Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Liangelo Ball

Started by skinnypig, November 07, 2017, 09:09:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

skinnypig

Liangelo Ball, Cody Riley, and Jalen Hill arrested
In China for shoplifting could face 3-10 years in Chinese prison.

Hawg Red

Anytime you go to a Communist country, you gotta break the law and arrested.

So dumb. Especially considering the fact that you know Ball had spending money on him. Man, that's dumb.

FineAsSwine

Thrill seeking kids. Modern day joyride. Hope they didn't end their basketball careers with this stupid stunt.
Hogs up! Covid down!

PORKULATOR

This could get political they could just sign to play basketball for China for like 3 years
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

greenEGnHAWGS

What's sad is my first thought was that I wonder if Lavar could've set this up just to get his BBB name out more in an unsurmountable market. Why would he do something like that? Well...he IS the king of negative publicity is better than no publicity...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

skinnypig

I don't understand stand why UCLA & GT are playing this game in China in the first place.  Might be a lot more people tuning in now though.

rusvegashog

Ohh Balls, LemonJello Balls!! Already leads the Nation in steals I see.

hobhog

November 07, 2017, 11:22:14 pm #7 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 11:05:49 pm by hobhog
Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 07, 2017, 09:24:35 pm
Thrill seeking kids. Modern day joyride. Hope they didn't end their basketball careers with this stupid stunt.

Too many try to justify behavior like this.

Meanwhile.....who cares🐗🐗🐗🐗

MissippHog

LaVar Ball: "I'm going to wait until I get more intel on what's going on" before he comments on LiAngelo Ball's arrest but said he's not worried. "He'll be fine," he said. "Everyone's making it a big deal. It ain't that big a deal."

Right LaVar, it's really not that big of a deal that your son was arrested for shoplifting.  I'm sure he's above that anyways, just like you taught him to be.  All I can say is, had I been caught shoplifting when I was a teen, I had better hoped I was in a communist country to protect me from my dad. 

MakingPlays

Quote from: MissippHog on November 08, 2017, 12:02:32 am
LaVar Ball: "I'm going to wait until I get more intel on what's going on" before he comments on LiAngelo Ball's arrest but said he's not worried. "He'll be fine," he said. "Everyone's making it a big deal. It ain't that big a deal."

Right LaVar, it's really not that big of a deal that your son was arrested for shoplifting.  I'm sure he's above that anyways, just like you taught him to be.  All I can say is, had I been caught shoplifting when I was a teen, I had better hoped I was in a communist country to protect me from my dad.

I mean what is he suppose to say?  Is he suppose to throw his son under the bus to the media and say he's dumb and in big trouble?  Parents are going to defend their kids,  I wouldn't bash my kid to the media either, I'd probably just say something like he's going to be fine and we're going to wait for more details.  We know the Ball's aren't hurting for any money, looks like Liangelo was just trying to be cool with his teammates and fit in, horrible decision, hopefully doesn't ruin his college basketball career, because if true he's at least looking at a hefty suspension minimum. 

MissippHog

Quote from: MakingPlays on November 08, 2017, 12:10:46 am
I mean what is he suppose to say?  Is he suppose to throw his son under the bus to the media and say he's dumb and in big trouble?  Parents are going to defend their kids,  I wouldn't bash my kid to the media either, I'd probably just say something like he's going to be fine and we're going to wait for more details.  We know the Ball's aren't hurting for any money, looks like Liangelo was just trying to be cool with his teammates and fit in, horrible decision, hopefully doesn't ruin his college basketball career, because if true he's at least looking at a hefty suspension minimum.
I don't know, how about a "if this is true, I would be disappointed in his decision" type of comment. 

MakingPlays

Quote from: MissippHog on November 08, 2017, 12:14:23 am
I don't know, how about a "if this is true, I would be disappointed in his decision" type of comment.

That's a fair comment.  I don't think that's lavar style though, he not going to say anything remotely negative about his sons. 

