McElwain

Not safe:
Bielema
Sumlin
Malzahn

Probably saved their job:
Orgeron
Odom

That's over half the conference coaches that aren't on solid footing.

LZH

The only one I am concerned about is ours.

j-mann

Quote from: Karma on October 28, 2017, 09:16:45 pm
Definitely:

Jones and Luke

Almost definitely:
McElwain

Not safe:
Bielema
Sumlin
Malzahn

Orgeron
Odom

honestly u can make a case for anyone not named saben muschamp or smart   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Locutus_of_Boar

Definitely:

Jones and Luke

Almost definitely:
McElwain

Not safe:
Bielema
Sumlin
Malzahn

Orgeron
Odom

I think it's less about the current coach than it is about who's available.  Every AD has one or a few targets and if one of those targets becomes available they will find a way to make the current occupant go.

Only exception to that rule is UF that's trying to use the current controversy to terminate with cause as they could always give Shannon a one year deal to save the 13 million they owe.

Phil D

Coach B is here one more year like it or not unless He quits. God I hope he Quits
GO HOGS!!!!!!

Augustus

Definitely:

Jones and Luke

Almost definitely:
McElwain

Not safe:
Bielema
Sumlin
Malzahn

Orgeron
Odom

Odom is gone, too.

Missouri has a stadium expansion approved & coming up (that focuses on higher tiered pricing, much like the DWRRS expansion), and they will need a Coach that can produce the results that will put butts in those higher $$$ seats.

Plus, they are 2 years removed from the social "uprising" that happened at Missouri, that included the football team.

At the time of Gary Pinkel's resignation, Odom was the popular choice especially among teammates.

But, no more... the upperclassmen who were part of that "boycott" are no longer there, and the young guys don't care... they just want to win.

Missouri will be shopping for a new Head Coach, this Christmas.

Al Boarland

Quote from: LZH on October 28, 2017, 09:19:57 pm
The only one I am concerned about is ours.

You should be concerned with all the other jobs because they will impact who we can hire or if we move on from CBB.

LZH

Quote from: Al Boarland on October 29, 2017, 03:24:39 am
You should be concerned with all the other jobs because they will impact who we can hire or if we move on from CBB.

Point well taken. That's why we need to act fast.

Hawghiggs

I expect the SEC to have a sort of renaissance in coaching over the next 2 to 3 seasons. Almost every job will come open except Georgia.

Steef

Quote from: LZH on October 29, 2017, 04:30:49 am
Point well taken. That's why we need to act fast.

While I sympathize with your sentiment, I believe your logic is flawed.

Every coach and agent in the business, knows MORE about upcoming openings than we do.

'Acting fast' is useless. None of those coaches/ agents will agree to act fast. They will play the field.

NuttinItUp

Definitely:

Jones and Luke

Almost definitely:
McElwain

Not safe:
Bielema
Sumlin
Malzahn

Orgeron
Odom

I think Sumlin is probably safe depending on how they finish the year.

parallaxpig

Better hope their all safe except BB if you want a decent shot at a good coach. We want win a bidding war......
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Hawginj

Quote from: parallaxpig on October 29, 2017, 07:12:34 am
Better hope their all safe except BB if you want a decent shot at a good coach. We want win a bidding war......
cause we are poor little Arkansas right? Good lord are the majority of you people defeatist? Have some pride grow a backbone and learn the facts!

parallaxpig

Quote from: Hawginj on October 29, 2017, 07:24:13 am
cause we are poor little Arkansas right? Good lord are the majority of you people defeatist? Have some pride grow a backbone and learn the facts!

Did you become a fan this morning. We are not gonna out bid Tennesee, Florida, Auburn or Texas A & M. Not to mention all those programs currently carry more prestige than Arkansas......... grow a brain.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

AirWarren

Quote from: parallaxpig on October 29, 2017, 07:30:01 am
Did you become a fan this morning. We are not gonna out bid Tennesee, Florida, Auburn or Texas A & M. Not to mention all those programs currently carry more prestige than Arkansas......... grow a brain.

Bingo.

DeltaBoy

Tamu depends on Nov. 3-1_ Month and he safe!.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hawghiggs

I hope that we don't retain CBB and hire Chad Morris.

GuvHog

Quote from: Steef on October 29, 2017, 06:49:37 am
While I sympathize with your sentiment, I believe your logic is flawed.

Every coach and agent in the business, knows MORE about upcoming openings than we do.

'Acting fast' is useless. None of those coaches/ agents will agree to act fast. They will play the field.

Tell that to the Florida Gators. They are very likely to fire McElwain this week and start searching.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

mizzouman

Definitely:

Jones and Luke

Almost definitely:
McElwain

Not safe:
Bielema
Sumlin
Malzahn

Orgeron
Odom

Odom needs to go 2-2 the rest of the year.

Steef

Quote from: GuvHog on October 29, 2017, 07:53:58 am
Tell that to the Florida Gators. They are very likely to fire McElwain this week and start searching.

Still not the point.

It makes NO difference how much "hurry" a program has. What matters is how  much hurry prospective coaches and their agents have.

Norvell & Campbell and their agents know they're hot right now. They KNOW theyre6gonna get multiple phone calls.

Secondarily, if...we happened to call them before Florida, they're STILL gonna wait for Florida to call. And Tennessee. And maybe TAMU.

They're not gonna say, "We gotta sign with Arkansas before they change their mind!"

Al Boarland

Al Boarland

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 29, 2017, 11:41:27 am
Do you really believe that one has anything to do with the other?  So you believe ADs sit around thinking "oh well, too many schools looking for a coach so we better keep ours?"  I just don't believe the business works that way.  Every AD sell their program and thinks it's the prettiest girl at the prom period!  It's kinda like this, she's my wife and I'm madly in love with her but my neighbors wife is better than her.  REALLY????!!!!!! 

