Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ARKANSAS @ KENTUCKY(SEC BASKETBALL RIVALRY) WHO WINS??

Started by 40MINSOFHELL, February 20, 2008, 10:08:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

40MINSOFHELL

Pigonometry

I've been saying for weeks that we match up EXTREMELY well with Kentucky.  Plus, the Hogs will be jacked up to get Coach Pel a win in his home state. 

Hogs 76-65
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

CurlyTail

Hogs- 80
UK- 71

Pel better be wearing some red! But most importantly NO BLUE!

;D

mathhog

ky is too SMALL

ARKANSAS 85
KENTUCKY 68

Thomas, Townes get 15+ each.  Big men rule the day.  Hogs shoot 80% on FTs.  Cats cold from 3.

cardinalhawg

I know that we have won some road games this season, but we really need one over a team that we have struggled against over the last few seasons.  We will be sitting pretty if we can somehow win two of the last three road games.

I say the Hogs turn the corner this weekend and win at Kentucky.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: PorkOpine on February 20, 2008, 10:15:49 pm
UK wasn't very impressive vs Georgia.  UGA beat Arkansas.  Arkansas hasn't won in Lexington in over 200 years...give or take a few decades.

Hell, I don't know.  Ask me again when it's over.

wow 200 years....Arkansas and Kentucky hasnt been a state for 200 years...i think we havent won in rupp since 1995

elkhog

GO HOGS!!!

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: PorkOpine on February 20, 2008, 10:22:01 pm
PLEASE tell me you aren't serious.  If you cannot understand this level of sarcasm there's no hope for you.

of course i seen ur sarcasm but i was giving u facts :D

40MINSOFHELL

phadedhawg

I'm excited about this game.  I hope our team shows up to play.  It would be great to get a win against UK.

Hogs4Ever

Hogs are due a win against UK.  I say we pull one out and win a close one, 74-69 Hogs.  WPS!!  :razorback: :razorback:

Razorbacks_77

I say the Hogs win in a close one. Pel will have them pumped enough to pull it out.

Hogs 73
Wildcats 70

Marc Maggard

My guess is that Pel will try to make this game less about emotion....I doubt he tries to "pump" his team up.....the last thing you'd want to do coming into Rupp the first time is to have it be about emotion.

Arkansas will want to come out with good execution and play within the scheme of their game to win at Rupp in this game.

Obviously, I predict the cats win....I've never predicted them to lose....haha....I just don't say anything if I think they can't win a game.

It'll be a fun game.

mm

Jazorback

mathhog

Quote from: Marc Maggard on February 21, 2008, 12:41:52 am
My guess is that Pel will try to make this game less about emotion....I doubt he tries to "pump" his team up.....the last thing you'd want to do coming into Rupp the first time is to have it be about emotion.

Arkansas will want to come out with good execution and play within the scheme of their game to win at Rupp in this game.

Obviously, I predict the cats win....I've never predicted them to lose....haha....I just don't say anything if I think they can't win a game.

It'll be a fun game.

mm

marc, if you're still around, i can't get anything emailed to me to register/authorize myself for kentuckyink.com... don't know what's wrong, i emailed you earlier.  i'd love to read your board with the 'cats coming up on arkansas' schedule... let me know how i can register over there.  thanks~!

40MINSOFHELL

hey, can someone see what the kentucky fans are saying about this game, i would like to know??

yraciv

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 21, 2008, 01:12:55 am
hey, can someone see what the kentucky fans are saying about this game, i would like to know??

Kentucky fans are still thinking they can win the SEC. lol

40MINSOFHELL

tennhogfan

No score from me. Road game. No shot.

UK by 20

I don't like it either, just would like to think a team with a chance to win the west could win a road game. Just don't believe it.

mathhog

Quote from: tennhogfan on February 21, 2008, 01:32:36 am
just would like to think a team with a chance to win the west could win a road game. Just don't believe it.

Hmmm....

http://www.razorbloggers.net/index.php/2007/03/arkansas-82-vanderbilt-67/
http://www.razorbloggers.net/index.php/2007/01/arkansas-63-alabama-57/
http://www.razorbloggers.net/index.php/2008/01/arkansas-68-lsu-52/
http://www.razorbloggers.net/index.php/2008/01/arkansas-76-auburn-70/

seriously, though, i get what you are saying, we are INCONSISTENT on the road.

but this year, we ARE 2-3 on the road, with one of those 3 being at the #2 team in the nation that has lost three times at home since pearl was coach.   2 wins already with 2 more probable road wins on the way.

pigface

I have Billy Gillespie with still the final word on Frank Broyles.

UK by 25

want2be

Pel should have them ready like they were for Florida...they will need to step it up on defense and not depend just depend on 3 pointers on the road...................Razorbacks by 4

claycohog

We should win but won't.  We leave Rupp with an unexcusable loss.  I just can't pick these turds to win on the road.

PeytonManningSUCKS

I'm going, my first time in Rupp.  We need the 3 ball percentage to stay up there and Steven Hill needs to keep PP in check.  This building has our coaches number in the rafters... He's got our kids ready to play.  Hogs by 6.  WOOO PIGS!

Hollywood_HOGan45

i always doubt this team any time it plays on the road but i think our guys FINALLY get over the hump and get a huge W in Rupp.

UK is a team we match up very well against.

