Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When nothing is ever good enough...

Started by hogfan446, September 09, 2010, 12:39:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan446

Every day I visit Hogville and every day I wonder what the complaint of the day will be.  The more I read, the more I realize that Hog(ville) fans really are Bats$!t CRAZY!  Let's take a look at all of the issues that are subjects of gripe and moan sessions here at our beloved Hogville...

1. The great stadium debate - RRS vs WMS.  This issue never dies and nobody will ever agree.  We could play for the national championship in WMS and win it, but someone would still be complaining that we played it there.  On the other hand... we could the national championship in RRS and Central Arkansas fans would go nuts because their crowd would have been louder.

2. The great uniform debate - Old School vs New School.  We complain about change, or we complain that the uni's are boring.  We don't care what the recruits that will win us football games think (even though we might be in denial that they actually care about the uni's), we just believe tradition rules at no matter what cost, or not.  We could win the national championship wearing a black jersey, or even one with a little black in it but someone would still be complaining. "Boy that picture of Mallet holding the crystal football would sure look better if it weren't for those horrible uniforms!!"  On the other hand... we could be holding up that trophy with the traditional uni's and there would be those of us that actually think a recruit who was watching would say "Man, that is a good football team with tradition, but I can't play in those horrible uniforms!"

3. No respect/No Love - "ESPN hates us!!" We spend more time worrying about why we aren't ranked high enough, why we don't get enough coverage on TV, why ESPN hates the hogs, why so and so talked bad about us in this article, blah blah.  Even though we haven't done anything but beat a division 1AA (excuse me, FCS) team yet, we think we deserve MORE!  We could win the national championship and someone would still be upset because their beloved Hogs weren't getting enough respect.  On the other hand... we could be top 10, the lead story on College Gameday, and come out and lose to Georgia or Alabama in a couple of weeks.

4. Haters vs Huggers- BannerTextDonnaBraggSpringDale5GussMalAZAHNLoveThatHelmet-gate.   Whether you're a hugger or a hater, this one will never die.  At times, we worry more about this coach than our own.  We match our program with his.  We match our recruiting with theirs.  We love Gus, or we hate Gus because of him.  We wish good fortune on the Springdale 5, or we hope they fail.  We could beat Ole Miss in the national championship game and some of us would complain because Houston recruited a QB with a record to play us.  On the other hand... some of us would have been upset that Houston didn't beat us because he is such a great motivator and we did him wrong.

Issues like this are what will always keep our fan base divided.  Do any of these things really matter in the grand scheme of things?  If our Hogs take care of business, only one theme from all of this crap matters... Winning the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.  If you don't want the country thinking we are crazy, then don't act crazy.  A little debate is good, however, the sick obsession to constantly beat dead horses will eventually be damaging.

WPS!  :razorback:

HogDom

How would we ever survive the summer without all of those things?!

Pulled(PP)pork

I see a National Championship theme here.......are you predicting we will go 14-0?

PP

Feralhog

a post complaining about complaining

nice
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former coach finder for the Tejas Longhorns.......Feralhog the Magnificent

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Feralhog on September 09, 2010, 12:42:37 pm

nice
I see sanity and guvhog giving this thread "two thumbs up"

PP

hogfan446

Quote from: Feralhog on September 09, 2010, 12:42:37 pm

nice

Since you are heavily involved in each of these debates mentioned, I can understand this response.

Razorfox

+1 to you.

My favorites are the people that will bend logic to its very breaking point and create paradoxes in their own minds to justify their insane notions about Nutt, Gus, ESPN, recruiting rankings, etc. 

Good stuff. 

Aston Martin 8 dude

Great post! I too get sick of much of the gripping, especially around the areas you mentioned. I will, however, continue to enjoy being a "hater".

HamHands

September 09, 2010, 12:57:09 pm #8 Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 12:59:36 pm by HoginHeat
I can't stand posts complaining about complaining. I don't know who does it more. Posters from NWA or posters from central Arkansas. I mean, complain, complain. I am sick of complaining about complaining. ESPN complains about fans complaining about uniforms that are worn in stadiums that they complained about while complaining about ESPN.
One day at a time.

razorhog29

War Memorial has a better and smarter crowd. It is what it is!!!!

razorback3072

Quote from: HoginHeat on September 09, 2010, 12:57:09 pm
I can't stand posts complaining about complaining. I don't know who does it more. Posters from NWA or posters from central Arkansas. I mean, complain, complain. I am sick of complaining about complaining.

The only thing I hate worse than this is complainers who complain about complainers complaining.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: razorback3072 on September 09, 2010, 01:00:36 pm
The only thing I hate worse than this is complainers who complain about complainers complaining.
wait........uhhh......oh nevermind.

