Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ALL RALLY POSTS HERE!!!! DO NOT START ANY NEW ONES!!!

Started by phoggy, January 24, 2007, 11:39:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: PigKahuna on January 24, 2007, 12:41:24 pm
There will be more people standing around to watch the protesters than there will be actually protesting.

It's like a KKK rally in that respect.
good point.
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

PigKahuna

Quote from: Feralhog on January 24, 2007, 12:41:33 pm
Quote from: jdlew on January 24, 2007, 12:40:38 pm
Talked  to some this am and they are pissed and ready. You guys are Soooooo Wrong for doing this. BTY they don't support your cause!!!!

The height of stupidity if the coaches allow this.

I agree, but this is a bad situation.  What do you expect the coaches to do?  They can't contact 100 players on short notice and tell them to stay away. 

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: Hawgasaurus on January 24, 2007, 12:42:31 pm
get some player on fans beatdowns on TV, that will be great.

Now, that is what would definately hurt the program. I could see it played and replayed on ESPN!

Michael Porkleone

I heard it was a rally to FREE HAT!
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

justwin

Another pr nightmare for Broyles and Nutt if players do show up.  It would appear as if they were told to be there.

LA HAWG

There will be more people standing around to watch the protesters than there will be actually protesting.

LOL!!!  Good point!

WILL CLINTON

So what...

What is that supposed to mean, "the players are pissed and ready", ?

Is McFadden going to come out and "kick" someone's ass??  Get real, the players aren't going to do anything.  It would be a PR disaster if something did go down between a player and a fan.  Not to mention the lawsuit that would be forthcoming.  No way HDN or any of the other coaches are going to let that happen. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

LilRounDevil

Quote from: Feralhog on January 24, 2007, 12:39:21 pm
Quote from: LilRounDevil on January 24, 2007, 12:34:30 pm
Quote from: Feralhog on January 24, 2007, 12:32:49 pm
This isn't about the players.  Make no mistake, the coaches could keep the players from showing up if they really wanted to. Players showing up to protest the fans could lead to  real dissention from the fans toward the players.

This may be what needs to happen.  It would bring things to a head.

You're kidding right? Let me tell you something.  I've been going to games since 1970.  A season ticket holder and donor since the mid 80's.  The only thing I can think of that would cause me to turn my back on this program is if the players had some kind of major confrontation with the fans.  These people spend their hard earned money to support this program, and while the players may not agree with their sentiments, the fans have a right to do this.  If players try and interfere with the fans wanting to protest, I will never send another dime to the University again.  I don't care if HDN leaves or not.

When someone confronts they have to expect confrontation.  No guts, no glory. When I confront someone I expect confrontation.  Thanks for "telling me."

hogman64

Talked  to some this am and they are pissed and ready. You guys are Soooooo Wrong for doing this. BTY they don't support your cause!!!!

if that is true it just shows more lack of control within the program, more reason to Fire Nutt

Pissed and ready????? they going to  "whup everybody's a** that shows up"??????  Great Move.......

razornole

Quote from: LA HAWG on January 24, 2007, 12:15:26 pm
Quote from: football17 on January 24, 2007, 11:57:16 am
the organizers are expecing 500-750

lol sad but funny

Let's see 500-750 for the protest,
72,000 for gameday. 

This is going to send the wrong message people. 
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: PigKahuna on January 24, 2007, 12:43:15 pm
Quote from: Feralhog on January 24, 2007, 12:41:33 pm

The height of stupidity if the coaches allow this.

I agree, but this is a bad situation.  What do you expect the coaches to do?  They can't contact 100 players on short notice and tell them to stay away. 

Um, that kind of shows that the coaches have no control over the team. People have known about this for a couple of days. The coaches should know to call a team meeting and talk to the players about this.

hogfan064

You're exactly right.  Those who do show will likely be drunk college students and not big name donors.

allyoucaneatbuffet

Who cares?  The players are only allowed to play because of the fans.

No fans, no attendance, no donation$, no SEC, no program.

Fans make the program, but it's the big secret... just like people paying taxes make the government, without either, both will fall.

Who really cares?

if you're a player reading this now, fine, show up.  i'm proud of your effort, but if you really think turning on the only people who allow you to take the field will ENDEAR YOU to me, forget it!  you will just join the spoiled ranks of 'butu in my eyes.

