Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

V Ut-Arlington

Started by flippinhogmana, December 17, 2017, 02:15:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

December 17, 2017, 03:34:34 pm #50 Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:15:12 pm by flippinhogmana
NCB hits a 3 to make it 79-51
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

hawgrunner

flippinhogmana

Uta big girl now has her 3rd foul and then UTA fouls again
we ought to be getting pretty close to fts, but swenson misses a three, and stout gets the off rebound
misses the first ft, and hits the second
80-51 with 5:10 to go
should be a good chance for the reserves to get some extended quality practice time
NCB  isnt ready to come out, however, she hits another 3, 83-51, NCB's 22nd point to lead all scorers
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

I imagine swenson, stout, spangler and weaver, along with either mason or NCB will finish the game soon, but maybe MN doesnt want all of them in with so much time left to go.

flippinhogmana

stout has two boards and 1-2 from the line in two minutes of play
There will be 4:08 to go out of the media timeout
Williams gets her first pts, and its 85-51

flippinhogmana

UTA is putting up a lot of wild threes in the second half
Williams gets her fourth foul
UTA gets a layup
Spangler, monk, NCB, Stout and Thomas are in now

flippinhogmana

Uta timeout with 3:21 to go

flippinhogmana

Monk misses a 3
Uta misses a three
NCB misses a three
UTA gets layup 85-55 with 2 to go
Hogs TO

flippinhogmana

December 17, 2017, 03:46:09 pm #58 Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:16:33 pm by flippinhogmana
Mason replaces Monk, steal by UTA
Spangler gets a rebound off a UTa miss and then misses a jumper
Fifth foul on Thomas
with less than a minute to go

flippinhogmana

WEaver is now in
stout hits a three! 88-55
foul on Spangler (:41 to go)

hawgrunner

flippinhogmana

UTA hits a jumper **-57
foul on UTA with :18 to go
Spangler gets on the board with a ft and hits the second as well, so everyone on the lineup scored today!
91-57 - well not exactly, the starter Thomas didnt score.
actually Spangler was 3-3 from the line and WEaver got a block to end it.  91-57

hawgrunner

flippinhogmana

In the end Willaims lead in rebounding with 8, Weaver with 5 (in 8 minutes), and Swenson had five as well
points NCB lead with 22, monk with 20, Mason 15, Swenson with 10, cosper didnt score in the second half and had 8, 6 for zimmer, 4 for stout, 3 for spangler and one for weaver
williams and weaver both had one block
Thomas only played 11 minutes before fouling out, she had four boards, two of them offensive boards.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: hawgrunner on December 17, 2017, 03:50:01 pm
Good win!
WPS!

this turned out to be a lot better win than I thought it would be.  Swenson and NCB especially made a huge difference as did Mason

flippinhogmana

NCB's line 8-11 from the field (6-8 from 3), 4 boards (2 offensive), 3 assists, 3 steals
Swenson 4-8 from the field ( 2-4 from 3), 5 boards (one offensive) 2 assists,
Mason 7-11 from the field (1-4 from three), 4 boards, 7 assists, 3 steals

pigture perfect

Listened to most of the game while travelling. They sounded good. Neighbors (sp?) paying off for us already I think.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

flippinhogmana

hogs now 8-3 and I think their most impressive win this season.  UTA wasnt that bad a team.  I hope it is telling just how much Mason, NCB and Swenson (and Weaver, short minutes but contributed) are picking it up.  It seems that we are going to employ all three bigs against the single pick girl for the most part, and let Cosper try to hold her own against the power forward.  I doubt that will work all the time, but it is what it is.  We almost used up all our fouls against the 6-4 girl today. 

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: flippinhogmana on December 17, 2017, 05:35:55 pm
hogs now 8-3 and I think their most impressive win this season.  UTA wasnt that bad a team.  I hope it is telling just how much Mason, NCB and Swenson (and Weaver, short minutes but contributed) are picking it up.  It seems that we are going to employ all three bigs against the single pick girl for the most part, and let Cosper try to hold her own against the power forward.  I doubt that will work all the time, but it is what it is.  We almost used up all our fouls against the 6-4 girl today. 
Cosper did not play the 4 today. Zimmerman, Swenson & Raven played the 4.  It might have been because Cosper was injured in practice this week.  coach did not even know if she would play - then got injured again in the third quarter, but I think she will be alright for Thursday.  RCB was hot from the corners and coach states we will always get that shot against a zone.  Weaver impacts the game - she really is a big body on the defensive end in the lane.  It will not take much for her to be a really good defensive player against other team bigs.

flippinhogmana

December 18, 2017, 12:05:10 am #69 Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 10:38:45 am by flippinhogmana
Quote from: LadybackBBFan on December 17, 2017, 07:05:47 pm
  Cosper did not play the 4 today. Zimmerman, Swenson & Raven played the 4.  It might have been because Cosper was injured in practice this week.  coach did not even know if she would play - then got injured again in the third quarter, but I think she will be alright for Thursday.  RCB was hot from the corners and coach states we will always get that shot against a zone.  Weaver impacts the game - she really is a big body on the defensive end in the lane.  It will not take much for her to be a really good defensive player against other team bigs.

thanks for the input LBBF.  I finally got my streaming fixed and watched the game this evening.  Their big girl was slow really, and we will face better bigs, but Weaver did do a nice job against her.  She also squared up and shot the ball once like I was wanting her to do.  She is looking better just about every time she goes in these days. 

nwahogfan1

The whole team looked more confident last night but their shots were falling which helps.   I love the ladies hustle going to the boards for loose balls and helping on defense.  Passing is still sloppy at times but much better as they get used to going faster.   I love the tempo.  I think it will attract more shooters and really help in recruiting.  I would love to get a 6'4 transfer in the spring but even if they do not I like the direction of the program. CMN is a great fit for our program.

Some shooters are really shooting a  low percentage behind the arc so I wonder if Coach will talk to these ladies to limit those shots?  Of coarse he sees them in practice and charts their shooting there and all I see are the game stats but just curious what y'all think?

flippinhogmana

December 18, 2017, 10:39:50 am #71 Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 08:31:33 pm by flippinhogmana
Quote from: nwahogfan1 on December 18, 2017, 08:46:00 am
The whole team looked more confident last night but their shots were falling which helps.   I love the ladies hustle going to the boards for loose balls and helping on defense.  Passing is still sloppy at times but much better as they get used to going faster.   I love the tempo.  I think it will attract more shooters and really help in recruiting.  I would love to get a 6'4 transfer in the spring but even if they do not I like the direction of the program. CMN is a great fit for our program.

Some shooters are really shooting a  low percentage behind the arc so I wonder if Coach will talk to these ladies to limit those shots?  Of coarse he sees them in practice and charts their shooting there and all I see are the game stats but just curious what y'all think?

you mean zimmermann?  Well for the most part I think she is getting good looks that she has hit in the past.  I think the coach wants them to be free, I guess I will take it with her hustle, but at times I wish she would pass the shot early in the clock.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: flippinhogmana on December 18, 2017, 10:39:50 am
Well for the most part I think she is getting good looks that she has hit in the past.  I think the coach wants they to be free, I guess I will take it with her hustle, but at times I wish she would pass the shot early in the clock.

She is being left wide open by opposing teams so she has to take the shot.  We can only hope that one night her shots fall like Raven's did yesterday.