Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rick Pitino will be available here in about a half hour or so.(Now available)

Started by Eddie Goodson, March 17, 2011, 02:39:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Pitino is proud of his guys.  Lost game because of the backboard.

Ended season bitterly.  Take some time off and move on.

Thrill of victory and agony of defeat.

If I had to go out today I ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

nextlevel

Quote from: BenDial on March 17, 2011, 03:01:15 pm
Not saying they didn't. But it was a huge no call. Could have been called, lot of times it would because it's Louisville. I'm glad it wasn't called, even if there was a bit of contact. Not a big fan of a whistle late unless it's obviouse there was a foul.

Yeah, the player from Morehead was standing flat footed on the ground with his arms straight up, it isn't a foul if the offensive player jumps into him looking for the call...
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Eddie Goodson

"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

cashmoneyman_04

Fool me once, strike one....Fool me twice......strike 3
Pippity Poppity give me the Zoppity
You have to play to win, but you have to win to play

Hogimus Prime

I doubt Pitino would come here since we just fired one of his unforgettables.

BenDial

Kansas has an easy road to the final four.

Boston U in round one. (though I guess officially it's round 2)
Either UNLV or Illinois in round of 32
Probably Vandy now in the sweet 16.
Either Notre Dame or Purdue likely in the Elite 8.

Notre Dame nor Purdue will be a cakewalk, but considering the road the other #1 seeds have, Kansas should be doing fist pumps.

Breems

Quote from: BenDial on March 17, 2011, 03:07:11 pm
Kansas has an easy road to the final four.

Boston U in round one. (though I guess officially it's round 2)
Either UNLV or Illinois in round of 32
Probably Vandy now in the sweet 16.
Either Notre Dame or Purdue likely in the Elite 8.

Notre Dame nor Purdue will be a cakewalk, but considering the road the other #1 seeds have, Kansas should be doing fist pumps.

Vandy won't be in the Sweet 16.  They can't get out of the dang first round.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

duck slayer

While losing in the first round as 4 seed is embarrassing, my question is what seed would Pitino have had if he and his team had played in the SEC this year instead of the Big East?

I've got to think they would have been a 2, 3 at worst.

Just something to think about if you are a Big East coach, especially on your way home on a very quiet plane.

hognc2010

BrokerHawg

nwarazfan

I had Louisville advancing a couple of rounds but they were probably done when Knowles went down as far as advancing very far.  Big no call with about 10 left when Louisville was up 8.  Their guard drove in and was hammered and no call was made.  Because he was laying on the court, MSt got a good look at a 3 on the other end and hit it cutting the lead to 5 and staying in the game instead of being down possibly 10 and Louisville taking complete control.  The game stayed in that range the rest of the way.  How the call was missed I have no idea. 

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on March 17, 2011, 03:06:53 pm
True dat, killer of dreams.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Dwight_K_Shrute

I hope every Big Least team loses. I hate that bloated conference.  We could add 6 CUSA teams to the SEC and prop up everyone's record as well.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Porkem

Quote from: nextlevel on March 17, 2011, 03:00:26 pm
Does Louisville have any other decent head coaches we need to know about?...

LOL....they can have Collen back.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

cosmodrum

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on March 17, 2011, 03:06:53 pm

Nah, surely we could get Pel on at Louisville if Pitino agrees to come here.
Go away, batin'

DOGALUM

I've been calling for Pitino for a couple weeks now and been called an idiot for even mentioning it.   

Throw ALL the money at him.  If he says no....that's not a black eye...not from him.  But if he says yes......watch the fanbase unite.....watch Bud Walton be packed to the brim from midnight madness on.....watch the national respect be IMMEDIATELY restored......watch the recruits pour in....and watch the wins rack up.   Worth EVERY PENNY of whatever he wants.   Total home run.....IF....he would take it.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

BenDial

Quote from: duck slayer on March 17, 2011, 03:08:53 pm
While losing in the first round as 4 seed is embarrassing, my question is what seed would Pitino have had if he and his team had played in the SEC this year instead of the Big East?

I've got to think they would have been a 2, 3 at worst.

Just something to think about if you are a Big East coach, especially on your way home on a very quiet plane.

Probably two or three weeks ago, I was sitting at Sonic listening to the Dan Patrick show. He had Pitino on his show and Pitino sounded like he was not long for retiring. I don't think he'll make a move because I think he only plans on coaching for another year to three years.

HogsNeedMojo

Maybe he wants to go out a winner.. Top 5 Recruiting Class, Returning 7 Players.. Come on to Fayetteville Rick, I'll even buy you a pair of boots of your choice!!

HoustonwehaveaProblem

I'll bet the owner of the Silver Dollar Cabaret in Fayetteville is very, very hopeful. 

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Porkem Yung on March 17, 2011, 03:17:08 pm
LOL....they can have Collen back.

True Dat.  Luckiest Man alive in the Pel firing.  His teams take a nose dive every year, lose to teams that shouldn't and lose at home way too often. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

duck slayer

Quote from: BenDial on March 17, 2011, 03:20:27 pm
Probably two or three weeks ago, I was sitting at Sonic listening to the Dan Patrick show. He had Pitino on his show and Pitino sounded like he was not long for retiring. I don't think he'll make a move because I think he only plans on coaching for another year to three years.

Not really pimping Pitino, although the thought is intriguing.  Just saying that if you're a Big East coach, it is something to consider.

Seeding is the key to advancing in the NCAAT.  How tough is the road to a one or two seed in the ACC and Big East if you're not at Duke or UNC?  Pretty darn tough!  How tough is the road to the same one or two seed in the SEC?  Doesn't the SEC get at least one a year and two when there are two really good teams at the top?

How about from the SEC West, more specifically.  With the right coach, AR road is easier than KY or FL if you consider they have to play each other twice and us only once each.  That is four potential losses for them vs. two for AR, between those three schools only. 

How many potential losses are on your schedule from the Big East?  A dozen.

BenDial

Quote from: duck slayer on March 17, 2011, 03:36:35 pm
Not really pimping Pitino, although the thought is intriguing.  Just saying that if you're a Big East coach, it is something to consider.

Seeding is the key to advancing in the NCAAT.  How tough is the road to a one or two seed in the ACC and Big East if you're not at Duke or UNC?  Pretty darn tough!  How tough is the road to the same one or two seed in the SEC?  Doesn't the SEC get at least one a year and two when there are two really good teams at the top?

How about from the SEC West, more specifically.  With the right coach, AR road is easier than KY or FL if you consider they have to play each other twice and us only once each.  That is four potential losses for them vs. two for AR, between those three schools only. 

I'd take Pitino tomorrow. He might want to coach for another 6 to 8 years. Maybe I was reading too much into what he was saying. If that's the case and he wants to put the whole extortion, adultery, slimeball thing behind him, I'd be willing to give him the chance to do that in Fayetteville. He's a fantastic coach, no question.

jbcarol

Quote from: duck slayer on March 17, 2011, 03:36:35 pm

The SEC Years:
Pitino; 1997: 1 seed, National Finals Game
         1996: 1 seed, National Champion
         1995: 1 seed, Elite 8
         1994: 3 seed, 2nd Round exit by Marq, K. O'Neill
         1993: 1 seed, Final 4
         1992: 2 seed, Elite 8
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

razorbackkid

Quote from: ErieHog on March 17, 2011, 02:58:28 pm
Don't the Rick Pitino jokes about more-head now just write themselves now?
Post of the postseason!!!!!  Lmao.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

duck slayer

Quote from: jbcarol on March 17, 2011, 03:40:27 pm
The SEC Years:
         1994: 3 seed, 2nd Round exit by Marq, K. O'Neill

Thanks for the facts JB. 

Any chance you would be willing to supply some more and show year by year how many teams from the SEC got a 1 or a 2 seed and how far they were able to advance since expansion?

I think it would be pretty powerful to see what good teams from the SEC get as a reward from the NCAA when they get seeded.

RazorNick

jbcarol

Quote from: duck slayer on March 17, 2011, 03:48:21 pm
Thanks for the facts JB. 

Any chance you would be willing to supply some more and show year by year how many teams from the SEC got a 1 or a 2 seed and how far they were able to advance since expansion?

I think it would be pretty powerful to see what good teams from the SEC get as a reward from the NCAA when they get seeded.

Calipari; 2010: 1 Seed, Elite 8

Pearl; 2006: 2 seed, 2nd round

Donovan; 2011: 2 seed, TBD
             2007: 1 seed, National Champion
             2006: 3 seed, National Champion (exception)
             2003: 2 seed, 2nd round

Rick Stansbury; 2004: 2 seed, 2nd round

Tubby Smith; 2005: 2 seed, Elite 8
                   2004: Overall #1 seed,
                     2nd round exit to UAB and Mike Anderson
                   2003: 1 seed, Elite 8
                   2001: 2 seed, Sweet 16
                   1998: 2 seed, National Champion

Gottfried; 2002: 2 seed, 2nd round exit by Kent St, Stan Heath

Cliff Ellis; 1999: 1 seed, Sweet 16

Nolan Richardson; 1995: 2 seed, National Finals
                         1994: 1 seed, National Champion

Eddie Fogler [SC]; 1997: 2 seed, 1st round exit

Oliver

Quote from: RazorNick on March 17, 2011, 03:55:16 pm
I have wanted Petino as our coach since Nolan left.

Me too.  I really hope we inquire about his interest again.

cityhog

He's a city guy, and his wife is DEFINATELY a city gal.  I don't think Fayetteville is their 'scene'.

Hogifianakis

Who wants a coach that can't beat Morehead State, where's the passion, leadership, and play-calling?  He should have recruited better players.  The buck stops with the coach.

jbcarol

Oliver

Quote from: Hogifianakis on March 17, 2011, 04:23:47 pm
Who wants a coach that can't beat Morehead State, where's the passion, leadership, and play-calling?  He should have recruited better players.  The buck stops with the coach.

I think I'd forgive Petrino for this one mis-step in his very impressive track record.

RazorNick

Quote from: Hogifianakis on March 17, 2011, 04:23:47 pm

Even coach K, Roy Williams and every other coach has been upset in the tourney, come on.

jbcarol

RazorNick

Eddie Goodson

go hogues

Quote from: cityhog on March 17, 2011, 04:22:15 pm
He's a city guy, and his wife is DEFINATELY a city gal.  I don't think Fayetteville is their 'scene'.
Ever been to Lexington? Not much more city-fied than NWA.

Petrino and Pitino reunited?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

jbcarol

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on March 17, 2011, 04:47:11 pm
That shot will be an epic faceplam pic from now on.

Is that a triple?  Is Coach Pitino shooting the bird?

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: jbcarol on March 17, 2011, 04:52:45 pm
Is that a triple?  Is Coach Pitino shooting the bird?
Looks like two birds in that pic to me.

On second look, it looks like a solid triple to me.

cityhog

Quote from: go hogues on March 17, 2011, 04:51:37 pm
Ever been to Lexington? Not much more city-fied than NWA.

Petrino and Pitino reunited?

Louisville, KY poplulation  256,231
Lexington, KY, population 282,114
Fayetteville, AR population 77,142

really?  and yes I've been to Lexington

booogaga

GO HOGS!

HogsNeedMojo

I will say this much, if we landed Pitino, it would be insane for recruiting for the school having him and CBP for both major sports..

hawgbawb

I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

b1ackthirt3en

IUHog

Even though he lost today he still lasted 59 minutes, 45 seconds longer in the tournament that he did in Karen Sypher.

Donny2665

Thats all we need, let's pay him Millions and Millions to get us to the first round of the tourney... Oh wait, we fired the guy that did that and paid him less..makes sense to me, welcome Coach Pitino..ugg
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

systemroot

Quote from: IUHog on March 17, 2011, 07:41:53 pm
Even though he lost today he still lasted 59 minutes, 45 seconds longer in the tournament that he did in Karen Sypher.

^ indeed