Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Houston Pruitt, Safety, Class of 2010, Already Holds Offer

Started by Wes Craven, February 29, 2008, 07:43:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wes Craven

Houston Pruitt is a Safety for the Har-Ber Wildcats. He was selected to the Arkansas Democrat Gazette Super Sophomore Team as well as 7A West All Conference Team. He has been listed as a Rivals.com Top 40 member for the Class of 2010 in Arkansas and currently holds and offer from the Tulsa Golden Hurricane. As a sophomore he made 103 tackles and had 7 interceptions. Check him out and remember his name.

Hawg-U

Houston... as in Houston Nutt, and Pruitt as in Theresa Pruitt?

I love it! A German genetic scientist couldn't have thought up a more strange spawn.

ArKan5a5 KiD

Quote from: Hawg-U on March 01, 2008, 03:01:25 am

I love it! A German genetic scientist couldn't have thought up a more strange spawn.

You beat me to it! I was fixing to make the comparison with the Houston and Pruitt part. Sure does seem kinda fishy to me!

SquidBilly

Quote from: Hawg-U on March 01, 2008, 03:01:25 am

But if he had any Teresa Pruitt in him wouldn't he be as big as an O-lineman?

arkjay19

If he's good enough to get offers from anywhere as early as a sophomore, then there's no way he only goes somewhere as good as Tulsa.

Wes Craven

Quote from: arkjay19 on March 01, 2008, 10:16:17 pm
If he's good enough to get offers from anywhere as early as a sophomore, then there's no way he only goes somewhere as good as Tulsa.

He is the first sophomore to receive a Division I offer since Darren McFadden got his Arkansas offer as a 10th grader.

Zen_Hog

Quote from: Wes Craven on March 01, 2008, 11:45:17 pm
He is the first sophomore to receive a Division I offer since Darren McFadden got his Arkansas offer as a 10th grader.

Didn't Matt Hall commit as a Sophomre?

Wes Craven

Hall committed at the USC game at the beginning of his junior year. I can't be sure when the Hogs offered. It might have been a week before or or 6 months. It escapes me.

Adam Stokes

I feel sorry for the kid with a name like that.  Nonetheless 103 tackles is awesome for a DB, not to mention 7 INT's as a sophomore ain't too shabby.  He will, however, need to improve on his 4.59 40 time, but he has two years to do that.

UltimateHog

Agree'd, a 4.59 40 would get roasted badly in the SEC, unless he can jam like a Al Harris which I highly doubt.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: UltimateHog on March 02, 2008, 05:01:37 am
Agree'd, a 4.59 40 would get roasted badly in the SEC, unless he can jam like a Al Harris which I highly doubt.

4.59 is fast enough for a safety.  There were several successful safeties who ran 4.6 or slower at the combine.  I am sure Tony Bua, Ken Hamlin, and Matt Hewitt are the not 4.4 guys either. 

UltimateHog

Sorry but Ken Hamlin, Tony Bua, and Matt Hewitt didn't play in todays new age, the spread option, which REQUIRES speed on D to stop, especially at Safety.

4.59 for a Safety playing up against the option would get roasted over the top.

And wasen't Hewitt our Safety this past season? Our secondary sure was solid :sarcasm:
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

pignparadise

Hey he's just 16 years old. Are those wide outs whose roasting him 16. Hell no. He will get faster in two years. I saw him all year.My son played with him at Har-Ber. He is the real deal. In the summer after his NINTH grade year, he won the Most Valuable Defensive Player at the Tulsa Hurricane Senior High Team camp.He was a hitter and had an uncanny nose for the ball even though he was a year and most of the time two years younger than the people he faced in Arkansas's largest classification.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

Wes Craven

Guys he is a sophomore. Most player make their greatest stride as an athlete from their 10th to 11th grade year. The fact that he runs a 4.59 is very good as a sophomore. that is a legit hand held number. It wasn't timed by Billy Bob Smith on the track at Cotton Patch, Arkansas.

Wes Craven

Quote from: UltimateHog on March 03, 2008, 10:00:39 am
Sorry but Ken Hamlin, Tony Bua, and Matt Hewitt didn't play in todays new age, the spread option, which REQUIRES speed on D to stop, especially at Safety.

4.59 for a Safety playing up against the option would get roasted over the top.

And wasen't Hewitt our Safety this past season? Our secondary sure was solid :sarcasm:

First of all please never mention Matt Hewitt in the same breath with Ken Hamlin and Tony Bua ever again. Second you are saying unintelligent things. You are aware Ken Hamlin made the Pro Bowl this year right? I guess he couldn't play against the Spread Option. As for Bua he is Arkansas' All Time leading tackler. A ball player plain and simple. Do some homework before you make uninformed comments.

cosmodrum

Before I entered this thread, I thought surely it was a joke, based on the name. I was expecting some goofy photoshop or something.
Go away, batin'

IMAballHawg

We have to recruit this kid!

Man what an unfortunate name.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

UltimateHog

Dear Wes Cravin, please note I was responding to the post above mine which gave those three players names.