Kevin

lavar too busy taping his reality show. who wants to watch this guy & his family. tv programming for the most part stinks.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

labb

Lack of Discipline and Respect of God, Family and Country being taught to our kids. It is a nation wide problem. JMO

hogwood

Quote from: skinnypig on November 07, 2017, 09:09:51 pm
Liangelo Ball, Cody Riley, and Jalen Hill arrested
In China for shoplifting could face 3-10 years in Chinese prison.

Are these all UCLA players?

Dumbasses probably stuck out like sore thumbs as they were doing it. Idiots.

Kevin

if they did it, throw the book at them.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

LumberBacks

You're joking right?  What is he supposed to say so he doesn't sound like another inept parent?  He stops at the intel comment.  But in typical Lavar fashion, he will exercise the Ball Privileged and claim "no big deal" for a crime in another county on a university-paid trip on a cultural exchange goodwill mission.  His schtick is getting tired now and he's actually the one that is no big deal.  I'm hoping one day that Lonzo will have the BALLS to part with his image-damaging dad and be his own man.  Lavar talks sh#$%t a mile a minute or is in a state of constipated notions, the prototype subject of Funkadelic's Promentalshitbackwashpychosis Enema Squad.

https://genius.com/Funkadelic-promentalshitbackwashpsychosis-enema-squad-the-doo-doo-chasers-lyrics

Hogimus Prime

What a DA.  I'm not surprised though with a father figure like LaVar is I'm sure the feeling of arrogance and entitlement flow like the dumb comments that come out of the dad's mouth.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Kevin on November 08, 2017, 07:52:46 am

Just like Otto Warmbier. Lock em up and send them home to die. Maybe that will satisfy you.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: Kevin on November 08, 2017, 07:52:46 am

They may have to spend a month over there just for the preliminary steps. This ain't America lol.

Kevin

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 08, 2017, 09:04:04 am
Just like Otto Warmbier. Lock em up and send them home to die. Maybe that will satisfy you.

if someone comes over here legally and did shoplifting, would you not want them prosecuted?  they difference is this, over here they would get a slap on the wrist.

over there, under their laws, their penalties are a lot harsher.

if they broke the law, then they should face the penalties of the country they are in.

I was just in Ireland, if I broke the law there, then I would expect to face their penalties.

don't go to the extreme, with bringing up otto warmbier.

Hog_Swanson

Found this tidbit with a simple google search.

"China
In China theft results in a minimum of 10 years imprisonment, life sentence, or even death penalty. "

The death penalty has more to do with theft of guns, ammo, and explosives.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

MakingPlays

Quote from: LumberBacks on November 08, 2017, 08:21:42 am
You're joking right?  What is he supposed to say so he doesn't sound like another inept parent?  He stops at the intel comment.  But in typical Lavar fashion, he will exercise the Ball Privileged and claim "no big deal" for a crime in another county on a university-paid trip on a cultural exchange goodwill mission.  His schtick is getting tired now and he's actually the one that is no big deal.  I'm hoping one day that Lonzo will have the BALLS to part with his image-damaging dad and be his own man.  Lavar talks sh#$%t a mile a minute or is in a state of constipated notions, the prototype subject of Funkadelic's Promentalshitbackwashpychosis Enema Squad.

https://genius.com/Funkadelic-promentalshitbackwashpsychosis-enema-squad-the-doo-doo-chasers-lyrics

Again, no parent is going to throw their own kid under the bus to the media.  Those that were expecting him to come out and bash his own kid or say anything negative publicly about one of his kids is going to be sorely disappointed.  Say what you want about Lavar, but he knows how to play the game and market.  ESPN has a segment after ever Lakers game discussing Lonzo's performance.  I was watching skip and shannon they had a whole segment talking about his 0 point game.   Lonzo has one of the more boring personalities I've seen in a while, if it wasn't for his Dad nobody would be caring what he's doing.  Especially with his subpar performances as of late.

