Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My take...Smite away

Started by code3hawg, November 23, 2012, 06:33:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

code3hawg

1.  Im overjoyed the John L era is over
2.  He showed he is gutless by not going for the TD from the 1 and the 4th and 4. 

BUT..... Smith was brought to Arkansas as a Big Baby sitter...a figure head coach.  Everyone knew that PPetrino would call the offense and Haynes would call the defense.  When either part sucked, Smith not the coordinators took the hit, which is right considering he was head coach, but I never thought it was all his fault.  He didnt cause injuries, he didnt fumble any balls, throw interceptions, miss tackles or miss fgs.

Everyone will talk about and remember the two times today when Smith didnt go for it on 4th down, but no one is talking about the 13 points we left on the field with the fumble on the 2 yard line and two missed field goals.  If we execute there, those decisions dont face Smith and those seniors leave on a winning note. 

Arkansas dominated in every offensive category except the scoreboard, http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/boxscore?gid=201211230074.  Other than the goal line situation where I would have like to seen us pound the ball three times, I thought the play calling was ok today.  The defense by far turned in their best performance. 

So, I guess in short what im saying is...yeah, he is gutless, he called us Alabama and yeah im glad he is gone, but Jeff Long and the people who brought him here to be a "figure head" coach, got just that. 

Now lets look forward...the dude is outta here.
Quit Whinning and support your Team!

moses_007

He is gone allright.  Arkansas should have gone for both 4th down situations, particularly on the one foot line when we kicked the field goal.

code3hawg

Quote from: moses_007 on November 23, 2012, 06:40:46 pm
He is gone allright.  Arkansas should have gone for both 4th down situations, particularly on the one foot line when we kicked the field goal.

you will get no argument from me on that.

moses_007

The truth is that we lost the game in the first half with all our mistakes and missed field goals.  I was glad our defense rose to the occasion in the second half and gave us a chance to win.  Unfortunately, some bad coaching calls ultimately cost us the game as usual.  Bobby Petrino would have won this game.

aloha_kid

Quote from: moses_007 on November 23, 2012, 06:44:12 pm
The truth is that we lost the game in the first half with all our mistakes and missed field goals.  I was glad our defense rose to the occasion in the second half and gave us a chance to win.  Unfortunately, some bad coaching calls ultimately cost us the game as usual.  Bobby Petrino would have won this game.

Bobby would have won more than just this game.

Teebow62

I'm overjoyed the train wreck Bobby Petrino caused this university can be forgotten and we can enter a more respectable era.

code3hawg

Quote from: moses_007 on November 23, 2012, 06:44:12 pm

Bobby Petrino chose to ride a long legged blonde around on his bike and then lie about it, BP was not here because of his choosing.  If we execute, then BP, JLS or any other coach wouldnt have to "win it", the players would have. There is plenty of accountability to go around.

pfrg999

JLS is a horrible Coach and a Horrible Businessman He is a Cancer to the program, and if I never see him again it will be too soon.. Good riddance Bankrupt smiley the Loser Coach! Bye!
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

spiritof92

I can't wait for this era to end so we can all look forward to what the future holds for the Hogs.

Hoggie17

Quote from: code3hawg on November 23, 2012, 06:52:55 pm
Bobby Petrino chose to ride a long legged blonde around on his bike and then lie about it, BP was not here because of his choosing.  If we execute, then BP, JLS or any other coach wouldnt have to "win it", the players would have. There is plenty of accountability to go around.
BP may have had to much Testosterone in his system to think clearly on a Sunday afternoon in April, But he was needlessly fired by Saint Long instead of being punished.   BP would have been no worse than 9 and 3 this year and everyone one would have forgotten all about that Sunday in April.

pfrg999

Quote from: code3hawg on November 23, 2012, 06:52:55 pm

JLS is horrible and is gone.. He is a cancer & Bankrupt... Good Bye
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

ChicoHog

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 23, 2012, 07:14:36 pm
BP may have had to much Testosterone in his system to think clearly on a Sunday afternoon in April, But he was needlessly fired by Saint Long instead of being punished.   BP would have been no worse than 9 and 3 this year and everyone one would have forgotten all about that Sunday in April.

Regardless what we think I bet every AD in the country would have fired him for his actions.  Not saying it's right, just the reality of it. 

ThreeWayInn

The villian here is Bobby Petrino.

JLS was just a high paid baby sitter.  He was not doing any coaching.

Any organization without a leader is going to fail....exhibit A...Arkansas Razorback Football 2012.

Weak schedule....the season was sitting there for the taking....and Bobby Petrino wrecked it...pun intended.

LJHOG

Quote from: moses_007 on November 23, 2012, 06:40:46 pm
and we wouldn't have made either

little pigee

Quote from: LJHOG on November 23, 2012, 11:23:02 pm
and we wouldn't have made either
Maybe not if we tried...but definately not whrn we didn't try!  You don't lose until you quit.  John L. quit.  On the team, and the fans. 
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.