Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

News on recruiting the all-important SEC defensive linemen

Started by jbcarol, May 08, 2012, 12:06:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Gabe DeArmond @GabeDeArmond  ·  2 hours ago
Our guys have confirmed #Mizzou's newest commitment is DT Tyrell Jacobs who chose the Tigers over Illinois and Kansas State.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Byron Cowart @ByronHawkStar99  ·  2 hours ago
Things have been published over the last few days that i have not said I am NOT talking to any reporters or agencies until signing day
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

JC Shurburtt @jcshurburtt  ·  1 hour ago
Arden Key tells @johnmwhittle he will visit #Auburn next weekend and has no plans to go to #UGA @BrandiCMills @Keith247Sports

jbcarol

SportsTalk @sportstalksc  ·  3 hours ago
#STRecruiting: USC commitment DE Quandeski Whitlow said he's 100% after official visit and shutting it down. No visit to Florida.

jbcarol

Ohio football prospect Javon Provitt committed to Kentucky on Sunday.

Provitt — a 6-foot-3, 305-pound defensive tackle — said last week that he had narrowed his recruitment to three schools: UK, Pittsburgh and Maryland.

(UK's commits are listed at link)

QuoteThe new UK pledge attends high school just outside of Youngstown, where both UK Coach Mark Stoops and recruiting coordinator Vince Marrow are from. Marrow has been recruiting Provitt for more than a year.

Kentucky now has 18 commitments for the class of 2015, and eight of those prospects are from the state of Ohio. The two Nebraska transfers who enrolled at UK earlier this month — tight end Greg Hart and linebacker Courtney Love — are also Ohio natives.

Provitt is considered a three-star prospect by Rivals.com and 247Sports, which ranks him as the No. 77 defensive tackle in the senior class.

UK also has a commitment from senior defensive end DaVon Hamilton, but he took an official visit to Ohio State over the weekend and could switch his pledge to the Buckeyes before national signing day.

jbcarol

Josh Edwards @JEdwar247  ·  13 hours ago

#Kentucky DT commitment Davon Hamilton has flipped to Ohio State [FREE] - http://bit.ly/1yWY3Hl  via @Bill_Kurelic

jbcarol

Sprayberry DE Jabari Zuniga gave a verbal to Florida.

jbcarol

John Talty @JTalty  ·  50 minutes ago

Big RT @rivalsmike: DE Byron Cowart will not take his #FSU official this weekend. It appears to be #WarEagle vs. #Gators

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on January 27, 2015, 01:57:29 pm
John Talty @JTalty  ·  50 minutes ago

Big RT @rivalsmike: DE Byron Cowart will not take his #FSU official this weekend. It appears to be #WarEagle vs. #Gators

He will wind up on the Plain$......... 8)

jbcarol

With Signing Day just a week away, it's time to examine the hottest recruiting battles of the 2015 signing class

Quote4. Byron Cowart, DE: Auburn vs. Florida vs. FSU: The Tampa (Fla.) Armwood High product is ranked by a few recruiting services as the nation's No. 1 overall prospect, although several of the college coaches I spoke with were higher on a couple of D-linemen in this class.

"I think CeCe Jefferson plays harder than Cowart, but I love both of them," says one veteran coach.

Another recruiter says Cowart's "not the freak athlete that (last year's top D-lineman) Myles Garrett is, but he's thicker and he's still really, really explosive."

A third coach, a D-line coach, was a bigger fan of Cowart: "He's a beast. He's not very tall, but he's just an explosive, shorter guy. I think he's a very freaky dude."

Again, Muschamp's old school and his new one are in a heated battle, but don't underestimate FSU either.