AirWarren

Deep down inside I'm hoping all three of these Ball idiots fail thanks to their big mouth thuggy Dad.

rwspear

November 08, 2017, 01:44:13 pm #25 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 03:09:33 pm by rwspear
Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 07, 2017, 09:24:35 pm

I hope they did end their careers. They deserve it.

Hawg Red

Quote from: rwspear on November 08, 2017, 01:44:13 pm
I hope they did ended their careers. They deserve it.

For shoplifting?

Man, get a friggin' life.

rwspear

pfft

they stole luxury glasses at a designer store next to their hotel, on their free trip to china to play basketball. one of them was already a multimillionaire.

they now look stupid, and they did a pretty good job looking stupid as ambassadors of ucla, college sports, and the united states.

they made a tremendously dumb and thoughtless move in front of the world and they had zero reason to do so.

you seem to think they stole a snickers at 711 on a sunday morning by accident.

BigSexyHog

F all of them.  They can die in china
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

MakingPlays

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 08, 2017, 01:58:44 pm
For shoplifting?

We rarely agree, but I'm with you on this, kinda disturbing that so many adults wishing ill will on teenagers.  I just took it as teenagers being dumb, Liangelo was probably just trying to fit in, because I know people give him a hard time with his dad and trying to live up to Lonzo.  It was a dumb decision, he'll survive this and hopefully be able to put this behind him and learn from it.

Birminghog

Quote from: labb on November 08, 2017, 07:49:01 am
Lack of Discipline and Respect of God, Family and Country being taught to our kids. It is a nation wide problem. JMO

I don't know about what you're teaching to your kids, but my kid was taught these values, as were the kids of many people I know. I also know kids who seem not to have been taught them. Can we please stop painting with a broad brush? Nearly every generation has had many who thought the following generation was going to perdition, including those kids who we now refer to as The Greatest Generation.

Quote from: hogwood on November 08, 2017, 07:51:01 am

Dumbasses probably stuck out like sore thumbs as they were doing it. Idiots.

Have any of you ever been to China? Think about it. American kids over 6 feet tall among a society of people many of whom are 5'6" and under. You better believe they stuck out. Idiocy is not too strong a term.

Quote from: MakingPlays on November 08, 2017, 01:10:22 pm
Again, no parent is going to throw their own kid under the bus to the media.

He doesn't have to throw anybody under the bus to have a bit of contrition, such as was suggested by a previous poster. Contrition, it seems, is not in his DNA, which makes him somewhat of a DB. The idea that we need to give him credit for "knowing how to work the media and the market" is disgusting. He's a leech, pure and simple, making bucks off of the talent of his kids. I feel sorry for the kids, even though the current progeny of note seems to be, as we used to say in Malvern, "eat up with the DA".

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Lady Razorback

I promise you that would not have been my response. 

husker71

guy from the middle east was entering the Philippines just the other day.  I have been through customs here 7 or 8 times never much of a hassle .  Anyway they ask him why he was coming here and he said to meet his girlfriend and they asked where is she from (what part of the country) as supposedly he told them none of your business.  They asked what her name was and got the same response.  They kept him in custody until they could get him on a plane going back to his country of boarding and put him back on it and he is gone and in their black book for none desireables.  We are guests in these peoples countries and need to remember that .

MakingPlays

Quote from: Birminghog on November 08, 2017, 05:14:52 pm
He doesn't have to throw anybody under the bus to have a bit of contrition, such as was suggested by a previous poster. Contrition, it seems, is not in his DNA, which makes him somewhat of a DB. The idea that we need to give him credit for "knowing how to work the media and the market" is disgusting. He's a leech, pure and simple, making bucks off of the talent of his kids. I feel sorry for the kids, even though the current progeny of note seems to be, as we used to say in Malvern, "eat up with the DA".

That's obviously your opinion that he's a leech.  His kids don't feel like that and that's all the matters.  He was their trainer that turned them into elite basketball players.  They've all acknowledged that.  Hate him or love him he's gotten 3 kids full rides to UCLA and one of them in the NBA, while also starting a business for his family.  One could also argue he talked Lonzo into the 2nd pick with the Lakers. He's definitely made him relevant to where shoe companies are fighting over him, because it's definitely not Lonzo's stats that are doing that.   