PP

Biggus Piggus

I am sick of people not complaining enough about the complaining on Hogville.

I think that all good, right thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that all good, right thinking people in this country are fed up with being told that all good, right thinking people in this country are fed up with being sick and tired. I'm certainly not, and I'm sick and tired of being told that I am.
[CENSORED]!

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 09, 2010, 01:04:47 pm

I think that all good, right thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that all good, right thinking people in this country are fed up with being told that all good, right thinking people in this country are fed up with being sick and tired. I'm certainly not, and I'm sick and tired of being told that I am.
I see a national championship theme in this post.     ;)

PP

Grag T

BannerTextDonnaBraggSpringDale5GussMalAZAHNLoveThatHelmet-gate

That may be the funniest word ever created on Hogville  ;D
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Grag T on September 09, 2010, 01:08:35 pm
BannerTextDonnaBraggSpringDale5GussMalAZAHNLoveThatHelmet-gate

That may be the funniest word ever created on Hogville  ;D
he forgot the "Gork the Dork Hat-gate".....should we bring it up?

PP

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

EastexHawg

There was grumbling and complaining in the past.  The only difference was back then it took place at the barber shop, in the office, or at the diner. 

Broyles had his critics for years before he stepped down as head coach.  The ESPN bias type comments from years ago involved Texas refs screwing the Hogs in the SWC.  Eddie crawled off to Kentucky and some fans held a grudge for years, while others wished we still had him instead of Nolan...

It's a message and discussion board.  It's what we do.  I suspect you would find pretty much the same if you spent a lot of time on most other schools' boards, too.

wherestheD

I think it's part of life.  It's the grass is always greener syndrome.  Arkansas dismantled their first opponent and I came on here hopeing to read peoples thoughts and I was blown aways by the negative threads and bashing about a 44-3 victory.  No matter how good it is, someone wants it better.  With all that said though, it is a message bored and a place for people to vent. 

countryhog

wait! i thought that we should never stop striving for something better, i.e. - grow or die. therefore, it is incumbent upon us to try to make things better and not be satisfied with the status quo. part of the reason our country has devolved to the state it is in is because those who should have made their voices heard remained silent. yeah, some of the threads are nitpicking. i've learned how to read the first post and determine if i want to partake. but surely you've lived long enough to know that a pattern of always complaining always has negative returns even as a pattern of being positive always has positive returns (not saying bad things don't happen to positive people). sometimes people tell me i'm negative. i just say i'm just positive that something bad is going to happen. okay. what did i just say. just sayin.
now is never here but the past is always present

Feralhog

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 09, 2010, 01:47:54 pm
There was grumbling and complaining in the past.  The only difference was back then it took place at the barber shop, in the office, or at the diner. 

Broyles had his critics for years before he stepped down as head coach.  The ESPN bias type comments from years ago involved Texas refs screwing the Hogs in the SWC.  Eddie crawled off to Kentucky and some fans held a grudge for years, while others wished we still had him instead of Nolan...

It's a message and discussion board.  It's what we do.  I suspect you would find pretty much the same if you spent a lot of time on most other schools' boards, too.

git the frik outta here, really?  Discussions and arguing on a message board?  Lay down the crack pipe dude
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former coach finder for the Tejas Longhorns.......Feralhog the Magnificent

Dwight_K_Shrute

My favorite is Why the &^%$! can't I watch the game this weekend in HD!  Cox only carries FSW in SD.  Seriously?  You have a 60" Flat panel that could feed a family of 4 Haitians for a year and you are b!tching because the game won't be in 1080p. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hogfan446

It's not the opinions that are ridiculous... it is the constant need to piss and moan about something... ANYTHING!  The point is that all could be absolutely perfect with the world, but it seems that fans WILL find something to complain about.  It's an Auburn Lock.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: hogfan446 on September 09, 2010, 02:39:20 pm
It's not the opinions that are ridiculous... it is the constant need to piss and moan about something... ANYTHING!  The point is that all could be absolutely perfect with the world, but it seems that fans WILL find something to complain about.  It's an Auburn Lock.
it's either this or take it out on the dog.....

PP

Feralhog

Quote from: hogfan446 on September 09, 2010, 02:39:20 pm

what did you do growing up, hang out with girls and play tea party? 

thousands of men (mostly) in one place all at the same time, there's going to be an argument somewhere

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: KC_Hawg on September 09, 2010, 02:47:03 pm
You are correct, of course.  This place is like stopping to look at the train wreck.  If you want to discuss Razorback football, you will need to go elsewhere.  Luckily there are many other places to get good information.  I am hopeful Hogville will change some day.
ahhhh, look who "stopped to look".

