Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sunbelt Conference Tournament

Started by trippigs, March 12, 2009, 06:41:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

trippigs

Previously there were some comments on the board about Hot Springs as a choice of tourney location.  Well, the Sunbelt commissioner was "really pleased with the tournament" atmosphere and attendance. Women attendance actually broke the record and men attendance was the best since 2003. Pretty good for the first of a 3 year hitch. Kudos to those who supported this event.

stchane

Way to go CE for getting the SunBelt to come there!
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

hoglady

Next year they won't have the SEC Women's Tourney in direct competition.
I plan to be there for all sessions along with others who were at the SEC tourney this year. Hopefully, UALR men will have a good year - they will be young, they lose a ton off this years team. UALR women should be a contender again as they lose no one.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

N HOG

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought I was confused and was watching the Sun Belt Tournament tonight at Tampa.

Or was I?

chiefsfan

Quote from: hoglady on March 12, 2009, 11:17:21 pm
Next year they won't have the SEC Women's Tourney in direct competition.
I plan to be there for all sessions along with others who were at the SEC tourney this year. Hopefully, UALR men will have a good year - they will be young, they lose a ton off this years team. UALR women should be a contender again as they lose no one.

UALR wont be young.  They signed 5 JUCO transfers

shields is a good coach, but one of these years signing only JUCO's will come back to haunt him.   Nutt did the same thing at ASU, and we have been paying for it for 2 years
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hoglady

Quote from: chiefsfan on March 13, 2009, 02:42:47 am
UALR wont be young.  They signed 5 JUCO transfers

shields is a good coach, but one of these years signing only JUCO's will come back to haunt him.   Nutt did the same thing at ASU, and we have been paying for it for 2 years

Didn't realize he had signed that many JUCO players. We'll see how they mesh together as a team. I wonder how many scholarships UALR will have available for the 2011 class.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality