Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I love watching the fire squad squirm?

Started by luke hawg, October 28, 2017, 06:35:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RebHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 28, 2017, 07:46:46 pm
He has to go.Arkansas football should never be this bad.if 6 and 6,and 7 and 5,were good enough Nutt would still be the coach here.sorry but we need a new head coach.

Then you must be sad we won today Joe according to GC and the sunshine pumper gang on HV it is impossible to wish the coach be fired while enjoying a win at the same time!

Al Boarland

Quote from: alohawg on October 28, 2017, 07:12:21 pm
Arkansas is not getting their money's worth with anything less than a 9 win season average with the occasional run at an SEC title.

Can every SEC team win at least 9 games?

hoglady

Quote from: RazorbacksFTW on October 28, 2017, 07:35:21 pm
It used to be 8 wins was considered an average season with anything better being considered a good season and anything less considered a bad season.
Now I guess 5-6 wins is considered average and anything better is considered good.
We have fallen a long way and if the sunshine pumpers have their way we will fall even further.

We came back and beat one of the worst teams in the sec by 1 point after being down 31-7 and they are pretending like we just won the superbowl and maybe CBB deserves another chance.
These people are either insanely stupid or they are being paid for their sunshine pumping otherwise know as paid shills.

To be honest I don't care what he does the rest of the season even if he wins out I want him gone.
Same story every year we lose most games at the start of the season and win a few at the end against terrible teams and that story sucks.

Time for a new story before this football program loses what little pride and dignity it has left.

I'm with you.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

luke hawg

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 28, 2017, 07:46:46 pm
He has to go.Arkansas football should never be this bad.if 6 and 6,and 7 and 5,were good enough Nutt would still be the coach here.sorry but we need a new head coach.

Why should we never be this bad because you wish it. We have zero SEC titles and zero elite bowl wins since joining the SEC 25 years ago. We have won the Cotton bowl a couple times. We are not an elite football program because our talent isn't consistently good enough. We are looking for an elite coach that can win with less talent willing to stay here for less money. Say that out loud to yourself. Bielema has disappointed me but I'm not going to root for losses. If he makes a bowl game, he deserves another year.

Bonehog

If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: luke hawg on October 28, 2017, 06:35:44 pm
We beat coastal and we are 4-5 with a win streak. What if this team wins one unexpectedly and beats Missouri at home then goes to the turd bowl to play a sunbelt team. 7-6 season with another mediocre bowl win despite major injuries.

Still gotta go...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Dark Helmet Hog

I am happy the Hogs won and even enjoyed the game.

Bielema still needs to be fired. Nothing will change that. He is a terrible coach.

East Clintwood

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on October 28, 2017, 07:29:24 pm
There is nothing that can be done that will convince any of us that Bielema must not go.

He's proven over and over again that he is not capable of leading the program to where we want to go.

There are people posting right here in this thread explaining how/why he should be kept.  And there are a bunch of others posting all over the board this evening saying the same thing.  They're out there -- a flabbergasting number of them.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

EastexHawg

We beat coastal and we are 4-5 with a win streak. What if this team wins one unexpectedly and beats Missouri at home then goes to the turd bowl to play a sunbelt team. 7-6 season with another mediocre bowl win despite major injuries.

Are you saying you would love going 7-6 if it would mean keeping Bielema as opposed to bringing in a new coach?  What are you really hoping for?  It sounds like you are saying you would enjoy seeing the people who are tired of bad football having it stuck to them.

RebHog

Quote from: luke hawg on October 28, 2017, 10:21:18 pm
Why should we never be this bad because you wish it. We have zero SEC titles and zero elite bowl wins since joining the SEC 25 years ago. We have won the Cotton bowl a couple times. We are not an elite football program because our talent isn't consistently good enough. We are looking for an elite coach that can win with less talent willing to stay here for less money. Say that out loud to yourself. Bielema has disappointed me but I'm not going to root for losses. If he makes a bowl game, he deserves another year.

