Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Arkansas vs. Florida Game Thread

Started by athunt, March 12, 2009, 08:29:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Razorvet on March 12, 2009, 10:39:42 pm
+1. But that man is old and kinda out of touch. Im living a fantasy right now where Jaime Dixon takes his Pitt team to the final four and then announces he is following the man who gave him his start as a HC to Arkansas.

Who's that?  Jeff Long was at Pitt, but Dixon was already the HC before Long went to Pitt.

bigdaddy220

Yeah, Razorvet, makes my heart swell to know that someone with over 3,000 posts is giving me the time of day/ :)

N HOG

Well, I can at least rest with the assurance of the majority of posters here that we are young, just need a little time and all will be well.

pigface

Not to worry.   A lights going to go off at the start of next year.

Ding Ding Ding!   We are experienced now and will win a lot of games.   Our coach is handpicked by an  Atlanta search firm.

Table Rocker

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 12, 2009, 10:50:44 pm
No.  Hell, you can't go into NCAAT time without a team.  I usually start at the beginning of the year looking for a team to root for in the NCAAT because I know we won't be there. 

i don't like calhoun though, he's a prick. i'll just root for my bracket which i'm sure will lose to my wife who picks based off mascot and uniform colors.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on March 12, 2009, 10:51:46 pm
Who's that?  Jeff Long was at Pitt, but Dixon was already the HC before Long went to Pitt.
Ben Howland was HC@ Pitt
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

SteveInArk

So... Nail and Sunshine are waiting for an assistant coach to come out and talk to them.  Pel too busy with a presser in the locker room.   Another fitting end of the BB season for the ARSN.  ugh.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

chiefsfan

Quote from: SteveInArk on March 12, 2009, 10:53:46 pm
So... Nail and Sunshine are waiting for an assistant coach to come out and talk to them.  Pel too busy with a presser in the locker room.   Another fitting end of the BB season for the ARSN.  ugh.

this is normal.  Losing team goes first in press room interviews.   nothing unusual here.  happens final game of the season every year

Nolan used to send Mike Anderson out all the time
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Hogeyeblind

Quote from: Table Rocker on March 12, 2009, 10:48:49 pm
i used to live in connecticut, is it wrong for me to adopt them for the rest of the season? of course if i do that they'll lose in the first round.

where did you live rocker?  i lived in hartford for 3 years and my company had a box at the civic center and i went to alot of games.  i always thought calhoun was a doosh but i enjoyed the uconn womens games

BSEE78

Quote from: chiefsfan on March 12, 2009, 10:47:33 pm
I still think Heath's year one team was the worst

IT was one of the worst but rock bottom was Van Eman's 70-71 team that went 5-21.

http://www.hogstats.com/results.php

UltimateHog

Am I the only one almost in tears?

The season's over, and I feel like i've wasted an entire year of caring/watching/anger and every frickin emotion out there that's negative.

And it frickin sucks.

I love basketball and DONT want it to end, March Madness with no Arkansas in there just isn't the same as it is when you see our boys on that bracket.

It sucks, absolutely sucks.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: SteveInArk on March 12, 2009, 10:53:46 pm
So... Nail and Sunshine are waiting for an assistant coach to come out and talk to them.  Pel too busy with a presser in the locker room.   Another fitting end of the BB season for the ARSN.  ugh.
lmao @ sunshine
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

SteveInArk

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

SteveInArk

Britt 34 minutes.  4/8 from the field 10 points total.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: UltimateHog on March 12, 2009, 10:55:25 pm
Am I the only one almost in tears?

The season's over, and I feel like i've wasted an entire year of caring/watching/anger and every frickin emotion out there that's negative.

And it frickin sucks.

I love basketball and DONT want it to end, March Madness with no Arkansas in there just isn't the same as it is when you see our boys on that bracket.

It sucks, absolutely sucks.
David cook on tv aint helping.
It hurts....
@Slackaveli

SteveInArk

4/9 from FT.  But coach says we just aren't getting to the line (liberal translation:  we aren't getting the foul calls!)