And 2, do not tell me not to say ''unintelligent'' things ever again because Ken Hamlin making the pro bowl has nothing to do with the spread option...considering there is no OPTION in the freaking NFL. I suggest you know WTH you are talking about before you call someone out.

And once again, those guys didn't play against the spread option that so many teams are now running (Michigan, Auburn, LSU, WVU). The spread option is fairly new, and catching on quick. It's a much different game now then it was in 2001.

And yes this kid is just 16, so hopefully he can get into the 4.4's.

Wes Craven

March 03, 2008, 02:34:15 pm #18 Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 03:34:02 pm by Wes Craven
Quote from: UltimateHog on March 03, 2008, 11:28:52 am
Dear Wes Cravin, please note I was responding to the post above mine which gave those three players names.

And 2, do not tell me not to say ''unintelligent'' things ever again because Ken Hamlin making the pro bowl has nothing to do with the spread option...considering there is no OPTION in the freaking NFL. I suggest you know WTH you are talking about before you call someone out.

And once again, those guys didn't play against the spread option that so many teams are now running (Michigan, Auburn, LSU, WVU). The spread option is fairly new, and catching on quick. It's a much different game now then it was in 2001.

And yes this kid is just 16, so hopefully he can get into the 4.4's.

You are arguing with the wrong person. Football is what I do. Auburn and LSU do not even run the Spread Option. LSU runs a Pro I offense for the most part as does Auburn. Now with the hiring of Troy's OC and the emergence of Kodi Burns I am sure we will see Auburn run more of the Spread Option attack.

The Spread Optiond doesn't affect the Free Safeties near as much as it does the Strong Safeties. Strong Safeties must play close to the line of scrimmage more often and be able to run the alleys when their responsibility is the Tailback. The Defensive ends are primarily responsible for the Quarterback in Spread Option schemes. Outside Linebackers may get cracked back on therefore making the Tailback the responsibility of the Strong Safety who is already probably no more than 6-10 yards off the line of scrimmage. If you are going to talk football please know coverages and scheme before you come to me with some weak opinion.

havok

As a Soph. 4.59,  40 is pretty good.  You have to figure this kid is still growing and his muscles have alot of Maturing to go...  His hasn't even scratched the potential I bet.. and if he is making that many tackles, he has a very High Football IQ, to be in the right place and time..

pignparadise

March 03, 2008, 06:26:24 pm #20 Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 06:35:40 pm by pignparadise
Quote from: theProdigy on March 03, 2008, 04:30:08 pm
Yeah, he sure played well against Fayetteville in the title game.... what was the final score in that one?
Get Over It! It took Har Ber 2 years to go from nothing to the State Championship Game ( yes Har-Ber won the Conference and beat Fayetteville in the regular season) It took the mightly Purple Dogs over 100 years to ever get to the Championship Game.Maybe because they had to play Springdale every year. So don't get jealous cause we are talking up a Springdale kid. By the way in the first game against the mighty Purple Dogs which Har Ber won, Houston had 14 tackles and in the State Campionship game he had 8 tackles and 1 interception so you will get to see him two more years.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

UltimateHog

Okay once again Wes Craven you are making no sense.

Now you are making excuses for a SS when your post just says he's a Safety. Once again, A 4.6 is not fast enough for Safety in the SEC. Luckily he has time to get quicker.

And as for LSU, they ran some spread option with Matt Flynn, and will run alot more with Perilloux. Auburn will be all spread option. And others teams i'm sure will pick it up by the time this kid gets in college.

And I know football very well also thanks, your telling me nothing I don't already know. The SS covers the RB unless option which he has to play both or hope his DE or LB forces a pitch. And last I checked SEC RB's are quicker than a 4.6. Doesn't Perilloux and Burns run 4.4's?

And I have never seen or heard of a CB covering a QB. You cheat up with Safetys and put your CB's on the QB your going to get roasted with an option pass. DE spy's and LB spy's take care of the QB. Then you'll put your OLB on the RB. Jamaal Anderson ran a DE spy to perfection: See SEC champ game when he caught Leak's toss and scored, not a Safety. You've gotta have a Safety covering one of the 4 WR's otherwise your stuck with slower LB's on them and that's a disaster.

We all have our theories so whatever, your sticking up for this kid because you know/like him and thats fine. Truth is a 4.6 won't cut it anymore, luckily/hopefully he can improve these next 2 years.

Beaverfever

If it is a legit 4.59 it is borderline impressive.  LSU's top two CB's this year ran 4.6's at the combine. 

Mr. Prozac

4.59 isn't that slow by 2008 NFL draft prospect standards.

http://warroomreport.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=48&Itemid=66

Hog Fan from Camden

Hawgballz

Quote from: Mr. Prozac on March 03, 2008, 09:17:26 pm

Hell no.

According to your link, 6 of the top ten safety prespects ran in the 4.5's and Pruitt is already as fast or faster than 9 of the top 25 and he is only 16.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Hawgballz

Quote from: UltimateHog on March 03, 2008, 07:15:45 pm
Okay once again Wes Craven you are making no sense.

Now you are making excuses for a SS when your post just says he's a Safety. Once again, A 4.6 is not fast enough for Safety in the SEC. Luckily he has time to get quicker.