SMH ....... ::) ::) ??? :puke:

HatfieldHog

This Hogs team finishing strong, even if it meant reaching 7-6, would only solidify the fact that Beliema can't seem to evaluate, develop, and find the right mix of chemistry till he's 6-7 games deep in a season...!  Other coaches get that done during Spring and Fall camp!  They come out ready to start the season, and our staff has to search for 8 weeks to find the best 5 to start on the O-line.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

grayhawg

Quote from: luke hawg on October 28, 2017, 10:21:18 pm
Kristi is that you?

SoonerSooie

Quote from: rhames on October 28, 2017, 06:43:37 pm

Well yeah. I'm pretty sure most people feel that way.

Getting to a bowl will still be hard though. Would have to win 2 out of our last 3.

Miss State and LSU are likely loses.

Missorui will be tough too.

After watching MSU and even a bit of Missouri yesterday, I don't see us beating MSU for sure, and not too optimistic about Missouri either.

MuskogeeHogFan

I DON'T enjoy watching our posters go after each other like children with this "nonny-nonny-boo boo" stuff. Neither side.

Nothing has changed. Arkansas won yesterday and that was a great win for the kids on the team. I'm happy for them and for the fans who just want to see Arkansas win and don't harbor an agenda either way. It's great that we won yesterday.

But it doesn't change a single thing with regard to this coaching staff or their collective futures. Everybody just chill out and wait for the season to end.

For the kids and some of the fans, I hope that we win out. I doubt that we will, but you never know. I think that we will lose at least 2 more.

But beating Ole Miss hasn't changed anything.
Go Hogs Go!

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 28, 2017, 10:33:34 pm
I am happy the Hogs won and even enjoyed the game.

Bielema still needs to be fired. Nothing will change that. He is a terrible coach.

This.

Some people don't understand that some of us can support the team but are not happy with the man at the top and how he coaches.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 29, 2017, 07:08:11 am
This.

Some people don't understand that some of us can support the team but are not happy with the man at the top and how he coaches.

Just to be clear, you aren't supporting the team when you hope that they lose, just to help insure that the current HC gets canned.
Go Hogs Go!

NuttinItUp

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 29, 2017, 07:15:15 am
Just to be clear, you aren't supporting the team when you hope that they lose, just to help insure that the current HC gets canned.

I don't hope they lose.

hth

Bacons Rebellion

If we win out, no AD would fire Bielema. No AD fires a coach with a five game winning streak. I'm a Hog fan. I hope he wins out and he keeps his job.

This will be a moot point, because if you have seen this team play, we will not win out. It took a fluke fumble, a fourth down desperation PI penalty and a game ending feel goal to beat Ole Miss, the only team in the SECW of our caliber, also using its backup quarterback.

Second, since last season the team has lost its #1 running back, #1 cornerback, #1 receiver, #1 quarterback, #1 offensive lineman to injury. We've also lost our most productive replacement running back. That's not an excuse for Bielema, that's just a reason we are not going to run the table. We've had guys step up, but it's not the same.

Ending 4-8, should likewise be an easy decision for Long. 5-7 is a good opportunity to move on to someone new, and, if your the AD, not have to take heat for another few years, and lower your life's stress leverl. 6-6 is borderline, but I don't see that happening either.

parallaxpig

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 29, 2017, 07:08:11 am
This.

Great win yesterday. I watched, I still care, I still screamed at TV and couldn't sit down while we made four field goals in a row to win the game. I'll be in my seat next Saturday cheering on team. I hope they win out. Their gonna finish 4-8 & I still want a new coach. The five year Big 10 experiment needs to come to a close..........
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Steef

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 29, 2017, 07:19:22 am
I don't hope they lose.

hth

No one here, believes you.

Your recent posting history just screams, "Why aren't you all as miserable as me!?"

