Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vote Mallett for O'brien. He deserves our support.

Started by Ftsmithmike, September 07, 2010, 08:52:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ftsmithmike

September 07, 2010, 08:52:14 pm Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 01:42:26 pm by Ftsmithmike
http://www.voteobrien.org/login.asp

Vote for Mallett.

The 2010 season marks the fourth year in The O'Brien's history that fans have participated in the voting. The fan vote counts as 5% during each round of voting, and it is combined with the results from the Selection Committee. Fans are invited to cast their vote for the nation's best quarterback as often as once daily at www.VoteOBrien.org; Fan Vote totals are cleared after each voting round.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

Ftsmithmike

September 07, 2010, 09:00:04 pm #1 Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:58:03 pm by Ftsmithmike
Arkansas fans are always crying about not getting respect. We have managed a pathetic 118 votes on the first day of voting. I wonder why we get no respect? We don't matter unless the fans step up and say they matter. Case Keenum is no Ryan Mallett. Yet he gains. I guess Ill just have to find another MB. You were supposed to be this colossus, this great thing.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

Ftsmithmike

What kind of fan base are we? Who are we? Are we getting beaten by the Houston fan base? This is Hogville and we should be in the thousands by midnight. I will be nagging like your next X wife daily to get this one. No one can melt a server like Hville. Make some thing happen.

Ftsmithmike

September 07, 2010, 09:13:20 pm #3 Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:29:04 pm by Ftsmithmike
Case Keenum 407

Ryan Mallett 108

As of this post. Dont delay. Vote today. And tomorrow. And the next day....etc,etc,etc.

One or two days may make the lead insurmountable.

Ftsmithmike

September 07, 2010, 09:17:29 pm #4 Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 10:25:57 pm by Ftsmithmike
Is it too much to ask that we support our Heisman QB?

Will you all throw a fit here on Hogville if he doesnt win this national award?

Dirty

kudzuhog

Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.
Red Auerbach

The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it.
Lou Holtz

Ftsmithmike

Quote from: hogfanwithms on September 07, 2010, 09:21:40 pm
voted

Good Job. way to show your support. Vote daily. These things tend to get out of hand and this is 5% of the overall vote. Thats huge.

Tejano Jawg

Registered. Voted.

Yes, to your point Mike, Mallett is behind a guy we don't know much about because of their conference and who they play (Keenum), a guy who just played his first game in over a year (Griffin), and most insulting of all, 2 guys who just now showed up as first-string quarterbacks (Brantley and Gilbert). Give me a break.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

greasy_corner

RazorBassin

razorhog29

Ftsmithmike

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on September 07, 2010, 09:39:49 pm
Registered. Voted.

Yes, to your point Mike, Mallett is behind a guy we don't know much about because of their conference and who they play (Keenum), a guy who just played his first game in over a year (Griffin), and most insulting of all, 2 guys who just now showed up as first-string quarterbacks (Brantley and Gilbert). Give me a break.
Quote from: greasy_corner on September 07, 2010, 09:42:36 pm
voted
Quote from: jj1121 on September 07, 2010, 09:58:41 pm
Voted
Quote from: razorhog29 on September 07, 2010, 10:05:58 pm
voted

Way to Go Hog Fans. You are the tip of the spear.

hoginator

Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

Hogfan4ever13

Worst to First... That's not improvement for SOME people.

Ftsmithmike

Midnight has come. You may now vote again. It looks like Houston is the team to beat at 400+ vote on the first day. I have to believe we can do this with 30,000 Hogvillians. We are not gaining on Houston right now which says alot about our effort.

Keenum 470

Mallett 145

Maybe we can get a link up on the media sites? Is there anything we can do to show our support for the program? These opportunities dont come along every day. Arkansas has only been the recipient of a few major awards and three of them came the McFadden era. This would be our first Davey O'brien and would be a huge boost to our QB recruiting. Lets get behind this effort and help Mallett help our Hogs.

Hogfan4ever13

Worst to First... That's not improvement for SOME people.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Is that award determined by fan voting?
Let's make some waves.

old hog

September 08, 2010, 06:49:49 am #19 Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 06:51:43 am by old hog
voted.  :razorback:

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

leftymgp

Quote from: hogfanintx on September 08, 2010, 06:37:35 am
Is that award determined by fan voting?

