Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky's NCAA chances??

Started by YodaHog, February 17, 2008, 03:23:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PeytonManningSUCKS

I'm headin' from Nashville to Lexington this week, 4 hog fans and 2 KY fans.  They don't like being out numbered, but I told them the tables turn as soon as we get there.  They still said if they lose they are gonna find another ride home.  haha 

jbcarol

Quote from: Marc Maggard on February 20, 2008, 07:39:22 pm
haha....good read.

First of all, Tennessee wasn't even really recruiting Lofton....they had a guy back out, which freed up a ride.  UT was less interested in Lofton than UK was...they just had the ride open up late.

Second, Lofton went to the right place.  He wouldn't have played the same role at UK with all those All American's above him on the depth chart.  He wouldn't have been the "go to guy" at UK like he was/is at UT.

Third, perhaps it's the elitist in me....but I never really dumb down my own opinion based on what others "perceive" the facts to be.  There are a lot of idiots who spew off at the mouth on internet message boards and at the watercooler....it doesn't make em right, and it doesn't make them any more legitimate because they have some "perception" to back up their opinion.

mm

You took the high road.  You know when a good man is in place.  It's hard to take the opinions seriously of a fan base that during one their greatest runs ever complained about the shade of blue in the Nike-supplied "denim" unis.

A good man follows priniciple and does not let outside influences bother him.  Can the collective negativity of the fan base wear down a coach's support system -- family and closest friends.  Wear them down to the point the coach would coach anywhere -- else -- for the love of the game.

Some folks on this board would say that's what happened to their football coach.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Marc Maggard

Quote from: jbcarol on February 21, 2008, 09:57:50 am
You took the high road.  You know when a good man is in place.  It's hard to take the opinions seriously of a fan base that during one their greatest runs ever complained about the shade of blue in the Nike-supplied "denim" unis.

A good man follows priniciple and does not let outside influences bother him.  Can the collective negativity of the fan base wear down a coach's support system -- family and closest friends.  Wear them down to the point the coach would coach anywhere -- else -- for the love of the game.

Some folks on this board would say that's what happened to their football coach.

You are the type of "rival" poster I enjoy talking to.....hope to find more like you around this board!

mm

jbcarol

Quote from: donewithdale on February 21, 2008, 10:51:26 am
love of the game or because he was fired

still blaming the fans for that family's failures - amazing

I really don't think Tubby was fired.  I think his leaving which was brokered on the side by a search firm and representation caught UK AD Barnhart by surprise.

On TCTWF, I would be with the majority on here, not the minority.

Big difference between the two individuals.  Take a whole other thread with a theme along the lines of "Ashley Judd never sent a threatening e-mail to Rondo."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Quote from: Marc Maggard on February 21, 2008, 10:25:43 am

You are the type of "rival" poster I enjoy talking to.....hope to find more like you around this board!

mm

I think Joe Wildcat Fan got disillusioned when Tubby started Catholic High star Saul over 4th Region standout Blevins.  They were blinded to obvious differences in skill level and leadership ability.

Amazing runs in '03 and '04 just muffled this element for awhile.

I heard some of these folks liked CBCG after the introductory presser.  He talked like they do.  Someone who would pop in at the Monkey's Eyebrow General Store and enjoy a moon pie and Ski with ya.