Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5 star in Dardanelle?

Started by Capt. Hamm, December 22, 2013, 06:25:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. Hamm

Anyone know anything about Parker Witt in Dardanelle? Russellville paper said Lemming had him as a five star recruit in today's paper. Plays DE.

PorkRinds

mhuff

Quote from: This little pig fan on December 22, 2013, 06:25:07 pm
Anyone know anything about Parker Witt in Dardanelle? Russellville paper said Lemming had him as a five star recruit in today's paper. Plays DE.

Good info..... I have not heard anything about the young man.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: This little pig fan on December 22, 2013, 06:25:07 pm

247 has him listed as a wide receiver, and unranked. he is class of 15 so he might not have been seen by them yet.

Capt. Hamm

He is a going to be a senor next year. The paper said he has been contacted by 60 schools, including Arkansas. He has a highlight film on youtube if you want to see him.

felixfan

Lol guess my alma mater is good for something. 

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

HOGINTENNESSEE

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bWlpy8SYQnc

Highlights, seems like the kind of guy Ben Herbert can transform.

felixfan

Looks good but hardly a 5* by the highlights there.  Just my opinion.

whosiskid

There are a LOT of WRs instate next year who might be Div 1 quality.  Probably more than we will take. It will be interesting to see who we offer.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Piggfoot

Quote from: felixfan on December 22, 2013, 07:44:51 pm
[/

Your credentials please so we may pay you proper homage.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

aberium2002

^^^^^ this. No way is he a 5*
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" John Heisman

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

My nephew plays ball with him. I'll ask him about him over the holidays when I see him.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Hayden1865

Was able to see this kid at a team camp this Summer. He is a good looking prospect, not a five star athlete, but with sometime in a weight program he could be a great get.
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

PORKER1

Playing against sub-standard competition will make anyone look like a 5 star. Where's the info when he plays against better competition? D2 at best

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: jseinfeld50 on December 22, 2013, 07:14:14 pm
saw this and found a little info on him

http://www.couriernews.com/view/full_story/23133523/article-Dardanelle-s-Parker-Witt-tackling-the-dream
"he personally called his contacts at Georgia, Florida and Ole Miss and told them to get this guy before Arkansas does"
Ouch.
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

PORKER1

Nice avatar "This little pig fan"..........lol

MissippHog

Deep Shoat

I live in Russellville and I haven't heard much about him.  I'll check him out and report back.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Huds_HawgTide

Jeez ppl...stop talking some of these kids down
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Deep Shoat

Quote from: tophawgwatcher on December 23, 2013, 02:55:19 am
Jeez ppl...stop talking some of these kids down
There is a big difference between "talking him down" and accurately identifying his play level.  He may be über talented, but you can't tell based on his competition.  And from a technical standpoint, he needs a lot of development.

He does look like a man among boys out there, which is a good sign.
All Gas, No Brakes!

ARtillahog

Not shabby for his first year of playing the position.  Needs technique work and learn to use his hands better.  I'd have to agree that 4-4A is not the best conference/competition, even though they had the state champion for 4A this year.

PygmalionEffect

I see how you have to be able to project these guys out.  He has really good speed but obviously doesn't have the size or strength needed currently, but someone thinks he'll be able to add that.

Jamal Anderson was actually recruited out of H.S. as a WR and ended up playing DE on Sundays, so who knows.

He looks tall relative to the other players, wonder how tall he is?
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

jethro

I have seen him play a few times the last couple of years.  Seems like a pretty good kid and does have some skill.  I don't think he would be dominant, but as a project with the right strength coach he could make some noise.  I also like his mention of Michael Perry at Pottsville.  Perry had everything in the world.  Loads of skill and work ethic.  Just passed over by most cos he is 5'10" and 175 instead of 6'2" and 200.
Registered in 2003.

Least post per day average on this board.

felixfan

Quote from: qdoc on December 22, 2013, 08:03:14 pm
[/

Your credentials please so we may pay you proper homage.

