Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dale Jr out

Started by bulldog04, July 20, 2016, 10:37:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog04

Jr is out the next two races with Gordon filling in.  He is still having balancing and nausea issues.  It doesn't sound good and he has had concussion issues before.

riccoar

Which race caused this?  I can't remember a hard impact from Michigan or Kentucky.

riccoar

Ok, second research, and apparently this was from tire test at Kentucky when he wrecked during that test.  Subsequent little wrecks after that continued the effects.

str8volfan

I just got over a concussion the week of July 4th. I can tell you, its no joke. No way I would be in a 200mph car with even a hint of one.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: str8volfan on July 20, 2016, 06:24:40 pm
I just got over a concussion the week of July 4th. I can tell you, its no joke. No way I would be in a 200mph car with even a hint of one.

I had a seizure and hit the floor and busted my head open in March. Have not been normal since. Was diagnosed post concussion syndrome and went on FMLA a month ago cause I wasn't improving. Physical therapist came to the conclusion that a lot of what I was experiencing was due to whiplash injury to neck causing cervicogenic dizziness which is a syndrome  accompanied by an illusory sense of motion and disequilibrium. I've improved with neck stretching exercises and vestibular rehabilitation. Wasn't allowed to drive for 3 months because of the seizure so when I tried to drive after that it was a biitch . Felt like a floating sensation and all the movement of other cars and landscape caused me to have some panic attacks

holeinthewall

This pretty much kills his chase hopes unless he wins a race.