Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Madre London (Little Rock native) Michigan State Grad Transfer

Started by IronMountainHog, February 09, 2018, 08:26:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IronMountainHog

redeye

Well, that's interesting.  I remember regretting that CBB didn't offer him a scholarship and then watching him play well as a true freshman for MSU.  Surprisingly, that was his best year, so I wonder if he's been dealing with injuries?

IronMountainHog

In the 2014 the brilliant CBB offered and brought in Juan Day, and passed on this kid? Juan Day ended up transferring to Stephen F Austin where he scorched opponents for 115 yards in 2017.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: IronMountainHog on February 09, 2018, 08:59:41 pm
In the 2014 the brilliant CBB offered and brought in Juan Day, and passed on this kid? Juan Day ended up transferring to Stephen F Austin where he scorched opponents for 115 yards in 2017.

Hampered by injuries but stay classy.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Well, Day has had multiple ACL surgeries. As someone who has had multiple ACL surgreries as well I understand how people aren't the same athlete after.

But, I agree London is a good player

IronMountainHog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 09, 2018, 09:04:42 pm
Hampered by injuries but stay classy.
I realize he had injures. We RECRUITED him injured, he had 300 rushing yards as a Senior in High School. If you are a Head Coach at an SEC school, you don't take an injured kid as the ONLY running back in the class. Shows how incompetent BB was and why he is no longer employed. Stay classy.

hawgdavis

Quote from: IronMountainHog on February 09, 2018, 09:23:24 pm
I realize he had injures. We RECRUITED him injured, he had 300 rushing yards as a Senior in High School. If you are a Head Coach at an SEC school, you don't take an injured kid as the ONLY running back in the class. Shows how incompetent BB was and why he is no longer employed. Stay classy.

Knile Davis says hi.

Vantage 8 dude

I remember the young man while he was here in central Arkansas. While I like to watch practically all of college football, including the BIG 10, I had forgotten this young man had gone on to MSU. I wish him the best next year. Sounds as if he certainly deserves a chance to shine for at least one season.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: hawgdavis on February 09, 2018, 09:25:36 pm
Knile Davis says hi.
Knile was also 1 of 4 running backs signed in the 2009 recruiting class, not the only one.

rinds

Quote from: IronMountainHog on February 09, 2018, 09:36:41 pm
Knile was also 1 of 4 running backs signed in the 2009 recruiting class, not the only one.

CB left us with 2 of the top 5 running backs in the country and TJ who in my opinion is way underrated. If you want to complain about CB fine but if Running back is your problem you don't have one!

IronMountainHog

Quote from: rinds on February 09, 2018, 09:41:41 pm
CB left us with 2 of the top 5 running backs in the country and TJ who in my opinion is way underrated. If you want to complain about CB fine but if Running back is your problem you don't have one!
2 of the top 5 running backs in the country? Please name them and show me where they are rated that high by someone other than you.

rtr

CBB actually recruited running backs very well. I have been critical but on this aspect he did well.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Peter Porker

Committed to your boy, booby as I recall. I guess you wanted CBB to come in and pull the offer.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

It's weird that the article doesn't even mention Arkansas...
..."London, a former three-star recruit from St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., signed with Michigan State's 2014 class."...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

redeye

IIRC, we offered before he was injured and he accepted before he was injured, so CBB just never reneged.  I'm not certain that's right, but it's how I remember it happening.

redeye

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 09, 2018, 11:30:01 pm
It's weird that the article doesn't even mention Arkansas...
..."London, a former three-star recruit from St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., signed with Michigan State's 2014 class."...

The native of Little Rock, Ark., who transferred to St. Thomas Aquinas in 10th grade, knows there are countless cities where help is needed.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: redeye on February 09, 2018, 11:31:36 pm
The native of Little Rock, Ark., who transferred to St. Thomas Aquinas in 10th grade, knows there are countless cities where help is needed.
LOL.. I guess I needed to read further. Do we take him or the guy from Clemson, or both..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 09, 2018, 11:06:51 pm
Committed to your boy, booby as I recall. I guess you wanted CBB to come in and pull the offer.
April 10, 2012 your boy Bobby was fired. January 7, 2013 he committed to Arkansas. Don't you hate it when facts get in the way of a good argument?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 10, 2018, 12:00:40 am
LOL.. I guess I needed to read further. Do we take him or the guy from Clemson, or both..?
neither, i think. we are stacked at RB.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

WOOPIGDOOIE

redeye

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 10, 2018, 12:00:40 am

I knew it was in there, because I'd looked for it too.

Not sure who we'll take, but it's always nice to have options.

I would love to see a couple of O-linemen and 1 sure enough, hand on the turf clog up the middle defensive tackle.  I want a Guy who owns the middle in a down lineman.  I want teams to know, don't try up the gut, its like running into a STEEL WALL 4 INCHES THICK.

aloha_kid

Instead of a transfer, I would have rather had a true freshman come in and give 3 - 4 solid years.  I think we missed out on Charles Strong.

BigSexyHog

Jackass.  Take a swip at a kid then get your feelings hurt when someone calls you out.  What a loser
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

IronMountainHog

My feelings aren't hurt. My point was that I know he was injured while here, he was injured when we recruited him, you don't bring in one running back in a recruiting class, especially one who was so injured he played in 3 games his Senior year. Meanwhile we didn't offer a higher rated, native Arkansas kid who proved he was better in high school and has proven to be better while at MSU.

ricepig

Quote from: aloha_kid on February 10, 2018, 11:38:57 am
Instead of a transfer, I would have rather had a true freshman come in and give 3 - 4 solid years.  I think we missed out on Charles Strong.

Boyd has 3 to play 3.

BoarnSupremacy

rinds

liljo

Quote from: 12247 on February 10, 2018, 11:26:31 am
I would love to see a couple of O-linemen and 1 sure enough, hand on the turf clog up the middle defensive tackle.  I want a Guy who owns the middle in a down lineman.  I want teams to know, don't try up the gut, its like running into a STEEL WALL 4 INCHES THICK.

Agreed. And I think Billy Ferrell, with an outstanding strength and conditioning program, will play a big part in granting your wish--hopefully soon; almost certainly in time.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

kp72204

Quote from: IronMountainHog on February 10, 2018, 12:25:26 pm
My feelings aren't hurt. My point was that I know he was injured while here, he was injured when we recruited him, you don't bring in one running back in a recruiting class, especially one who was so injured he played in 3 games his Senior year. Meanwhile we didn't offer a higher rated, native Arkansas kid who proved he was better in high school and has proven to be better while at MSU.
I forgot about Juan Day. I remember he was injured but took him cause Tenpenny had got away that year or prior one. I thought he was going to be a beast. Also I don't think London was\would have been a solid thing to choose hogs. How many Arkansas ties kids end up here? Think Pool is first one I can think of in my time on hogville.