Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 2017 target...

Started by Swinesong1, September 25, 2016, 02:31:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Swinesong1

Aaron Wheeler (Brewster) '17 - Wheeler is poised for a big season in Wolfeboro this year. He seems much more comfortable handling the ball in the open floor and comes equipped with a noticeably wider and thicker frame than ever before. Wheeler is the definition of the length/strength package that college coaches at all levels covet. He was simply dominant physically and (although he didn't land most of them) attempted some outrageously athletic things during the dunk contest. Wheeler still needs to realize what he's going to do at an elite level to effect games at the NEPSAC level but the physical tools are there.

Swinesong1

Corey Evans
@coreyevans_10
33m
Arkansas is expected in tomorrow fro 2017 @BrewsterHoops forward Aaron Wheeler

FineAsSwine

Swinesong1

Razorod

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 25, 2016, 02:59:25 pm
So no Enoh?
Two very different type of players. Also, Dudley has said in the past they're recruiting like they'll have five scholarships to offer.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Razorod on September 25, 2016, 03:08:31 pm
Two very different type of players. Also, Dudley has said in the past they're recruiting like they'll have five scholarships to offer.

Well this only thickens the plot, begs the question as to who may be likely to leave and why? Last guy off the bench? No forseeable playing time due to talent at a specific position? Testing NBA waters? This is too general for Hogville.

Need some specifics or we will see threads popping up on various players for umpteen reasons all season.

Jonteviosk

Barford has said all along hes here for one year.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Jonteviosk on September 25, 2016, 05:09:08 pm

Interesting. Hope Barford is leaving for the NBA and not International BB, if this is the case.

Hawg Red

Not that I've seen, he hasn't. I'm sure he plans to test the waters with the new rule change but I've seen/read/heard no rumors or statements about Barford being dead-set on going pro after one season.

But if you can to provide some proof, I'd love to see it. That's something I don't think would get past me.

Razorod

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 25, 2016, 04:33:52 pm
Well this only thickens the plot, begs the question as to who may be likely to leave and why? Last guy off the bench? No forseeable playing time due to talent at a specific position? Testing NBA waters? This is too general for Hogville.

Need some specifics or we will see threads popping up on various players for umpteen reasons all season.
Maybe they're simply anticipating possibilities rather than waiting for them to happen. I don't know. Don't really expect them to sign more than four in November. Fifth, if it happens, would be spring.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Razorod on September 25, 2016, 07:43:35 pm
Maybe they're simply anticipating possibilities rather than waiting for them to happen. I don't know. Don't really expect them to sign more than four in November. Fifth, if it happens, would be spring.

If this is the case, good to see them being proactive.

jjdlc

There seems to have been a radical shift in the recruiting policies.  They no longer seem content to wait and see what happens.  This is a good thing.

ShadowHawg

poloprince

Ky said he was 2 and done as well.
$PoLoPrInCe$

hogwood

hogwood

Our staff is always recruiting. Now we are just hearing more about it due to more staff leaks.

Enoh is still very much ours to lose.

But anything can happen. Our staff wants a full roster every year and they want to be prepared for it. Most teams nowadays lose players before graduation every year. It's not always predictable. I assume they are just recruiting for the times, because this kid is definitely not an Enoh replacement.

That said I don't really see that much potential in his clips, but obviously a lot of coaches do.

Hawg Red

I fully support the staff staying up on late period signees in case there is some not-obvious-at-this-time attrition come spring.

hogwood

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 26, 2016, 03:24:37 pm
I fully support the staff staying up on late period signees in case there is some not-obvious-at-this-time attrition come spring.

A la Brachen Hazen. Great spring addition.

mbgrulz

Quote from: hogwood on September 26, 2016, 04:08:42 pm
A la Brachen Hazen. Great spring addition.
Is he?

I mean, I hope he is...but he hasn't played in a single game yet.

Your point is valid though. CMA is getting it done in recruiting. Now I'd like to see us not let up!

FineAsSwine

Sounds like Hazen just needs to gain strength and a little weight. CMA has raved about his intangibles such as having a nose for the ball and anticipation on rebounds. Plus, the kid is a good shooter. I think, down the road, he can and will help us.

If he sticks it out and is ready to go next year or the year after, by the time he is a junior he should be one of the veterans CMA likes to lean on while the 2018 class gets their legs under them.

hogwood

Quote from: mbgrulz on September 27, 2016, 09:56:00 am
Is he?

I mean, I hope he is...but he hasn't played in a single game yet.