My credentials are RN, BSN, CEN. but you sir hold the honor of being the leftover contents of a used [CENSORED]. All I did was give my opinion, nothing againat the kid. It's DA like you who make this site hard to visit sometimes.

ballhogger14u

It's funny how someone sees 5 star and everyone wants him, I graduated from dardanelle and have seen this kid play since he was little, he is a solid high school player works hard great kid but is not a D1 player he will end up at atu, Harding, etc maybe uca the same recruiting service listed the perry kid from Pottsville as a 4 star and he is going to ATU so take that rating with a grain of salt, not bashing at all I hope he works hard over the summer which he will, he has 2 trainers pretty much, and maybe can get a offer from ASU.

sowmonella

Is he related to former FEMA Director James Lee Witt?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

PORKER1

Perry can run rings around this kid and he's a 4 star. That said I hope he does well and bulks up this summer cause he's going to need it. The reason he looks bigger against that competition is because everybody else is 5'7.

PORKER1

And yes he is related. That's his grandfather.

Moe wins

6'2" & pushing 200 pounds. Very agressive @ D-end but very lanky.

I have watched him since grade school. A good kid, but no where near strong enough or fast enough for 5 star.

More like a 3.

jseinfeld50

December 23, 2013, 05:50:54 pm #36 Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 06:09:33 pm by jseinfeld50
sounds like he does well at camps and combines in tests

Poker_hog

Lemming is loose with the stars
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

OTTER

Quote from: jseinfeld50 on December 23, 2013, 05:50:54 pm
sounds like he does well at camps and combines in tests
He does, and he is taking all the right steps to get bigger, faster and stronger.  He has a strong work ethic.  I think he is a high 3 but could be a 4 or better because he is a smart, hard working kid.  This is a good one to keep on your radar.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

ckhawgu

Dude looks like he would make a better LB than a DE at that size with the shuttle and 40 times posted... 6'2, 210 with a 4.5 40 and 4.12 shuttle... not bad at all from a numbers perspective!

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: ckhawgu on December 23, 2013, 07:15:18 pm
Dude looks like he would make a better LB than a DE at that size with the shuttle and 40 times posted... 6'2, 210 with a 4.5 40 and 4.12 shuttle... not bad at all from a numbers perspective!
x2.  Who cares if he doesn't jump off the page on his highlight video as of right now.  Looks like he has a good foundation to be a potential contributor at the college level. 
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

felixfan

Quote from: arkansasfan1 on December 23, 2013, 09:58:57 pm
There no way dardanelle has a 5 star college recruit I seen him play.  The best recruit they ever have was a freaking kicker hahaha they dont produce D1.  He a D2 at most.

They had a kid get a scholarship to Tulsa a few years back.

Moe wins

The kid that played end in 2011 and 2012 was way better.

He would chase all over the field & had a lot more tackles. Just not the press.

The Recruiting Guy

The rating was from Randy Taylor who works for NCSA. NCSA pays for Tom's travel around the country to see all the top prospects.

Randy rates prospect up to eight stars. He use to work in the NFL and that's the rating system they give while evaluating.

Tom doesn't rate juniors. Only rates kids when they're seniors.

I think you'll see a correction in the near future.

felixfan

Quote from: Richard Davenport on December 24, 2013, 12:21:39 pm
The rating was from Randy Taylor who works for NCSA. NCSA pays for Tom's travel around the country to see all the top prospects.

Randy rates prospect up to eight stars. He use to work in the NFL and that's the rating system they give while evaluating.

Problem solved

Tony Sloprano

Quote from: Richard Davenport on December 24, 2013, 12:21:39 pm

Thank you for the clarification. Makes perfect sense now. 5 out of 8 stars is pretty much the same as a 3 star on a 5 star system.

Razorback4

"I can still see him rubbing his bald head when he came to talk to us," Jimmy said. "He told us that he had done 10,000 of these camps and that Parker was the best defensive end he'd ever seen. He told us he personally called his contacts at Georgia, Florida and Ole Miss and told them to get this guy before Arkansas does."

:o :o :o

ARtillahog

Quote from: Razorback4 on December 25, 2013, 09:58:21 pm
"I can still see him rubbing his bald head when he came to talk to us," Jimmy said. "He told us that he had done 10,000 of these camps and that Parker was the best defensive end he'd ever seen. He told us he personally called his contacts at Georgia, Florida and Ole Miss and told them to get this guy before Arkansas does."

:o :o :o

Yeah, 10,000 camps?  Depending on how old he is, 300 camps a yr would take over 30 yrs.

farhog

108 tackles from a DE!?! that's extraordinary!