SoonerSooie

Please, Please, Please, don't do this! If you really, really want the Hog nation to look bad, then participate!
This entire sordid situation needs to be taken care of in house, not on the national stage with recruits and the world looking on!
I sometimes waver between the Darkside and the Light, mostly, I believe things have a way of sorting themselves out though, even if it is not on the timeline that I would personally prefer. One thing I do know is that we don't need the embarrassment that this will bring, not to the ones it is intended for, but to the Hog Nation as a whole!
This is not good!

Nutts and Bolts

NO players are going to be there. Period.
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

Winner

This is only going to help Houston.  I never thought I'd see a group with worse PR skills than the nimrods in the Broyles complex, but whoever is putting this together has them beat.

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: SeveredSwine on January 24, 2007, 12:43:59 pm
What happens if the protesters attack the players?

I don't see that happening. The protesters have no beef with the players.

ballhog88

This should help recruiting! Some of you so called fans need to let it go and move on. Your not helping matters by protesting. 

PigKahuna

I think what will happen if the players show up is NO confrontation.

However, the players will be there for the TV cameras and reporters to say what they think about the protest.

Hawgasaurus

Quote from: dubyacee on January 24, 2007, 12:43:55 pm
So what...

Is McFadden going to come out and "kick" someone's ass??  Get real, the players aren't going to do anything.  It would be a PR disaster if something did go down between a player and a fan.  Not to mention the lawsuit that would be forthcoming.  No way HDN or any of the other coaches are going to let that happen. 

Keep his shoes on him!!!
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

Hawgz4Life

PorkerOinker

I don't see anything wrong if the players want to come and show there support for HDN if that's how they feel then so be it like most of you say there wont be hardly anyone there this will have no impact whatsoever.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

Feralhog

Quote from: LA HAWG on January 24, 2007, 12:42:14 pm

The question is who cares and what are they going to do?  Are the players and fans going to have a big brawl in the Pit?  You act like everybody should be scared of these kids.  Why would anyone be scared.  Get real.

Has nothing to do with being afraid or not.  IMO any confrontation among the players and the fans would be irrevocable.  If the coaches didn't want the players there, guess what?  They wouldn't be. 
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

patgrl

Why would a protester attack a player? It's not about the players. Most of us are still for the Hogs, just not the dogs that run the show.

razornole

So what...

lmao Bet he doesn't kick anybody

LR Hog

500-750 would be a great turn out.
Like a boss.

Hawgasaurus

Need to distribute the free beer to spark this powderkeg!!!
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

Nutts and Bolts

Just the fact that there is a rally is damaging. It does not matter how many show up.  Just another sign that the Athletic Department is a joke and people are not going to stand for their actions any more.  I support the rally
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

Frank and Swine

Quote from: hogfan064 on January 24, 2007, 12:42:03 pm

Don't worry only about 50 will show up.  Nothing will be accomplished by this event today.

Are you kidding? It has already accomplished something. You and a lot of people in this state are talking about it. Some supportive and some not. The important thing is that it shows how desperate fans are for a change.

LR Hog

Quote from: ballhog88 on January 24, 2007, 12:44:58 pm
This should help recruiting! Some of you so called fans need to let it go and move on. Your not helping matters by protesting. 

I agree.
Like a boss.

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: Hawgasaurus on January 24, 2007, 12:45:06 pm
So what...

Keep his shoes on him!!!

This cracked me up!

allyoucaneatbuffet

up... otherwise this is really really going to blow up in the face of everyone, and help out the smear campaign of  Nutt-Broyles

can't' wait till the evening news?  what about talk radio?  right at the time of the protest, voila, randy calls in and sees from someone on the ground only 15 showed up!

PLEASE tell me people will go, even though i think its crazy, now that things are set in motion, you HAVE to do this right!

hawgette

"Protesting" football coach's?!?!  I have now seen it all.  If you want to make a statement dont go to the games, give donations, etc.  This is really stupid.  Thanks again for making Arkansas more of a laughing stock. 

Have you people thought about what if Nutt/Broyles leave?  Who would want to coach here?  People protest because A B or C player was "iced" out and insane blind hatred for 2 men.  Not to mention how you just disregard what the other players have given us the past season.  Screw them it doesnt matter.  You guys just want it now and forget the effects this will have on the program in years to come.

