Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Men's tourney time - what are your thoughts?

Started by vandybuff, March 11, 2009, 05:05:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

vandybuff

Any good/bad signs?  (A good sign is coaches and players took four suits; a bad sign is they only took the clothing they were wearing and parked in the short-term lot.)

Good luck to you!
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

thirtythree

I think LSU will probably pull it out, but you never know. The SEC has been crazy this year, so I think anything is possible. Auburn is playing well, so they could be in the mix too.

yraciv

Is it bad if I think Florida takes it?  I think it is going to be a team on the NCAA bubble. TN is bad in the SEC tourney, and LSU is already in. 

I actually think the Hogs can go on a run if we upset FL, but have no thoughts of us winning it all.

rzrbackrob

At this point if the Hogs give UF a game I'll be surprised, but thrilled.
Kentucky by history always does good in the SEC tournament and they may need to win it more than anyteam with 1/2 chance to make it to the NCAA tourney.
Vandybuff I'll be pulling for your Dores, but your big man Ogilvy (sp?) back looked like it was really hurting him during the Arkansas game.
Good is the enemy of great

thirtythree

Quote from: rzrbackrob on March 11, 2009, 05:23:42 pm
At this point if the Hogs give UF a game I'll be surprised, but thrilled.
Kentucky by history always does good in the SEC tournament and they may need to win it more than anyteam with 1/2 chance to make it to the NCAA tourney.
Vandybuff I'll be pulling for your Dores, but your big man Ogilvy (sp?) back looked like it was really hurting him during the Arkansas game.

Whoever was on sportstalk today said that if UK didn't win it BG was out. i don't know if that would be the case or not.

Hognum P.I.

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq95/arkchirodoc/th_Obamastan.jpg

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried!

HogBreath

I hate to say it, hope I'm wrong, but I see Florida cruising past us. I kinda figure our guys are just ready to get this season over with.  Again, hope I'm wrong.

I'll go with Tennessee to win the tourney.  If it's not us, rather it be Vandy or MSU.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

vandybuff

Thank you all --- and thank you for your support of Vandy.  Keep the comments coming. 
And my pick is Vandy with my heart but LSU with my head.  I think they can return to the level of play we saw in Feb.

Ogilvy has battled flu, bad heel, etc. throughout the conference season.  I am hopeful our other big man (both 6-11) Festus Ezeli (yep, Festus -- we really need a "Matthew" and "Doc") will play more minutes.  Even a healthy team will struggle if they advance in a four consecutive days of play tournament.

Hot_Town_Hog

My thoughts are the SECT is wider open than it's been in a while and all bets are off starting tomorrow. I would put my money on a bubble team likely winning, which would be all but LSU and Tenn (would also say SC is in despite what some might say).

If the Hogs have not quit on Pel and their is mutual respect between them, I still say we will see them play harder than we have since SEC play started, excluding the UGA game. Florida will be a tough out, but I really do think we have a legit shot if the effort is there. We also need to hit our 3's, keep Wash out of foul trouble, and keep a man on Calathes.

Losing Henry was not part of my plan, but we have seen first hand what a team can do if they really want it. My reference there is obviously to Heath's last year when we upset 3 teams in a row to make the finals all due to the players hustling their butts off to save the Coach's job.

Tomorrow night should tell us a lot with regard to effort and the respect this team has for Pel.

BTW, since a Vandy fan started the thread, I will add that if the Hogs can't win it I will be pulling for the Dores.

blacksuit

I'll be disappointed if the Hogs come out flat against Florida, but I won't be surprised. I agree that Kentucky is the team to watch, they have a lot to play for.

threeNout

The Hogs playing in the late game extends our season by a few more hours.

seriously, come tip time all this negative stuff goes away, I'll be pulling for a Hog win tomorrow night.

rzrbackrob

Good is the enemy of great

vandybuff

Quote from: rzrbackrob on March 11, 2009, 08:16:23 pm
Is the game on TV?
Raycom has every game until the championship, which is CBS Sunday - Noon cdt

vandybuff

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on March 11, 2009, 07:23:45 pm
My thoughts are the SECT is wider open than it's been in a while and all bets are off starting tomorrow. I would put my money on a bubble team likely winning, which would be all but LSU and Tenn (would also say SC is in despite what some might say).

If the Hogs have not quit on Pel and their is mutual respect between them, I still say we will see them play harder than we have since SEC play started, excluding the UGA game. Florida will be a tough out, but I really do think we have a legit shot if the effort is there. We also need to hit our 3's, keep Wash out of foul trouble, and keep a man on Calathes.

Losing Henry was not part of my plan, but we have seen first hand what a team can do if they really want it. My reference there is obviously to Heath's last year when we upset 3 teams in a row to make the finals all due to the players hustling their butts off to save the Coach's job.

Tomorrow night should tell us a lot with regard to effort and the respect this team has for Pel.

BTW, since a Vandy fan started the thread, I will add that if the Hogs can't win it I will be pulling for the Dores.

Thank you ---- as I will be pulling for you   but the problem is that after you beat FL and AU and we beat AL and TN, then we meet in the Semi's  (no, I am not laughing --- smiling uncontrollably - yes ------ but not laughing).

btw, why is Henry not traveling?

Hot_Town_Hog

Mr Henry is suspended indefinitely and will not make the trip....Good thing we have a deep bench!!! Advantage to Vandy on Saturday.....See you then!!   

vandybuff

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on March 11, 2009, 09:20:11 pm
Mr Henry is suspended indefinitely and will not make the trip....Good thing we have a deep bench!!! Advantage to Vandy on Saturday.....See you then!!  

:) at this point in both our seasons, 'indefinitely' could mean 40 minutes :)

HOGSWEAT

idiotghos

I'd figure someone from the west.  Bama and Auburn both finished well.

hei5manhog

"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

31to6

Quote from: vandybuff on March 11, 2009, 05:05:06 pm
Any good/bad signs?  (A good sign is coaches and players took four suits; a bad sign is they only took the clothing they were wearing and parked in the short-term lot.)

Good luck to you!
My thoughts?

"Please God, let it end."

Gonna root for Mizzou with my wife this March and pretend the SEC has no tourney.

pitbull1

Just get this season over and go from there.  Fire who needs to be fired, release who wants to be released, and hope for the best.

vandybuff

Quote from: wdremington on March 12, 2009, 02:58:34 am
My thoughts?

Gonna root for Mizzou with my wife this March and pretend the SEC has no tourney.

Go Mizzou!  They have a former Vandy player, DeMarre Carroll, who transfered to play for his relative (uncle, I think).  I, too, will be pulling for them!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: vandybuff on March 11, 2009, 05:05:06 pm

Good luck to you!
Are they playing the SECT this year? I haven't thought about it one second and don't plan to.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

31to6

Quote from: wdremington on March 12, 2009, 02:58:34 am
My thoughts?

For the record, watching the damn game. Hope they don't break my heart in the second half... again.