Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Terrelle Pryor

Started by BayouBengalPat, February 08, 2008, 11:14:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BayouBengalPat

Where do you all think he is going to sign?  I think it is going to come down to an Ohio State/Penn State battle for his services.
Geaux Tigers

razorbrass

I would say Oregon.  The Nike empire has a certain appeal.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

BradyHolzhauer

I say Michigan.  He fits the system.

TrojanHog

I think he signs at Penn State. His dad seems to be pushing him pretty hard to stay in state. Dads can be pretty tough to stand up to at that age.

I honestly think that Michigan would be the worst place for him to end up for his long term success.  If he wants to play QB at the next level being a spread/option quarterback that occasionally throws the ball isn't going to help him out that much.  At Penn State they will teach him to throw the ball and add some plays where he can use his running ability.

For the record I would like to point out that I think he would probably win the Heisman at some point if he went to Michigan.  He would look great, like he did in the All-Star game and would put up big numbers, but I think that for the long term it would stunt his development.

farhan

bcshog

Oregon I hope.  I'm not a fan of the Big Ten.

Razorvet

I want him at LSU. It would be fitting for Mallet to get an opportunity to beat him after being cold shouldered by RR to get him at Michigan.

back2back

FTS = Feed the Studs

Boarcephus

Quote from: Razorvet on February 09, 2008, 12:42:42 am
I want him at LSU. It would be fitting for Mallet to get an opportunity to beat him after being cold shouldered by RR to get him at Michigan.

From what you read, that certainly appears to have been the case.  To borrow a Texas Holdem term, when he ditched Mallet, he went "all in" to get him but no one backed out of the game.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

rljjr

I think it's going to come down to Penn State where his dad is pressuring him to go, and Ohio State where he would have signed on signing day if his dad hadn't pressured him (heard that last part on Fox Sports Radio on signing day).

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: rljjr on February 09, 2008, 10:17:43 am
I think it's going to come down to Penn State where his dad is pressuring him to go, and Ohio State where he would have signed on signing day if his dad hadn't pressured him (heard that last part on Fox Sports Radio on signing day).

You are correct.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

WholeHogSmoker

I know Rodriguez is going to be screwed if he doesn't get him. 

pigstye

Penn State   then RR can start having bake sales and cake walks to pay his 4 mil to WV, because no one in Mich will come to his aid.

proffitthog

He hasnt signed anywhere yet, I say we throw our hats in the mix. Someone tell Horton to give him a call.

donstoy

hoglady

Ohio State - and the Michigan boards will implode.
They will be all over RR for letting Mallett get away.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jr

Penn St., mom and dad win out. This will set Meechigan back 3 years.

PigglyWiggly

Quote from: WholeHogSmoker on February 09, 2008, 10:37:43 am
I know Rodriguez is going to be screwed if he doesn't get him. 

and this is exactly why I say I hope he goes anywhere but Michigan.  For his sake and my lack of nausea, I hope he chooses Penn St. or Oregon

Throwback1

I can't believe a kid with this kind of talent would go to a Big 10 school instead of playing real D1 football.
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

sasnakrafan

michael robinson was a great qb at penn state i thought... the guy could throw and run but he had nowhere near the talent that terrell pryor has. i see him playing for JoePa and i can't wait to see rich rodriguez get what he was comin for him. or i'd be fine with ohio state too tho, and i have a feeling that they won't be getting the extra push for the national title game for the next few years and if so i hope they lose to an SEC team like maybe the hogs?

Purple Tiger

bao187

according to the Cowherd he will be a Buckeye, which will be the biggest mistake of his career, if there is a career following his decision, Cowherd said that if he wants to stay in the Big Ten he needs to play for Rodriguez
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

NWAREDBUG

Flying Razorback

I feel that Oregon would be best for him as a player.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

ste4236

His (rumored) recent visit to Penn State shows a lot of how fond he is in their program, plus he's from PA. I really see him at Michigan though. He'll fit the new system so well.

"Cajun King"

Student at Colorado State University

hogcoots

UhOhioHog

Columbus...just to piss off the Weasel fan base!

Hoggish1

I could care less where he goes as long as he doesn't go to Michigan!

Shizzle

I think with the dramatic nature of the Rich Rod offer to him as soon as he went to Michigan he would have signed up if he was going there.

Ohio State if he wants to play a cupcake schedule then get killed by a SEC defense in the BCS game that is the place.

Penn State make daddy happy.

Oregon would be best fit IMO and he could drive Pete and the All Mighty Trojans crazy!!! Go Ducks land this kid and give Pete fits
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

oldfart

trashcan maN

It seems like all the smart money has him between OSU and Penn State with Oregon as a distant second.

cityhog

Quote from: hoglady on February 09, 2008, 07:50:00 pm
Ohio State - and the Michigan boards will implode.
They will be all over RR for letting Mallett get away.

Eveything I have read on the MI boards indicated they weren't too sad to see Mallett go.

badbrad

Hawgballz

Quote from: cityhog on February 11, 2008, 11:26:08 am
Eveything I have read on the MI boards indicated they weren't too sad to see Mallett go.

I imagine that will change when they don't get Pryor and next year when they have the towel boy trying out (anybody remember The Waterboy) because he is faster than any of their QB prospects.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

OnYourToes

Quote from: Hawgballz on February 11, 2008, 11:49:38 am
I imagine that will change when they don't get Pryor and next year when they have the towel boy trying out (anybody remember The Waterboy) because he is faster than any of their QB prospects.

How ironic would that be if RR heads to the intermural fields to find his next QB?

I know it won't happen but talk about a turn of events.  HA
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

FWF79

I would like to see him go anywhere but Michigan or Ole Miss.

pigz

When does he have to decide by to get a schollie somewhere?
You guys have a good time frig dancing

losthawg68

Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: FWF79 on February 11, 2008, 07:56:20 pm
I would like to see him go anywhere but Michigan or Ole Miss.

Coach Houston Nutt sees Terrelle Pryor as the next, great OM tight end - a truly first rate third tackle for when you're running the max protect, but still fast enough so that he can fire out for some hardcore downfield blocking when running out of that new-fangled I-formation with a two-receiver set - hottie toddy.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

yraciv

As a Michigan fan 2nd, we're screwed if we don't get Terrelle Pryor.  No QB committs, and the top QB returning is David Cone, a 3 star RS SO next year, who is probably slower then Mallett.

bcshog

COCHISE

booogaga

i would love to see Joe Pa get one last BIG recruit that would be great.
GO HOGS!

Petrinos Pigs

Penn State! Way to go Rich Rod.
Hog Born and Hog Breed

Hambunctious

I want him to go to Penn State, because I think Coach Paterno will teach him things beyond football.
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

SpareRib

RR messed in his nest with this one.  Would love to see Pryor wind up at Ohio State and kick his rear.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

Petrinos Pigs

Quote from: Hambunctious on February 12, 2008, 11:26:25 pm
I want him to go to Penn State, because I think Coach Paterno will teach him things beyond football.

That's a fact.
Hog Born and Hog Breed

Leinart08

Quote from: 870 RZR on February 12, 2008, 08:08:35 pm
I wasn't aware Michigan is out.  Serves RR right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrelle_Pryor

Dont believe everything you read on Wiki, on ESPN on signing day he said it was between Mich, OSU, PSU, UO
here are some recent articles showing they are still there:

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/1202763307115920.xml&coll=7
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080212/SPORTS06/80212040

and nothing of it on the Michigan pay board, or recruiting sites

hawgs70