Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hump Day predictions ...

Started by Kevin McPherson, September 13, 2017, 12:28:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominicanhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 15, 2017, 02:52:16 pm
The odds of the entire class staying until their Senior season are pretty slim. So I wouldn't worry about that. It will work itself out.

agree..

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Hogfan991 on September 15, 2017, 02:54:10 pm
Speaking of Jordan Phillips. Kevin, do you see Jordan committing to the Hogs during/right after his visit like he mentioned previously? Also, who would be the 2nd center on the 18' roster behind Gafford? Because I think Chaney and Henderson are too undersized. That's where I miss Horton.

1. Jordan could commit this weekend or shortly after, sure. He's tentatively set to go to Georgetown next weekend, then VaTech the weekend after that. But Arkansas would love to lock him down before any more visits, so I lean toward him committing soon.

2. There aren't many true 5s in college basketball, so not unlike most teams Arkansas will have lineups with two 4s on the floor ... I think Henderson, Chaney, and even Gabe can help defend inside by committee when Gafford is not on the floor. But let's see how this class plays out. There may be some surprises.

3. Arkansas was not going to extend a committable offer to Horton with any academic uncertainty (Horton's juco coach told me he was in summer school and that Arkansas was monitoring his academic situation), so Horton committed to the school (WKy) that was willing to move forward with him without waiting-and-seeing ... things moved so quickly with his commitment that I felt at the time we might see Horton back off and look at other options and take visits, but he's remained committed and the more I've learned about the situation it makes sense to me why.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on September 15, 2017, 03:17:35 pm
1. Jordan could commit this weekend or shortly after, sure. He's tentatively set to go to Georgetown next weekend, then VaTech the weekend after that. But Arkansas would love to lock him down before any more visits, so I lean toward him committing soon.

2. There aren't many true 5s in college basketball, so not unlike most teams Arkansas will have lineups with two 4s on the floor ... I think Henderson, Chaney, and even Gabe can help defend inside by committee when Gafford is not on the floor. But let's see how this class plays out. There may be some surprises.

3. Arkansas was not going to extend a committable offer to Horton with any academic uncertainty (Horton's juco coach told me he was in summer school and that Arkansas was monitoring his academic situation), so Horton committed to the school (WKy) that was willing to move forward with him without waiting-and-seeing ... things moved so quickly with his commitment that I felt at the time we might see Horton back off and look at other options and take visits, but he's remained committed and the more I've learned about the situation it makes sense to me why.
Thanks. And on Chaney and LeBlanc, Hogs will take whoever commits first?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Hogfan991 on September 15, 2017, 03:41:42 pm
Thanks. And on Chaney and LeBlanc, Hogs will take whoever commits first?

Both have offers and I think Hogs would figure out a way to take both if they could get both.

Razorod

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on September 15, 2017, 03:45:50 pm
Both have offers and I think Hogs would figure out a way to take both if they could get both.
That would be a good problem to solve.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

mhuff

At last report LeBlanc said that he might commit anytime ,but he would not sign until the week of his birthday.  I sure wish that Chaney and LeBlanc both commit really soon.

Kevin McPherson

Upgrading my confidence level to a 10 on a scale of 1-to-10 on Keyshawn Embery to Arkansas ... boy, if this blows up on me I guess we can all still be friends, right?

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on September 15, 2017, 06:47:51 pm
Upgrading my confidence level to a 10 on a scale of 1-to-10 on Keyshawn Embery to Arkansas ... boy, if this blows up on me I guess we can all still be friends, right?

Haha how can you do 10!befoee they sign.  Good pick up by the "terrible" recruiting staff of mike Anderson

HawgsPolo

Quote from: Hogfan991 on September 15, 2017, 02:54:10 pm
Speaking of Jordan Phillips. Kevin, do you see Jordan committing to the Hogs during/right after his visit like he mentioned previously? Also, who would be the 2nd center on the 18' roster behind Gafford? Because I think Chaney and Henderson are too undersized. That's where I miss Horton.