WILL CLINTON

So what...

Keep his shoes on him!!!

Let's hope he isn't wearing Razorback flip flops and someone tries to steal his car. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Craig O Squeal

I think even the most diehard darksider realizes that this is not directed at the players...it appears to be one of the only ways (through media coverage) to continue to get the collective voices heard. And I believe that no protester is dumb enough to confront a player. Conversely, players need to be smart enough to steer as far away from this situation as possible, no matter which side of the fence they are on.

LilRounDevil

Somebody needs to bring free beer too.

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: dubyacee on January 24, 2007, 12:47:23 pm
So what...

Keep his shoes on him!!!

Let's hope he isn't wearing Razorback flip flops and someone tries to steal his car. 

Quick! Someone slip him some steel toe boots before this afternoon!

PigKahuna

You can get 200 students to show up for almsot anything, except class.

allyoucaneatbuffet

Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on January 24, 2007, 12:48:05 pm
Quote from: dubyacee on January 24, 2007, 12:47:23 pm
So what...

Keep his shoes on him!!!

Quick! Someone slip him some steel toe boots before this afternoon!

unless you are mitch, then it takes a MONTH to get shoes! :puke:

LSluvsthehogs

So the players can't have their opinion?  Aren't they the ones that put on the Razorback uniform and play for us?

arktennis

One can love/appreciate the players while thinking the HC and AD are way past their usefullness.  Why does everyone think the thoughts are mutually exclusive.  Get real.  We love the Hogs and the players.  We just think our HC and AD don't know what they are doing anymore and need to move on for the good of the program. In order for the program to grow. 

We've had 9 yrs of this HC and still have not played a BCS bowl game or had a winning season against Top ranked teams.  For the good of the school, assuming it really wants to compete for a title like the fans would like, they need to go.

And, before you say we can't afford the facilities or coaches or recruit the big players (like JFB said) how does West Virginia, Boise State, and other such schools do it???  Talk about small, poor states, with other bigger schools within the state to compete with take those 2.  Both ranked ahead of us.  Both with better records and BCS bowl bids.  Both from smaller, poorer schools and states.  So, that myth should be gone and never raised again.  They expect and do what it takes to win, we try to keep things in the Franks' ole boy network regardless of what is best for the school/program.  Just shameful!!!

jackwalker

HOW CAN YOU FIRE A COACH AFTER A 10 WIN SEASON?

THE SAME WAY YOU BENCH A QUATERBACK WHO NEVER LOST A GAME HE STARTED

If HDN does more with less...what happens when he has more?

Oh wait...2003...nevermind. Oh...and 2007...

PorkerOinker

Quote from: justwin on January 24, 2007, 12:43:36 pm
Another pr nightmare for Broyles and Nutt if players do show up.  It would appear as if they were told to be there.

Why is every time are players show up to defend their coaches or program you say they are told to be there this also happend with the press conference MONK and the others held. I don't understand why players shouldn't be allowed to speak their mind. If one was gonna show up to protest NUTT none of you would be saying he has no business there.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

HogBaptist

Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on January 24, 2007, 12:47:21 pm
up... otherwise this is really really going to blow up in the face of everyone, and help out the smear campaign of  Nutt-Broyles

can't' wait till the evening news?  what about talk radio?  right at the time of the protest, voila, randy calls in and sees from someone on the ground only 15 showed up!

PLEASE tell me people will go, even though i think its crazy, now that things are set in motion, you HAVE to do this right!

how do you know the players will be there?

hogtrack77677

i hope a lot show up at the rally wish i could go

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: PigKahuna on January 24, 2007, 12:48:18 pm

Especially if you tell them that there is free beer!

BUBBAHOG

It has become very obvious that this is not a fire the coach anymore. This is about a total meltdown of the
AD. After the first year you guys will be back on here wanting another coach.

allyoucaneatbuffet

Quote from: PigKahuna on January 24, 2007, 12:48:18 pm

so will they?   

will they go dorm by dorm or greek house by greek house and have a marching throng of people?

i would hope so, go by brough, and get people to go...

BartIV

I imagine Rick Shaffer will give us an "honest" account of how many people will be there. ;)

razornole

lol ok people are going to go.  I don't have a link or source.  (I hope they do, but even if I were up there, I wouldn't)