Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Henry isn't the only player in trouble...

Started by Porkatarian, March 11, 2009, 11:35:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver

Quote from: heathtits on March 11, 2009, 02:06:47 pm
Wow. This will be my last post in Jump Ball until something actually changes.

Cheers.

That sucks.  It's difficult enough to find a rational post in a lot of these threads even when you were posting.

NedBeattySquealed

Quote from: heathtits on March 11, 2009, 02:06:47 pm
Wow. This will be my last post in Jump Ball until something actually changes.

Cheers.

Bad news. See you in 2011.
" It's not hate...Well come to think of it, yes it is."

dfwhog22

I agree with a few people who have said the number one thing we need to do is get this garbage out of the program.  I can handle another losing season as long as we don't have all this thug stuff going on.  And ruarealhog I agree that the comparisons to THA U is a little overblown but even without fortson being in this, we still have problems.  I think its one of those things where pel just cant fit with these players.  He seems like he can be a great coach at a smaller school but I question his ability to relate to the type of players that you have to recruit to win at big time programs.  I still want pel to be successful even if its somewhere else but I just hope the best for both parties happens.

Fortson and Henry are roommates, not that it necessarily means they did this together but for what its worth....

dfwhog22

Quote from: want2be on March 11, 2009, 01:52:41 pm

Pel may want to consider a hiring a young assistant coach like Corliss who can assoiciate with these players and  deal with their pier pressure and bad attitudes. He has lost their respect and evidentally is not consistent with his discipline.

+1!  If pel gets another year which most think he will this needs to happen.

HogBreath

Quote from: Tomhog™ on March 11, 2009, 11:45:24 am
Without this player, every game would be a blowout.  That is why it has always been tidied up behind the scenes.
So Pelphrey has gotten himself a Tiger by the tail, he can't let go, and he can't hold on.

Time to make the hard decision.  Some have said this bunch has no leadership, they have a leader I'd imagine, just not the kind you would hope for.  And that's where the removal of players will have to start.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

sylvia

Quote from: HogBreath on March 11, 2009, 06:48:32 pm
So Pelphrey has gotten himself a Tiger by the tail, he can't let go, and he can't hold on.

Time to make the hard decision.  Some have said this bunch has no leadership, they have a leader I'd imagine, just not the kind you would hope for.  And that's where the removal of players will have to start.

True.  you can have players with problems on a team, but when they seem to bring out the worst in each other, it makes it much more difficult to keep things in hand.  Similar to separating certain kids in a classroom.

pigz

So is this hypothetically what really happened?
You guys have a good time frig dancing

thirtythree

I'm gonna have to go to McDonalds and get the decoder ring out of my sons happy meal or something.

Newhopehog

If Fortson paid for his what is the big scream about him playing.....and I am certainly no Fortson fan....

board

What do we have here? Stupid players? Stupid coaches? Both?

Is there a common factor?

HoopS

I cracked the Nutty Code in MMQB.  It was thought to be impossible, but my desire prevailed.  You too can learn to "crack the code".  For a one time cost of $179.95, you'll receive all you need to "crack the codes of Hogville".  But hurry, you know I can't stay here all day.  Act within the next hour and you'll receive a replica of the "Nutty Code Decoder Ring", the very ring I used to crack the code myself.  With a deal like this, supplies are limited.  Be one of the first 500 to order and you'll also receive a Nutt Rag.  What are you waiting for?   Pick up the phone already.

Newhopehog

Quote from: HoopS on March 11, 2009, 07:58:27 pm
I cracked the Nutty Code in MMQB.  It was thought to be impossible, but my desire prevailed.  You too can learn to "crack the code".  For a one time cost of $179.95, you'll receive all you need to "crack the codes of Hogville".  But hurry, you know I can't stay here all day.  Act within the next hour and you'll receive a replica of the "Nutty Code Decoder Ring", the very ring I used to crack the code myself.  With a deal like this, supplies are limited.  Be one of the first 500 to order and you'll also receive a Nutt Rag.  What are you waiting for?   Pick up the phone already.
where do I send the money???

Boarcephus

Quote from: Richard_white on March 11, 2009, 01:09:41 pm
Whoever the player or players were, you can't do too much worse than 2-14 in the SEC.

If it means getting rid of the problems...I'd rather see a whole new team next year and work together than a bunch of problem makers while losing at the same time.

Pel had the chance to bring in a brand new team this year and we've seen how it's turned out.  I'm not sure about you but I question his ability to bring in a new bunch who can work together like you suggest. 

I guess he signed 6 kids, one has quit, one has been in the doghouse off and on all year long and is now suspended, and evidently another one is in trouble.  If half the kids you sign get into trouble, you're not long for the job.  If you score 50% on a test you'll flunk it and it's the same in basketball recruiting.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

blacksuit

I say this only as a joke, but at least we know boosters aren't handing our players cash, cause then they wouldn't need to steal.

HoopS

Newhope, looks like you'll get yourself a decoder ring & a Nutt Rag!  Act fast folks. 

PM me for specifics on where to send your cash. 

But hurry.

Gotta go, just got 11 orders in the last 45 seconds.

PoormansRobbyHampton

This is embarrassing. It's one thing to be a bad team, but with character guys It's another to have a bad team and rejects. Hard to pull off both, and definitely not a good situation. Something needs to get shaken up.

Porkatarian

Quote from: tolerati on March 11, 2009, 01:16:02 pm
Hypothetically, what if someone named Henry and Fortson and a football player got caught shoplifting? And what if, this person named Henry got indefinite suspension, the football player got arrested and later disciplined by the head football coach while the guy named Fortson paid for his merchandise and was released, and what if they all had done this before, been caught before, and it had never been made public...what would you say?

I would say that I have no idea who this poster is, but he or she knows someone extremely close to our basketball program.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

WilsonHog

Quote from: Porkatarian on March 11, 2009, 08:29:35 pm
I would say that I have no idea who this poster is, but he or she knows someone extremely close to our basketball program.

Porkatarian out...

Something tells me that Bobby Petrino would take a dim view of such disparate treatment of one of his football players.

I can't see how having Petrino irked would be in anyone's best interest.

HogBreath

And to think that all this time, so many felt that Welsh was the cancer on the team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

board

Quote from: Porkatarian on March 11, 2009, 08:29:35 pm

Porkatarian out...

That scenario would not be hard to come up with simply by reading this board.

Porkatarian

Quote from: board on March 11, 2009, 08:37:54 pm

That poster nailed it.

Porkatarian out...

BigoBoys

There is one thing that I have learned about this board during my time here that you can bank on.  Pork, Pseudo, and Keys know! 

board

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 11, 2009, 08:32:57 pm
Something tells me that Bobby Petrino would take a dim view of such disparate treatment of one of his football players.

I can't see how having Petrino irked would be in anyone's best interest.

Has always seemed to me the only reason Pel is here at all is because he was willing to take the 3X increase in salary and an SEC gig. He didn't expect this.

Even being waist deep in his own excrement, hopefully he is not concerned about what Petrino thinks.

RazorHawg16

Unfortunately, It doesn't matter bc Pel will  be here next year as well.

RazorHawg16

Quote from: Tomhog™ on March 11, 2009, 08:45:38 pm
Pel wasn't ready for this grand a stage, that much is obvious.
Yes, but he will be back next year and that bites!

WilsonHog

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on March 11, 2009, 08:46:21 pm
Yes, but he will be back next year and that bites!

Don't use too many exclamation points.

tolerati

Quote from: board on March 11, 2009, 08:37:54 pm
Hogville is a good thing.
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

RazorHawg16

Oliver

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 11, 2009, 08:51:15 pm

I would add exclamation points because it does BITE.

elksnort

Quote from: want2be on March 11, 2009, 01:52:41 pm

Pel may want to consider a hiring a young assistant coach like Corliss who can assoiciate with these players and  deal with their pier pressure and bad attitudes. He has lost their respect and evidentally is not consistent with his discipline.
A good idea, but will not Pelphrey have to earn their respect?

Oliver

Quote from: elksnort on March 11, 2009, 09:01:32 pm
A good idea, but will not Pelphrey have to earn their respect?

Exactly.  In essence is saying, well Pel can't get their respect so let's hire an assistant that can. 

rzrbackrob

Quote from: HoopS on March 11, 2009, 07:58:27 pm
I cracked the Nutty Code in MMQB.  It was thought to be impossible, but my desire prevailed.  You too can learn to "crack the code".  For a one time cost of $179.95, you'll receive all you need to "crack the codes of Hogville".  But hurry, you know I can't stay here all day.  Act within the next hour and you'll receive a replica of the "Nutty Code Decoder Ring", the very ring I used to crack the code myself.  With a deal like this, supplies are limited.  Be one of the first 500 to order and you'll also receive a Nutt Rag.  What are you waiting for?   Pick up the phone already.

I had it Fedex'd and have it right now. I gave the piece of cloth to an Old P*ss fan.

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 11, 2009, 08:51:15 pm

The ring told me Pel may not stick around, but I'm worried that the cloth may have damaged the ring.

Good is the enemy of great

HoopS

tolerati

Quote from: rzrbackrob on March 11, 2009, 09:05:44 pm
I had it Fedex'd and have it right now. I gave the piece of cloth to an Old P*ss fan.

The ring told me Pel may not stick around, but I'm worried that the cloth may have damaged the ring.

A Nutt rag is notorious for doing a lot of damage. But I suppose only time will tell if your ring is damaged or not.
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

BigSexyHog

Count me officially off the Pel bandwagon.....  He is useless at this point as a coach.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

beachhawg

Quote from: HogBreath on March 11, 2009, 08:37:28 pm
And to think that all this time, so many felt that Welsh was the cancer on the team.

And why would you say he was not? 

HogBreath

Quote from: Bailey on March 11, 2009, 10:07:26 pm
And why would you say he was not? 
Because Fortson has been the problem all along.

beachhawg

Quote from: HogBreath on March 11, 2009, 10:13:44 pm
Because Fortson has been the problem all along.

He isnt the only problem, so, therefore the statement that one was not a cancer is not true.  That team has many tumors.

hawgsav1

You people in Jump Ball have yet to figure out the problem.  Idiots...the real answer lies here in this thread:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=285658.0

Now those guys are the real problems with the team 

;)
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Porkatarian

UAalumUALRlaw

Quote from: Porkatarian on March 11, 2009, 11:35:16 am
Of course, if Pel holds true to form, then he'll just sweep it under the rug, just like has done for this player numerous times this season.

That's all I can say at this time.

If any of you guys know someone on the campus police, you should be able to find out what I'm talking about.

Porkatarian out...

Why all the inuendo? What happened?

Porkatarian

One of the kids involved will be playing tomorrow night against Florida. 

And people wonder why some of the players don't seem to listen to Pel while they're on the floor.

Porkatarian out...

tolerati

If you are wise, you will listen to Porkatarian

Marshfieldhog

Pel really is in over his head, I just don't see the benefit of another year for Pel. Even if there is a 25% percent chance of Pel turning this thing around, odds are he will not and our program can't take waiting 3-4 years to get this thing going again.

It's all about ticket sales, and if Pel stays ticket sales will be horrible due to defections and a less than stellar recruiting class. Long seems to be about the money and I don't think Pel is going to stem the tide of ticket sales.

UAalumUALRlaw

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on March 11, 2009, 11:29:17 pm
Pel really is in over his head, I just don't see the benefit of another year for Pel. Even if there is a 25% percent chance of Pel turning this thing around, odds are he will not and our program can't take waiting 3-4 years to get this thing going again.

It's all about ticket sales, and if Pel stays ticket sales will be horrible due to defections and a less than stellar recruiting class. Long seems to be about the money and I don't think Pel is going to stem the tide of ticket sales.

I don't necessarily disagree with you on the point that it may take Pel 3-4 years to right ths ship. But I'm not sure that anybody could right the ship in less than 3-4 years. Who and how do you think we could fix things any more quickly. Things are really bad right now and I'd say Pel is much less responsible than Frank, Stan, and maybe even Nolan to some extent in the latter years. Arkansas basketball is at an all time low and I don't think anyone really knows what the solution is. Maybe we should get rid of Pel, but I'm not convinced that that would fix anything because I'm not sure that he's the problem.

WilsonHog

Quote from: UAalumUALRlaw on March 12, 2009, 01:18:49 am
I don't necessarily disagree with you on the point that it may take Pel 3-4 years to right ths ship. But I'm not sure that anybody could right the ship in less than 3-4 years. Who and how do you think we could fix things any more quickly. Things are really bad right now and I'd say Pel is much less responsible than Frank, Stan, and maybe even Nolan to some extent in the latter years. Arkansas basketball is at an all time low and I don't think anyone really knows what the solution is. Maybe we should get rid of Pel, but I'm not convinced that that would fix anything because I'm not sure that he's the problem.

Let's suppose it does take 3 or 4 years (I think 2-3 is more likely). Does Long take the hit on ticket sales and revenue for those years, or does he go out and hire a coach who has has reason to believe will remind those fans of the glory days and get people back to BWA even during those years?

HogBreath

Quote from: UAalumUALRlaw on March 12, 2009, 01:18:49 am
Pelphrey is responsible for recruiting the guys who can't seem to stay out of trouble.  Frank, Nolan & Stan didn't have anything to do with that.  We had consecutive 20 win seasons and NCAA tourney berths with Heath's coaching & players, then another last year with Pel coaching Heath's players.  Now that Heath and his players are gone, the ca-ca has hit the fan.

thirtythree

I am trying to be clear on something. Did CF get caught shoplifting and thn pay for his stuff or did he pay for his stuff up fornt and the other 2 got caught.It was also being reported that JH wasn't shoplifting. Is that true or not?

Tomhog™

March 12, 2009, 07:06:12 am #99 Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 07:30:39 am by Tomhog™
The players aren't the only ones in trouble.  I bet there is more than one coach having serious job security issues after this season.

When kids are out breaking the law (in several ways), not going to school, and not listening to coaching, it's a program spun out of control without true leadership.  A big time SEC program should not be having to go through what I consider to be way beyond rebuilding.   Nothing is being built, yet instead it is a program under demolition.

This is what you get for going down the who to hire list too far.  Pelphrey was dealt a horrible hand for his second year, but did absolutely nothing to help himself.  I hate it that this has happened and so wanted him to succeed since he truly understands the traditions of this fine school.