Size isn't everything, but Ethan is projecting to be 6'10 and will be more than capable of spelling DG for 6-8 minutes per half.
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

JayHog

Lol. That's why you say your confidence level is a 9.9 on a scale of 10. It gives you a small bit of wiggle room that way.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: JayHog on September 15, 2017, 07:49:42 pm
Lol. That's why you say your confidence level is a 9.9 on a scale of 10. It gives you a small bit of wiggle room that way.

Yeah, but if I'm right, do I get extra credit for goin' all the way?!  ;D

Dominicanhog

did you get more insight on just swinging for the fences?

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 15, 2017, 08:48:31 pm
did you get more insight on just swinging for the fences?

Haha, more insight. If I'm wrong, I got trolled by a lot of sources. I'll take my medicine if I'm wrong.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on September 15, 2017, 08:59:37 pm
Haha, more insight. If I'm wrong, I got trolled by a lot of sources. I'll take my medicine if I'm wrong.

all you can do is tell it like it is.. thanks for the insight... he'd sure be a nice catch... Hearing of his tenaciousness on defense brings back memories of Patrick Beverley....

MakingPlays

Are things looking like they are going sideways here?  Still no word.  And looks like Dudley and RD aren't feeling confident right now.

mhuff

Father said there was going to be delays due to making a video. Don't be hyper. If there was info out there, it would be posted

MakingPlays

Quote from: mhuff on September 16, 2017, 01:38:41 pm
Father said there was going to be delays due to making a video. Don't be hyper. If there was info out there, it would be posted

No need for name calling, just was passing along information, take it FWIW.

Mr. Porkleone

When and what time announcing

MakingPlays

He just announced Arkansas.  Kevin gets his first Crystal Ball prediction correct :)

Hawg Red

HawgsPolo

Keyshawn needed an environment that was like a home away from home and that was something simply the Aggies couldn't provide. WPS
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

MakingPlays

Quote from: HawgsPolo on September 16, 2017, 02:04:01 pm
Keyshawn needed an environment that was like a home away from home and that was something simply the Aggies couldn't provide. WPS

Do you know the family?

HawgsPolo

Go Cubs Go!!!!!

Hoggle

This is a huge pickup, IMO.  He brings sizzle to the program. I think he will be a star and big producer for the Hogs.

MakingPlays

Quote from: HawgsPolo on September 16, 2017, 02:15:18 pm
No, I just know people that know people.

Cool.  Looks like the family atmosphere Coach Anderson advertises hard paid off in this situation.

Hogimus Prime

Razorod

FineAsSwine

Love this kids game. He should fit right in.

Dominicanhog

OK Kevin, you got by on that one.. step up, give us another.. can't rest on your laurels  but remember your only as good as your last prediction.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on September 13, 2017, 12:28:44 pm
If early national signing period started today, this is how I think it would go (disclaimer: this is just for fun, but it's also what I think at this moment ... please be kind later when this is not how it shakes out ... also be prepared for tweaks as info comes in or when things change) ...

Want to hear from all of you as well: How will this end? I've got ...

* Jordan Phillips ... Hogs (confidence level is 7 on a scale of 1-to-10)
* Reggie Chaney ... Hogs (confidence level is 6 on a scale of 1-to-10)
* Keyshawn Embery ... Hogs (confidence level is a 5.1 on a scale of 1-to-10)
* Josh Leblanc ... Texas A&M (confidence level is a 4 on a scale of 1-to-10)
* Keonte Kennedy ... Michigan (confidence level is a 3 on a scale of 1-to-10)

Well, lots of twists and turns, but my original predictions came true as it related to who would become Hogs. Leblanc's ride was probably the most interesting, and in the end I think he settled for his 4th choice in Georgetown. Kennedy never made it to Michigan, committed to Xavier after his visit there.

Even though the Hogs are now full at 6 commits for '18, keep in mind that things change and this recruiting thing never stops. Arkansas will continue to recruit, evaluate, and monitor the '18 class, and obvioulsy that applies to '19, '20, and believe it or not '21 is already on the radar, too.

Razorod

Kevin, given the type of player/body Chaney has, do you think it is more likely that the Hogs will offer Ceaser if a 2nd scholarship becomes available? I ask because Ceaser's build is similar to Henderson's, long and lanky. Chaney appears to be broader in the shoulders and a more physical presence.

Just a few thoughts from you as we start turning more of our attention to the '19 class. (And yes, I realize they're not shutting down on the '18 class.)

mhuff

Quote from: MakingPlays on September 16, 2017, 01:42:25 pm
No need for name calling, just was passing along information, take it FWIW.

MakingPlays, I have been respecting your posts. I did not call you a name. I was describing your reaction to the post. It wasn't one to create apprehension. It was one that explained why his announcement was going to be delayed.... pure and simple

Swinesong1

I'm interested in what will be done about Hill (and any other '19 recruit) with zero schollies available.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Razorod on October 29, 2017, 04:31:28 pm
Kevin, given the type of player/body Chaney has, do you think it is more likely that the Hogs will offer Ceaser if a 2nd scholarship becomes available? I ask because Ceaser's build is similar to Henderson's, long and lanky. Chaney appears to be broader in the shoulders and a more physical presence.

Just a few thoughts from you as we start turning more of our attention to the '19 class. (And yes, I realize they're not shutting down on the '18 class.)

No scholarships for the '19 class as of now, but that could change. Justice Hill is committed to the Hogs and expected to come in for the Spring 2019 semester (mid-point of the '18-19 season). Beyond Juice, I know the Hogs are in contact with c/o '19 propsects Tim Ceaser, Javon Franklin, and Jahmius Ramsey (all are in-state or were).

I think a lot depends on who's still around. If Gafford leaves after his sophomore season, that leaves a hole inside that a player like Ceaser could help fill. Franklin is a guy the Hogs have liked for awhile, and I could see him being a priority if an opening comes up. Ramsey is a Top 100 in that class, a big guard who the Hogs might want/need by then. Of course, there will be more players the Hogs will recruit from that class.

Interesting, but in Arkansas's last 3 classes combined (2016, '17, now '18), they've landed a total of 17 players ... that's 6 signed in the '16 class, 5 in '17, and 6 commited in '18. The point is, not everybody sticks, so we'll likely see more additions in '19 and we certainly will in '20.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on October 29, 2017, 03:07:50 pm
Well, lots of twists and turns, but my original predictions came true as it related to who would become Hogs. Leblanc's ride was probably the most interesting, and in the end I think he settled for his 4th choice in Georgetown. Kennedy never made it to Michigan, committed to Xavier after his visit there.

Even though the Hogs are now full at 6 commits for '18, keep in mind that things change and this recruiting thing never stops. Arkansas will continue to recruit, evaluate, and monitor the '18 class, and obvioulsy that applies to '19, '20, and believe it or not '21 is already on the radar, too.

nice

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on October 29, 2017, 10:10:56 pm
No scholarships for the '19 class as of now, but that could change. Justice Hill is committed to the Hogs and expected to come in for the Spring 2019 semester (mid-point of the '18-19 season). Beyond Juice, I know the Hogs are in contact with c/o '19 propsects Tim Ceaser, Javon Franklin, and Jahmius Ramsey (all are in-state or were).

I think a lot depends on who's still around. If Gafford leaves after his sophomore season, that leaves a hole inside that a player like Ceaser could help fill. Franklin is a guy the Hogs have liked for awhile, and I could see him being a priority if an opening comes up. Ramsey is a Top 100 in that class, a big guard who the Hogs might want/need by then. Of course, there will be more players the Hogs will recruit from that class.

Interesting, but in Arkansas's last 3 classes combined (2016, '17, now '18), they've landed a total of 17 players ... that's 6 signed in the '16 class, 5 in '17, and 6 commited in '18. The point is, not everybody sticks, so we'll likely see more additions in '19 and we certainly will in '20.

a wise coach once said, those things have a way of working out...