one-day-cut

HiggiePiggy

Well looks like Jacksonville is doing pretty good this year.  Up 21-7 in the first half

ishankem

Football players are the dumbest people on earth. Why didn't steelers kick FG with about 40 seconds left and then try onside kick. Plus one of their receivers didn't get out of bounds with couple seconds left

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ishankem on January 14, 2018, 03:28:55 pm
Football players are the dumbest people on earth. Why didn't steelers kick FG with about 40 seconds left and then try onside kick. Plus one of their receivers didn't get out of bounds with couple seconds left

I think Tomlin is a bit overrated.  Glad when Steelers lose no matter how.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15