Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Learning to win again.

Started by FoozeyHog, September 27, 2015, 12:15:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FoozeyHog

I think this year is a lot more like last year than people realize.  The difference has been quality of teams we opened the season with.  Toledo is a legit MAC team,  unlike the NIU squad from 2014. Tech is obviously improved as well. Just ask TCU.

Last year we could control the DLine.  We could stop the run,  pressure the QB and punish teams upfront. The players that learned how to win from last year Flowers, Philon,  Spaight and JWill arent here to give us that boost. We were physically tougher clearly they were the leaders of that team.  The rest of this team,  did enough to keep from beating ourselves. Our running game was very average in SEC play. We lost a lot of close games last year too.   That team didn't come together and start playing winning football until the last 4-5 games.

I think these coaches are good enough and we have enough talent to keep from tanking to a 2-10 record. Just need a few players to find some confidence, step up and take ownership. Not sure who it will be but Collins and Morgan took steps tonight.  Greenlaw got beat a few times but made a few nice plays in space. Ledbetter seemed to get better penetration and was disruptive at times. Find a few more players and a little consistency we just might find a way to get to 5 wins.

Next week will be huge for us,  Tennessee looked pretty bad against Florida.  I think we're slowly getting better,  while the ego's in those young top recruiting classes are looking for answers.

MODERATORS: they can move in and out of any users still hard-wired to their system. Inside the Hogville forums, they are everyone, and they are no one! We have survived by hiding from them and by running from them, but they are the gatekeepers. They are guarding all the doors, they are holding all the keys which means that sooner or later, someone is going to have to fight them.

I won't lie to you: every single man or woman who has stood their ground, everyone who has fought a moderator has died. But where they have failed, you will succeed.

I've seen a moderator punch through a concrete wall, users have emptied entire clips at them and hit nothing but air - yet their strength and their speed are still based in a world that is built on rules, because of that! they will never be as strong or as fast as you can be! -foozey