Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chad Morris, John Chavis, Joe Craddock video press conference

Started by MrKnowItAll, January 10, 2018, 01:11:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MrKnowItAll

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

311Hog

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: 311Hog on January 10, 2018, 01:27:53 pm
god i love CCM he is excited and excitable.
I like his suits lol. I grew old of the flip flops...

hawgon

How many years as it been?  What year is it now?  For the love of all that is holy can we not get at least one fricking microphone for the press so that we can hear the fricking questions!?!?!?

Half of answers make no sense at all BECAUSW WE DONT KNOW WHAT THE FRICKING QUESTION WAS!!!!

Bacon_Bitz

zane

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 10, 2018, 01:52:24 pm
wow that's an ugly suit

Nah man

He and Mike Anderson have it going on in the snappy suit department.
RIP LSUfan

hawgon

Tortfeasor

Thanks for posting. Seems like a really good staff. One question I wish was asked was about assembling the defensive side of the ball and if Chavis told CCM who he wanted.

King Kong

Quote from: Tortfeasor on January 10, 2018, 02:23:34 pm
Thanks for posting. Seems like a really good staff. One question I wish was asked was about assembling the defensive side of the ball and if Chavis told CCM who he wanted.

Absolutely did on 2 of the 4

rzrbk4life

Think it was Chavis that said 'we aren't going to try and fit a square peg into a round hole'. That was good to hear
Let's call those hogs!!!!

247Hog

Would love to see Chavis have huge success here until he retires and will become one of those legendary coaches that will still in touch with the program.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

dhizzle

Chavis looks angry, I like it maybe his defense will play that way.

Capt. Hamm

I am really excited about the new staff. Looking forward to the coming years.

opineonswine

Quote from: zane on January 10, 2018, 02:03:51 pm
Nah man

He and Mike Anderson have it going on in the snappy suit department.
Don't they?!!!  Dapper

247Hog

Quote from: dhizzle on January 10, 2018, 02:48:26 pm
Chavis looks angry, I like it maybe his defense will play that way.

Maybe he will use the frustration from the past 3 years to flame his fire while here.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

bphi11ips

Thanks for posting.  Watched Coach Chavis first.  Here are the highlights for me:

He knows what kind of team Arkansas can put on the field and specifically mentioned 1998 and 2011.  He's not blowing smoke.

He has talent on the roster but needs as well.  All teams have issues.

He's going to bring pressure.

You must be physical to win in the SEC.

Coach Morris has a vision.  He obviously believes in it himself. 

He seems genuinely excited about the opportunity to bring football back to where it belongs at Arkansas.  My sense is that he puts Arkansas in the same class as Tennessee and LSU.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

bphi11ips

Comments from Coach Craddock that stuck out:

The situation he and Coach Morris found at Arkansas was better than the one they found at SMU.  SMU ran a different system and had no tight ends.  "We're a two-back, run oriented offense."  He said he needs the tight ends and is excited about them.

He's from Alabama and grew up watching the SEC.  He knows you have to run the ball to be successful in the SEC.  Mentioned "Devwah, TJ and Chase" and seems genuinely excited to have that kind of talent at running back.

"Coach Tru" will have the o linemen running more.  They need to be built differently for this offense.

He spoke with Cole Kelley about losing weight.  There will be a QB battle.  He's not looking for a system-QB but for the one who will win the most games for the team.

Overall straight-shooter.  Coach Craddock was twelve in 1998 and a QB at MTSU in 2006.  Like Chavis, he knows what kind of football team Arkansas can put on the field.  I think he meant it when he said he's proud to be wearing a shirt with a Razorback on it.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

bphi11ips

From Coach Morris:

Wow.  What a breath of fresh air.  Highly intelligent, articulate football guy.  No coach speak or cliches.

You get the sense he believes the first three rules of building a "national contender" are (1) recruiting, (2) recruiting, and (3) recruiting. 

When he says speed, he's talking about football speed.  For example, a player "needs to get from here to there in a hiccup to make a tackle."

He'll leave play calling to Joe Craddock but may also tell him what to call at times.  He'll leave defensive calls to the guy who's won 73% of his SEC games.

When he looks for coaches his main criteria is quality people.

If a coach can't recruit, he won't last long.

We'll probably sign 6-8 more players in this class.  Key needs are o-line, DE and secondary.

"We're a two-back, run oriented, play-action, shot offense."

If you watched those three interviews and still aren't excited about Arkansas football, there may be no hope for you but a NC.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Spend millions of dollars on a facility. Tens of millions. And still, when it comes to a backdrop for a press conference, we have to put it up with duct tape.

EFBAB