Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ALL RALLY POSTS HERE!!!! DO NOT START ANY NEW ONES!!!

Started by phoggy, January 24, 2007, 11:39:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pragmatic PiG

HogHillbilly

Quote from: hogsanity on January 25, 2007, 02:42:29 pm
Quote from: HogHillbilly on January 25, 2007, 02:31:32 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on January 25, 2007, 02:27:32 pm
Quote from: hawgwilde on January 25, 2007, 02:25:19 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on January 25, 2007, 02:05:40 pm

No, I would not have gone.  While I applaud those that actually did go for standing up for what they THINK is the right things to do, I think these type things only further hurt the program.

I don't think it hurts the program any more than Nutt, JFB and Teresa Prewitt have hurt the program.

It does because it has the PERCEPTION of being against those still there, INCLUDING the players.

What I find amusing is that the season ticket holders have all the ammo they need to get both JFB and HDn gone, just dont buy them again.  If you truly think the best thing for the program is for them to be gone, then put the program above yoursleves and refuse those tickets.

Just a statement then.................You don't buy season tickets this year. JFB and HDN are gone next year...........Now you have lost not only your tickets but your good seats............Thats why people won't do that.............And they know people won't do that.............Hence a protest

Because people put THEMSELVES BEFORE THE PROGRAM.  Which is just what they accuse JFB and HDN of doing.

Oh............So the fans should give up their tickets and suffer because they have no other choice.
Maybe they're puting the Program in front of JFB and HDN by keeping their seats............Wouldn't it cause the program to suffer if everyone stopped buying tickets ?
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

hogsanity

Quote from: HogHillbilly on January 25, 2007, 02:47:29 pm

No, I would not have gone.  While I applaud those that actually did go for standing up for what they THINK is the right things to do, I think these type things only further hurt the program.

I don't think it hurts the program any more than Nutt, JFB and Teresa Prewitt have hurt the program.

It does because it has the PERCEPTION of being against those still there, INCLUDING the players.

What I find amusing is that the season ticket holders have all the ammo they need to get both JFB and HDn gone, just dont buy them again.  If you truly think the best thing for the program is for them to be gone, then put the program above yoursleves and refuse those tickets.

Just a statement then.................You don't buy season tickets this year. JFB and HDN are gone next year...........Now you have lost not only your tickets but your good seats............Thats why people won't do that.............And they know people won't do that.............Hence a protest

Because people put THEMSELVES BEFORE THE PROGRAM.  Which is just what they accuse JFB and HDN of doing.

Oh............So the fans should give up their tickets and suffer because they have no other choice.
Maybe they're puting the Program in front of JFB and HDN by keeping their seats............Wouldn't it cause the program to suffer if everyone stopped buying tickets ?

Yes, but if you think HDN and JFB are killing it anyway, whats the difference.  Buying tickets enables them to stay in power, thus further harming the program.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HogHillbilly

January 25, 2007, 02:54:59 pm #1803 Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 03:05:00 pm by HogHillbilly
Quote from: hogsanity on January 25, 2007, 02:50:50 pm

Yes, but if you think HDN and JFB are killing it anyway, whats the difference.  Buying tickets enables them to stay in power, thus further harming the program.

Exactly..............That's why some decided to protest instead of getting rid of their tickets
My point is...........It doesn't matter who's right and who's wrong............The fan base is split and that is bad...........It has to be fixed soon before it gets worse, AND IT WILL...........Now the question is, how do you fix it ?

POPS

Two things would have to happen. One - I'd have to be in state and within an hour or two from where it took place. Two - I would have to be able to take off work and have no other family obligations. If these are met then I would have made it.

CalHog

Yes, live in Southern Cal or I would have been their and would have brought a van full of people with me.

Mr. Hog

Go Hogs Go!

hogsanity

Quote from: HogHillbilly on January 25, 2007, 02:54:59 pm

Exactly..............That's why some decided to protest instead of getting rid of their tickets
My point is...........It doesn't matter who's right and who's wrong............The fan base is split and that is bad...........It has to be fixed soon before it gets worse, AND IT WILL...........Now the question is, how do you fix it ?