The last time we played there we had a HUGE HUGE HUGE lead and in perfect stan heath fashion, gave it away in the second half.

cosmodrum

If we're gonna beat KY Jelly in Rupp, this is the year to do it.
Go away, batin'

Hoggish1

Quote from: mathhog on February 20, 2008, 10:12:37 pm
ky is too SMALL

ARKANSAS 85
KENTUCKY 68

Thomas, Townes get 15+ each.  Big men rule the day.  Hogs shoot 80% on FTs.  Cats cold from 3.

Boy, I'd really like to believe that, but I think it is a close game.  BCG coaches that way and his team this year is designed to win close games in the last 4 minutes with their tenacious D. 

Pel knows we need to bring a tough D to counter what they'll come with.

Razorback88

If you only look at Kentucky's schedule since January 1, they've been a very solid team.  The loss at Vanderbilt was an aberration.  This game is absolutely winnable, but I think it's our toughest game remaining on the schedule.  Even if we don't win Saturday we should still be able to get to 10 SEC wins.

ALLVOL

Y'all should win this game. I know you guys already know this but all the hogs have to do to win is be smart on the court. If you do you will win. KY cannot run with you at all. Go nail them hard!

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 21, 2008, 01:12:55 am
What wrong?  Are you afraid to visit other schools message boards since the Vols kicked our butt and made a fool out of you after the game?

qhhog

The team with more KY tradition wins an ugly game.  59  54 Hogs.
If you always think what you've always thought, you'll always say what you've always said.  If you always say what you always said you'll always do what you've always done.  If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. Time for a change.  Change=BP WPS GHG

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on February 21, 2008, 01:53:24 pm
What wrong?  Are you afraid to visit other schools message boards since the Vols kicked our butt and made a fool out of you after the game?

not afraid, made of fool of me LOL...sure the vols kicked our butt THIS YEAR, why dont u stfu

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on February 21, 2008, 01:53:24 pm

our butt??? why did u say "our", arent u the person that was in the vol chat room talkin darn about arkansas

jbcarol

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 21, 2008, 01:45:26 pm
Y'all should win this game. I know you guys already know this but all the hogs have to do to win is be smart on the court. If you do you will win. KY cannot run with you at all. Go nail them hard!

I hope so.  I don't think UK can hang with the Top Tier in the SEC.  Even at home.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: qhhog on February 21, 2008, 02:12:50 pm
The team with more KY tradition wins an ugly game.  59  54 Hogs.

KY does have more KY tradition that's true.

WADHOG

If we make our free throws, we win, if not, we don't.  I see lots of fouls in the paint for fairly evenly matched teams.  Townes, Hill, and Thomas need to make their free throws.  No one gets calls on the road in the SEC, but to say we lose by 25 is a bit much to me.

NEAHawgfan

Quote from: claycohog on February 21, 2008, 09:00:37 am
We should win but won't.  We leave Rupp with an unexcusable loss.  I just can't pick these turds to win on the road.
I totally agree. Come on guys, it's on the road for God's sake!!!!!!

Kentucky  77
Hogs  60

BCShogs

Quote from: NEAHawgfan on February 21, 2008, 03:34:02 pm
I totally agree. Come on guys, it's on the road for God's sake!!!!!!

Kentucky  77
Hogs  60

We are due for a big win on the road and Pel will have them ready for Kentucky.

Hogs 72
Kentucky 69

Tomhog™

The ingredients are there for a recipe of success in Lexington.  If the team comes out with a sense of urgency, a high level of intensity and focus, and play like they are capable of, they should be Kentucky by 10-12.  If they fail to execute, make foolish play after foolish play, or if they play with any amount of lethargy this senior class is known for, then KY will make AR pay and we will be left saying, WTH?

razorgary

If the hogs run the offense like they did the 1st. 7 minutes, we will win. If we free lance, and rely on our shooting, we will loose. Did anyone notice that we quit running the pick and roll, and dbl. pick screen after we got a big lead. Was Pel saving it or did we just decide to free lance. That is great if you are hitting your shots. That was the best offense I have seen them run and they looked like they was all on the same page and then it left. Did anyone else notice that?

catfanNar

Quote from: jbcarol on February 21, 2008, 02:53:00 pm
I hope so.  I don't think UK can hang with the Top Tier in the SEC.  Even at home.
I guess Tennessee isn't top tier?

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

catfanNar

Quote from: jbcarol on February 21, 2008, 04:23:13 pm
Great avatar.  The best walk-on ever.  Ever.
Cameron Mills was a good one too. He hit a couple big shots I can remember  ;)

zorbacks06

Billy Clyde deserves a good a#s whuppin for his unconsumated foreplay with the Hog Nation.
86 - 70 Hogs Revenge.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 21, 2008, 02:51:32 pm
our butt??? why did u say "our", arent u the person that was in the vol chat room talkin crap about arkansas
Sorry 40minutesofsmell I just read to see what the opponents say.  I do not make stupid statements on other folks board because like you, I do noy like to eat stupid statements as you evidently do.  They called you out and you ran. 

Why are you asking others to read for you?  Have you learned your lesson?  You hit me with a smite, ouch that really hurt considering the person it came from. 

Hogwildandwired

If we shoot like we did wed than its our but seeing how road games this year arnt good for us who know ???
ALL RED IS RAZORBACK RED

NWAREDBUG

We come out focused and play hard early and win by 8, a huge road win for the hogs.

mathhog