And as for LSU, they ran some spread option with Matt Flynn, and will run alot more with Perilloux. Auburn will be all spread option. And others teams i'm sure will pick it up by the time this kid gets in college.

And I know football very well also thanks, your telling me nothing I don't already know. The SS covers the RB unless option which he has to play both or hope his DE or LB forces a pitch. And last I checked SEC RB's are quicker than a 4.6. Doesn't Perilloux and Burns run 4.4's?

And I have never seen or heard of a CB covering a QB. You cheat up with Safetys and put your CB's on the QB your going to get roasted with an option pass. DE spy's and LB spy's take care of the QB. Then you'll put your OLB on the RB. Jamaal Anderson ran a DE spy to perfection: See SEC champ game when he caught Leak's toss and scored, not a Safety. You've gotta have a Safety covering one of the 4 WR's otherwise your stuck with slower LB's on them and that's a disaster.

We all have our theories so whatever, your sticking up for this kid because you know/like him and thats fine. Truth is a 4.6 won't cut it anymore, luckily/hopefully he can improve these next 2 years.

Get a clue, 4.59 for a 16 year old safety with his skills is very impressive.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

UltimateHog

Quote from: Mr. Prozac on March 03, 2008, 09:17:26 pm

Thanks for proving my point, thats why this Safety class has been touted as the weakest in years, and got an F with 0 first round prospects. Gotta have speed bud.

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: UltimateHog on March 03, 2008, 10:37:56 pm
Thanks for proving my point, thats why this Safety class has been touted as the weakest in years, and got an F with 0 first round prospects. Gotta have speed bud.
I realize that you have to have speed, but sub-4.5 safeties are not the norm. 4.5-4.6 is fairly common--even for BCS schools. So far as SEC safeties signed this year, 2 years older that Pruitt, a couple are listed at 4.4, but most are 4.5-4.7. Granted, a few may convert to LB, but even if you look at the 4-star signees, many are in the 4.5-4.6 range.

http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1833

UltimateHog

Lower 4.5's are doable, but this kid was a 4.59 basically a 4.6, the sec is known for speed and quick D's.

Again, he is only 16 so he can improve, hopefully into the high 4.4's or around a 5.2 would be great.

We don't want slow safeties like we had back with Batman, that SEC champ game still haunts me. And the Bama game 2 years ago when Hall was 15 yards behind our safety for a 70 yard TD. I'm just tired of a mediocre secondary that gets baked weekly. And yes some was Herring's fault, but not that much, those kids just were/are not very good.

I'm as excited for Ward is I am Petrino. I LOVE great physical shut down D's with playmaking secondary's. I'm pumped for whats in store.

Wes Craven

March 04, 2008, 11:03:15 am #30 Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 11:07:56 am by Wes Craven
Quote from: UltimateHog on March 04, 2008, 01:41:49 am
Lower 4.5's are doable, but this kid was a 4.59 basically a 4.6, the sec is known for speed and quick D's.

Again, he is only 16 so he can improve, hopefully into the high 4.4's or around a 5.2 would be great.

We don't want slow safeties like we had back with Batman, that SEC champ game still haunts me. And the Bama game 2 years ago when Hall was 15 yards behind our safety for a 70 yard TD. I'm just tired of a mediocre secondary that gets baked weekly. And yes some was Herring's fault, but not that much, those kids just were/are not very good.

I'm as excited for Ward is I am Petrino. I LOVE great physical shut down D's with playmaking secondary's. I'm pumped for whats in store.

Batman Carroll was a cornerback. Why do I continue to argue with a guy who doesn't know the difference between Cover 2 and Man Free? In a Spread option scheme the Weakside Defensive End is responsible for making sure the quarterback doesn't pull it and run similar to what Matt Jones and Vince Yound used to do. The Strongside End will be responsible for the Quarterback if they run true option to his side and the Strong Safety and Outside Linebacker will be responsible for the pitch. Most likely the OLB will be cracked back on and will leave the SS to make the play on the pitch. Buddy you are arguing with a guy who played for 13 years all the way through college and coached for 3 years and now does recruiting and promotion for a living. Give it up. For everyone arguing with this goon he is obviously one of these people who can't see that he is in disagreement with EVERYONE on the issue but yet still feels he is right. I can picture him sitting at the end of the bar drinking beer and eating peanuts talking about how he knows more about football than Bill Belicek.

UltimateHog

You just said everything I said above you. The DE, the LB, the SS and their assignments. I said what you just described above. Jesus.

And no stuff Batman was a CB, everyone knows that, I never said he wasen't. Cover 2 is shallow zones with the Safety's playing over the top on the weak and strong side.

Wes Craven

Quote from: Cooper on March 04, 2008, 06:33:20 pm
I'm going to skip the part about his unfortunate name. I'm also going to pass up on the kid's athletic ability. I came here to complain about that website? Was it designed in 1996? It is horrible all the way around.

The website's aren't meant to be full of glitz and glamour they are designed to be vehicles of information. Plain and simple. They have what a college coach needs to see.