PP

HamHands

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 09, 2010, 02:27:25 pm
My favorite is Why the &^%$! can't I watch the game this weekend in HD!  Cox only carries FSW in SD.  Seriously?  You have a 60" Flat panel that could feed a family of 4 Haitians for a year and you are b!tching because the game won't be in 1080p. 

Yes, I mean it is 2010 for God sakes.
One day at a time.

Feralhog

Quote from: KC_Hawg on September 09, 2010, 02:47:03 pm
You are correct, of course.  This place is like stopping to look at the train wreck.  If you want to discuss Razorback football, you will need to go elsewhere.  Luckily there are many other places to get good information.  I am hopeful Hogville will change some day.

thanks for posting.  I look forward to your not coming around again for a spell

ur

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 09, 2010, 02:27:25 pm
My favorite is Why the &^%$! can't I watch the game this weekend in HD!  Cox only carries FSW in SD.  Seriously?  You have a 60" Flat panel that could feed a family of 4 Haitians for a year and you are btching because the game won't be in 1080p. 
+1 to ya. You nailed me. However, watching a football game on standard FSS on a 61" Samsung HDTV is like watching a game through an aquarium. It stinks. I am trying to get enough people to bitch to cox so they will provide it. It is the only way cox will listen.

razorback4ever

Maybe if they piped elevator music through our puters while on Hogville, it would make us all more calm and considerate of each other with less complaining. Anyone care to make that happen?   

Anyone?

jonesark™

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

I've noticed people on here are too Pro-Petrino in a response to being too anti-Nutt in the past.

Having said that, it's so much easier to be pro-Petrino because he comes off as a classy guy and represents what I want personally in a coach. Honest criticism is ok though guys!

woopigsooie1222

The South Will Rise Again!

Feralhog

atekido

to the OP... or anyone else.  If you dont like it don't come to hogville.net  end of story.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: razorback3072 on September 09, 2010, 01:00:36 pm
So aren't you complaining about complainers who complain about complainers complaining?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 09, 2010, 01:04:47 pm

By "right thinking people" are you saying left handed?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 09, 2010, 01:47:54 pm
Anybody that has checked out Nafoom has seen a LOT of cussing and complaining lately! P.S. Has anybody found out what the name Nafoom is?

Albert Einswine

I read this thread title and was certain it was gonna be about my ex-wife. 8)  Imagine my disappointment.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Hogaliciousness

Let's just own the "Bat $41t crazy" title.  It is easier that way.
I am ready for some football!

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 09, 2010, 03:23:37 pm
Anybody that has checked out Nafoom has seen a LOT of cussing and complaining lately! P.S. Has anybody found out what the name Nafoom is?
I've asked a doc I work with who is a fan, he doesn't know

PP

hogfan446

Quote from: Feralhog on September 09, 2010, 02:42:53 pm
what did you do growing up, hang out with girls and play tea party? 

thousands of men (mostly) in one place all at the same time, there's going to be an argument somewhere

Yes, there will always be arguments... it is the same franking arguments OVER and OVER that are just asinine.  There are plenty of posters on this board that start the same debates time and time again just to complain and get people riled up.

And bro...  girls that play tea party don't whine like many posters do on this board.

hogfan446

LOL... might as well add THIS to the list!   :puke:

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: hogfan446 on September 09, 2010, 04:07:17 pm
Yes, there will always be arguments... it is the same franking arguments OVER and OVER that are just asinine.  There are plenty of posters on this board that start the same debates time and time again just to complain and get people riled up.

And bro...  girls that play tea party don't whine like many posters do on this board.
intro a new one and see if it catches on......you can't just complain and then not offer an alternative   ;)

PP

hogfan446

;D  I read more post less.  I enjoy the talk about the hogs, recruiting, etc.  Lately it has just been sifting through more complaining about the same stuff, so I did post... I just vented.

Feralhog

Quote from: hogfan446 on September 09, 2010, 04:15:03 pm
;D  I read more post less.  I enjoy the talk about the hogs, recruiting, etc.  Lately it has just been sifting through more complaining about the same stuff, so I did post... I just vented.

when your wrestlin a pig there comes a point when you discover the pig enjoys it

rwspear

please please please dont assume hogville represents the fanbase. it doesnt.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: rwspear on September 09, 2010, 04:17:24 pm
or that quoted poster above brings anything worthwhile reading......

PP

razorback4ever

Quote from: rwspear on September 09, 2010, 04:17:24 pm

It does represent a section that is vocal and involved. You might actually be surprised at how many of us ARE exactly like the average fan.
To use the same logic, not all members of Hogville represent what the majority are on this board.