Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas-Ole Miss score predictions

Started by collenfan16, March 02, 2008, 01:12:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

collenfan16

GrizzledHogFan

Arkansas should win this game, but it is on the road, so who knows?

Realistic prediction:
Ole Miss 72, Arkansas 69

Homer prediction:
Arkansas 84, Ole Miss 75
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Boarcephus

This is a must win for us so I'm hopeful the team brings intensity to a road game for a change and if they don't it won't be because of Pelphrey.  Hopefully his "mommy cutting the chicken nuggets up into little pieces" challenges their manhood enough that they play like they're capable of. 

Hogs 72-67
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

jry04

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 02, 2008, 01:39:15 pm
This is a must win for us so I'm hopeful the team brings intensity to a road game for a change and if they don't it won't be because of Pelphrey.  Hopefully his "mommy cutting the chicken nuggets up into little pieces" challenges their manhood enough that they play like they're capable of. 

Hogs 72-67
Must win means lose and we are out of the tournament. We will not be out of the tournament if we lose. Auburn is a must win.

Boarcephus

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on March 02, 2008, 01:40:57 pm
Must win means lose and we are out of the tournament. We will not be out of the tournament if we lose. Auburn is a must win.

I don't share your optimism.  I think with all the flack we got last year by even being in the tournament and then laying another egg in the first round, the selection board will look for reasons to leave us out this year.  IMO, we need to finish strong to insure we get the invite and losing at Oxford could do it for us, especially if we go one and done in the tournament. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

labb

If Patrick Beverley's shot is back we beat Ole Miss by 10. Patrick is the key...I think that we will see a different team on the road this time.

blacksuit

Quote from: gmb_79 on March 02, 2008, 01:26:39 pm
Arkansas should win this game, but it is on the road, so who knows?

Realistic prediction:
Ole Miss 72, Arkansas 69

Homer prediction:
Arkansas 84, Ole Miss 75

This is the bottom line. I agree 100%.

claycohog

Ole Miss by 10.  ESPN Tuesday night game of the week in the SEC will bring out the best for Ole Miss.  I've said it once and I will say it again, anyone who picks these turds to win a road game must be smoking the same crap the players do before they enter the opposing arena.

Razorbacks_77

DSmithNPS

TRYING TRYING to believe......

Ark        68

Ole Piss  60

Razorod

Rebs come out firing with both barrels and Hogs wilt--per usual on the road:

OM 88

Hogs 71
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Adam Stokes

I just can't be confident with this team on the road.

Nuttsacks - 78
Hogs - 65

MDH

This team lost my heart with the 'Bama game, but why the hell not go crazy-

Hogs- 78
Piss- 68
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

The Hog

On the road again.  Should win but probably find a way to lose.
Automatic RUN!

The Realist

Assuming we play like the fags that Pelphrey thinks our team is on the road...L by 9
If we find some cahones and play like we can....Win by 7
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

HeathWimp

Ole Miss 77
Hogs   67

Remember, we have lost 11 out of the last 12 games in Oxford, and we barely beat them here.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

hunterhog11

"If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes."

booogaga

arkansas by 87    HALFTIME!!!!

GO HOGS GO
GO HOGS!

Breems

They just came off a big win... not sure if that'll help or not.  They also just came off a bad loss.

I think Bev will bring his stuff and bury some 3's, Weems plays as usual.  We got it!

Hogs 74
Miss 69
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

IMAballHawg

Im going to pull a homer and call the hogs.
Its an ESPN game and Pel will have them fired up.  He is pissed at them for beating Vandy but looking scared on the road.  He is going to pull out all the stops for this game, and the players will finally respond and win.

Hogs 69
Ole Miss 64
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

mathhog

Arkansas 71
Ole Miss  67

alas, i too will pull a homer.  hogs by 3 late, chris warren misses a game-tying three with under 10 seconds to go.  charles thomas gets a rebound (he's still in there with 15 pts at this point) and is fouled.  ct misses the first, but makes the second in his home state, clinching the hogs' 20th win, sealing a top 30 rpi after beating a top 50 team on the road, and virtually guaranteeing a THIRD ncaa bid for these seniors.

Hollywood_HOGan45

i have no confidence that these guys can win on the road after that clunker in alabama.

OM-71
Arkansas-63

gonna have to beat Auburn at home and then win a game in Atlanta

Hogginitall

I cannot pick this team to win on the road, especially in Oxford.  We've been terrible there for YEARS.  I'll say:

Old Moss  74
Arkansas  68

Man, I hope I'm wrong.  I wish this team would just snap out of it for the last two regular season games and win this one on the road!  That would all but cement our NCAA bid.  They should be confident from the win against Vandy, but they still have a loser's mentality resonating somewhere in their heads.  If things don't go well from the outset, this team is DONE on the road.

Here's to hoping they get off to a hot start.

Grateful Hog

No one is scoring over 70 points. Will most likely be a sloppy/defensive battle like the Alabama game. (hopefully not that ugly).

Beverly has some confidence. Weems is playing clutch. And Townes is finally playing like he should.  We will ride these three for the rest of the season.

Hogs 64
Rebs 60

cnasty

We must play like our tournement life depends on this game. But there is not much to give us confidence going on the road.
OM 76
Ark 61

rhunter05

ARK/OM  not in HD on Tues, per ESPN Guide.  That SUCKKKKS

Atreyu

1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

mathhog

Arkansas by 5-7 points.

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!

Dropkick

Due to our teams "uncanny ability to #### things up" I pick OM. I so hope I am terribly wrong.

verticalhog

footballhog57

I've always been a homer and will always be a homer. I think we get reved up for ESPN and Beverley keeps his shot going ( if only he could find his free throw shot again) If we take any kind of intensity with us we're winning this. Defensive game though...
UA-65
OM-57

jst01

They have done nothing in the past to make me think they can beat a good team on the road.

Miss 64
AR   60

PeytonManningSUCKS

March 04, 2008, 10:44:40 am #32 Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 10:48:02 am by RanSolo
We win this one that gives us 4 road wins?  Did Stan ever have 4 road wins in one season? Maybe once, but I don't know.

Hogs 82
Ole Piss 78

Edit: 05-06 season we had 4 road wins with Ronnie Brewer.

PeytonManningSUCKS

Razorback88

A win tonight and the only question will be who we play on the opening weekend.  These seniors should step up in their final road game and get a win.  The problem is that they don't care enough to get it done.

Ole Miss 71
Hogs 64

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: Razorback88 on March 04, 2008, 11:07:24 am
A win tonight and the only question will be who we play on the opening weekend.  These seniors should step up in their final road game and get a win.  The problem is that they don't care enough to get it done.

Ole Miss 71
Hogs 64
You're just mad cause Dana Altman left.  hahaha jk

Razorback88

Quote from: RanSolo on March 04, 2008, 11:25:05 am
You're just mad cause Dana Altman left.  hahaha jk

Haha, you know it.  Box scores like this really make me wish he was still around.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=280260079

elksnort

If Arkansas scores over 75, Arkansas wins.
If Arkansas scores less than 75, Ole Miss wins.

Any thoughts?

jst01

Quote from: elksnort on March 04, 2008, 02:25:59 pm

Any thoughts?

I think the magic number is 70 and for Ole Miss.  IF they break 70, we lose.  Most teams that break 70 beat us. 

elksnort

74 is the most points we have scored and lost. It was at Mississippi State. This team does not seem to do as well in the "ugly" (low scoring) games.

I think that if we can score 75 points or more, I really like our chance. Playing on the road in the SEC, a team must be prepared to play well enough to compensate the bad calls that they probably will get. Aim beyond the goal.

kimjongsqUeAl

Ole Miss ~ 66
AR ~ 59

Another frustrating road loss for the Hoggies, John Pelphrey sets up early retirement fund.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

BCShogs

Razorback88

Quote from: elksnort on March 04, 2008, 02:25:59 pm

Any thoughts?

Assuming Ole Miss scores exactly 75, you're right on the money!

yraciv

I'm going to pick the Hogs on the road.  I said we'd win one against Bama or Ole Miss, so I'll stick to it.
Hogs 72
Rebs 65

Smokehouse

Ole Piss - 76
Hogs - 65

makes me sick, but no reason so far for me to pick us on the road.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Breems

What are Ole Miss' strength, weaknesses?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

johnfanman

Im going with blind faith...ark 85
                             ole piss 71
Watching the Hogs through hell or high water.

Dropkick

opineonswine

Acorn hog