Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Picture from Memphis/UAB game.

Started by The Realist, February 18, 2008, 04:58:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Realist

A few things to notice here
#1- Wow, one of the greatest signs ever
#2- The orange convict getting slapped by a Memphis player, Pierre Niles is the hand.
#3- The girl in the gray wife beater with a fake black eye and a shirt that says "I Dated Dozier"
#4- Memphis is clearly a bunch of thugs, as if we didn't know.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

The Boar War

Wow!  And I thought Gary Ervin had it bad this past weekend.

40MINSOFHELL

thugs or not, they are the #1 team right now...but i hate mempiss

razorback903

Quote from: The Realist on February 18, 2008, 04:58:04 pm

#2- The orange convict getting slapped by a Memphis player, Pierre Niles is the hand.
#3- The girl in the gray wife beater with a fake black eye and a shirt that says "I Dated Dozier"
WOW!!!!  Don Imus posts on Hogville!!
John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

cdhogfan

I can also spot at least 3 people flipping the bird.  :)

DMacIsASaint

Thugs or not, they are one hell of a basketball team

SwinerBock

Quote from: cdhogfan on February 18, 2008, 05:08:31 pm
I can also spot at least 3 people flipping the bird.  :)
LOL... just 3?  You need to get your eyes checked, son.

The Realist

Razorback903...nothing Imus about my post.  I said they were thugs for going over to the UAB student section and taunting, which was borderline clinically insane and they are glad someone didn't get hurt on their roster.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

reddogjcss

jschulte

the players are thugs?  I think the fans are going a bit too far, jeez.  Especially when they DID lose. 

Razorback88

The first thing that I noticed was that Memphis is spelled wrong on the sign.

I found 6 birds flying...can anyone see more?

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: Razorback88 on February 18, 2008, 07:40:29 pm

Perhaps it was spelled that way on purpose.

L.A.

February 18, 2008, 08:53:08 pm #12 Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 01:27:50 pm by L.A.

Yeah I think that was done intentionally  "Mem- Piss" ala "Ole Piss"

40MINSOFHELL

kibster

February 18, 2008, 08:59:19 pm #14 Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 09:03:52 pm by kibster
I counted 8, although I am not sure about one.  If it is, it is upside down.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

TimHog

They might want to spell "Memphis" right next time. Wow! That's ridiculous!Somebody check UAB's admission requirements.

jschulte

Quote from: kibster on February 18, 2008, 08:59:19 pm
I counted 8, although I am not sure about one.  If it is, it is upside down.

wow, how do you see so many... I see 2, and a few upside down

The Realist

Quote from: jschulte on February 18, 2008, 06:33:59 pm
the players are thugs?  I think the fans are going a bit too far, jeez.  Especially when they DID lose. 
Your reaction if players from the other team come over and start taunting you after they pretty much escaped on an iffy 3 point play at the end vs. your conference rival? 
It was dumb for Memphis to go over there and start taunting.  Guy on the left is still taunting even after being held back, certainly not running away.
And I saw 7 middle fingers.  Couple questionable with 2 coming from the same sporting gentleman in the back right.
Childs, Gregory.

hawgsav1

I hope Memphis burns.  F*** Memphis.  I wish they'd gotten their a$$es beat down.  I don't call people "thugs" or names like that, but Memphis is a bunch of idiots and I hope Calipari gets a nice big fat NCAA investigation like he got at UMass.  No wonder John Chaney (one of the classiest men coaches ever) threatened to kill him.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

kibster

Quote from: jschulte on February 18, 2008, 09:28:29 pm
wow, how do you see so many... I see 2, and a few upside down

I think it is like one of those pictures where you stare at it enough the picture just pops out at you.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

Newcoachplease

Mempiss sucks! THis crap happens every year. They beat up on C-USA wimps all year than come tournament time, they will get ousted in the sweet 16 because their Rucker Park style of play doesnt cut it against real programs

Quote from: DMacIsASaint on February 18, 2008, 05:39:11 pm
Thugs or not, they are one hell of a basketball team

Wash Hogwallop

I have told this before but what the heck.

Back when Dana Kirk was the coach at Memphis State, he had a coaches show on sunday mornings.  This was back when we had three channels my friends.  Anyway, you had to watch the Dana Kirk show or church.  Since we were already going to church, I watched the coaches show to kill time.

Now grant it, I never liked Memphis State.  There was a particular sunday, however, that solidified my opinion of the university.

Every week they would speak with a player about the upcoming weeks games.  This one sunday they introduced and spoke with Baskerville Holmes.  They asked a question about the Tigers playing Rollie Massimino's Villinova Wildcats.  This was the response: "We be no 'fraid no Billynoba."

I swear to God.

DANG IT . . . now I hear their fight song in my head!  Stupid Dana Kirk Show.

NWAREDBUG

Great athletes with a deep bench, Saturday will be a test against Tenn. and there first loss

jkstock04

Wow...awsome!!!  LOL...+1.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HognotinMemphis

You all would take the Memphis team in a heartbeat...and you'd take Calipari too. I know I would. The UAB fans were asking for it and created that. However, the Memphis players should have taken it and walked away.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

CallThemHawgs!

Best. Picture. Ever.

Damn I wish they woulda won that game.

