Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Josh Bertaccini

Started by fsmhogfan, September 08, 2010, 08:12:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fsmhogfan

Some of you from the Fort Smith Area may remember Josh. He was the co-host of the morning program on 96.3 for a couple years with Tommy Craft.

Anyway, he is back in South Dakota and just won a contest to get his own national talk show on Sirius. Here's the link: www.sirius.com/maddogradio

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

idochog

That guy sucked eggs when he was here.

That sounds MONUMENTAL for him
I love Jesus!

fsmhogfan

Quote from: idochog on September 08, 2010, 10:02:51 am
That guy sucked eggs when he was here.

That sounds MONUMENTAL for him

Is that you Tommy?

wholehog92

He was terrible when here, I imagine his show will last out whatever contract he won.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Buffweazel

Josh is a good guy outside of the radio though!

NeilieN

He was actually pretty good IMO, but his opinions did not fly around here.

fsmhogfan

September 08, 2010, 01:13:30 pm #7 Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 01:37:05 pm by fsmhogfan
Yeah, I liked him too. I could live without the northeast accent, but he brought some national perspective to hog talk without being a hater. Also, he was always well prepared for the show. I couldn't listen to him when he went over to 103.1.

I had to stop listening to the current show because they never brought any fresh ideas or thought to the table and resort to name calling.

Arkiebrian

I never noticed he was gone

TouchdownRazrbcks

Liked him better than ruskin..

Hogpkins

Quote from: TouchdownRazrbcks on September 08, 2010, 01:30:35 pm
Liked him better than ruskin..

Ruskin was blabbering on and on today about how his job is to get a rise out of people and the best compliment he can get is to be called an a--hole.  He dared people to stop listening to him. 

I've always thought he was a bit over the top, and it's no secret that most radio personalities strive to get your attention any way possible, but I felt a little molested to hear him acknowledge that he's just trying to piss his audience off. 

I don't like being challenged to quit listening to some a--hole's show either, especially an a--hole that speaks out of his a--hole most of the time.  That's a good way to trigger my pride. 

Guess I'll have to find a new morning show until they get around to replacing Ruskin.  Can I stomach the morning golf show again?

fsmhogfan

Quote from: Shoatysmalls on September 08, 2010, 03:04:57 pm
Guess I'll have to find a new morning show until they get around to replacing Ruskin. 

I've been listening to Marty and Faldon on 103.1 and then Dan Patrick. It is my opinion that the local 96.3 show is costing the Herd local listeners, because we forget to come back over.

I'm not a prude, but when ruskin called someone a "pr*ck" on the air, that did it for me. I haven't listened and won't listen till he's gone. Just weak.

HawgFan70

To me Ruskin is a Paul Finebaum wanna be. I don't know how many of you ever listen to Finebaum on Sirius but that show is something else.  Those Bama fans beat anything i have ever hears and Finebaum is the biggest sunshine pumped if them all.  They were insulted when someone picked Aubbie to win the west if Finebaum can survive on Sirius i would think Josh can
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

idochog

Ruscin has gotten a bit over the top and frankly I think he has gotten a little bit of the big head w/ that show
I love Jesus!

Harold Atkins

I as someone from Little Rock enjoyed  him  calling Little Rock fans and i quote. "Drunk booger eating couch burners". No matter how you feel about the stadium problem its classless to throw out that zinger for no reason.

discombobulationist

Quote from: fsmhogfan on September 08, 2010, 03:33:55 pm
I've been listening to Marty and Faldon on 103.1 and then Dan Patrick. It is my opinion that the local 96.3 show is costing the Herd local listeners, because we forget to come back over.

I'm not a prude, but when ruskin called someone a "pr*ck" on the air, that did it for me. I haven't listened and won't listen till he's gone. Just weak.
Dan Patrick is so much better than Cowherd anyway. He's the best I've ever heard for sports talk.
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pm
ISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

benthere

Not redneck enough...not even a little...couldn't fake it if he had to.   

fsmhogfan

Quote from: discombobulationist on September 08, 2010, 06:49:45 pm
Dan Patrick is so much better than Cowherd anyway. He's the best I've ever heard for sports talk.
DP is good. He's just such a name dropper. This is likely to cause a firestorm of disagreement, but I loved the Tony Kornheiser show. I miss the mailbag and stories about his springer spaniel, Maggie.

Kilgor

Mike Irwin is and was the best radio guy around here.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Jamie Jones

It's easy to say and hard to prove, but Bertaccini and Craft both belittled me when I called in to say how much better Dennis Johnson was than DeAnthony Curtis when they were coming out of high school. As a matter of fact, I told them how the back from Malvern that same season outplayed Curtis in a head to head game in Malvern.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

Hogpkins

Quote from: jhawg2009 on September 09, 2010, 02:26:15 pm
It's easy to say and hard to prove, but Bertaccini and Craft both belittled me when I called in to say how much better Dennis Johnson was than DeAnthony Curtis when they were coming out of high school. As a matter of fact, I told them how the back from Malvern that same season outplayed Curtis in a head to head game in Malvern.

The Curtis bandwagon was much fuller than the DJ bandwagon until they actually saw the college field.  A lot of DJ backers took heat back then.  Curtis seems like a great kid and good player, so there's no need to really revisit it, but there's plenty of crow to go around.

josh_sec33

let's just say that I was glad he left. I called in once to dispute some crazy theory he had on events in Arkansas that he knew nothing about since he wasn't in the state at the time, and I got the gloss over as he continued his rambling.

but his shows really wasn't much to listen to. Not much insightful conversation at all.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

1836andon

Quote from: Kilgor on September 09, 2010, 02:21:15 pm

That is the worst statement I've ever read on hogville.  And I;ve read a bunch of em here. 

Kilgor

Quote from: 1836andon on September 09, 2010, 09:10:09 pm
That is the worst statement I've ever read on hogville.  And I;ve read a bunch of em here. 

Okay.

fsmhogfan

Quote from: josh_sec33 on September 09, 2010, 09:02:38 pm
let's just say that I was glad he left. I called in once to dispute some crazy theory he had on events in Arkansas that he knew nothing about since he wasn't in the state at the time, and I got the gloss over as he continued his rambling.

but his shows really wasn't much to listen to. Not much insightful conversation at all.

I can see where people would have thought that Josh was arrogant. He had that Syracuse Journalism School pedigree and all. Remember though that he was just 23 when he started here. He wasn't a local and there was resistance to his accent and northeastern style.

However, he didn't resort to name calling and made every effort to "keep it classy" as he liked to say. He attacked ideas, not people. I can live with that.

oldbooniehog

Quote from: fsmhogfan on September 10, 2010, 08:17:03 am
I can see where people would have thought that Josh was arrogant. He had that Syracuse Journalism School pedigree and all. Remember though that he was just 23 when he started here. He wasn't a local and there was resistance to his accent and northeastern style.

However, he didn't resort to name calling and made every effort to "keep it classy" as he liked to say. He attacked ideas, not people. I can live with that.

But it went beyond any sort of regional prejudice.

His problems were

1) He was only 23.

2) He had a Syracuse journalism degree and thought that was good enough by itself.

3) He had no real knowledge at all of Arkansas football history, or SEC football, or the role of college football in Arkansas culture and society and the rest of the south.

You can overcome being only 23 and thinking that your college degree is the be-all and end-all of preparation.

You cannot, however, overcome complete lack of knowledge about your subject area.

You can correct your lack of knowledge by learning and studying and immersing yourself in your subject area.

But you cannot just "fake it" based on your personality, your youth and your degree and have that situation last for long, or turn out well.

obh

razordawg13

It's funny that everyone still feels so strongly about the guy when he hasn't been around in years.  I think Josh did really well for himself here and it's no surprise he's getting a shot nationally now either.  Tommy and Derrick suck bad.  Maybe it's more Craft being a wannabe, but they just have no chemistry.  Josh brought something that at least had everybody listening. 

He's good enough to be one of the best around for a long time.  Whether he makes it or not, who knows.  But it's nice to see he's getting his chance while he's still young.

Let's stop the hate already, about D-Curtis too.  Hoggieville keeps getting so negative lately.

;D

Johnny America

I loved Josh being on the air. Once he moved to the afternoon show with Jimmy the Freak I was really glad he was back on the air. I was bummed to see him fired from that job too. I am glad he is back.
God is not real.

Anthony McReynolds

If you guys dont no it josh is now at 9.21 the ticket in fayetteville and has his on show from 12-2.Its called The Red Zone with Josh Bertaccini.He is also the new PD there to.

Kilgor

Quote from: Shoatysmalls on September 08, 2010, 03:04:57 pmGuess I'll have to find a new morning show until they get around to replacing Ruskin.

The Solid Verbal podcast
ESPNU podcast
CBS College Football podcast
Paul Finebaum podcast
TJ Carpenter podcast
HI Radio podcast (Hawgs Illustrated)
HogCall podcast
Razorpod podcast

No commercials, no static.

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Anthony McReynolds on August 19, 2011, 06:17:49 pm
If you guys dont no it josh is now at 9.21 the ticket in fayetteville and has his on show from 12-2.Its called The Red Zone with Josh Bertaccini.He is also the new PD there to.
Allsome, on a number of levels.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

LeeHarveyHogswald

I met Josh at a golf tournament in Fort Smith a couple of years ago. Real nice guy who had a fresh perspective on everything Razorback.
He even let me do a few on-air intros.
Petrino had been named HC a few months prior and during our conversation Josh talked about how bright he thought Arkansas' future would be as long as CBP was at the helm.

And he called it, brutha!

hoggintrue40

I remember JB was a big supporter of Bobby Petrino early on, even when Arthur Blank, Home Depot and ESPN started trying to tear him down.

Glad to hear he's back around.  I'll be listening.

HogPitBBQ

Quote from: fsmhogfan on September 08, 2010, 08:12:04 am
Some of you from the Fort Smith Area may remember Josh. He was the co-host of the morning program on 96.3 for a couple years with Tommy Craft.

Anyway, he is back in South Dakota and just won a contest to get his own national talk show on Sirius. Here's the link: www.sirius.com/maddogradio

That's the end of sirius. Within 4 months they will be closing up shop.
Hurdle the weak.....
Trample the dead!

HogPitBBQ

Quote from: Kilgor on September 09, 2010, 02:21:15 pm
Please let this be sarcasm.
Hurdle the weak.....
Trample the dead!

Hawgrox

We are all going to die....

Kilgor

Quote from: ScottFaldon on August 21, 2011, 09:03:52 pm
You do realize you quoted a post from September 08, 2010, right?

Gigglesnort*  THAT is pure brilliance Mr. HogPitBBQ.