THe fan base is not split.  The fan base has a broken corner.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

pigslop

:razorback:

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: hogsanity on January 25, 2007, 03:06:16 pm

Can you explain the huge TV poll numbers which showed 70+ percent of the respondees think Nutt and broyles should go?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

HogHillbilly

Quote from: hogsanity on January 25, 2007, 03:06:16 pm
Quote from: HogHillbilly on January 25, 2007, 02:54:59 pm

Holy smokes.............I was agreeing with you until now............Protests, Newspaper ads, call in shows and message boards............How can you possible say the fan base is not split ?

When was the last time any of this has happened at Arkansas..................Never

POPS

To me these are the reasons why fans are unable to give up their tickets and stop buying anything that supports UA.

They have nowhere else to go. They have no other team to root for. They've been raised to love them Hogs or come to love them Hogs so much that they can't see themselves not supporting the UA.

I believe Frank, Nutt, and all those boosters realize this and are taking advantage of all of us. Yes if the fans that were upset, unhappy, or in agreement that Nutt and Frank have overstayed their welcome and stopped giving money or buying anything then yes it would force the UA to do something about it to get the fans giving money to the UA once again. Because of the reasons above this will not happen.

Divided we fall, united we stand. Looks like we're falling pretty fast. This includes the program to.

Just my opinion.

JusJim

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on January 24, 2007, 08:55:25 pm
Quote from: JusJim on January 24, 2007, 07:00:14 pm
I see no reason that any of us need to protest or hold rallies.

We know JusJim...we know...

Dick was 10-22 with two picks against Florida, and Mustain didn't throw a pass.  Nutt promised Mustain would play against Wisconsin, and this meant he split the 30% of practice time spent on the pass equally between two players--so nobody was prepared to start.  Dick was 9-21, Mustain 5-10, and the passing game was Nutt's same old max-protect, no reads, one or two receiver crap that good defenses can handle in their sleep.

In the meantime, Nutt carried on a passive-aggressive campaign attempting to harass Mustain into leaving the team.  He asked seniors on the defense harass and belittle Mustain in the locker room, and they did.  Nutt's brother asked an acquaintance to send Mustain a now-infamous e-mail, loaded with inside-the-team references, trying to humiliate him and urging him to quit the team.

The sad thing is the lack of accountability here.  You make such preposterous statements but never prove what your saying.  We're you a fly on the wall when all this happened? 

fshog

pigslop

:razorback:

VANVONDENBURGH

Quote from: The real Hogules on January 25, 2007, 02:41:13 pm
All accomplished by a grand total of fifty angry Hog fans that were willing to put their freedom of speech to good use!
WTG, you guys are the TRUE Hog fans.
Also I heard that almost EVERY car that drove past honked their horn and even in pretty cold weather would roll down their windows and give a BIG thumbs up to the group of protesters.

There were other fingers hanging out windows as well.  Pretty funny actually. 

NuttinItUp

Quote from: VANVONDENBURGH on January 25, 2007, 03:16:15 pm
Quote from: The real Hogules on January 25, 2007, 02:41:13 pm
All accomplished by a grand total of fifty angry Hog fans that were willing to put their freedom of speech to good use!
WTG, you guys are the TRUE Hog fans.
Also I heard that almost EVERY car that drove past honked their horn and even in pretty cold weather would roll down their windows and give a BIG thumbs up to the group of protesters.

There were other fingers hanging out windows as well.  Pretty funny actually. 
LOL

HogFaninGA

Quote from: JusJim on January 25, 2007, 03:13:38 pm

Dick was 10-22 with two picks against Florida, and Mustain didn't throw a pass.  Nutt promised Mustain would play against Wisconsin, and this meant he split the 30% of practice time spent on the pass equally between two players--so nobody was prepared to start.  Dick was 9-21, Mustain 5-10, and the passing game was Nutt's same old max-protect, no reads, one or two receiver crap that good defenses can handle in their sleep.

In the meantime, Nutt carried on a passive-aggressive campaign attempting to harass Mustain into leaving the team.  He asked seniors on the defense harass and belittle Mustain in the locker room, and they did.  Nutt's brother asked an acquaintance to send Mustain a now-infamous e-mail, loaded with inside-the-team references, trying to humiliate him and urging him to quit the team.

The sad thing is the lack of accountability here.  You make such preposterous statements but never prove what your saying.  We're you a fly on the wall when all this happened? 

It is very ironic that you want a poster on a message board to be held accountable for what they say, but you don't ask for the samething from a man that is making 1.2 million a year and is the HC of our program.  You need to get your priorities straight.

PigKahuna

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 25, 2007, 02:35:26 pm
Quote from: jameshogfan on January 25, 2007, 02:32:54 pm
Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 25, 2007, 02:31:12 pm

Wrong.  Becoming a season ticker holder is not easy. I've gotten tickets for more than 30 years. I was still buying tickets when Nutt left for Okie State. Why should I give up my tickets just because Nutt has screwed up?

Here here!!!!

I am right there with you!!! I'm not giving up squat because of an incompetent coach. Its good football, and I love watching it. I'm keeping my tickets until I go to the pearly gates.

Watch for the color black next season.  There will be lots of it in the stands....Lots.

Black will be real comfy at the home opener when it will be 90 degrees.

mannequin99

Hold the HC accountable for what, the rumors on this site?  Posters should be accountable for what they type.  If you don't have proof, and by proof, I mean something fully documented with sources, you don't have anything.

I'm just afraid that the breaking of the fan base is partly due to unfounded or unsubstantiated rumors, spread on this site and others.  Don't protest on things that are not proven.  

JusJim

Quote from: HogFaninGA on January 25, 2007, 05:01:17 pm

It is very ironic that you want a poster on a message board to be held accountable for what they say, but you don't ask for the samething from a man that is making 1.2 million a year and is the HC of our program.  You need to get your priorities straight.
Alot of the very things you say he should be held accountable for, are the very things I say you need to prove......So prove your accusations then lets talk about accountability.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: JusJim on January 25, 2007, 05:07:59 pm

Alot of the very things you say he should be held accountable for, are the very things I say you need to prove......So prove your accusations then lets talk about accountability.
Actually, Biggus Piggus wrote that and Mike Irwin has confirmed that the majority of it is true.

Several other people who know the people involved have confirmed it also.

As much as I hate it, it is true.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: PigKahuna on January 25, 2007, 05:03:38 pm
Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 25, 2007, 02:35:26 pm
Quote from: jameshogfan on January 25, 2007, 02:32:54 pm
Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 25, 2007, 02:31:12 pm

Wrong.  Becoming a season ticker holder is not easy. I've gotten tickets for more than 30 years. I was still buying tickets when Nutt left for Okie State. Why should I give up my tickets just because Nutt has screwed up?

Here here!!!!

I am right there with you!!! I'm not giving up squat because of an incompetent coach. Its good football, and I love watching it. I'm keeping my tickets until I go to the pearly gates.

Watch for the color black next season.  There will be lots of it in the stands....Lots.

Black will be real comfy at the home opener when it will be 90 degrees.

My dorm room will be more comfortable.

NuttinItUp

So now, 24 hours later after the rally. What are you guys' assessment of how effective it was?

LilRounDevil

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.  Hahahahahahahahhahahahahaha.

hogfan11

Yea.. i also think that they should both go but wasn't at the rally bc i had a lab starting at 4..it was bad timing whoever planned it..

HogHillbilly

Quote from: mannequin99 on January 25, 2007, 05:05:46 pm
Hold the HC accountable for what, the rumors on this site?  Posters should be accountable for what they type.  If you don't have proof, and by proof, I mean something fully documented with sources, you don't have anything.

I'm just afraid that the breaking of the fan base is partly due to unfounded or unsubstantiated rumors, spread on this site and others.  Don't protest on things that are not proven.  

If you are going to be on here complaining about this site.............Why are you on here ?
Reading the so called rumors maybe ?

rzrback911

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on January 25, 2007, 05:35:28 pm

Actually, Biggus Piggus wrote that and Mike Irwin has confirmed that the majority of it is true.

LOL, Biggus wrote it and mike confirmed that MOST of it was true.  You guys crack me up more and more every day.  I guess that first line with the stats would be the true part and you just attach whatever you want on the tail end and call it gospel.