BigDave70

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

CurlyTail

I hate Memphis as much or more than anybody, but it's pretty hilarious how most of those pvssies in the crowd who are flipping the bird and yelling God knows what wouldn't even think of doing it if they were face to face with those players. Now, the "I dated Dozier" girl, that sh*t is funny right there. She obviously went the extra mile and did her research. It looks like Dozier is probably looking right at her.

Hawg-U

The redneck in the Orange jumpsuit has to be the funniest thing in the picture... priceless.

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Fatman

this picture makes for a good game of "Where is Waldo" I counted at least 8 number one salutes!!

SwinerBock

February 19, 2008, 09:50:31 am #31 Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 09:54:06 am by SwinerBock
Quote from: CurlyTail on February 19, 2008, 04:41:11 am
I hate Memphis as much or more than anybody, but it's pretty hilarious how most of those pvssies in the crowd who are flipping the bird and yelling God knows what wouldn't even think of doing it if they were face to face with those players. Now, the "I dated Dozier" girl, that sh*t is funny right there. She obviously went the extra mile and did her research. It looks like Dozier is probably looking right at her.

You know, deep down, Dozier probably thought it was pretty funny.

Either that, or he's trying to figure out if he really did date her...

Something else that makes this picture classic.  Not only is one of the fans getting b****-slapped, but THERE IS A COP RIGHT THERE IN BETWEEN FAN AND PLAYER.  Of course, she has her head turned and eyes closed, so I guess she didn't see anything...

PMP11

February 19, 2008, 05:27:59 pm #32 Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 05:32:22 pm by PMP11

The guy in the orange jumpsuit has that look for a reason.  He just got smacked by one of the thug.....I mean memphis players with an open hand.

Edit:  sorry swiner, just noticed you had pointed this out as well.  That cop sure is giving all female cops a good name.  Great work, close eyes turn head and get out of the way.  Just how the academy teaches.

MDH

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 19, 2008, 01:36:21 am
You all would take the Memphis team in a heartbeat...and you'd take Calipari too. I know I would. The UAB fans were asking for it and created that. However, the Memphis players should have taken it and walked away.

Umm, no I wouldn't.  I dislike Calipari and the way he runs his teams.  If that's what it takes to be #1 (until they run into a very disciplined team in the Tournament- it will happen) I'll be happy with #2.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

jbcarol

Quote from: SwinerBock on February 19, 2008, 09:50:31 am
You know, deep down, Dozier probably thought it was pretty funny.

Either that, or he's trying to figure out if he really did date her...

Something else that makes this picture classic.  Not only is one of the fans getting b****-slapped, but THERE IS A COP RIGHT THERE IN BETWEEN FAN AND PLAYER.  Of course, she has her head turned and eyes closed, so I guess she didn't see anything...

The cop just got an offer to become the first female ref in the WWE.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Quote from: CallThemHawgs! on February 19, 2008, 03:17:13 am
Best. Picture. Ever.

Damn I wish they woulda won that game.

AP Photo by Hel Yea! 
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

chillinhoggie

DEVICEHIGH

Lets have a contest. How many birds can you find?
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

DMacIsASaint

Quote from: Newcoachplease on February 18, 2008, 10:51:21 pm
Mempiss sucks! THis crap happens every year. They beat up on C-USA wimps all year than come tournament time, they will get ousted in the sweet 16 because their Rucker Park style of play doesnt cut it against real programs

1. Check your resources,in elite 8 past 2 years and lost to eventual championship runner-up. Not exactly "sucking"
2. Their style of play won't cut it against real programs? I guess that make sense, because Georgetown and UConn, the top two teams in the big east, aren't first rate programs.
3. If you are going to hate Memphis, find a better reason than that

The_Champ

"oƃ sƃoɥ oƃ ¡ǝıooos ƃıd oooʍ

"If I could rest anywhere, it would be in Arkansas, where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grows nowhere else on the face of the universal earth."

It's not about the Xs and Os; it's about the Jimmys and the Joes.

arkansaspanic

so will anything be done about the player hitting the fan? - I don't care how provoked you are that is just unacceptable

jbcarol

Quote from: arkansaspanic on February 19, 2008, 09:28:46 pm
so will anything be done about the player hitting the fan? - I don't care how provoked you are that is just unacceptable

The official was right there but unfortunately missed it.

I think someone with video running should submit this to C-USA HQ and NCAA if that does not work.

SwinerBock

Quote from: jbcarol on February 19, 2008, 07:12:55 pm
The cop just got an offer to become the first female ref in the WWE.
HA!  It would have been even better if you had said an SEC basketball ref, but still, funny!

chortle

hogman64

Yea they left out the last    S

MDH

"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

dhornjr1

MDH

Quote from: dhornjr1 on February 20, 2008, 12:20:51 am
ROFLMAO!

Photoshop of the Year nominee right there!

LOL

He was there trying to get Dickie a job.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: MDH on February 19, 2008, 05:50:56 pm
Umm, no I wouldn't.  I dislike Calipari and the way he runs his teams.  If that's what it takes to be #1 (until they run into a very disciplined team in the Tournament- it will happen) I'll be happy with #2.

You'd be happy with #2? So you're a TN fan right now? They are #2. Hogs are so far from #2 they can't even spell "two". And haven't been close to it in 13 years. Again, given the choice of the same players for Memphis being Hogs, you'd take them and their coach in a freakin' half a heartbeat.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.