Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

102 days until the first game of the 2018 season-and counting

Started by JHicks3636, November 06, 2017, 01:04:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CJ HOG

BroyledNutts

jst01

jst01

And since others are posting some of their childhood favorites, this guy.  Always liked him and wished he was wearing a Cards hat.

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

jst01

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on February 09, 2018, 08:12:16 am
Where is Zach these days?  That guy could hit!

I don't think he is signed with anyone.  Pretty sure he is now involved in real estate with his wife's father, up in Benton county.

CJ HOG

DEVIL DOG HOG

What a beautiful day for a ball game.  Lets move the open day up a week.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

hogfan14

Checked my phone and saw a rain icon on next Friday and Saturday's forecast  :-\

Hopefully it stays away

flippinhogmana

Quote from: CJ HOG on February 09, 2018, 10:58:32 am
One week away...

The Mick!

could it have been any other MLB player?
he was class all the way despite being from Oklahoma

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

SPAL

I hated Biggio but I respected him. Much like my love hate relationship for #2

pigture perfect

1 week from right now, we will be recapping our first game/win. I'm excited.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

MissippHog

Jumping the gun by a few minutes here, but I wanted to get Stan in first and it's past my bedtime, haha. 

"It seemed like I always did some great hitting in Brooklyn. The field there was close to the stands. Every time I started walking to the plate, I could hear the fans say, 'Here comes that man again. Here comes that man.' - Stan "The Man" Musial

BroyledNutts

Beat me to it, Missipp .... I'll post a couple Hogs later in the day, but there's really only one #6 ....

SPAL

BroyledNutts

Ok ... now for some Hogs ... Couldn't find a quality pic of Hode in his Razorback uniform - if anyone has one, please share ...

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

MissippHog

BroyledNutts

BroyledNutts

BroyledNutts

February 11, 2018, 01:36:38 pm #222 Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 01:49:20 pm by BroyledNutts
And one legendary #5 ...

https://youtu.be/Jzy75Jkoq_g

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: BroyledNutts on February 11, 2018, 01:36:38 pm
And one legendary #5 ...

https://youtu.be/Jzy75Jkoq_g
One of those moments in my life as a fan that I will never forget.  I remember it vividly in my mind like it's happening right now.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

pigture perfect

We can say, "This Week".  My favorite season starts. I love the rest, but baseball's the best!
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

SPAL

Wisco Pig

The Iron Horse, nice.   Here's another famous #4.  We'll probably see Arkansas play a lot of Earl Weaver ball this season: "The key to winning baseball games is pitching, fundamentals, and three-run homers."

BroyledNutts

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

MissippHog

Bonus picture:  The Babe at Majestic Park in Hot Springs

BroyledNutts

That's a really cool pic of the Babe at Hot Springs. I really enjoy seeing pics from the early period of baseball.

BroyledNutts

BroyledNutts

MissippHog

Quote from: BroyledNutts on February 13, 2018, 04:01:04 pm
That's a really cool pic of the Babe at Hot Springs. I really enjoy seeing pics from the early period of baseball.
There's a good documentary out there called The First Boys of Spring that does a pretty good job of documenting Hot Springs' role in baseball history. 

SPAL

PintailKiller

"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

BroyledNutts

BroyledNutts

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

CJ HOG

Quote from: BroyledNutts on February 14, 2018, 01:43:46 pm
I'd like to see everyone else's favorite DVH pics ....
Here's a few more...

And if the hat comes off, get ready for an ear full!

DVH is second to none.

BroyledNutts

If the hat comes off, it's officially become a cage match ...

SPAL

BroyledNutts

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 14, 2018, 03:01:15 pm
I leave broyled in charge of the hog pics.

You know, after doing a little digging to find other MLB #2s, I couldn't find many known names, other than Jeter ... You would think ole #2 would have a number of infielders attached to it, but not so, apparently. Any old school #2s out there we might know?

BTW, I didn't mean to take over the countdown thread with the Hog pics ...

CJ HOG

Quote from: BroyledNutts on February 14, 2018, 05:45:54 pm
You know, after doing a little digging to find other MLB #2s, I couldn't find many known names, other than Jeter ... You would think ole #2 would have a number of infielders attached to it, but not so, apparently. Any old school #2s out there we might know?

BTW, I didn't mean to take over the countdown thread with the Hog pics ...

Most of these aren't household names, but they're all in the HoF...

Red Schoendienst -  Cards
Tommy Lasorda - Dodgers
Billy Herman - Cubs
Nellie Fox - White Sox
Leo Durocher - Dodgers

TexasDad

BroyledNutts

Love that scowl on his face ... reminds me of when my dad used to look like that at me ...

liljo

Quote from: BroyledNutts on February 14, 2018, 07:58:33 pm
Love that scowl on his face ... reminds me of when my dad used to look like that at me ...

Yes sir! That was the look that said, "son, I can't make you like it, but I can make you ACT like you like it."

By the way, I'm pretty new around here. This is an awesome thread.
Go Hogs! PLAY BALL!
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

MissippHog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 15, 2018, 01:35:12 am #248 Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 01:49:05 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Can't beat Ozzie, but doesn't hurt to put this guy in there too.

BroyledNutts

One. Lousy. Day.   .................. If anyone has a pic of Casey Rowlett, please post it....