Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need to return the favor...

Started by Hogaliciousness, January 08, 2008, 07:09:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogaliciousness

It seems with Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State having major coaching positions in flux that we could return the recruiting favor by targeting those recruits that are top notch who have been "abandoned" by their recruiting coaches.  Sort of what is happening with Georgia Tech recruits. 

Arkansas at least has a VERY good coaching staff in place, great facilities, and a fan base united.  It seems with good targeting and effort we could go from a good recruiting class to a really good one with half a dozen surprises from these programs that are having coaches leave for some reason...?  Auburn in particular is showing some major fault lines right now...I would be concerned if I was a recruit. 
I am ready for some football!

COCHISE

January 08, 2008, 07:54:46 pm #1 Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 08:03:56 pm by 870 RZR
This may be a kid we should look at, he's buddies and a teamate of Thomas Shuler and is an awesome athlete.  Also lists Arkansas as an interest....

http://georgiatech.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?sport=1&pr_key=54189

http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=8&c=1&nid=2465503

Check out his coaches comments in the second link.

jgphillips3

I bet this staff is checking out some guys we would be surprised by.  Petrino doesn't lack for confidence and I get the impression he is ready to go into any kids home, no matter to whom he is committed, and swing for the fences.  I can't wait to see what happens between now and signing day.

want2be

Quote from: Hogaliciousness on January 08, 2008, 07:09:44 pm
It seems with Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State having major coaching positions in flux that we could return the recruiting favor by targeting those recruits that are top notch who have been "abandoned" by their recruiting coaches.  Sort of what is happening with Georgia Tech recruits. 

Arkansas at least has a VERY good coaching staff in place, great facilities, and a fan base united.  It seems with good targeting and effort we could go from a good recruiting class to a really good one with half a dozen surprises from these programs that are having coaches leave for some reason...?  Auburn in particular is showing some major fault lines right now...I would be concerned if I was a recruit. 

Agree........I think Petrino has the same gameplan and killer instinct

Hogaliciousness

I am ready for some football!

looking_forward

LOL...as the old saying goes...it's not over till the fat lady sings! The rest of Jan. is going to be highly highly intriguing!
With all the coaching moves around the country no recruit is safe! Especially with a lot of players turning to soft committs....Not so fast!!!... All is fair in football and war.
I think with the new coaching staff we have being killer recruiters with great credentials backing them we have a great opportunity to pull off some serious uppsets come signing day.
What a great time to be a RZRBCK fan!

"No amount of ability is of the slightest avail without honor."-Andrew Carnegie

"Let us resolve to be masters, not the victims, of our history, controlling our own destiny without giving way to blind suspicions and emotions."-John Fitzgerald Kennedy

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/we_r_razrbcks/arkansas1.jpg