Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The 2009-10 season now underway-

Started by olivebranchhog, March 12, 2009, 10:59:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

olivebranchhog

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 13, 2009, 06:58:10 am
You should've stopped drinking 2 drinks before this post.  I was saying that his reason for going pro might be immaturity.  He is not mature enough to know that he needs to stay in school and get his degree because his pro career will not last long.  At least, not in the US.

Haha you got me there. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

sickboy

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on March 13, 2009, 01:18:16 am
   first NUTT HUGGER marked and identified

On the topic of Nutt I was against the hire from the get go.  I wanted Tubberville at the time.  Now Ole Miss is my least favorite team in the SEC. 

Quote from: rude1 on March 13, 2009, 08:34:07 am
So if you are correct, then the stands should be full next year right? After all it's only on the message boards where there is discontent, and all the real fans love Pelphrey and the bang up rebuilding job he is doing. I am betting that you are wrong, and the stands will be only half full.

As for ticket sales...not every game was sold out this year so I doubt they will be next year.  I'm not saying that the message boards are the only place where there is discontent.  Nobody who supports Arkansas athletics, be they message board goers or not, wants to see them lose.  However, I still stand by my point which was that the average message board user is on average, not always, more concerned and more vested than your average non-message board fan.  It says something that we're on her constantly looking for information. 

What the original poster was saying is that he/she thought most people who weren't on message boards, that's to say you're average fan, wasn't as likely to be on the "Let's fire Pelphrey" train.  All I was saying was that I agreed with that assessment.  I wasn't making any allegiance to Houston Nutt or prognostication about what ticket sales would be like next year.  But like I said before...if Pelphrey wins, the fire will go away and, yes, people will fill the seats. 

klp1

Quote from: midwestcityhog on March 13, 2009, 12:46:15 am

can you imagine that aforementioned couple from morillton railing for hours about tom ostrum when absolutely NO FACTS EVER have been posted about him?  i mean we have 'solid' rumors and 'inside' information, but not a single fact on the guy has been posteed.... and he's hogville enemy #1.  i hardly think harry and louise of conway county could whip themselves into an ostrum-led frenzy.

If you haven't seen any FACTS EVER on Ostrom you haven't spent much time on the message boards.  There are several posts on this board that detail his shortcomings.  There is a scathing indictment of Ostrom's recruiting skills by Jacksonhog on one of the other boards that is recommended read.

Razorod

Quote from: klp1 on March 13, 2009, 02:55:44 pm
If you haven't seen any FACTS EVER on Ostrom you haven't spent much time on the message boards.  There are several posts on this board that detail his shortcomings.  There is a scathing indictment of Ostrom's recruiting skills by Jacksonhog on one of the other boards that is recommended read.
can you get permission to copy and paste the recommended read?
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Razorod

even though i am certainly no insider or expert, my feeling is that pel's fundamental problem is his trust in ostrum. i think pel's coaching ability would improve tremendously with a new lead assistant. i know too much can made of an assistant's influence, but it seems to me that if even half of the things are true, a big part of our problem lies there.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.