Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Wild Rebel

Started by Tomhog™, March 03, 2008, 10:15:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kobe24

yep it is but when i was talkin too nutt this weekend he kept calling it the wild hog he would laugh every time he said it it was funny

HamShank

The man has no shame.  Malzahn brings that play to U of A, and now, not only does Nutt claim it as his own, he uses it at another school!  Look for the "Wild Reb" next year. 

hog_fan

Why Kobe would you talk to Nutt.

COCHISE

I'm not saying it won't work at Ole Miss, but Arkansas had the nation's top backfield when we ran it.  Without a Darren McFadden type in the backfield, it's success at Ole Miss will likely never match what it accomplished at Arkansas.

wholehog92

Quote from: kobe24 on March 03, 2008, 10:22:44 am
yep it is but when i was talkin too nutt this weekend he kept calling it the wild hog he would laugh every time he said it it was funny

Nutt will do a lot of funny things.  We are tired of laughing about them for the most part.  FYI, he is not accidentally doing that.  He is counting on you being in the dark about his intentions.  I'm sure you're aware of that, but just in case, let me translate what he is trying to get across by "accidentally" slipping that out there.

Dmac was in the Heisman running twice running the wild hog, I am bringing that ol miss so that a RB can be featured like Dmac.  The wild rebel doesn't mean that and likely won't.

You need a Hillis, Jones, and Dmac to make it work.  There hasn't been a backfield like that in as long as I can remember.  When we were missing any one part, it didn't work.  Finally Nutt didn't bring it to Arkansas, therefore he is unlikely to be able to adjust it to the available talent.  He used it as delivered for the talent at Arkansas.  Nutt is a good salesman, and when facing one it pays to have knowledge.  They do nothing by accident.  He is manipulating you on purpose.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

schmeck

Houston, you have a problem.  Its called originality. Why, oh why can you not come up with your own signature football? Oh yeah I remember. You did have that one play you called your own... ...what was it again?  Oh yes, a run up the middle on third and 9.  And punting was always a safe call for you too.
Deny everything and make counter-accusations.

Tomhog™

Most of you don't see Houston as a threat to in-state recruiting.  Over the next 2-3 years, I imagine he may very well get 1-2 recruits in-state that the Hogs want because those players want to play for Houston Nutt more than they want to be a Hog.  It is all about relationships and Hootie has been recruiting the class of '09 and '10 for a while now.

wholehog92

I don't underestimate him.  He stayed here 6 years longer than I thought he should have and 3 years longer than I thought he would.  The man can sell.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

farmhawg

Quote from: HamShank on March 03, 2008, 10:26:51 am
The man has no shame.  Malzahn brings that play to U of A, and now, not only does Nutt claim it as his own, he uses it at another school!  Look for the "Wild Reb" next year. 

You are correct. The only problem that we had last year is without a passing attack there was no balance. He will try to run it but will be one dimensional without passing. The amazing thing is I think he takes all the credit for that formation. I have never heard him give credit to Gus for that set.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

COCHISE

Quote from: Tomhog™ on March 03, 2008, 10:40:58 am
Most of you don't see Houston as a threat to in-state recruiting.  Over the next 2-3 years, I imagine he may very well get 1-2 recruits in-state that the Hogs want because those players want to play for Houston Nutt more than they want to be a Hog.  It is all about relationships and Hootie has been recruiting the class of '09 and '10 for a while now.
Not to mention, look at what he's able to sell recruits right now, especially RB's.  For the past week DMAC has been all over ESPN and will be a top pick in the upcoming draft along with Felix.  As a Junior RB it has to be quite an attention getter.

COCHISE

Quote from: Tomhog™ on March 03, 2008, 10:56:05 am
Running backs will be the easiest draw for Houston Nutt.  I think that is why we saw an early commit out of Turrell.
I do hope these kids are smart enough to realize that they will not be able to just come in and start running the Wild Hog, regardless of Nutt is telling them.  Arkansas ran the Wild Hog with the nations top RB, another top 5 RB and the nation's top FB, Ole Miss.......not so much.

Swino

Quote from: Tomhog™ on March 03, 2008, 10:56:05 am
Running backs will be the easiest draw for Houston Nutt.  I think that is why we saw an early commit out of Turrell.

