Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The officials will give this game away

Started by alltimeqb, March 12, 2009, 10:18:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alltimeqb

It's all about attendence and payout.  Florida staying in the tourny is a way to keep attendence and payout up.  It's all about money and the refs know it.

Table Rocker

alltimeqb

The tone of this game changed with favorable officiating to Florida

UAalumUALRlaw

Personally I think we're gonna give this game away with turnovers at big moments and poor shooting. . .

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: alltimeqb on March 12, 2009, 10:23:46 pm
The tone of this game changed with favorable officiating to Florida

The officials? Really? You blame the Officials? ok I 'll go with it the OFFICIALS lost this game for us ;)
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

alltimeqb

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on March 12, 2009, 10:26:44 pm

The officials? Really? You blame the Officials? ok I 'll go with it the OFFICIALS lost this game for us ;)

First, this game isn't over yet. Second, did you watch the first part of the second half? The refs havnt helped.

hawgsmellgud

The first part of the second half? Nope closed my eyes.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

hawgsmellgud

Yeah I watched it and yeah the refs are horrible, but they were bad both ways. We got fatigued and quit playing D and started to make tired mistakes. You can't blame the refs for this effort.

alltimeqb

Fatigue is a problem, has been all year.

hawgsmellgud

2nd half substitution patterns have been a problem all year.

jfred59

They did give it away ...remember TV ratings have a lot to do with it too

hawgsmellgud

Ok now I remember. We played a great game but the refs gave it away. Thanks.

ICEman

The Refs didn't allow us to take that 16 point shot at the buzzer... they cost us the game.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Niels Boar

Florida actually shot more treys than we did, but they shot twice as many FTs.  That's hard to explain on a neutral court, especially since offensive rebounding was pretty close.  Normally FTs correlate positively with O-Rebs and negatively with trey attempts.  And +11 at the FT line was the difference in the game being competitive at the end.  In one sequence Sanchez got mugged on a shot, UF threw an outlet pass to Hodge, Hodge takes the ball all the way to the rim, defender gets out of the way, Hodge falls down, foul Arkansas.  Any chance the SEC was not keen on giving Arkansas a chance to bump UF and Auburn into the NIT?