5. CeCe Jefferson, DL: Ole Miss vs. UF vs. FSU vs. Auburn vs. LSU: ...

6. Daylon Mack, DT: TCU vs. Texas A&M vs. Texas: ...

jbcarol

Derek Tyson @DerekTysonESPN  ·  12 hours ago

#ESPN300 DE Arden Key tells me he has a final three of #SouthCarolina, #Auburn and #LSU in order.

jbcarol

ESPN SEC @ESPN_SEC  ·  3 hours ago

Long journey for nation's top-ranked player, Byron Cowart, nearing an end http://es.pn/1Bz7v0u

Reported that he is not making a visit this weekend

jbcarol

Ben Roberts @NextCats  ·  4 hours ago
2015 defensive end Tyrone Riley has flipped from UK to N.C. State, according to several reports out of Raleigh.

jbcarol

Jimmy D Smith @JimmyDetail  ·  5 hours ago
ICYMI: #LSU target Arden Key receives visit from Frank Wilson and Ed Orgeron, cancels #Auburn official http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2015/01/arden_key_receives_visit_from.html ...

jbcarol

Nate Howard @Nate_Howard_  ·  8 hours ago

OFFICIALLY A MIZZOU TIGER!!!🐯 🙏

Gabe DeArmond @GabeDeArmond  ·  7 hours ago

New at PowerMizzou Howard flips to Mizzou: 2015 Ladue (Mo.) DE Nate Howard has flipped his commitment from Wis...

Brian Austin @btaustin  ·  8 hours ago

.@LadueFootball DE Nate Howard is commitment 22 for Mizzou.

jbcarol

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  3 hours ago
UK has received a commitment from NJ DE Josh Allen according to his coach

jbcarol

SEC National Signing Day Primer

QuoteThe SEC is so fertile with high school talent, it is almost sickening. Four different SEC schools currently have more five-star commitments than the Big 12 has as a conference.

The Top Recruit

DT Kahill McKenzie (Concord, CA): Tennessee

For the moment, no SEC school has landed a bigger commitment in the Class of 2015 as Tennessee with Kahill McKenzie... literally. McKenzie is the nation's sixth-ranked player and measures in at 6′ 4″ and 340 pounds to be the top defensive tackle in the country. He is the prized recruit for Butch Jones at Tennessee, where the Vols have come on very strong in this recruiting cycle.

Recruiting Battle To Watch

Auburn and Florida are going down to the wire for the number one recruit in the nation, defensive end Byron Cowart of Seffner, Florida. The top player in the nation according to Rivals has visited both schools in the past month, and no others...

jbcarol

7 @cecejeferson7  ·  2 hours ago

Wednesday I will be deciding between Auburn,Ole miss,Florida, or Alabama... Thanks for everything!

Shea Dixon @Sheadixon  ·  1 hour ago

5-star DE CeCe Jefferson says #LSU is no longer in the mix. Tigers turn their DE focus to tonight's Arden Key announcement. Will be big.

jbcarol

Scott Rabalais @RabalaisAdv  ·  1 hour ago

ESPN's Tom Luginbill says he thinks Arden Key and Dylan Charlot will pick #LSU. Key announces tonight.

Would know.

jbcarol

jbcarol

John Talty @JTalty  ·  9 hours ago

Alabama has asked Hoover defensive end Christian Bell to grayshirt via @JeffSentell_ http://ow.ly/Io88V

3-star WDE

jbcarol

John Talty @JTalty  ·  4 hours ago
Demopolis DE Tim Bonner, who had late interest from Ole Miss, tells @aldotcom he'll sign with Louisville tomorrow.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell @Carvell_AJC  ·  33 minutes ago

DT DaQuan Hawkins said he picked UGA over Auburn & Missouri: http://on-ajc.com/1As7FLO

jbcarol

Brent Zwerneman @BrentZwerneman  ·  22 minutes ago

Five-star DT Daylon Mack provides Texas A&M with some instant defensive relief (Aggies Blog): http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2015/02/five-star-defensive-tackle-daylon-mack-tabs-texas-am-over-tcu-texas/ ...

THEE MACK TRUCK @DaylonMack  ·  25 minutes ago

I have officially committed to Texas A&M University!!!! #GigEm #WRTS #12thMan I'm baaaaacccckkkk!!!

jbcarol

Zach Abolverdi @ZachAbolverdi  ·  17 minutes ago

#Gators flip DE Keivonnis Davis from #OregonState. He has faxed in his LOI to #UF.

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on February 04, 2015, 12:00:30 pm
Brent Zwerneman @BrentZwerneman  ·  22 minutes ago

Five-star DT Daylon Mack provides Texas A&M with some instant defensive relief (Aggies Blog): http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2015/02/five-star-defensive-tackle-daylon-mack-tabs-texas-am-over-tcu-texas/ ...

THEE MACK TRUCK @DaylonMack  ·  25 minutes ago

I have officially committed to Texas A&M University!!!! #GigEm #WRTS #12thMan I'm baaaaacccckkkk!!!

Suzanne Halliburton @suzhalliburton  · 
Sumlin said Daylon Mack recommitted on his official visit to A&M back in mid-January.

jbcarol

SEC schools signed six of the top eight DTs.

UGa signed two of the top five WDE's and two of the top seven SDE's.

SEC schools signed seven of the top ten SDE's including the top three.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell @Carvell_AJC  ·  14 hours ago

RT @Subzero06 Riverdale HS (GA) Class of 2016 DE Chidi Okonya has been offered by the #LSU Tigers

jbcarol

Keith Niebuhr @Keith247Sports  ·  2 hours ago

Here's why I like 5-star DT Julian Rochester. Stopped interview to tell me about 2 teammates. He gets the "team" concept.

'16 6-5, 3 bills Powder Springs DT has offers from Auburn, UGa, Bama, et al.

jbcarol

'16 3-star Miami Central DE Eric Mitchell gave a verbal to Florida.

jbcarol

Riley Blevins @Riley_Blevins  ·  Feb 22

ICYMI: 4-star DE Jeffery Simmons talks Alabama & keys to his recruitment http://www.clarionledger.com/story/recruitingreport/2015/02/21/noxubee-county-4-star-simmons-talks-alabama-recruitment/23807415/ ...

QuoteWith National Signing Day 2015 a day away, Noxubee County football coach Tyrone Shorter pulled his budding junior star – Jeffery Simmons - into his office.

"He just told me, 'Hey, after tomorrow, all eyes are going to be on you,'" Simmons, a four-star defensive end, recalls. "He told me things we're probably going to pick up a lot."

Shorter wasn't lying.

The day after signing day, Simmons said he received at least 20 messages from Division-I coaches on Twitter.

"Before that," Simmons said, "I probably got 20 total all my (junior) season."

And it's only picked up more in the weeks after the big recruiting day.

Simmons, ranked No. 4 in the Clarion-Ledger's Targeted 22, picked up an offer from Alabama last week.

The 6-foot-4, 250-pounder also holds scholarships from Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Arkansas State and more. He says most of the SEC has started to express interest.

"Alabama had come by my school a few times," Simmons said. "I mean, that's Alabama. It really means a lot. That's a huge, huge offer."

But Simmons is in no rush to make a decision...

jbcarol

Drew Champlin @DrewChamplin  ·  10 hours ago

Defensive tackle Keyshon Camp @CAMPBOI_FRESZH1 considering Alabama after backing off Miami commitment http://ow.ly/JF6XE

QuoteJust three days ago, Lakeland, Fla., defensive tackle Keyshon Camp earned an offer from Alabama.

Today, Camp decommitted from Miami. He told AL.com that he didn't back off his commitment because of the Alabama offer, but wanted to consider all options.

Camp tweeted that Miami is still No. 1. He also has offers from the likes of Florida, Duke, Kentucky, Louisville, Northwestern, Virginia Tech, Iowa state, Marshall and Georgia Southern, but the 6-foot-4, 265-pound Camp was excited to get the offer, which came from Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin.

jbcarol

Wesley Sinor @WesleySinor  ·  13 hours ago
Auburn No. 1 for defensive end David Marshall, Alabama close behind http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/02/david_marshall.html ...

jbcarol

'16 3-star 6-6 215 Pickerington Central DE Jaylin Bannerman gave a verbal to UK.

jbcarol

Shea Dixon @Sheadixon  ·  26 minutes ago
Louisiana's No. 1 DT for 2016 (Rashard Lawrence) and 2017 (Tyler Shevlin) were at #LSU's practice today. Huge. #Bolts http://lsu.247sports.com/Bolt/No-1-DTs-hit-Baton-Rouge-36047875 ...

jbcarol

Wesley Sinor @WesleySinor  ·  2 hours ago
Auburn lands a commitment from DE David Marshall

3-star from Thomaston

jbcarol

Bret Bielema @BretBielema  ·  4 hours ago

A great start to the week! Calling the Hogs from Star City, AR. Building it one day at a time, one #Uncommon man at a time... #WoooPig

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  21 hours ago

Auburn climbs into 4-star DT Tyler Clark's top 3 | http://ow.ly/Katfg 

QuoteAfter picking up an offer, the four-star defensive tackle from Americus, Ga., included the Tigers in his top three schools along with Georgia and Clemson.