There are job openings every season and that's never gonna end!

Absolutely. AD's have to be acutely aware of who is available and what other jobs are available. You have to reach out and gauge their interest and figure out their interest in other jobs. You wouldn't be doing your job if you didn't.

Tusks

Out

BB
Sumlin
Jones
McElwain
Gus

Who cares.  OMU & MO

So maybe 7 coaching changes.  8 if Mullen goes to Florida which I think he will.

BR

Quote from: Steef on October 29, 2017, 08:12:04 am
Still not the point.

It makes NO difference how much "hurry" a program has. What matters is how  much hurry prospective coaches and their agents have.

Norvell & Campbell and their agents know they're hot right now. They KNOW theyre6gonna get multiple phone calls.

Secondarily, if...we happened to call them before Florida, they're STILL gonna wait for Florida to call. And Tennessee. And maybe TAMU.

They're not gonna say, "We gotta sign with Arkansas before they change their mind!"
With the NEW Recruiting signing date...  I think a coach is definitely going to want to be at his new job to not miss the Dec signing period..  My 2 Cents
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

texas tush hog

Quote from: parallaxpig on October 29, 2017, 07:12:34 am

Norvell wants to be here, but Florida will get him if Bielema goes 3-1.

ballz2thewall

jeff long has trouble with coaches from the south. he's not well liked among them.
The rest of the frog.

BR

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 29, 2017, 11:47:48 am
You people kill me with this act fast stuff!  NO school in the NCAA is going to hire a coach before the season ends!  NO agent is going to tell his guy “hey, school A has an opening and they offered first, let’s take it.”  Rather, the agent is going to say, “school A reached out to me but you are the hottest thing going right now so let’s wait and see what other offers are out there so we can leverage them all to get the best deal we can.” 

That’s reality in any world so what difference does “acting fast” make?
With the NEW Recruiting signing date...  I think a coach is definitely going to want to be at his new job to not miss the Dec signing period..  My 2 Cents

scaldedhog

Definitely:

Jones and Luke

Almost definitely:
McElwain

Not safe:
Bielema
Sumlin
Malzahn

Orgeron
Odom

would certainly bet one of those ends up at another sec school
Make Arkansas Football great again

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Augustus on October 29, 2017, 02:09:18 am
Odom is gone, too.

Missouri has a stadium expansion approved & coming up (that focuses on higher tiered pricing, much like the DWRRS expansion), and they will need a Coach that can produce the results that will put butts in those higher $$$ seats.

Plus, they are 2 years removed from the social "uprising" that happened at Missouri, that included the football team.

At the time of Gary Pinkel's resignation, Odom was the popular choice especially among teammates.

But, no more... the upperclassmen who were part of that "boycott" are no longer there, and the young guys don't care... they just want to win.

Would they make a ply for BP? I think he would take the job.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

ballz2thewall

Quote from: bkjbearcat on October 29, 2017, 12:00:35 pm
Would they make a ply for BP? I think he would take the job.

i'm reading here and there that tennessee is interested in petrino.
The rest of the frog.

BR

Quote from: Augustus on October 29, 2017, 02:09:18 am
Odom is gone, too.

What's sad is Missouri has a great chance to get to 6-6, 3-5 now with the remaining schedule....  The HOG game could mean something to them, maybe we can play spoilers....   If they go to a Bowl, Odom's job might be safe...

Sat, Nov 4 vs  Florida
Sat, Nov 11 vs Tennessee
Sat, Nov 18 @ Vanderbilt
Fri, Nov 24 @ Arkansas

BR

mizzouman

Quote from: BR on October 29, 2017, 12:05:32 pm

What's sad is Missouri has a great chance to get to 6-6, 3-5 now with the remaining schedule....  The HOG game could mean something to them, maybe we can play spoilers....   If they go to a Bowl, Odom's job might be safe...

Sat, Nov 4 vs  Florida
Sat, Nov 11 vs Tennessee
Sat, Nov 18 @ Vanderbilt
Fri, Nov 24 @ Arkansas
Must go 2-2.

Tusks

I don't want a coach at the UA looking for job security

TNhawgfan

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 29, 2017, 11:47:11 am

Norvell wants to be here, but Florida will get him if Bielema goes 3-1.
No worries there. BB will be very lucky to go 2-2. We sure as hell ain't beating lsu or msu
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

GoHogs1091

Florida is going to want an offensive-minded Coach.  Everyone is tired of bad offense there.

Here are my predictions.

Tennessee   Mike Norvell
Ole Miss   Lane Kiffin or Les Miles
Florida   Dan Mullen
Mississippi State   Neal Brown
Nebraska   Scott Frost
Louisville   (new A.D. will probably want to clean out the garbage in the cesspool)   Jeff Brohm
UCLA   Matt Campbell
Memphis   Blake Anderson
Arkansas State   Rhett Lashlee

ur

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 29, 2017, 03:11:27 pm
Florida is going to want an offensive-minded Coach.  Everyone is tired of bad offense there.

Here are my predictions.

Tennessee   Mike Norvell
Ole Miss   Lane Kiffin or Les Miles
Florida   Dan Mullen
Mississippi State   Neal Brown
Nebraska   Scott Frost
Louisville   (new A.D. will probably want to clean out the garbage in the cesspool)   Jeff Brohm
UCLA   Matt Campbell
Memphis   Blake Anderson
Arkansas State   Rhett Lashlee

I can agree with this. I think the aggie or aub job may be open also. Norvell would crawl to Ark over Tenn. Only playing Bama instead of Bama , Geo, and a new Florida every year. Not as much pressure if lose to bama at Ark compared to Tenn. Wife is from the Fort.