Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why can't we bring this to the road?

Started by hogninja, January 26, 2014, 01:57:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogninja

Hoggish1

Well, I say let's bring this on the road...!

cityhog

Officiating will not allow this style to work on the road unless we have vastly superior talent, which we do not.

Hot_Town_Hog

We finally brought it for most of the game against the Vols. Same effort would have been wins at A&M and UGA. Would also translate to several wins with our remaining road games. Guess we shall see which team shows up.

YouCrawl_IQuall

Without an overwhelming amount of talent such as Kentucky it's impossible to consistently win on the road in the SEC. The refs just don't let it happen. Every team loves getting those calls when they are the home team though. If you don't have the talent gap that Kentucky can create then you will be lucky to win more then 3 road games a year which should be enough to get us into the NCAAT every year

hogsanity

Look inside the numbers.  Even at home, Auburn shot more free throws, 31, than the hogs, 30. Aub only tunred it over 6 more times.  The difference in this game was the Hogs shot 46% and Aub only 36 or 37%.

The Hogs game just does not get them to the line enough, does not rebound enough, is not turning people over enough, and is too reliant on jump shots.  That is not a good formula for winning on the road.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The Hogfather

We rely far too much on jumpshooters.  AND, we get killed by the refs on the road, just like every other SEC team (I think our swing from home to road is worse than some others).

hogsanity

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 27, 2014, 08:49:22 am
AND, we get killed by the refs on the road, just like every other SEC team

Really?  Auburn shot more Ft's sat than the Hogs did. How is that the road team getting killed by the refs?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The Hogfather

Quote from: hogsanity on January 27, 2014, 08:57:03 am
Really?  Auburn shot more Ft's sat than the Hogs did. How is that the road team getting killed by the refs?

Wow!  One [CENSORED] game!  Good call!

cardsNhogs

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 27, 2014, 08:49:22 am
We rely far too much on jumpshooters.  AND, we get killed by the refs on the road, just like every other SEC team (I think our swing from home to road is worse than some others).
They are out to get Ark. GUess they let Vandy have a free pass at A&M Saturday.

LL COOL HOG

Do our fans travel? We need some WPS on the road.

hogsanity

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 27, 2014, 08:57:50 am
Wow!  One [CENSORED] game!  Good call!

It is not just one game.  At home, FLa shot 7 more Ft's than the Hogs, and the Hogs shot one more Ft than KY, at home.

Also, last season, in 9 home sec games, the Hogs were only +12 in FT attempts, and that includes being +32 against Aub and A7m.  In the other 7 SEc HOME games, the hogs were -20 in Ft attempts. 

Even in a league where the home team supposedly gets huge ft attempt disparities, the Hogs barely are to the + side, the Hogs are only + 19 in their last 12 SEc home games.

Breems

Gulley's minutes are going up which is a good thing. We're finally establishing a guard other than Madden that can contribute to the game and not look like an innocent bystander.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

nextlevel

Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Rome26

Quote from: cityhog on January 26, 2014, 11:01:54 pm
Officiating will not allow this style to work on the road unless we have vastly superior talent, which we do not.

This style will work on the road we just don't have a reliable go to scorer to close out games.

Breems

Quote from: Rome26 on January 27, 2014, 11:49:30 am
This style will work on the road we just don't have a reliable go to scorer to close out games.

We do, but he shoots weird shots.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />