Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cole Kelly

Started by rtr, October 14, 2017, 07:47:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TNhawgfan

I'm enjoying seeing CK play too, but afraid hogville will lose it's crap when AA comes back and BB goes right back to him. We know it will happen
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: RebHog on October 14, 2017, 08:39:07 pm
Remember Austin was hailed throughout most of his first year as this very same thing don't know why people are forgetting this. This year is a different story however the hits have changed him.

True. I honestly think it was last year's game vs Bama. He just got destroyed over and over again. Like he wanted to be tough and kept getting up. But man he took so many shots that game.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Carl Lazlo

Remember Austin was hailed throughout most of his first year as this very same thing don't know why people are forgetting this. This year is a different story however the hits have changed him.

Oh Well.  Next

The_Iceman

This is now Cole Kelley's team. Austin needs to sit the rest of the year.

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: bennyl08 on October 14, 2017, 08:25:11 pm
Welcome to the razorbacks. I'm guessing you were previously a fan of auburn or something. Glad to add another hog to the fan base. While yes you are seeing our backup go through some progressions, if you find that refreshing, our starter is even more skilled at going through progressions and most of our qb's over the past decade have done this pretty well. Tyler Wilson in 2012 being a major exception.

Lol

RebHog

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on October 14, 2017, 08:41:16 pm
Can we spell his game right?...Kelley. Or are all the above posts intentional and sarcastic? Kinda hard to tell these days.

Ummm....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA good job spelling cop

Tarheelhawg

Well, Kelley leads the offense for a fg and avoids being shut out. Huge step for Kelly to make in first start at Alabama!!

atom hog

I keep hearing the hits have changed him, maybe they have...but he choked when healthy when the game was on his shoulders. He has always had a body language issue...He doesn't inspire confidence...and it has been very apparent since we have been on the schneid.

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: Tarheelhawg on October 14, 2017, 08:45:30 pm
Well, Kelley leads the offense for a fg and avoids being shut out. Huge step for Kelly to make in first start at Alabama!!

To top it off most of the play calling has been horrendous

livevanguy

Regardless of the final score tonight, Kelley has certainly proven he can hold his own against arguably the best team in the country this year. He has done with with poise, leadership, and some big hits to their defense.  If a fresh start at kicker seems to be working, Maybe we should follow suit at Qb.
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

bythelake

solitons

Razorbackspm

Love Cole nice TD but can't hit an extra point, Wow!. Go Cole it should be your team now. Thanks AA

Arkansas Fan

elhcpa

He doesn't have a chance, there are Allen cousins you haven't heard of, waiting in the wings.

Pecos Hog

Wasted talent with BB as our coach.

livevanguy

Have not felt this good about a future QB since Tyler Wilson subbed for Mallet against Bama.
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

southarkhog

Cole is my guy from here on out.
Go Razorbacks

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: livevanguy on October 14, 2017, 09:12:36 pm
Regardless of the final score tonight, Kelley has certainly proven he can hold his own against arguably the best team in the country this year. He has done with with poise, leadership, and some big hits to their defense.  If a fresh start at kicker seems to be working, Maybe we should follow suit at Qb.

Well, until that extra point
This is my non-signature signature.

Bonehog

I'm optimistic about CK. If we get some folks who can block and catch the ball we are in good shape.
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

Hogsmo Kramer

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

RebHog

Quote from: atom hog on October 14, 2017, 08:53:51 pm
I keep hearing the hits have changed him, maybe they have...but he choked when healthy when the game was on his shoulders. He has always had a body language issue...He doesn't inspire confidence...and it has been very apparent since we have been on the schneid.

I should clarify I am comparing a freshly starting AA vs a freshly starting CK first few games AA was same way. It went downhill from there for AA.....CK has the physical body to not let this affect him as long as he is mentally strong. I am 100% CK for the rest of the year.

Pancetta

I think AA is tough as nails and if the line would block and the WR would catch he could win a lot of games for us. Cole did fine and he has better field vision due to his height. They gave CK a safe gameplan of a ton of screens and short passes. I would be interested to see what CK can do vs a normal (not Bama) defense.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

buldozer

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 14, 2017, 08:43:21 pm
This is now Cole Kelley's team. Austin needs to sit the rest of the year.
^^^This^^^ is how it should be but I am willing to bet nepotism intervenes and AA gets the starting job back.

Roaringboar

Cole did an amazing job, and he should be our guy through the rest of the season.......Austin just hasn't cut it......I think the worst things that happened to him was 1) Everyone propped him and said he was going to be one of the best and 2) They let him talk to his brother and Ryan Mallet to get tips about playing......Austin just isn't panning out, he has no chance of being a pro, and he might as well ride the bench till the season's end so that Kelley can develop into the future QB this program needs......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Cure

Quote from: Pancetta on October 14, 2017, 09:43:42 pm
I think AA is tough as nails and if the line would block and the WR would catch he could win a lot of games for us. Cole did fine and he has better field vision due to his height. They gave CK a safe gameplan of a ton of screens and short passes. I would be interested to see what CK can do vs a normal (not Bama) defense.
He'd carve up most regular teams if he's not under center, but having him play under center without a run game is just asking to get blitzed and doesn't give receivers any time to get separation.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

RyeHogFan

Quote from: livevanguy on October 14, 2017, 09:32:41 pm
Have not felt this good about a future QB since Tyler Wilson subbed for Mallet against Bama.

Are you talking about the Auburn game where Wilson came and threw for like 3 TDs in the second half?

hoghearted

Quote from: RebHog on October 14, 2017, 08:27:52 pm
I disagree AA started the very same way but its a David Carr effect.He was more care free and gun slinger type attitude then his brother at the start. The last 2 years he sometimes holds the ball to long yes but there have been countless times he got creamed by a totally unblocked defender.  I think Cole should finish the year and AA has every right to thank BB for ruining him with the froholdt experiment last year.

ditto
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Sivad

FelixJonesorDMAC?

With the 0-3 SEC start I would just focus on getting Kelly ready for next year.  He may not have to start when Allen returns, but they should definitely get him some more meaningful snaps throughout the season.  Had he played like he did tonight against any other team left on the schedule, I would have said he needs to remain back up, but being this is Bama, he earned at least more playing time.   

Rayzback

On play in the pocket it looked like he threw a stiff arm while throwing a pass.  Not bad for a first start though.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

JoeyCapital

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 14, 2017, 09:42:58 pm
Um...he did turn it over. Threw a pic.
Much. He didn't turn it over much. My man crush on that big motherfricker was showing.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece