Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

the national champion LSU TIGERS OFFER

Started by kobe24, February 19, 2008, 01:08:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kobe24

The_Hill

John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

BealeStreetHog

5* would be a great place to start next year...  and beat some of the other SEC big boys!

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: kobe24 on February 19, 2008, 01:08:21 pm
DARIUS WINSTON WOW!!!!

I might have spoke to early in saying he would not recieve a 5 star rating.  The fact that schools are still coming after him despite his Arkansas commitment shows how good he must be.   

Nutts and Bolts

Do we have anything to worry about with this kid? 100% ?
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

Zen_Hog

Quote from: Nutts and Bolts on February 19, 2008, 03:23:13 pm

I think he'll stick with the hogs, although he'll probably take his visits and enjoy the recruitment process.

porknbeans

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on February 19, 2008, 03:42:32 pm
This may be a carry over from the transfer of Ryan Mallett and signings of Adams and Curtis.. maybe

Having incoming players like that can only help.
Never wrestle with a Hog - you get dirty and the Hog likes it

kobe24

from wut iam hearing from the coaches is that they havent seen a highschool kid with the ball and cover skills that he has he is well advance because most kids are turned in into corners when they get on campus this kid is already one and that is rare for a highschool kid and its helps to have 4.3 speed to boot

HedgeDweller

Quote from: Nutts and Bolts on February 19, 2008, 03:23:13 pm

Helena is a LONG ways from Fayetteville...
Plus you can practically throw a rock from there and hit Starkville and Oxford.
Hopefully proximity will have no effect.

kobe24

COCHISE

Quote from: HedgeDweller on February 19, 2008, 06:31:35 pm
Helena is a LONG ways from Fayetteville...
Plus you can practically throw a rock from there and hit Starkville and Oxford.
Hopefully proximity will have no effect.
Texarkana, Warren, and Camden are a long way from Fayetteville too, if Darius wants to be a Razorback as bad as it seems, kinda like Youngblood, it shouldn't be a factor.

HedgeDweller

Quote from: 870 RZR on February 19, 2008, 06:39:59 pm
Texarkana, Warren, and Camden are a long way from Fayetteville too, if Darius wants to be a Razorback as bad as it seems, kinda like Youngblood, it shouldn't be a factor.

Yes, but there are no other SEC colleges as close in proximity to Warren or Camden as Helena.
Hope you're right.
But just sayin'.

COCHISE

Quote from: HedgeDweller on February 19, 2008, 06:44:21 pm
Yes, but there are no other SEC colleges as close in proximity to Warren or Camden as Helena.
Hope you're right.
But just sayin'.

He's an Arkansas boy, he probably dislikes those Mississippi schools as much as the rest of us.  ;)

antiono hogderas

sounds like Arkansas really got a good one in this kid. he should have up to 30 offers at this rate.  glad we got this kid early and hope we can hold him until signing day. 

FWF79

I hope we get him. Its good to hear this kind of hype about one of our recruits.

Tomhog™

I'm just throwing this out there now 'cause it's going to happen. Darius will take official vists at some point and be downgraded to a 'soft' commit. He will be a Hog.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Tomhog™ on February 19, 2008, 11:01:44 pm
I'm just throwing this out there now 'cause it's going to happen. Darius will take official vists at some point and be downgraded to a 'soft' commit. He will be a Hog.

Bingo
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

presidentMPJ

If we want to be a big time program we shouldn't lose our minds if big time schools offer him. The saying "act like you've been there before" should be said. But the sad thing is that we really haven't on a consistent basis landed guys getting with other offers from big time schools. That should hopefully change with BP.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

jgphillips3

This young man seems to want to be a Razorback as much as Michael Dyer wants to be a LSU tiger.  No fence around the State will be perfect, but it is nice to know that we will be in the box swinging for the fences against the big boys in State and out instead of watching the "big" programs come and steal the cream of the crop from the State.  I suspect this is a kid like many who dreams of playing for the Hogs and will be in Fayetteville when all is said and done.  However, it excites me more than scares me that the "big" boys want him.  I want to see a list full of recruits next year who turned down big time programs to come join us and build a champion here.  For once, I actually believe that is a real possibility.

kimjongsqUeAl

Quote from: Tomhog™ on February 19, 2008, 01:09:22 pm
Not a big surprise.  He's a sure 4*, borderline 5* from all indications.  He will have probably more than 30 offers when it's all said and done.

Sweet!  Man I hope he lives up to the hype. 
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

kobe24

i hope so too cause he is gettn alot and will get alot more this is only feb

oldfart

yea, im tired of seeing recruits whose only other offers come from directional schools.....

COCHISE

February 20, 2008, 05:23:26 pm #26 Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 05:25:16 pm by 870 RZR
I would actually welcome this scenario.

The_Hill

February 20, 2008, 05:36:03 pm #27 Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 05:49:46 pm by The_Hill
Saying that now will still not stop panic from ensuing 11 months from now...I expect to read rumor threads daily about how "Darius is gone" or "I just saw Darius Winston doing the gator chomp in Wal-Mart"
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

steelerfan4life

i like that we are in on these kids first and not last like in the past<like for Tyler Wilson> WPS!!!!

SamBuckhart

When we win, the fence will be strong. When we win and have an entertaining team, the fence will be stronger. Arkansas recruits will want to be part of something exciting.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

hawgjawls

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on February 19, 2008, 03:42:32 pm
This may be a carry over from the transfer of Ryan Mallett and signings of Adams and Curtis.. maybe
love the view from up here!!!!

arkjay19

It's hard to keep recruits of Winston's level committed for this long.  I know Petrino was able to get Adams, but Petrino has a whole new set of issues to deal with this year.

SultanofSwine

It certainly can't hurt that there is a substantial family history there in playing for the hogs. Hope we get him, that's for sure.

NWAREDBUG

I think the family ties to the football program and the way the program is being built by Petrino he will be a hog in the end.  :razorback:

#22bua-nea

Anyone have a highlight video on this kid?

kobe24

MPMoney

His offers by the summer will be very very impressive

kobe24

notre dame oklahoma auburn and florida st are next to offer

Hogstocking

February 28, 2008, 03:27:27 pm #38 Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 04:10:42 pm by Hogstocking
Quote from: kobe24 on February 28, 2008, 12:46:46 pm
notre dame oklahoma auburn and florida st are next to offer

You definately bring the goods Kobe.  Rivals is now showing a offer from Oklahoma.

A who's who offer list not even a month after NSD.  Wow, very very impressive

PorkSoda

It would be nice to have a shut down corner for once.  They can make your whole defense look better.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

kobe24

i think he will be the next great corner at arkansas if he goes?LOL

kobe24

Tammany Tom

Quote from: Hogapalooza on February 29, 2008, 08:11:12 am
Why the " if "?  I expect him to go.  I won't be mad at him if he doesn't, yet I expect him to be a HOG!

I agree with you. This kid is a Hog all the way. His heart is with Arkansas, thus the early commitment. However, you can't blame anyone 17 or 18 years old for wanting to look around and see other places and enjoy the whole recruiting process. In the end, regardless of who is after him, he will sign with Arkansas.

It is very, very hard for other schools to beat the home state school for a signiture when the home state school really wants the player. 

#22bua-nea

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 28, 2008, 10:05:23 pm
It would be nice to have a shut down corner for once.  They can make your whole defense look better.

are you talking about joe adams?  =)

kobe24

yea i know it will be hard to turn him but lsu alabama and oklahoma are not very far to drive so it will be something to watch

PorkSoda

Quote from: #22bua-nea on February 29, 2008, 12:32:32 pm
are you talking about joe adams?  =)
I was talking about Darius Winston (the topic of this thread) and while I would love to see Joe at CB I think his heart is at WR, and he can play that plenty good to.  JA will be a contributor where ever he ends up.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: kobe24 on February 29, 2008, 01:13:37 pm
yea i know it will be hard to turn him but lsu alabama and oklahoma are not very far to drive so it will be something to watch

I don't see LSU in the picture any longer for Winston since this commitment:

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=71933&sport=1

Calhoun will line up at CB for LSU. Winston in all likelyhood dropped LSU from consideration after this commitment was announced. LSU doesn't have many slots available for the 2009 class and signed numerous CB's in 2008 including USA Today Defensive player of the year Patrick Johnson, so I am assuming LSU is now out of it concerning Winston.

toshortrock

wow lets be glad we got somebody for a change that everybody else wants
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////