Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thurs (9/28/17) update: Phillips looking to make "decision in next 5 days or so"

Started by Kevin McPherson, September 28, 2017, 10:31:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin McPherson

Thurs (9/28/17) updates ...

* '18 Hog offer Jordan Phillips is close to making a decision, this was my exclusive that I talked about tonight on the Recruiting Intelligence Report on 103.7TheBuzz ... and here were my tweets ...

-- '18 Hog offer @J22Phillips told me tonight that he's looking to make a "decision in the next 5 days or so" and "Hogs still in the lead"!

-- .@J22Phillips OV'ed to Fayetteville wknd of Sept 15-17, he visited Georgetown last wknd, & cancelled planned trip this wknd to VaTech!

-- .@J22Phillips  (his size & versatility make him a tough perimeter matchup) holds offers from Hogs, G'Town, VaTech, AZSt, TCU, SMU, Fresno St

* TJ Cleveland is trying to schedule a visit to IMG Academy next week to watch '18 Hog commit Keyshawn Embery, per Kesyhawn's Dad Jermaine Simpson, who added that the only conflict might be if the SEC reschedules the meetings that were cancelled this week in light of the FBI sting. The visit will also offer a chance for TJ to see '19 Hog recruit Jahmius Ramsey (who's from Helena, AR) ... here were my tweets from earlier tonight ..

-- Hogs making plans to watch/visit '18 UA commit @Keyshowshoow (6-3 CG) and '19 UA recruit @JahmiusRamsey (6-4 PG) next week at IMG Academy!

-- .@JahmiusRamsey (Arlington, TX, by way of Helena, AR) told me his Hog interest level is high! Nat'l Top 75 / 4* with TA&M, K-St, UNLV offers

-- .@JahmiusRamsey on the #Fastest40: "I love the way Mike Anderson allows them to play, & that's up & down, get the ball & go"

* '18 Hog offer Reggie Chaney told me his visit with TA&M coaches on Wed at Findlay Prep went well, and that he's visiting College Station this weekend as planned. As I reported a few days ago, he said Oklahoma State is the 5th school that will get an OV (trips to Wichita and TCU have already been planned for awhile) ... a few thoughts: Wichita just got a commitment from a 6-9 big who many thought was headed to Butler, and of course OKSt is going through a shite-storm right now so it's hard to imagine him going to a school that is going to be dealing with an FBI inverstigation. TCU is close to home (he's from Frisco, TX), and that is supposed to be his last visit. I still think it comes down to Hogs, TA&M, or TCU.

* Coaches from Southern Miss (HC Doc Sadler, former Arkanas assistant, was there Tuesday when I was out there), St. Bonaventure, Arkansas State, and Illinois-Chicago were in this week to watch SW Christian Academy practice. I really like '19 Hog recruit Tim Ceaser (6-8 PF), '18 Jahbril Price-Noel (6-7 wing from Scarborough, Ontario), and '18 PG Shakur Daniel (6-5 PG, Toronto). The two Serbian bigs -- 6-9 Simeon Jovic and 6-8 Ivan Hadzic -- are acclimating to the speed, quickness, length, and athleticism of American bigs ... both of those guys already look much better than they did a few weeks ago.

batmanfan

Phillips seems as much of a done deal to Ark as Steere does to NC State.  Surely if we land Phillips that bumps the chance to land Chaney?
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: batmanfan on September 28, 2017, 10:39:45 pm
Phillips seems as much of a done deal to Ark as Steere does to NC State.  Surely if we land Phillips that bumps the chance to land Chaney?

Not sure. Getting Embery didn't help us with Leblanc.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 28, 2017, 10:51:45 pm
Not sure. Getting Embery didn't help us with Leblanc.

How do you know? We made Leblanc's official visit list. May not have without Embrey.

Phillips and Chaney aren't a package deal but they know each other and are friendly. Can't hurt.

hdturner

We have decision to make on Phillips. Do we take Phillips or save scholarship for Ramsey in 2019. We currently will not have any open scholarship for 2019 class.

FineAsSwine

Kevin McPherson

FineAsSwine

hogwood

Quote from: hdturner on September 29, 2017, 11:02:42 am
We have decision to make on Phillips. Do we take Phillips or save scholarship for Ramsey in 2019. We currently will not have any open scholarship for 2019 class.

Take the kids who you want and who are willing to commit now over anyone else every time. No holding out for someone down the line. The numbers will work out. Plus this attitude towards recruiting makes having a Hog offer all the more valuable. If the kid wants to be here they better take the offer because CMA is always recruiting. That's what recruiting should look like at a successful program IMO. Lots of targets but few offers only to the kids you really want. If you are a desirable program this works. We're on our way to being there plus we already have limited space.

GrizzlyRider07

Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

imtad16

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on September 29, 2017, 11:52:48 am
I believe hdturner is referring to 2019 guard Jahmius Ramsey ... not 2018 guard Courtney Ramey.

Kevin, do you think the 2018 class of players (Chaney) are thinking about Adidas schools (Texas A&M) being brought into the FBI investigation or future NCAA penalties as the early signing period approaches?

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: imtad16 on September 29, 2017, 01:38:03 pm
Kevin, do you think the 2018 class of players (Chaney) are thinking about Adidas schools (Texas A&M) being brought into the FBI investigation or future NCAA penalties as the early signing period approaches?

If the players and their parents are informed and following what has been going down, you'd think they'd have to be concerned and asking lots of questions. A&M is all in on Chaney right now, and TCU is going hard after him, too. OKSt, also w/problems, making a push.

azhog10

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on September 29, 2017, 01:47:54 pm
If the players and their parents are informed and following what has been going down, you'd think they'd have to be concerned and asking lots of questions. A&M is all in on Chaney right now, and TCU is going hard after him, too. OKSt, also w/problems, making a push.
Should help that we've been on Chaney for the longest almost. TAMU just got on him heavy bc they lost out elsewhere. We slow played Chaney early but we've been pretty consistent the last few months in recruiting him.