"They told me I'm welcome anytime," Clark said after his visit to the Plains.

...the nation's No. 22 defensive tackle in the 247Sports Composite.

jbcarol

Shea Dixon @Sheadixon  ·  Mar 11

... Tyler Shelvin's father tells @Geaux247 that his son has committed to #LSU. No. 4 DT in the country for 2017.

jbcarol

Wesley Sinor @WesleySinor  ·  5h 5 hours ago

Georgia becoming #Auburn's biggest threat for 5-star DE Julian Rochester | http://ow.ly/KH0l2 

jbcarol

Ben Roberts @NextCats  ·  16h 16 hours ago

Three-star defensive tackle Kordell Looney has committed to Kentucky.

Rivals ranks Kordell Looney as No. 35 prospect from the state of Ohio. Listed at 6-3 and 286 pounds. UK got on him early. First big offer.

Kordell Looney is UK's 15th commitment for the class of 2016. Ten of those guys are from Ohio. Cats now have 7 of state's Top 40 prospects.

Details on new UK football commitment Kordell Looney (includes commitment chart with all 15 players) http://bit.ly/1I5zCJf

jbcarol

ESPN SEC @ESPN_SEC  ·  19h 19 hours ago

Early Commit: DE Charles Wiley to Ole Miss http://es.pn/1DfoQAL

QuoteWhen looking at the programs that have the best 2016 classes committed to date, the conversation begins and ends with Miami (FL) and Ole Miss. Though the Hurricanes got off to the fastest start, the Rebels have caught up and now arguably have the top class with the commitment of defensive end Charles Wiley, the eighth ESPN Junior 300 pledge for Hugh Freeze and staff...

jbcarol

Drew Champlin @DrewChamplin  ·  1h 1 hour ago

Spoke with coach of Florida State commit @JanariusD1, a talented DE/OLB, about his recruiting visits - http://ow.ly/L5pta

QuoteJanarius Robinson is a longtime Florida State commit, but the talented defensive end/outside linebacker is keeping his options open.

Robinson, a four-star recruit from Panama City, Fla., rated as the No. 43 player in the country by the 247Sports composite, is visiting Alabama on Friday for the Crimson Tide's spring scrimmage.

He also has visits to Florida, Florida State, Tennessee and Auburn (for the April 18 spring game) set up this month...

jbcarol

Courtney Cronin @CourtneyRCronin  ·  Apr 4
2016 Starkville DE RT @DantzlerLorenzo: Enjoying my Day in Memphis🔵⚪️🐅

http://247sports.com/Player/Lorenzo-Dantzler-72551

jbcarol

Zach Abolverdi @ZachAbolverdi  ·  2h 2 hours ago
#FSU DE commit Janarius Robinson (@JanariusD1) says he will visit #UF tomorrow. He's a consensus top-100 overall recruit. #Gators #Noles

jbcarol

Damon Sayles @DamonSayles  ·  14h 14 hours ago

DE Caleb Roddy. #MSU RT "@C_roddy35 Received my 15th offer from Mississippi State!! #DawgFam16 #HailState 🐶🐾 "

jbcarol

Wesley Sinor @WesleySinor  ·  10h 10 hours ago
5-star DT Derrick Brown visiting Auburn today, has Tigers in top 2 | http://ow.ly/LoMBn 

Georgia is Brown's current leader and the projected favorite to land his commitment...

jbcarol

TexAgs @TexAgs  ·  Apr 8

Coveted Ark. DE McTelvin Agim really did his research after A&M's offer — and liked what he saw...

jbcarol

Richard Davenport @ArRecruitingGuy  ·  14h 14 hours ago

Louisiana DT commits to the Hogs: Defensive tackle Briston Guidry has committed to Arkansas. http://bit.ly/1FyLIgP

jbcarol

Ryan Callahan @RyanCallahan247  ·  17h 17 hours ago

#Vols impress four-star Ga. DE Chidi Okonya (@_itschii) again...

http://247sports.com/Player/Chidi-Okonya-38807