Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6 seniors I won't miss

Started by HiggiePiggy, February 23, 2008, 04:21:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bao187

February 23, 2008, 08:48:11 pm #50 Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 08:53:57 pm by bao187
i am glad i live in ft smith, and got to see Weems play at UA-Fort Smith, the young man is amazing, and i hope that some NBA team will look at him seriously and give him a chance
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

jbcarol

Quote from: bao187 on February 23, 2008, 08:48:11 pm
i am glad i live in ft smith, and got to see Weems play UA-Fort Smith, the young man is amazing, and i hope that some NBA team will look at him seriously and give him a chance

He got national exposure today.  Good half.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

BradyHolzhauer

I'd keep Weems in a heartbeat though

jbcarol

Quote from: BradyHolzhauer on February 23, 2008, 09:32:03 pm
I'd keep Weems in a heartbeat though

He's had a great year and come through as folks have concentrated on Bev.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hogz87

Quote from: jbcarol on February 23, 2008, 10:26:01 pm
He's had a great year and come through as folks have concentrated on Bev.

And teams haven't been focusing on Weems during conference play?  I'm sorry but I never thought Beverly was going to be a great player.  He came on and surprised people last year because no one knew much about him.  Now, teams have proven it doesn't take a whole lot to slow him down.  The difference between Beverly and Weems is that Weems is 6'6" and a freak athlete that has an explosive jump shot that is almost impossible to affect when he is at the peak of his release.  Beverly is an undersized SG, that has been a bit of a dissapointment this year after the very good numbers he put up as a freshman.

Hogz87

Quote from: 4thdownnutt on February 23, 2008, 05:28:26 pm
S Hill in the NBA-- kidding right?  he's not even all SEC.  NBA are you kidding?  Weema has a slight chance.  Do people actually realize how many good college players their are?  And not all can go to the nba

Two other previous posters made my point about Hill.  I never said he would be drafted, but he will catch on somewhere.  Like it has already stated, 7 footers that are good shot blockers and good defenders are very valuable as backups, especially in the playoffs.

If you don't think Weems has played himself into a draft spot this June then you are a moron.  The big knock on Weems other than his ballhandling(which still needs to improve) was him being inconsistent from the outside.  I think he has put that to rest in the past 5 or 6 games.  I still don't think he will be able to be a good three point shooter from NBA range, but he has shown he is very capable of exploding off the floor from 15-20 feet out and knocking down the jumpshot.  He is 6'6" and shoots the ball very high above his head, and like I already stated gets off the ground very well on his shot, meaning it is heard to disrupt his jumper.

MCPeePants

Quote from: Hog1952 on February 23, 2008, 06:06:39 pm

Darien Townes must piss everyone off, because every week his play on the court would indicate that he should start and play until he is ready to drop. 

Maybe so...if you're only watching the one end of the court that Arkansas shoots on each half.

Yeah, I'd say he probably pisses his coaches off because he refuses to play any defense whatsoever.

And he probably pisses his teammates off by being such a black hole on offense.

bao187

ha MCPeePants how many people have actually realized where your name comes from? big ATHF fan here
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

MCPeePants

Quote from: Hogz87 on February 24, 2008, 12:34:49 am
Two other previous posters made my point about Hill.  I never said he would be drafted, but he will catch on somewhere.  Like it has already stated, 7 footers that are good shot blockers and good defenders are very valuable as backups, especially in the playoffs.

He may get a shot in some camps but he's gonna get pushed around by NBA centers, big time. That's gonna certainly limit his defensive effectiveness. More importantly, he doesn't rebound. That will probably regulate him to the NBDL.

So he's basically a guy who can block a few shots but will get pushed around on defense, doesn't rebound, and more or less makes it like you're playing 4 on 5 on offense. That's probably not enough to stick anywhere even as a 12th man.     

Hogz87

I don't know.  I think if someone would get with him, get in his head and tell him that he is indeed 7 feet tall, that he could pass for an average rebounder.  If he doesnt' get drafted then he will probably lead a life of ten day contracts in the NBA and playing over seas.

Brownie Tuggle

We lost to one of the worst Kentucky teams ever! Can Steven Hill give us just one all out balls to the wall game before he leaves to teach school and play in the NBA next year?????????