Started by Martygit, October 18, 2017, 05:14:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Why would they fire BP?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

parallaxpig

He will be coaching somewhere in SEC next year
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Marshfieldhog

I suspect Petrino will leave Louisville with his AD gone. Tennessee???

TheJoeyBucketz

Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"

phadedhawg

I have sources in Nashville who says he's already agreed in principle to coach Vanderbilt.

Along with head coaching duties in football he will be assisting the women's volleyball team as equipment/personnel manager. 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 18, 2017, 05:32:01 pm
I have sources in Nashville who says he's already agreed in principle to coach Vanderbilt.

Along with head coaching duties in football he will be assisting the women's volleyball team as equipment/personnel manager.
Heck, his coaching duties will be second...err...third....fourth.....oh heck, somewhere WAY DOWN the list to his equipment/personal (not personnel) manager gig.

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

gohogs1969

There is such a thing as "past your prime." He's no longer a big time Head Coach.

Martygit

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 18, 2017, 06:16:42 pm
Petrino's not even mentioned in that article or the page even, but by all means flail away.

I guess the point is that not only the BB coach has been fired but also the AD and the talk of a complete "shakeup" in the athletic program - so, again, my question - Is BP next?
RIP OTR, REV

Danny J

Quote from: gohogs1969 on October 18, 2017, 06:21:55 pm
There is such a thing as "past your prime." He's no longer a big time Head Coach.
lol...

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: MartinGit on October 18, 2017, 06:26:48 pm
I guess the point is that not only the BB coach has been fired but also the AD and the talk of a complete "shakeup" in the athletic program - so, again, my question - Is BP next?

Sounds like a job for Jeff Long

ChitownHawg

Quote from: MartinGit on October 18, 2017, 06:26:48 pm

Hiring AD gone and fans not happy with him. The chances are good he won't last. But I would say the chances are better he slinks out of town before the lynch mob gets there.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Dwight_K_Shrute

They are not firing him and then owe him a buyout when he has done nothing wrong.  He will most likely leave for a better job at a better school and make better money.  Louisville may try to throw some big money at Brohm but doubt he would leave Purdue for them with their athletic department in flux.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hawghiggs

So can we get Petrino back?

Tusks

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 18, 2017, 07:02:05 pm
So can we get Petrino back?

haven't you heard BB is far superior to BP.  BB is losing at a historical level and BP won at a historical level.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: gohogs1969 on October 18, 2017, 06:21:55 pm
I was not happy about the mess we were placed in by CBP but not sure I would go that far, he produced a heisman qb last year.

holeinthewall

As bad as his team is this year no other program is going to hire him. 

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: holeinthewall on October 19, 2017, 07:21:09 am
As bad as his team is this year no other program is going to hire him. 

I'm sure we have heard that before.  If he leaves Louisville it will be because he has another job lined up.  Programs will hire him.  Maybe not the very elite programs, but a lot of P5 programs would. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?