Your point is valid though. CMA is getting it done in recruiting. Now I'd like to see us not let up!

FAS said it for me.

But yes I think he is. He fits our needs, style, and has a lot of potential. He was not a scrub, lower tier 3-star either. I think he will be a player.

The_Bionic_Pig

Not many 6'8 shooter's at the collegiate level what makes him stand out in practice is his rebounding ability he doesn't just roam the 3pt line.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogwood

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on September 30, 2016, 05:20:47 am
Not many 6'8 shooter's at the collegiate level what makes him stand out in practice is his rebounding ability he doesn't just roam the 3pt line.

Agreed. If we got Wheeler that would make 2 on our team with Hazen.

Hogimus Prime

Kinda reminded me size wise of Todd Day

RealHog

hawgcraZ

Supposedly another 4 star on campus today.  Anybody have a name?

Razorod

Kevin McPherson

RealHog

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on October 17, 2016, 10:17:54 am
2017 SF / wing Aaron Wheeler has committed to Purdue ...

https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/status/788030692034801669

With this, I think what is probable is:

Gafford, Hall, and Garland sign Early signing period.
Staff goes after solid Juco Big man for 17, which would balance our classes out perfectly, with Justice Hill getting his scholly in 19.

The 16, 17 and 18 classes are going to put this program right back where it belongs, going deep in the tourney and battling for conference supremacy every year.

hogwood

Quote from: RealHog on October 17, 2016, 12:45:58 pm
With this, I think what is probable is:

Gafford, Hall, and Garland sign Early signing period.
Staff goes after solid Juco Big man for 17, which would balance our classes out perfectly, with Justice Hill getting his scholly in 19.

The 16, 17 and 18 classes are going to put this program right back where it belongs, going deep in the tourney and battling for conference supremacy every year.

Yeah I think if we get anyone else this class it will be a JUCO player. Otherwise we will have no spot left for Hill.

I wish we could have more room in 2019. By then our program should be more notable and more kids will be interested. We will have to pass up recruiting a lot of those kids unfortunately unless we have anyone leave early.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hogwood on October 17, 2016, 01:58:17 pm
Yeah I think if we get anyone else this class it will be a JUCO player. Otherwise we will have no spot left for Hill.

I wish we could have more room in 2019. By then our program should be more notable and more kids will be interested. We will have to pass up recruiting a lot of those kids unfortunately unless we have anyone leave early.

This is a problem I never thought we would have. So amazing.

hogwood

Quote from: FineAsSwine on October 17, 2016, 02:56:17 pm
This is a problem I never thought we would have. So amazing.

Ditto.

batmanfan

To the point now I think we should just go after a grad transfer big in the spring. Seems like the other options are likely diamonds in the rough/jucos for 2017. I'd rather go grad transfer for a year then be able to have 3 guys for '18 with all the guys we are after.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

azhog10

Quote from: batmanfan on October 17, 2016, 05:20:30 pm
To the point now I think we should just go after a grad transfer big in the spring. Seems like the other options are likely diamonds in the rough/jucos for 2017. I'd rather go grad transfer for a year then be able to have 3 guys for '18 with all the guys we are after.
Grad or JUCO would be ideal. Just have to see who we can get on early and lock him down. I guess it's possible Perry or another guy goes early, but I just don't see it. I guess it's possible someone leaves from this freshman class but I hope we hang on to everyone. There are a couple that may not contribute this year, but a guy like Hazen will be playing meaningful minutes by his Soph or Junior year.

hogwood

Quote from: azhog10 on October 20, 2016, 01:45:48 pm
Grad or JUCO would be ideal. Just have to see who we can get on early and lock him down. I guess it's possible Perry or another guy goes early, but I just don't see it. I guess it's possible someone leaves from this freshman class but I hope we hang on to everyone. There are a couple that may not contribute this year, but a guy like Hazen will be playing meaningful minutes by his Soph or Junior year.

I could see Gafford leaving after his sophomore year if he really shows up. He will have the chance to be the man down low as a freshman. If he impresses then and follows up with a good sophomore campaign along side a talented crew, he could get some draft buzz. Right now I wouldn't bet on it though, but it's possible.

I don't see any of our 2018 kids being one and dones, not even Perry. If he climbs the ranking ladder in his class this year and over next summer into the top 20, then performs extremely well as a freshman - maybe... But again, not so likely IMO.

I don't see anyone leaving for the pro's early from the 2016 class. But I guess when Qualls came in the 2012 class we wouldn't have guessed that either. Again, not likely.