Is Snead a Duel or pocket QB? 

COCHISE

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: Tomhog™ on March 03, 2008, 10:40:58 am

Tom? Were you one of those banging he drum for Nutt this year? You know he's going to get Curtis or Youngblood and the likes of those recruits. He didn't hurt us this year and he won't hurt us in the future.

Is that RB a priority recruit for Arkansas? I don't know anything about him?

OKhogfan1959

I will just add this with no animosity aimed at any of you!

If Nutt does get a player that we are really recruiting and not someone like the Thomas kid that Petrino really droped then I will give you guys credit. But I am seriously not worried at this point. If he replaces that recruit with a better recruit I still will not be worried about Nutt.

My opinion is that if a player is stupid enough to want to play for Nutt and believes in Nutts BS, and overlooks the off the field stuff. I don't really want that type kid playing at Arkansas!

SteelShot

This should be the writing on the wall for Ole Miss fans and any QB out there with thoughts about going to Ole Miss.  Ole Miss, like Arkansas endured, will never have a good QB (no Matt Jones was not a QB, he was an athlete palying the position) while Nutt is there. He will run this sinlge wing set over and over w/o a QB until he is blue in the face. 

No more Manning boys, just pure run up the middle.  I feel so sorry for Snead.   
"Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!"

kobe24

the way nutt talked this weekend he said he was going to put it in the air bcause he doesnt have the backs rite now to do wut he did at ark  and he going to have one of the top qb's in nation in snead he ask me do i remember the 98 sesaon and smile

wholehog92

Quote from: kobe24 on March 03, 2008, 12:56:23 pm
the way nutt talked this weekend he said he was going to put it in the air bcause he doesnt have the backs rite now to do wut he did at ark  and he going to have one of the top qb's in nation in snead he ask me do i remember the 98 sesaon and smile

I would ask him what happened to the QB coach after that season and what happened to the QBs after Stoerner.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

I can't wait until he tries to run that crap against Petrino.  Their training staff better be ready..
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Tomhog™

Quote from: LawnHog48 on March 03, 2008, 12:31:20 pm
Tom? Were you one of those banging he drum for Nutt this year? You know he's going to get Curtis or Youngblood and the likes of those recruits. He didn't hurt us this year and he won't hurt us in the future.

Is that RB a priority recruit for Arkansas? I don't know anything about him?

You don't come to the Recruiting Forum often if you are asking me that.  I said all along we'd keep all the commits.  It's a whole new game when they aren't even offered or committed.

Tomhog™

Quote from: LawnHog48 on March 03, 2008, 12:34:28 pm
I will just add this with no animosity aimed at any of you!

If Nutt does get a player that we are really recruiting and not someone like the Thomas kid that Petrino really droped then I will give you guys credit. But I am seriously not worried at this point. If he replaces that recruit with a better recruit I still will not be worried about Nutt.

My opinion is that if a player is stupid enough to want to play for Nutt and believes in Nutts BS, and overlooks the off the field stuff. I don't really want that type kid playing at Arkansas!

I haven't seen anyone in here "worried" about it.  If he does get one or two, I'm still not "worried"

OKhogfan1959

March 03, 2008, 01:40:34 pm #24 Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 01:42:40 pm by LawnHog48
I am just now starting to hang out on here. And no I haven't in the past. Kobe24 is worried and you said Nutt would get some players? I think that shows some worry. Maybe I am a dumbass and can't read.

Lets wait and see? I just don't think he will get a single player after this class. He didn't get any of them and he had forever to get them. He struck out this year and he'll not hit any homeruns in Arkansas. He might end up fired for missing out on Miss recruits. We'll see if you're right on the Rbs.

Tom sometimes I come off as a smart ass and that is not my intention.  Just not computer smart! No ill will I promise.

farmhawg

You may be right. The 98 season he was using another coaches recruits to win.

He may pass the ball until has an interception then he will go back to the run. He will never be able to recruit the quality players to do well in the SEC with his offense.

Go back and read Alpha boars posts and see if TCTWF is telling the truth when he makes comments about throwing the ball. HE WILL LIE TO YOUR FACE. I can not believe that anyone can look him in the face and think that he is being honest.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

cityhog

OKhogfan1959

I will always remember when he said they were trying to make us play left handed when talking about stacking the line with 9-10 devenders. You just can't change that type thinking. Any QB or WR that trusts the man get what they deserve.

Cityhog..There is a topic on their board where Otis is really backing Vaughn and said he wouldn't trade anybody on the current staff for Vaughn. Close to that but not exact words from Otis. I am sure this post is already on it's way to Otis since his little pathetic followers are on here running back over there and trying to get on good with Otis. Pathetic!

cityhog

Quote from: LawnHog48 on March 03, 2008, 02:10:34 pm
I will always remember when he said they were trying to make us play left handed when talking about stacking the line with 9-10 devenders. You just can't change that type thinking. Any QB or WR that trusts the man get what they deserve.

Cityhog..There is a topic on their board where Otis is really backing Vaughn and said he wouldn't trade anybody on the current staff for Vaughn. Close to that but not exact words from Otis. I am sure this post is already on it's way to Otis since his little pathetic followers are on here running back over there and trying to get on good with Otis. Pathetic!

Oh
My
God.
:puke:

SteelShot

Otis is a blind follower of Nutt.  The first opening at Ole Miss Rivals cite, and Otis is gone.  I will have a drink when that day comes.  Otis doesn't mention the fact that Vaughn can't coach a lick. He is a decent recruiter (Nutt makes him out to be the Godfather) but a terrible coach. 

Otis knows more about Ole Miss recruiting right now than he does Arkansas.

wholehog92

Quote from: SteelShot on March 03, 2008, 03:14:40 pm
Otis is a blind follower of Nutt.  The first opening at Ole Miss Rivals cite, and Otis is gone.  I will have a drink when that day comes.  Otis doesn't mention the fact that Vaughn can't coach a lick. He is a decent recruiter (Nutt makes him out to be the Godfather) but a terrible coach. 

If you took the conjecture out of that, you couldn't fill up the thimble of a sewing pissant with it.

Lieutenant Dan

Quote from: HamShank on March 03, 2008, 10:26:51 am

I thought his brother brought it to Arkansas.  Didn't Malzahn want Hillis to run qb?   :P

hogsfan4l1fe

Quote from: cityhog on March 03, 2008, 02:32:07 pm
Oh
My
God.
:puke:

Just make sure to print screen the image of said comment for later fodder.

Nutts and Bolts

Dual Threat QB's run faster than 4.6 forty.....
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

lyon98

I think that nutt will do well this year at ole piss and I am sorry to say that. The used car dealer will come to the front and his players, used to losing, will buy it. He beat miss state and they would do anything to do the same.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

Uncle_dad

I think it's going to look more like the "Wild Rubble"

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Tomhog™ on March 03, 2008, 10:15:18 am
Guess what play it is and what school is going to run it?  It's been a selling point to recruits...

That's a good one, because one of last season's problems was that David Lee and Nutt were not committed to the "wild thingy" and thus spent a lot of later-season practice time trying to make it work again.  This when it was obvious what had become of Lee's original offensive plan.
[CENSORED]!

SteelShot

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 03, 2008, 05:02:48 pm
That's a good one, because one of last season's problems was that David Lee and Nutt were not committed to the "wild thingy" and thus spent a lot of later-season practice time trying to make it work again.  This when it was obvious what had become of Lee's original offensive plan.

Lee's original offensive plan?

You mean the "pro style offense"? ;)

COCHISE

First of all it's kind of sad that Nutt has to go back 10 YEARS to point out a season in which one of his teams actually had a decent passing game, albeit with another coaches players.  Secondly, I hope these guys understand that Nutt has been telling fans and recruits the same thing SINCE 1998, that he was going to open the offense up more and put it in the air, we all know how those assurances worked out.

passinghog

Quote from: SteelShot on March 03, 2008, 03:14:40 pm

I've talked to Coach Vaughn on a number of occasions; He is truly a cool guy, but with that being said, the only thing he seemed to be good at was getting our foot in the door with prospects.
And with foot in the door, I mean our baby toe barely hanging on to the last splinter; and to discuss
his coaching would be a waste a time...NOT even worth a discussion or debate.

How could Otis possibly make a statement like that?
All the BIG TIME prospects Vaughn has got a little in on for us, he NEVER was able to close the deal. EVER. Go check the number of Florida prospects we struck out on in the past 7 years.
Arkansas never locked down the state until AFTER he left and Tim Horton was recruiting coordinator. All Vaughn's been able to prove is that he consistently cannot get the job done, be it coaching and recruiting, despite his likability.
Any Arkansas prospect that is being recruited by him out to be schooled on his track record; whatever position he coached at Arkansas, that unit digressed SEVERLY from the prior season. That is a very easy to prove fact, just ask those the players who he coached.

moley_russells_wart_hog

imho the wildhog was over used and peewee , and if nutt wants to make it a staple if fine with me

Razorvet

Well he only has to win one SEC game and he has brought a new tradition to oxford so I agree Nutt will do well in Oxnard.

HamShank

Quote from: farmhawg on March 03, 2008, 10:46:29 am
You are correct. The only problem that we had last year is without a passing attack there was no balance. He will try to run it but will be one dimensional without passing. The amazing thing is I think he takes all the credit for that formation. I have never heard him give credit to Gus for that set.

He did briefly in one Dem-Azette article.  He said that Gus introduced it and wanted Hillis to run it, but Danny had the idea to install McFadden into it.  Then, at the beginning of last season, he said that formation wasn't Malzahn's.  Amazing.

FBPLAYER65

Nutt talks about the 1998 season like we ran the run and shoot. We were good in the passing game, not great. We had a nice set of WR's and a QB that lacked physical talent but made good decisions. Stoerner regularly checked out of Nutt's ** playcalls. If you go back and watch film the plays were still very elementary. The game has evolved to a point now where that type of offense will not work.

Hoggle

Quote from: 870 RZR on March 03, 2008, 06:12:40 pm
First of all it's kind of sad that Nutt has to go back 10 YEARS to point out a season in which one of his teams actually had a decent passing game, albeit with another coaches players.  Secondly, I hope these guys understand that Nutt has been telling fans and recruits the same thing SINCE 1998, that he was going to open the offense up more and put it in the air, we all know how those assurances worked out.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  Thank you. 

I can't count the number of times Nutt made empty promises about opening it up, and I fell for it for about 8 years (I know, I know, pathetic).  Didn't he go so far as to visit the Rams (off season) when they were the hot thing to get some ideas to "open up the offense."  Then, the same thing.  "Now we can open it up since Matt Jones is gone." Ha Ha.  I've got about 4 straight HawgsIllustrated Football Preview issues where there are almost identical quotes stating, "we didn't use the tight end last year because (fill in the blank), but this year people are going to be surprised." etc.  It never stopped.  He's a liar, tells people what they want to hear and doesn't / can't deliver.  That's why he's gone.

antiono hogderas

You guys must have forgot that Nutt took a two star Dmac and turned him into a first round NFL pick, according to Nutt.

Mad Dog Hog

I got a dead dog and a wounded duck we could trade for otis.....no wait, better just make that a dead dog - don't want to get the raw end of the deal.
UofA Class of '82

Fatmanhog

i say we change the name if it to "the rebel nutts package", or the wild nutt. wtg TCTWF you make you absence that much more pleasant. and yes he will win in oxford, oh i mean 2 or 3 games. thats more than last year. year to year improvement and "im a gonna throw the ball", hehe we all know where he throws it. 5 yard out when we need 15. piss on ole piss and piss on the whole coaching staff that couldnt do more with more.oh almost forgot, they can also change it to otis piss!!!
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

TrojanHog

I never understood the fascination with this formation.  It is the single wing from the ancient times of football.  It's a gimmick that can work a couple of times a game with really good players because defenses aren't ready for it.  When we ran it too much, defenses figured us out.  When all of football was running it 50+ years ago, defenses figured it out, that's why offenses evolved.  There is strength with pre-snap motion, Tulsa did it this year with their QB, it helps the offense read the defense, it moves the defense out of position, we could have done the play with a quarterback and it would have been really dangerous.  D-Mac in motion, a quarterback that could throw, it would have been twice as lethal.