Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cam's On The Way, Hide Ya Kids, Hide Ya Wife

Started by aporkalypse now, September 09, 2010, 10:26:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

aporkalypse now

A perfect conflation of Antoine Dodsen and Cam's criminal record as seen on a hotel sign in Starkville.  I saw it on EDSBS.

HamHands

Hide ya laptop, ya wallet, ya watch, ya silverware and ya car keys too!
One day at a time.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HoginHeat on September 09, 2010, 10:35:33 am
Hide ya laptop, ya wallet, ya watch, ya silverware and ya car keys too!
Well, I'd have a spy on him the second he crossed the state line and might keep 2 on him during the game. Dyer ain't ready yet. They got 1 reciever whose not worthless, and Cam will be running wild if there is no spy. If there is, State might win. If I see no spy in the early going I'm gonna know Aubbie should win.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

EastexHawg

I was listening to SportsTalk on one of the stations in our area a few days ago.  One of the callers to the show actually predicted Auburn will win the national championship.  That prompted the host to start talking about Cam Newton.

He said he cannot root for Auburn because of the way Newton conducted himself last year when his JC (I think maybe it was Blinn) played Tyler Junior College.  According to this guy Newton was the biggest jerk and worst behaved player he can recall in a game he has broadcast.  I don't know all the details, but whatever he did he apparently made one heck of an impression.

The "Auburn for national championship" comment also prompted me to call in...and say that the guy who said it is obviously back on the crack pipe.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

bphi11ips

What crime was Cam Newton convicted of?

All I'll say is this.  I watched the replay last night of Auburn/Arkansas State and got the same feeling I had when I saw Vince Young in the Army High School All American game.  Newton is a freak of nature who will dominate games by himself.  If you don't get that after watching him you are a hopeless homer.  I now understand why Auburn is a media darling.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Buff

Quote from: Solomwi on September 09, 2010, 10:34:01 am
I agree. Newton is going to absolutely rape the Bulldogs tonight.

Steal their dignity?

Johnny America

Quote from: porkaholics anonymous on September 09, 2010, 10:26:37 am
A perfect conflation of Antoine Dodsen and Cam's criminal record as seen on a hotel sign in Starkville.  I saw it on EDSBS.

You don't have to run and confess. We look'n for you....
God is not real.

Reservoir Hogs

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 09, 2010, 10:53:27 am

All I'll say is this.  I watched the replay last night of Auburn/Arkansas State and got the same feeling I had when I saw Vince Young in the Army High School All American game.  Newton is a freak of nature who will dominate games by himself.  If you don't get that after watching him you are a hopeless homer.  I now understand why Auburn is a media darling.

He did look good, but it was Arkansas State.  He did not look fast, even on his long runs, and his accuracy seemed hit and miss to me.  Time will tell, but I dont think he will be able to steal the west by the power of his legs.
And watching that game reminded me how much I hate GM's offense.  All those double screens and misdirections on every snap, its like they try to trick you rather than play football...

TechHog

Load the box and make him beat you with his arm...  He can't do it.  Look at his intermediate throws, they were wobbly and lacked zip.  You can do that against ASU, but SEC defenses will pick him repeatedly.  He is elusive for a big guy, but we'll get a little bit better idea where he stands as a SEC QB tonight.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: razrhog05 on September 09, 2010, 10:58:56 am
He did look good, but it was Arkansas State.  He did not look fast, even on his long runs, and his accuracy seemed hit and miss to me.  Time will tell, but I dont think he will be able to steal the west by the power of his legs.
And watching that game reminded me how much I hate GM's offense.  All those double screens and misdirections on every snap, its like they try to trick you rather than play football...
yeah, i agree. It's kinda like Boise's without the power game. At least they will line up and smash you. GM offense is like that cheesey guy online in NCAA 11 who runs HUNH all game and throws the verticals or a screen every play until you're in the Dime and then runs the up the middle direct snap. It's an all-cheese offense, perfect for Coach cheesecox.

Coach Obvious

So, you guys are big on Sodomi over there, huh?

(Do you see what I did there?)

SEdrhawg

Quote from: porkaholics anonymous on September 09, 2010, 10:26:37 am

Hide yo' husbands too cuz they rapin' er'body up in here

sickboy

Quote from: razrhog05 on September 09, 2010, 10:58:56 am

Yeah, I kind of agree. Cam Newton looked really good and I think he's going to be great quarterback in the SEC, which isn't easy. But he's not Vince Young. But he doesn't need to be really. I think Auburn will win a lot of games this year based on Newton's play but their defense is going to get them in trouble against Alabama and Arkansas...and potentially Miss State tonight. Should be a good game.