My suggestion to everybody that has a problem with Lavar is to stop talking about him.  Every time you talk about him on social media you give him publicity.  For somebody that may not have known who he is until they read this thread and googled him, guess what now they know about him and his BBB brand, you're doing exactly what he wants.  Me personally I don't care what he does one way or the other, I just see it for what it is, that he's using the media to advertise his family brand and promote his kids, not a bad strategy because it's worked perfectly so far, he's got a reality show, the most talked about rookie in the league, and he's getting free advertisement for his overpriced shoes and apparel. 

WorfHog

Quote from: husker71 on November 08, 2017, 06:10:24 pm
guy from the middle east was entering the Philippines just the other day.  I have been through customs here 7 or 8 times never much of a hassle .  Anyway they ask him why he was coming here and he said to meet his girlfriend and they asked where is she from (what part of the country) as supposedly he told them none of your business.  They asked what her name was and got the same response.  They kept him in custody until they could get him on a plane going back to his country of boarding and put him back on it and he is gone and in their black book for none desireables.  We are guests in these peoples countries and need to remember that .

True, it's their right to treat people how they wish. I hope we treat the people visiting our country better.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: MakingPlays on November 08, 2017, 07:32:45 pm
That's obviously your opinion that he's a leech.  His kids don't feel like that and that's all the matters.  He was their trainer that turned them into elite basketball players.  They've all acknowledged that.  Hate him or love him he's gotten 3 kids full rides to UCLA and one of them in the NBA, while also starting a business for his family.  One could also argue he talked Lonzo into the 2nd pick with the Lakers. He's definitely made him relevant to where shoe companies are fighting over him, because it's definitely not Lonzo's stats that are doing that.   

My suggestion to everybody that has a problem with Lavar is to stop talking about him.  Every time you talk about him on social media you give him publicity.  For somebody that may not have known who he is until they read this thread and googled him, guess what now they know about him and his BBB brand, you're doing exactly what he wants.  Me personally I don't care what he does one way or the other, I just see it for what it is, that he's using the media to advertise his family brand and promote his kids, not a bad strategy because it's worked perfectly so far, he's got a reality show, the most talked about rookie in the league, and he's getting free advertisement for his overpriced shoes and apparel.

I actually think Lonzo is an ok kid, but the dad has trained his kids to play basketball, all so he could pimp them out for his brand that he created.

Regarding what he said, the problem isn't what he DIDN'T say, the problem is what he DID say. He literally told everyone, "Everyone's making it a big deal. It ain't that big a deal."...to steal...in another country.

Wish ESPN would just stop shoving the camera in his face. He is only relevant cuz the media is using the nations distain for him as fuel for views.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hamsam

Give em 5 years... stealing is a top 5 crime. EARN what you have!!
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

BadHog

I'm not sure I can wrap my head around that much stupid!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

MakingPlays

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 08, 2017, 09:38:27 pm
I actually think Lonzo is an ok kid, but the dad has trained his kids to play basketball, all so he could pimp them out for his brand that he created.

Regarding what he said, the problem isn't what he DIDN'T say, the problem is what he DID say. He literally told everyone, "Everyone's making it a big deal. It ain't that big a deal."...to steal...in another country.

Wish ESPN would just stop shoving the camera in his face. He is only relevant cuz the media is using the nations distain for him as fuel for views.

So he pimped out his kids by training them and helping them get scholarships to their hometown dream school of UCLA?  And he's pimping them by starting a business for their family and letting them design their own stuff? 

You're confused on the definition of pimping.  Pimping would have been him shopping his kids around to the highest bidding school.  Pimping would have been him forcing Lonzo to sign with the highest bidding shoe company, rather than starting his own business and letting Lonzo design his own shoes.  Pimping would have been using his kids as leverage to get an assistant coaching job or a position at a university.  Because believe me, there would have been some school that would have gave him a job to land his oldest and youngest who are both consensus 5-star players. 