GuvHog

Quote from: Bonehog on October 28, 2017, 10:23:24 pm
I’m confused, are we squirming or what?

I'm not squirming at all.

It's good to see the Hogs get a conference win. The players really needed it and they worked hard for it.

However. one conference win over Ole Miss won't save Bret's job.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

my3boneheads

As much as I have been disappointed with football this year it might be better in the long run if CBB goes to a bowl game and comes back next year. Florida, Tennessee, Missouri, Ole Miss, maybe Texas A&M, Nebraska, and California could all be looking for coaches. Seriously speaking, we might get the left overs. 

rzrbkman

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 28, 2017, 07:37:49 pm
I think we have to win 7 during the regular season to be bowl eligible. Coastal Carolina and Florida A&M only count as 1 win.

I don't see us being 7-5.

Wrong. Coastal Carolina is a Division I football school, a member of the Sun Belt conference.

my3boneheads

Quote from: rzrbkman on October 29, 2017, 08:19:23 am
Wrong. Coastal Carolina is a Division I football school, a member of the Sun Belt conference.

A-State beat them 51-17.

LZH

rzrbkman

Quote from: RazorbacksFTW on October 28, 2017, 07:35:21 pm
It used to be 8 wins was considered an average season with anything better being considered a good season and anything less considered a bad season.
Now I guess 5-6 wins is considered average and anything better is considered good.
We have fallen a long way and if the sunshine pumpers have their way we will fall even further.

We came back and beat one of the worst teams in the sec by 1 point after being down 31-7 and they are pretending like we just won the superbowl and maybe CBB deserves another chance.
These people are either insanely stupid or they are being paid for their sunshine pumping otherwise know as paid shills.

To be honest I don't care what he does the rest of the season even if he wins out I want him gone.
Same story every year we lose most games at the start of the season and win a few at the end against terrible teams and that story sucks.

Time for a new story before this football program loses what little pride and dignity it has left.

I have not seen one board member post nor talked to one fan that acted like the Hogs won the Super Bowl or indicated that CBB should be given another season as head coach. I have however read a lot of posts from fans that stated they were glad the football team won the game and that they hoped the team could finish the season strong.

Cinco de Hogo

This whole thread over a win against a team with an intern coach, a backup qb and under a black cloud of sanctions, up against four and a half years of history. 

You know this type argument is like a straw, it floats until you try to grasp onto it, then it sinks.  Why?  It's got a hole at both ends.

I can't figure this out? The ones that claim some fan doesn't want to win a particular game is alright with losing 40-50% of the time just to keep a coach they like.  Are they really a fan of the team or a fan of the coach?   You can be both but you should absolutely never be a fan of the coach at the expense of the team. 

East Clintwood

Quote from: my3boneheads on October 29, 2017, 08:15:34 am
As much as I have been disappointed with football this year it might be better in the long run if CBB goes to a bowl game and comes back next year. Florida, Tennessee, Missouri, Ole Miss, maybe Texas A&M, Nebraska, and California could all be looking for coaches. Seriously speaking, we might get the left overs. 

And what happens next year when 6 or 8 other teams are looking for coaches?  Do we wait another year?  And  what about the year after that? And so on.

Or even worse, what if Bert wins 6 games next year?  Does Jeffy extend his contract and prolong this failure for a few more years?

It's got to end.  Both of them need to go now.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

rzrbkman

Quote from: LZH on October 29, 2017, 08:25:43 am
A-State would beat us 51-17......

I disagree. Arkansas State trailed in the 4th quarter last night before beating New Mexico St.

hawganatic

This is the mentality that keeps Arkansas at the level it is at.  Apparently beating a rent-a-win and "unexpectedly" winning a game, in year 5, keeps a coach employed.  In the mean time, they are talking about firing the FL coach after winning the East the last two years.

rzrbkman

Quote from: hawganatic on October 29, 2017, 08:32:07 am
This is the mentality that keeps Arkansas at the level it is at.  Apparently beating a rent-a-win and "unexpectedly" winning a game, in year 5, keeps a coach employed.  In the mean time, they are talking about firing the FL coach after winning the East the last two years.