COCHISE

Quote from: sickboy1138.2 on September 09, 2010, 11:10:17 am
Cam Newton looked really good and I think he's going to be great quarterback in the SEC
I don't think he'll be here long enough, he'll be draft eligible after this year. I can see him jumping to the league at first shot.

bphi11ips

Quote from: TechHog on September 09, 2010, 11:03:16 am

Load the box and make him beat you with his arm...  He can't do it.  Look at his intermediate throws, they were wobbly and lacked zip.  You can do that against ASU, but SEC defenses will pick him repeatedly.  He is elusive for a big guy, but we'll get a little bit better idea where he stands as a SEC QB tonight.

It will be interesting to see what happens tonight.  Most posters on this board wouldn't know a QB from a doorstop.  The constant retort where Masoli and Newton are concerned is "SEC, SEC, SEC".  Blah, Blah, Blah.  Both are extremely talented QBs who will fare well against SEC defenses.  Will they make Ole Miss or Auburn contenders by themselves?  No.  Ole Miss appears to have plenty of problems to deal with outside of the QB situation.  Auburn appears to have holes to fill as well.  Sound familiar?  A great QB does not necessarily make an SEC championship contender.

TheGunther

everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, no one wanna lift no heavy ass weight!

razorhog29

Quote from: Solomwi link=topic=
quote author=Solomwi link=topic=360115.msg5370698#msg5370698 date=1284046441]
te]

Really? I see the Auburn D being on the field all night and without any depth it's going to get ugly for Auburn in the 3rd and 4th Quarter.

The Hogfather

All I'll say is this.  I watched the replay last night of Auburn/Arkansas State and got the same feeling I had when I saw Vince Young in the Army High School All American game.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

1 game against ASU and you're sold.

The dude is good.  He will not win games by himself.  Well, maybe as many as Matt Jones did.

Remember Arkansas' 2004 season?  They'll get more wins than that because their schedule is weak as hell.

We'll break Newton.

Also, let's see how Fig does tonight.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 09, 2010, 10:50:16 am
I was listening to SportsTalk on one of the stations in our area a few days ago.  One of the callers to the show actually predicted Auburn will win the national championship.  That prompted the host to start talking about Cam Newton.

He said he cannot root for Auburn because of the way Newton conducted himself last year when his JC (I think maybe it was Blinn) played Tyler Junior College.  According to this guy Newton was the biggest jerk and worst behaved player he can recall in a game he has broadcast.  I don't know all the details, but whatever he did he apparently made one heck of an impression.

The "Auburn for national championship" comment also prompted me to call in...and say that the guy who said it is obviously back on the crack pipe.
that was Salami

PP

GaryHog

Is he better than Matt Jones? NO!!!!! Was Matt exciting to watch? Yeah! Did we win alot of games? NO!!!!! nough said
Make America Great Again!!!!!!!

hawgsmellgud

HAHAHAHA! you should see me play basketball against the fifth graders, if you don't think I am the second coming of Charles Barkley your a stupid homer.

This clown played a good game against a sun belt team and all of the sudden he is going to Pasadena to run all over the defending national champs? RIIIIIIIIIGHT "pass the duchey to left..."

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

azhog10

If you watch replays of that game you will see, that Cam won't see as much daylight against us as he did against ASU. They played three DL's and Auburns line was getting up the field and even blocking some of the secondary. Our DL will hold Auburns at home and Cam will have a much harder day and actually be forced to throw the ball. If he's throwing the ball more than 35% of the time I think it's good news for us or any team that plays Barn.

The Hogfather

If this dude was the next VY, Auburn wouldn't only be a 1.5-pt favorite over MSU tonight.

Theolesnort

Well, the SEC is full of freaks of nature. Many of them play on the defensive side so we will see.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

razorsharptusk

Hey State, remember, just don't chase the "stuff Storm", all will be good.  ;)   :razorback:
GO HOGS!!

NeverYield

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on September 09, 2010, 12:35:10 pm

HAHAHAHA! you should see me play basketball against the fifth graders, if you don't think I am the second coming of Charles Barkley your a stupid homer.

This clown played a good game against a sun belt team and all of the sudden he is going to Pasadena to run all over the defending national champs? RIIIIIIIIIGHT "pass the duchey to left..."
+1  The whole post was stupendous!
"You can take a boy out of ole' dixie land lord, but ju'll never take ole' dixie from a boy..."  -Ronnie VanZant

hogansas

State will give them a game.  And you can run and tell dat, Homeboy!
"You can't trust every quote you read on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln.

jgphillips3

Auburn is probably about where we were last year: practically devoid of upperclass talent with loads of talented young kids learning on the fly and a defense that isn't up to par. I think an 8-4 year is about the best they can expect this year. I think they'll score a lot of points on lesser teams and struggle against better, more veteran teams (including us). Mississippi State is rebuilding too, but with less talent. Should be a fun game.

heathtits

I want Leon to be on Cam like stink on crap. One job the entire game.

But Cam is legit. 100% thoroughbred specimen. Essentially Matt Jones without the noodle arm and ruhtard o-coordinator.

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: TechHog on September 09, 2010, 11:03:16 am

Load the box and make him beat you with his arm... 
Huh huh...hey Bevis, he said "Load the Box!" Huh uh...

The Hogfather

Quote from: heathtits on September 09, 2010, 01:23:25 pm
I want Leon to be on Cam like stink on crap. One job the entire game.

But Cam is legit. 100% thoroughbred specimen. Essentially Matt Jones without the noodle arm and ruhtard o-coordinator.

Legit and "shades of Vince Young" are quite different.  Cam will turn the ball over plenty this year.  That will kill their team.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: razorhog29 on September 09, 2010, 12:20:24 pm
te]

Really? I see the Auburn D being on the field all night and without any depth it's going to get ugly for Auburn in the 3rd and 4th Quarter.

This, they gave up a 25 to 35 edge in TOP to A-State.  Now I think that TOP is an overrated stat in a game like this one, but what it does show is that HUNH either scores fast or gives the ball back to the opponents fast.  Doesn't really matter against a team like A-State.  MSU will be a totally different matter especially if Auburn's depth on D is suspect. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

TechHog

September 09, 2010, 02:10:24 pm #35 Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 02:12:05 pm by TechHog
Quote from: bphi11ips on September 09, 2010, 11:17:58 am
It will be interesting to see what happens tonight.  Most posters on this board wouldn't know a QB from a doorstop.  The constant retort where Masoli and Newton are concerned is "SEC, SEC, SEC".  Blah, Blah, Blah.  Both are extremely talented QBs who will fare well against SEC defenses.  Will they make Ole Miss or Auburn contenders by themselves?  No.  Ole Miss appears to have plenty of problems to deal with outside of the QB situation.  Auburn appears to have holes to fill as well.  Sound familiar?  A great QB does not necessarily make an SEC championship contender.

Good to know I'm not most posters....  42 consecutive starts as an OT at the college level tells me I know a little bit about offense.

The kid has an average arm at best and out-athleted an inferior defense.  If he can do that against an SEC defense remains to be seen.

Golfer

Quote from: 870 RZR on September 09, 2010, 11:16:48 am
I don't think he'll be here long enough, he'll be draft eligible after this year. I can see him jumping to the league at first shot.

How can he jump to the league when there are those here saying that he isn't an SEC QB?

razorbacktim2

Fig Newton isnt a bad QB. But I agree with the poster who says fill up the box and make him throw. He isnt any better than Tebone, but hey he plays for Aubum so he is gonna be over hyped...

Tonight Aubum will get surprised by Miss St ... Aubums defense is still suspect and Fig is not an experienced SEC QB.... But it wont change things they will continue to hype ol Figgy...
whoever coined that term needs some sort of Hogville Medal or accolade of some kind.

b/c that's the kind of genius that makes message boards wonderful.

Thank you kingofdequeen.

DeltaBoy

Cam won't be much after those Dawgs take a big bite out of His 6!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: TechHog on September 09, 2010, 02:10:24 pm

Good to know I'm not most posters....  42 consecutive starts as an OT at the college level tells me I know a little bit about offense.

The kid has an average arm at best and out-athleted an inferior defense.  If he can do that against an SEC defense remains to be seen.
He's gonna get some yards and Auburn's offense will have some success, though not like last week. Miss State has found an offense(courtesy of Florida via Mullen), but it is their defense that is going to win this game and it appears that Auburn's defense is similarly as meek as last year...but it is still really early so we will see tonight.