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: SteveInArk on March 12, 2009, 10:59:45 pm
4/9 from FT.  But coach says we just aren't getting to the line (liberal translation:  we aren't getting the foul calls!)
the fix sux cox
@Slackaveli

SteveInArk

Coming up after the break, the Rick Shaefer star of the game.  This should be good!  Stay tuned.

GrantMerrill

Did anyone notice that the song playing while Ostrom was talking was "Too Late To Apologize..."

Fitting.

Table Rocker

UCONN/Cuse going into double OT

now i know what it feels like when other conference fans watch an SEC football game- its a whole different ballgame. these teams would make a mudhole outta us.

ALLVOL

Quote from: bigdaddy220 on March 12, 2009, 10:46:38 pm
Well Ravorvet, why keep talking to myself.  Negative talk better than no talk.  I'm new in NW AR. What about a nice welcome instead of a smart remark.
You should try being a VOL fan who also likes the hogs. Dont let'em bug ya man.

SteveInArk

And the winner:  Marcus Britt and Mike Washington, co-winners, per Rick... 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: SteveInArk on March 12, 2009, 11:05:15 pm
And the winner:  Marcus Britt and Mike Washington, co-winners, per Rick...
huh? wth?
@Slackaveli

SteveInArk

You can slant this anyway that you wish.  But we were 4/9 from the FT line.  Florida 15/17 from the line. 

My slant.  We suck from the line, but for the moment, ignor the 5 misses.  We never even get to the line so we can miss...  we don't get there. 

Doesn't mean we would not have lost anyway, but it is still a systemic problem... and I mean a systemic problem with the officiating.   8)

The Hogfather

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 12, 2009, 11:04:18 pm
You should try being a VOL fan who also likes the hogs. Dont let'em bug ya man.

Fail.

ALLVOL

Quote from: SteveInArk on March 12, 2009, 11:15:44 pm
You can slant this anyway that you wish.  But we were 4/9 from the FT line.  Florida 15/17 from the line. 

My slant.  We suck from the line, but for the moment, ignor the 5 misses.  We never even get to the line so we can miss...  we don't get there. 

Doesn't mean we would not have lost anyway, but it is still a systemic problem... and I mean a systemic problem with the officiating.   8)
I thought the game was called clean.

hawgrunner

The Hogfather

SteveInArk

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 12, 2009, 11:18:25 pm
I thought the game was called clean.

Hence, my disclaimer in the first line.

I don't think we had TOO many bad calls "against" us.  I just think we had essentially NO calls against Florida.

thirtythree

Quote from: Pig in the Poke on March 12, 2009, 10:55:32 pm
lmao @ sunshine

He has too. SEC rules. They trump Arkansas'. Good lord. Anything to bash JP.

ALLVOL

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 12, 2009, 11:19:18 pm
That's a surprise.
Why is that? I was rooting for the Hogs big time. I dont think the officials are why the Hogs lost.

The Hogfather

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 12, 2009, 11:28:15 pm
Why is that? I was rooting for the Hogs big time. I dont think the officials are why the Hogs lost.

Didn't say that was the reason we lost, but it wasn't the best officiating I've seen.

ALLVOL

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 12, 2009, 11:31:33 pm
Didn't say that was the reason we lost, but it wasn't the best officiating I've seen.
I didnt say that. I thought it was called clean or fair. Which ever you prefer to say.

The Hogfather

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 12, 2009, 11:33:25 pm
I didnt say that. I thought it was called clean or fair. Which ever you prefer to say.

I thought it was neither nor.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: SteveInArk on March 12, 2009, 11:15:44 pm

Doesn't mean we would not have lost anyway, but it is still a systemic problem... and I mean a systemic problem with the officiating.   8)
You don't get many FT's when over half your shots are from 3 pt range. I've been saying it all year and the coach apparently never picked up on that...letting his team jack 3's like there was no tomorrow. I hope there is no tomorrow for Pel and many on this team.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.