Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky may be the worst 8-3 team in SEC history........

Started by Pigonometry, February 19, 2008, 11:06:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggish1

February 21, 2008, 11:26:54 am #50 Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 11:44:06 am by Hoggish1
Quote from: Oliver Miller on February 20, 2008, 12:15:59 am
They are going to have to win the SEC Tournament to make the NCAA Tournament.  Mark it down!

They have five games left.  They can lose to us and TN and finish 11-5 in conference.  All they will then have to do is win one game in the SEC tourney and they are in at 18-13. 

They are KY and the committee would not dare leave them out, IMO.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 21, 2008, 11:26:54 am
They have five games left.  They can lose to us and TN and finish 11-5 in conference.  all they will then have to do it win one game in the SEC tourney and they are in at 18-13. 

They are KY and the committee would not dare leave them out, IMO.

IMO, if they are 11-5 in the SEC, they are in.  I think the NCAATSC is going to give less weight this year to conf tournaments. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hogginitall on February 20, 2008, 09:58:27 am
Even if they go 11-5 in the SEC, they shouldn't get in.  They would be 17-12 going into the SEC tournament with a 41-point loss to Vandy and losses to UAB, Houston, Gardner-Webb, and San Diego.  They've come a long way, but they still shouldn't get in short of winning the SEC Tournament....and MAYBE getting to the Tourney Championship game.

Just my opinion.

I think the 40 Pt loss to Vandy was a strange turn for KY and I think the choosers will throw it out.  Just like I don't think TN is 20+ better than us.

Ouachihog

If they don't beat us, they are in trouble.  They finish with Ole Miss, @ Tennessee, @ South Carolina, and Florida. 

However, if they beat us, they are looking at 10-3 heading to Knoxville. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

SwinerBock

Are they the worst team ever with an SEC record of 8-3?  I don't know about that.  I tend to think that they are probably one of the best teams ever with an overall record of 14-10.  They did beat Tennessee in Rupp, and we haven't exactly shown much on the road. 

Marc Maggard

Quote from: Hihog on February 21, 2008, 11:24:21 am
Your right Wild Bill Hog, they'll get in with 10 wins because they are who they are.

Well, EVERY SEC team that has had 10 wins has gotten in, so I don't know if it would be "because they are who they are".

mm