You wouldn't think they'd leave that award up to whichever message board could muster more votes out of its users.

Quote from: leftymgp on September 08, 2010, 08:13:37 am
You wouldn't think they'd leave that award up to whichever message board could muster more votes out of its users.

Kinda what I was thinking.
Let's make some waves.

Well the fan vote counts for 5%.  The votes are erased after every round and you must start over.  At least it counts for something.  I wasn't gonna go to the trouble of registering if it meant nothing, but guess now I will.
Let's make some waves.

OKC

I voted, but it seems like we are loosing ground.

I voted.  I will now be expecting another batch of emails I really don't want to get, but if it helps.
Let's make some waves.

litmachog

Up to 191 but Keenum all the way up to 592.

DLUXHOG

Voted... up to 196, still a ways to go
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

SC Hogfan

American by birth.
Southern by the grace of God.
And a Razorback till I die.
WPS!

DSmithNPS

manpig

Jet Sweep Hog

The role of government is protecting natural rights, not bestowing them.

" ... to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
-- George Mason

Ftsmithmike

I have never recieved any Junk Mail from the O'Brien Foundation. The most I ever suffered was a reminded to vote. It is basically a given that Mallett cannot win the Heisman without first winning the O'Brien. I know we all want this but we have to do better than a cpl hundred votes a day. If just Hville voted daily we should be able to run away with this vote.

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on September 08, 2010, 11:15:41 am
I have never recieved any Junk Mail from the O'Brien Foundation. The most I ever suffered was a reminded to vote. It is basically a given that Mallett cannot win the Heisman without first winning the O'Brien. I know we all want this but we have to do better than a cpl hundred votes a day. If just Hville voted daily we should be able to run away with this vote.

I hear what you are saying.  If however Mallett were to win the fan vote but lose the committee vote it won't matter at all.  Pretty sure the fan vote isn't gonna matter much anyway.  But I am registered now so will vote daily.
Let's make some waves.

Hawgrox

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

I'm vote #221 for Mallett.

Mods sticky this topic!!

wlbrown9

I voted yesterday and today. 

Yep, it is sick that Griffin from Baylor had a 127 or so QB rating in his first game and is in second place. Ryan Mallett's QB rating for the first game was only 225.

LeadHog

Swine & Cheese Club

#236 for Mallett!  Just posted to FB too!  WPS!

gfricke

NeverYield

"You can take a boy out of ole' dixie land lord, but ju'll never take ole' dixie from a boy..."  -Ronnie VanZant

Ftsmithmike

We have a very lazy fan base. I appreciate the effort made thus far. If its not too much to ask keep contributing. The selction commitee is not that large and the fan vote counts for quite a bit. We must keep Mallett in this thing.

razorhogfan

KINGTUSK

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on September 08, 2010, 04:56:55 pm
We have a very lazy fan base. I appreciate the effort made thus far. If its not too much to ask keep contributing. The selction commitee is not that large and the fan vote counts for quite a bit. We must keep Mallett in this thing.

yep, just voted.
Men are like bank accounts.
Without a lot of money they don't generate a lot of interest.

Mr. Cooper

Registered, voted.

Mallett at 308, new leader Jerrod Johnson (Texas A&M) has 1264.
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 21, 2011, 12:24:57 am
oh good...a poster with the word MILF in his avatar,  quoting scripture.
Quote from: ke2743 on March 07, 2011, 11:54:00 pm
Ok then, I'm going to need a vet, a priest, some rubber gloves and 3 gallons of boones farm.  Let's get this party started.

"Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it."

razorhog29

Wow 30,000 members and 300 votes that's pathetic Hogville.

Ftsmithmike

Quote from: Mr. Cooper on September 08, 2010, 07:08:28 pm
Registered, voted.

Mallett at 308, new leader Jerrod Johnson (Texas A&M) has 1264.

Wow. They have fans at A&M. Its been difficult just to keep this thread on the first page. I thought the excitement was high this season. I thought Mallett was part of that excitement.