HogHillbilly

Quote from: rzrback911 on January 25, 2007, 06:43:56 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on January 25, 2007, 05:35:28 pm

LOL, Biggus wrote it and mike confirmed that MOST of it was true.  You guys crack me up more and more every day.  I guess that first line with the stats would be the true part and you just attach whatever you want on the tail end and call it gospel.

Since you can read minds, do you know which part was true then ?

JLaHawg

Despite the low turnout....LOTS of people were talking about the program today.  Lots of people are asking questions about the current administration.  Mission accomplished for the dark side...imho.

HogHillbilly

Quote from: JLaHawg on January 25, 2007, 06:47:15 pm

Despite the low turnout....LOTS of people were talking about the program today.  Lots of people are asking questions about the current administration.  Mission accomplished for the dark side...imho.

I agree..............People that don't normally care are now talking about it...........

diamondp

JUST WIN!!!!

rzrback911

NuttinItUp

NuttinItUp

cessna8667

I still think it was an ill-conceived, ill-planned, and poorly executed idea.  Ask me again in a few days and my opinion probably won't change much.

arkfanchip

I think The Rally was a bust. It was not well played. I don't live in NWA but come here every weekend. I would have been here along with others that I am good friends with. Some of which almost skipped out on class and work to make the trip. I promise if a rally was scheduled for a Saturday more would come.

mannequin99

HogHillbilly -
Yea, just to read the rumors.  See if I could find out what was happening to the hogs myself. 
My concerns have been resolved with the moving of the rumors to the rumors page.  It looked alot like most of the rumors were being taken as gospel.  Simple reclassification of rumors to the rumors page and all is well.

NuttinItUp

whatsshakinbacon

Not sure nuttinitup, but my guess is one of the mods/admins saw arguments prevailing over the last few pages.  Then a bump to continue the controversy well after the thread had begun to fail the smell test for spoilage.

Face it...it's just a vent now.

Bacon out...

NuttinItUp

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on January 27, 2007, 09:48:22 pm
Not sure nuttinitup, but my guess is one of the mods/admins saw arguments prevailing over the last few pages.  Then a bump to continue the controversy well after the thread had begun to fail the smell test for spoilage.

Bacon out...

boo! lol. Ok, I guess I will sit down and be quiet on the whole "the rally was a semi-big deal". I don't consider myself a Hugger or a Darksider, but I thought that the rally at least had significance in an overall sense. Maybe the Huggers are right, though, and this should just be an afterthought in a long forgotten forum... 

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 27, 2007, 09:56:37 pm

Bacon out...

boo! lol. Ok, I guess I will sit down and be quiet on the whole "the rally was a semi-big deal". I don't consider myself a Hugger or a Darksider, but I thought that the rally at least had significance in an overall sense. Maybe the Huggers are right, though, and this should just be an afterthought in a long forgotten forum... 

Don't kid yourself, you're a hugger..
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on January 27, 2007, 10:17:43 pm

Leave him alone NSTNG...not nice to bait the huggers.

Bacon out...

NuttinItUp

Bacon out...

No, I assure you. I HATE NUTT!!! (and want him eternally banished from the U of A) Why on earth would I want a thread dedicated to a rally against Nutt on the front page if I had any feelings whatsoever for him?

lol
Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on January 27, 2007, 10:19:01 pm

Bacon out...
It's all good. He just didn't know how much I indeed hate Nutt. ;)

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 27, 2007, 10:24:21 pm

Bacon out...

No, I assure you. I HATE NUTT!!! (and want him eternally banished from the U of A) Why on earth would I want a thread dedicated to a rally against Nutt on the front page if I had any feelings whatsoever for him?

lol

Bacon out...

Ok......

hugger

NuttinItUp

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on January 27, 2007, 10:25:13 pm
Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 27, 2007, 10:24:21 pm

Bacon out...

lol

Bacon out...

Ok......

hugger

lol, You are silly.

I can't do much more than say I hate Nutt and Frank. If you don't believe me, then that is your choice. ;)

paraloma

...and Diana sat in her car looking and laughing at ya'll.

Dallas Washington for Heisman

midnighthog

We will see who has the last laugh,  I can bet she's not laughing now.