Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't wait to see this team with Powell, Farmer, and Borden

Started by midwestcityhog, March 12, 2009, 10:52:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

midwestcityhog

as if on cue, we played great for 30 minutes, then.... a tie/3 pt game became a 15 point deficit.  pel may not ever be john wooden, but when you dont have depth it just doesnt matter

the pros:
-sanchez.  still fumbled a few passes, but he actually made 'basketball moves' and dribbled inside, and got a bunch of rebounds
-rotnei clark.  creating better
-britt.  i like his defense and his shot selection each time i see him
-welsh's 3 point shooting was cut down by 90%.  dont think he even attempted one in the first half

the cons:
-the young sticks, clark and moore need a LOT more 'bulk' in the offseason, and still are too raw, dropping passes, etc
-washington, while great on rebounds, missed about 10 point-blank shots tonight.  has he checked out already
-fortson played smarter today, but still dribbled into traffic way too often.  some of that is florida some of that is fortson's fast style

oh well.  cross your fingers the seniors make their grades and bring on 2010! :)

Marshfieldhog

Next year's team will be a shell of this years team..and we were 2-14 this year. The sound you hear is the loss of ticket sales and donations to the bball program. It's a disgrace.

VirginiaHog

I agree. If we do not loose any players, adding these three and one more should really help us out. Add to that off season training (most of the freshman haven't had much) and I think our overall team will be better next year. However, will we loose players, which one(s) , and how many are the tale tale signs of next seasons success.

midwestcityhog

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on March 12, 2009, 10:56:03 pm
Next year's team will be a shell of this years team..and we were 2-14 this year. The sound you hear is the loss of ticket sales and donations to the bball program. It's a disgrace.

define shell.   we will probably lose henry, but maybe not.  washington isn't a certainty to leave b/c his draft stock fell so much since the texas game.

who else do we lose?  nobody.  our need was bigs and depth.  voila, we get both with these recruits.

tmorph84

Quote from: midwestcityhog on March 12, 2009, 11:05:26 pm
define shell.   we will probably lose henry, but maybe not.  washington isn't a certainty to leave b/c his draft stock fell so much since the texas game.

who else do we lose?  nobody.  our need was bigs and depth.  voila, we get both with these recruits.

Are you implying that the loss of jason henry isn't a big deal? Just because a recruit fills a position doesn't mean that the team will be any better because of it.

midwestcityhog

Quote from: tmorph84 on March 13, 2009, 02:51:33 am
Are you implying that the loss of jason henry isn't a big deal? Just because a recruit fills a position doesn't mean that the team will be any better because of it.

i mean that it isnt CERTAIN henry is gone.  he might not get along with pel, but where is he going?  not to the pros.  not to lithuania with beverley.  if he's impatient he won't wait  ayear to sit out and transfer.  maybe he'll do one of those, i just think 'wheres he going' and hope its more "he's 18 and cocky" isntead of "he'll never fit in this team"