Did someone state they wanted CBB to stay at Arkansas if that scenario happened?

hawganatic

Quote from: rzrbkman on October 29, 2017, 08:35:19 am
Did someone state they wanted CBB to stay at Arkansas if that scenario happened?

Yeah, it's implied by the OP's post and the title to his post.  Not hard to figure out bro...

havok

Those all excited about keeping Bielema after defeating a horrible Ole Miss Team..evidently have very low standards.

I suppose beating the truly horrible teams, makes up for being blown off the field in the most embarrassing fashion by everyone else.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: havok on October 29, 2017, 08:49:45 am
Those all excited about keeping Bielema after defeating a horrible Ole Miss Team..evidently have very low standards.

I suppose beating the truly horrible teams, makes up for being blown off the field in the most embarrassing fashion by everyone else.

Quote from: hawganatic on October 29, 2017, 08:45:56 am
Yeah, it's implied by the OP's post and the title to his post.  Not hard to figure out bro...

You guys are talking about a very small minority of posters, just like the ones that hope that the team loses every game from here on (including Coastal Carolina) just to insure that Bielema is gone. Both factions are in the minority, are irrational and should be overlooked.
Go Hogs Go!

rzrbkman

Quote from: hawganatic on October 29, 2017, 08:45:56 am

I'm enjoying that those people that wished for the team to continue to lose are not happy with the teams win yesterday, but even if the Hogs were to win out, I still don't want CBB to be the coach next year.

latrops

Quote from: 12247 on October 28, 2017, 06:50:07 pm
Reaching a bowl game will be one of the points Jeff makes when he goes before upper management with a contract extension, nice pay raise and new buyout on behalf of Bielema.  Man we had all those injuries and you know, no other team in football ever has injuries.  Bret hung onto the rope and had them playing for the helmet.  This 5 year extension and half mil pay increase with a new 20 Mil buyout is respectable.

Completely false.  CBB is not getting a raise and extension this off-season even if we do go bowling.  He probably doesn't get fired if we make a bowl...but there is no reason to think 2 or 3 SEC wins a year is sufficient for him to keep his job long term.  It is entirely possible that whether he will be kept another year has already been decided.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: rzrbkman on October 29, 2017, 09:11:24 am
I'm enjoying that those people that wished for the team to continue to lose are not happy with the teams win yesterday, but even if the Hogs were to win out, I still don't want CBB to be the coach next year.

You know that person do you?

hawganatic

Quote from: rzrbkman on October 29, 2017, 09:11:24 am

Lol, in no way in my post did I imply that I'm not happy about the win yesterday, or that I want us to continue to lose.  What is implied by the OP is that he's happy if we win two more games and Beliema is retained {refer to the subject line of the thread if you don't get this).  My reply was specific to the poster and his seemingly joyous attitude to what is turning out to be a poor football season.

Keep on spinning words into whatever you want though, if that's what gets you through the day...

The_Iceman

hogsolutely

Who's Squirming?  This team will beat the pants off of CC.  Then get white washed my MSU an LSU.  Then the battle to see who the biggest midget in the kiddie pool is on against MO.  At least Butters saved himself from a possible chance at another record fastest to 30 losses in SEC in a 5 year span.  That will come as early as the 1st SEC game next year.   

ballz2thewall

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 29, 2017, 10:44:13 am
So what makes our fan base different from any other in the country?  Have you paid any attention to the Florida fan base?  What about Michigan after their last lose?  What about the OU fan base after they lost to I State?  And then there's the aTm and Tenner fan base!  Maybe it's not the fan base that you have a problem with.  Maybe you don't understand football at the college level.  There are NO participation trophies in college ball!

indeed. our fan base is tame by comparison. 5 long years patient.
The rest of the frog.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 29, 2017, 10:56:57 am
Well in about 4 weeks you should be on here calling for his head because the Hogs WON'T make a bowl game!  LSU and Miss St are loses for sure and Missouri won't be playing a freshman at QB.  Best case scenario is 5-7.  Those saying, "well maybe our GPA will get us in at 5 wins," not gonna happen!  We are 50 something nationally in APR and 8 in the SEC.  Even the crowing about GPA is a smokescreen because we are average at best in that category too!

Who has said this? Can you quote someone who has said this?

Bottom line, so many of you want to attack posters who like Bielema as a person and the way he runs the program off the field, but are no different than you in terms of "on field" and "winning" expectations. It's like if everyone isn't 100% in your end of the court, that they somehow must love the coach and want to find a way to keep him and that is just not accurate. You guys need to take a break. I doubt that Bielema will be our HC next year even if he won-out the rest of the year and winning-out isn't likely anyway.

Some of you just like negativity and arguing and not being able to stand people not agreeing with you 100%.

I think most of us embrace the idea that we need a coaching change. We just don't feel the need to be 100% negative about everything.
Go Hogs Go!

majp51

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 29, 2017, 11:13:31 am
Who has said this? Can you quote someone who has said this?

Bottom line, so many of you want to attack posters who like Bielema as a person and the way he runs the program off the field, but are no different than you in terms of "on field" and "winning" expectations. It's like if everyone isn't 100% in your end of the court, that they somehow must love the coach and want to find a way to keep him and that is just not accurate. You guys need to take a break. I doubt that Bielema will be our HC next year even if he won-out the rest of the year and winning-out isn't likely anyway.

Some of you just like negativity and arguing and not being able to stand people not agreeing with you 100%.

I think most of us embrace the idea that we need a coaching change. We just don't feel the need to be 100% negative about everything.

Muskogee, to this specific point, I have replied to multiple people including the OP I believe, about the 5-7 Bowl scenario, and the fact we were 10th, not 8th, in the last set of published APR score. It's public record on the boards.

The OP has already admitted in this thread, that no matter how the season end CBB should be the coach.

As to your general point, I would like to point out that the OP , who is a CBB fan, started this and made very derogatory comments of anyone who fails to see it his way. In this ssociety today, is it any wonder that the opposition replied in kind?

Only way to solve this is for you and other Admin to immediately delete inflamatory messages, and that was the OP's intent in his subject line.

Hog-Corleone

This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

texas tush hog

Quote from: luke hawg on October 28, 2017, 06:47:09 pm
I'll say this I hate our fanbase. We suck and deserve what we get.

That's okay they hate you back.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 29, 2017, 08:27:22 am
I can't figure this out? The ones that claim some fan doesn't want to win a particular game is alright with losing 40-50% of the time just to keep a coach they like.  Are they really a fan of the team or a fan of the coach?   You can be both but you should absolutely never be a fan of the coach at the expense of the team. 

Exactly what I am thinking.  We have reached a precarious and crazy state within the fan base.  We have fans who want to keep the coach because they like him even if it is to the detriment of the program over the coming years.  We have other fans secretly hoping for losses to preclude Jeff Long from having justification for keeping him.  And, I think we have other fans who have been involved in the contentious back and forth so long that they probably care more about being able to stick it to the "sunshine pumpers"...or the "haters"...than wins and losses on the field.

Would cleaning house and starting over with a regime almost all could get behind do away with all that?  Maybe, at least until a couple of losses ripped the scab off and the old battle lines got redrawn.

Redhogs

Quote from: luke hawg on October 28, 2017, 06:47:09 pm
I'll say this I hate our fanbase. We suck and deserve what we get.
Yes we do...a poor coach with an awful  record, thanks to fans like you who reward failure and accept and make excuses for this miserable crap .
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Dirty