If Lavar is guilty of anything it's babying his kids and being too defensive of them.  He's not going to let a single bad thing be said about his kids and he thinks nobody is better than his kids.  But saying he's pimping them is absolutely false, people have actually said he's cost his kids money by some of the things he's done, and everybody knows a pimp ain't going to let a dime go out of his sight.

1highhog

Quote from: MissippHog on November 08, 2017, 12:14:23 am

This ^^^^^ !!!

1highhog

To bad it couldn't have been the Dad that got arrested for shoplifting and they put him in prison for 20 years.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: MakingPlays on November 08, 2017, 10:38:48 pm
So he pimped out his kids by training them and helping them get scholarships to their hometown dream school of UCLA?  And he's pimping them by starting a business for their family and letting them design their own stuff? 

You're confused on the definition of pimping.  Pimping would have been him shopping his kids around to the highest bidding school.  Pimping would have been him forcing Lonzo to sign with the highest bidding shoe company, rather than starting his own business and letting Lonzo design his own shoes.  Pimping would have been using his kids as leverage to get an assistant coaching job or a position at a university.  Because believe me, there would have been some school that would have gave him a job to land his oldest and youngest who are both consensus 5-star players. 

If Lavar is guilty of anything it's babying his kids and being too defensive of them.  He's not going to let a single bad thing be said about his kids and he thinks nobody is better than his kids.  But saying he's pimping them is absolutely false, people have actually said he's cost his kids money by some of the things he's done, and everybody knows a pimp ain't going to let a dime go out of his sight.

Pimping as in Lavar is a blowhard nobody that no one would give a rats *** about if he didn't use his kids for his own personal gain. Pimping as in he does not care that he put a bulls eye on all of his kids just to promote himself and his brand. Lavar is a nobody who runs his mouth to sports legends while his kids have to do all the work and back up his trash talk. Lavar made life changing decisions for Melo so he could star in his own reality tv series. Why? So his invention, the BBB, would make more money?

MakingPlays

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 08, 2017, 11:00:27 pm
Pimping as in Lavar is a blowhard nobody that no one would give a rats *** about if he didn't use his kids for his own personal gain. Pimping as in he does not care that he put a bulls eye on all of his kids just to promote himself and his brand. Lavar is a nobody who runs his mouth to sports legends while his kids have to do all the work and back up his trash talk. Lavar made life changing decisions for Melo so he could star in his own reality tv series. Why? So his invention, the BBB, would make more money?

We'll agree to disagree.  If he was a so called pimp he definitely would have shopped them around to different colleges and signed with a big shoe company.  That would have been the more profitable situation and would have been less work for him.  Actually starting a business and giving your kids creative control is a lot more work and more risky financially.  I commend him on doing something outside the norm and not having to rely on the big shoe companies and starting something for his family.  A lot of people are too scared to take that risk.  And him promoting the family brand ain't pimping, it's called marketing.  If he didn't talk trash and say stuff nobody would put a mic in his face and nobody would know about their brand.  Him doing some playful trash talking about Jordan, helped them sell out on some $500 shoes.  Put a mic in front of my face right now to make a couple million dollars on shoe sales, and I'll tell you I can beat Michael Jordan 1 on 1.

And his kids are always going to have a target on their back if they truly want to be great.  Whether his dad talks or not isn't going to affect that, either you can play or you can't, it's that simple.   I haven't heard Lebron's dad say a single word and he's had the biggest target on his back his whole career.  You think people weren't coming after him when he was the proclaimed "King" and everybody was saying he was the face of the league at 18.  You think Jordan, Bird, Magic, and all those guys didn't have targets on their back every single game?  Heck Jeremy Lin had a target on his back one year when everybody was talking about Linsanity.  He even did an interview about it talking about how guys were coming extra hard at him.  If you want to be anybody you're going to have a target on your back and you're going to have to be able to overcome it.

rzrbackramsfan

Dumb dumb dumb.  That being said, I'm rooting for these kids to get sent back to the US, very serious stuff. 

