Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fortson

Started by hogs3434, March 13, 2009, 01:19:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

akp4105

Fortson is a very good player.. He makes some dumb mistakes but some of his passes that end in turnovers are actually very good passes.. its the guys that are trying to catch those passes who arent very good. He sees the floor very well and will become a top PG in the SEC and one the top PG's in the nation. He just needs all the pieces around him.

outlawhogeywells

well I was two dunks from him this year
and I think akp is correct in that some of his turnovers came from not having people around him that were expecting those passes...some of the turnovers were him trying to do it all...he will learn

hei5manhog

"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

smw62485

you could easily put together a similar highlight reel of fortson from this year. he had flashes of brilliance, but not very much consistency.

naturalbornpigger

I would say that Fortson has the potential to be a great SEC point guard.  The truth is, however, he is a long way from there. 
1) He must take better care of the ball - too many turnovers.
2) He must improve his free throw shooting - when your PG can make free throws you have a better chance of winning the close ones.
3) He needs to be able to nail the 3-pt shot from top of the key consistently.

I'd say these things are the difference in being Kareem Reid or Lee Mayberry.  Time will tell which one he can become.  I think we'd all prefer Mayberry.