Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts on secret scrimmage

Started by masondh, September 13, 2017, 01:53:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

masondh

Has anything about our two exhibition games been announced? Could this be the year Arkansas tries to schedule a pre-season "secret scrimmage" against another D1 team? Seems like it would be fitting with what CMA is trying to do with the rest of our nonconference schedule? Could be nice to get practice against a good opponent before we start playing them for real early in the season.

For those who don't know, the NCAA allows you to use one of your exhibitions as a "secret scrimmage" against a real opponent with no fans or cameras. The score isn't supposed to be revealed but often gets out.

Marshfieldhog

No way Jeff Long lets season ticket holders  not pay for one of those exhibition games even though only 2k will show up.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on September 13, 2017, 01:56:36 pm
No way Jeff Long lets season ticket holders  not pay for one of those exhibition games even though only 2k will show up.

You must have missed the "no fans, no cameras" part. It's supposed to be a "secret" scrimmage.

Shhh. Be very quiet.
Hogs up! Covid down!

masondh

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 13, 2017, 02:30:05 pm
You must have missed the "no fans, no cameras" part. It's supposed to be a "secret" scrimmage.

Shhh. Be very quiet.

It would, by rule, take the place of one of our public exhibitions, which would cost the university ticket sales on that particular exhibition. I think thats what he's talking about. But that number is small enough that I hope it wouldn't completely block the possibility of a secret scrimmage, particularly if CMA thinks it gives us a better shot to have a successful season that would theoretically sell more tickets in the long run.