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: MakingPlays on November 08, 2017, 11:17:59 pm
We'll agree to disagree.  If he was a so called pimp he definitely would have shopped them around to different colleges and signed with a big shoe company.  That would have been the more profitable situation and would have been less work for him.  Actually starting a business and giving your kids creative control is a lot more work and more risky financially.  I commend him on doing something outside the norm and not having to rely on the big shoe companies and starting something for his family.  A lot of people are too scared to take that risk.  And him promoting the family brand ain't pimping, it's called marketing.  If he didn't talk trash and say stuff nobody would put a mic in his face and nobody would know about their brand.  Him doing some playful trash talking about Jordan, helped them sell out on some $500 shoes.  Put a mic in front of my face right now to make a couple million dollars on shoe sales, and I'll tell you I can beat Michael Jordan 1 on 1.

And his kids are always going to have a target on their back if they truly want to be great.  Whether his dad talks or not isn't going to affect that, either you can play or you can't, it's that simple.   I haven't heard Lebron's dad say a single word and he's had the biggest target on his back his whole career.  You think people weren't coming after him when he was the proclaimed "King" and everybody was saying he was the face of the league at 18.  You think Jordan, Bird, Magic, and all those guys didn't have targets on their back every single game?  Heck Jeremy Lin had a target on his back one year when everybody was talking about Linsanity.  He even did an interview about it talking about how guys were coming extra hard at him.  If you want to be anybody you're going to have a target on your back and you're going to have to be able to overcome it.

Yes. We'll have to agree to disagree.

He didn't shop schools cuz the whole goal was to get the kids to play in LA. He wouldn't allow his son to even work out for the Celtics cuz he wanted them in LA. Why? Cuz that's where the biggest market is in the nation.

And are you really comparing his target on his back to Bird, Magic, Jordan, and LeBron? Really? The greatest players of all time? He can't hit the broad side of a barn with his ugly shot. And Jeremy Lin? Everybody liked Lin and his career was based on 5 games. So no, Lin wasn't even close to having the same target.

Lonzo is despised by the entire league as much as can be possible when your not an elite player all because of his dad running his mouth about them. That's it. Not cuz he's great. Not cuz of any shoe deal. He has a target cuz his dad has pushed him into the spotlight as an annoyance to the league in the benefit of his brand.

Btw...shoe companies are NOT fighting over him.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: MakingPlays on November 08, 2017, 11:17:59 pm

Same strategy of making outrageous statements to get free press got Trump elected President and he is praised for being media savvy. Lavar does it to make money for his family and he gets called a pimp.

What's the difference in these two men? Hmm....

Hogs up! Covid down!

Jackrabbit Hog

"Liangelo, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?"
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 08, 2017, 01:58:44 pm
For shoplifting?

I want them to face the same punishment anyone caught shoplifting in China faces. Just as I would want a Chinese citizen caught shoplifting in the US to face the same punishment here as anyone else.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 09, 2017, 07:01:31 am
Same strategy of making outrageous statements to get free press got Trump elected President and he is praised for being media savvy. Lavar does it to make money for his family and he gets called a pimp.

What's the difference in these two men? Hmm....

The two are not even comparable. Trump made claims that he, himself, would have to back up. He also told the masses what they wanted hear. Lavar isn't gonna have to back up single thing he's said. He said it, now his kids have to live up to HIS words.

Also, don't tell me that this is ONLY about setting them up financially. Cuz they are gonna play in the NBA. The kids will be fine. It's Lavar that won't be getting rich. So...he turned the family into a circus show, so he'd get publicity and be able to start a brand. If he REALLY thinks his boys are going to be the next Bird, Magic, and Jordan, then why not let them come into the league and prove it and earn his multi billion shoe deals?

BBB is all about Lavar making him money and he doesn't have the abilities to make it big. So, he uses the kids. Maybe "pimping" is not the exact right term, but don't tell me that everything he's doing is for his kids.