MSU will try to keep Newton contained and not allow him to get out and stretch his legs where he has a run/throw option. If they can turn him into a "drop back" QB, Auburn will be sucking wind especially if the MSU LB's don't get fooled by all of the motion and play action and stay at home in coverage. Do this, stuff the run and then you force them out of their game plan and into becoming a more "pro-style" offense, which is not their forte.

I'm taking MSU and the 4 points I got earlier today. Come on Mullen, bring the wood and put it on "Cam".
Go Hogs Go!

PHAHog357

I saw that long td pass he threw and it floated in the air I mean zero zip on the long ball. That won't fly in the SEC. I wonder how many closet AU/ Gus fans we have around here because I'm reading a lot of hype about this "perfect"   Qb for Gus but I just didn't see it. Their o-line was spotty as well
Ninohog never forgotten

razorsharptusk

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 09, 2010, 03:33:59 pm
He's gonna get some yards and Auburn's offense will have some success, though not like last week. Miss State has found an offense(courtesy of Florida via Mullen), but it is their defense that is going to win this game and it appears that Auburn's defense is similarly as meek as last year...but it is still really early so we will see tonight.

MSU will try to keep Newton contained and not allow him to get out and stretch his legs where he has a run/throw option. If they can turn him into a "drop back" QB, Auburn will be sucking wind especially if the MSU LB's don't get fooled by all of the motion and play action and stay at home in coverage. Do this, stuff the run and then you force them out of their game plan and into becoming a more "pro-style" offense, which is not their forte.

I'm taking MSU and the 4 points I got earlier today. Come on Mullen, bring the wood and put it on "Cam".

^^^This!
GO HOGS!!

TechHog

Quote from: PHAHog357 on September 09, 2010, 03:34:57 pm
I saw that long td pass he threw and it floated in the air I mean zero zip on the long ball. That won't fly in the SEC. I wonder how many closet AU/ Gus fans we have around here because I'm reading a lot of hype about this "perfect"   Qb for Gus but I just didn't see it. Their o-line was spotty as well

Crim and Thomas will have a field day with that lollipop arm.  His outs have a pretty good arc on them as well...  He will get picked by us early and often.

bphi11ips

Quote from: TechHog on September 09, 2010, 02:10:24 pm

We shall soon find out.

Lakerhog

He's climbin' in your windows, he's snatchin' yo' people up.

Mike_e

Don't be surprised if State lays the wood on auburn like they were a wanna be frat boy.

Gusboy, meet Mr. Mullen.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

TrashHog

Quote from: PHAHog357 on September 09, 2010, 03:34:57 pm
I saw that long td pass he threw and it floated in the air I mean zero zip on the long ball. That won't fly in the SEC. I wonder how many closet AU/ Gus fans we have around here because I'm reading a lot of hype about this "perfect"   Qb for Gus but I just didn't see it. Their o-line was spotty as well

Homeboy! Home, Home, Homeboy!

Coach Obvious

Quote from: Solomwi on September 09, 2010, 04:22:34 pm
The line has moved to AU -1.5

Should I start to worry?

I would have started worrying back when the Red Wolves hung 26 on the War Eagles.

We had the same problem a couple years ago with Western Illinois. Defense didn't do too well that year.

nughaud

Unless he's gotten a lot better he's not as big of threat as he looked against ASU to run.
http://www.njcaa.org/colleges_college_player.cfm?category=stats&sid=11&divid=0&slid=5&collegeId=1687&teamid=92308&athleteid=270689&seasonselect=459

Check those stats from his last year at Blinn.
First game 17 rushes, 17 yards.
Second game 2 rushes 17 yards.
3rd no rushes
4th and 5th game he did go off 13 for 110 and 14 for 204, but I don't know if those schools are any good.
6th 1 for -1
7th 9 for 31
8th 7 for 83 - good
9th 14 for 77 - ok
10th 6 for 16
11th 11 for 2

So can he run, no doubt, is he a killer and a runner all the time...hell no, and this was JC.
He's athlete no doubt, but hardly unstoppable.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Solomwi on September 09, 2010, 04:22:34 pm
The line has moved to AU -1.5

Should I start to worry?

You should have been worried all along.
Go Hogs Go!