Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shorter

Started by GrizzlyRider07, July 28, 2013, 10:46:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: twistitup on July 28, 2013, 02:39:44 pm
You've never been on a road trip for some tail?

These dudes have...

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

twistitup

^
I hope that's not what came to your mind first when I said 'road trip for tail'...
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Steef

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 28, 2013, 10:29:58 pm
Great movie.

Grosse Point Blank was my favorite Cusack.

Speedracer

Like smites bother me.

Uncommon

On the Razorback Nation Pig Trail Show, RD said that Kevin Shorter is on an unofficial visit at Arkansas until Tuesday.  Very good for us to leave a last impression on the week he makes his college decision.  Go get him Coach Thomas!

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: steefhog on July 28, 2013, 10:32:41 pm
Grosse Point Blank was my favorite Cusack.
That's a good one. I happen to prefer High Fidelity.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: BeastBack 50 on July 28, 2013, 10:43:35 pm
On the Razorback Nation Pig Trail Show, RD said that Kevin Shorter is on an unofficial visit at Arkansas until Tuesday.  Very good for us to leave a last impression on the week he makes his college decision.  Go get him Coach Thomas!
You're always on top of things Beast.

I would think at the very least he's keeping an open mind about us. Crystal Ball says 80% aTm for whatever that is worth.

The Boar War

No.  RD is wrong.  He's obviously in Fayetteville for sex.

whosiskid

Man, if Shorter is in town until Tuesday, we will get him.

I had pretty much conceded him to A&M, but apparently Dean may have put loving but firm pressure on him to come to Fayetteville. I have read a couple of places that they are not merely cousins, but more like brothers. Dean isn't a relative, but family.

I'd love to see us get Shorter and then offer and get a commit from Ryan Williams, lock down RB for a few years.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

zane

Quote from: whosiskid on July 29, 2013, 12:29:56 am
Man, if Shorter is in town until Tuesday, we will get him.

I had pretty much conceded him to A&M, but apparently Dean may have put loving but firm pressure on him to come to Fayetteville. I have read a couple of places that they are not merely cousins, but more like brothers. Dean isn't a relative, but family.

I'd love to see us get Shorter and then offer and get a commit from Ryan Williams, lock down RB for a few years.

Good to see you back around.

Hope we can land this kid!
RIP LSUfan

mmhogs17

Oh, we can't go against the mighty Otis, we know he's never been wrong.

whosiskid

Quote from: zane on July 29, 2013, 01:09:42 am
Good to see you back around.

Hope we can land this kid!

Sorta, kinda back around.

Still unpacking. And still need to buy a lot of stuff for my new place. The movers broke a LOT of stuff - a bunch of bookcases, nearly all my lamps - and I need to get more.

Still not sure how I feel about Atlanta. I lived in Chicago so long that it came to feel like my second home (after Little Rock). I live in the Sandy Springs area of Atlanta (which confuses me, because if I get on 400 and go south I see a sign many miles south saying "Now Entering Atlanta" but on my mailing address it says "Atlanta") and like it OK. I haven't found a place where I can get my dog off the leash and let him run, though I'm so close to the Chattahoochee National Recreation Area that I can walk 50 yards and enter it. There are some trails we can hit that are OK, but not especially beautiful. We did see a Golden Eagle once, and we've seen a couple of deer (my dog had never seen a deer before and obviously was confused seeing them, while he freaked out seeing the Eagle; birds are simply not supposed to be that gigantic). I've been so busy I haven't had time to do things like find a church (which is weird; I haven't seen many churches at all, but you know they have to be there).

But at least I'm in SEC country. In fact, I'm very close to where Chris Murphy plays HS ball (Marietta). You hear football discussed all the time on the radio and I like how proud they are here of their team. They are really happy that Georgia runs a clean program and see it as one of their advantages in recruiting.

I'll probably be posting more in a month or so. Especially after I get a new computer and ISP. I had Clear in Chicago, which is also in Atlanta, but none of the towers are aligned where I can get decent reception, so the Internet is really slow. But I detest Comcast and ATT, the main options here, so I don't know what to do about that. But Clear is obviously not the solution. I'll have a new computer ordered by the end of the week (thinking of getting one of Lenono's desktops along with one of their laptops).
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

twistitup

Quote from: The Boar War on July 28, 2013, 11:41:26 pm
No.  RD is wrong.  He's obviously in Fayetteville for sex.

Maybe the kid can multitask...nothing wrong with killing two birds with one stone - or in his case, taking care of two offers on one visit.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: mmhogs17 on July 29, 2013, 02:22:04 am
How long before someone takes this post seriously? Lol

I actually trusted Otis until he pretended Gruden was interested in us. Or he really believed it, which could be worse.

Tim Harris

Glad to see he is coming in for a couple days.  Although others have still liked our chances it has seemed like he was headed to A&M for a while now.  Hopefully we will make a good impression and he chooses to come here.

Tim Harris

Quote from: whosiskid on July 29, 2013, 12:29:56 am
then offer and get a commit from Ryan Williams, lock down RB for a few years.

Supposedly he will get an offer after they see him play this year.

Tim Harris

Quote from: mmhogs17 on July 29, 2013, 02:22:04 am

The funny part is he changed his pick back to Arkansas this morning.

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on July 29, 2013, 08:01:47 am

Maybe he's waiting on PWJ's opinion, or gout, or someone to tell him,

Scott7703

Wonder what made Otis swap it?

Im thinking it is 50/50 right now.

smb

This is exactly what we should be talking about on this board.
GeorgiaHOG

GrizzlyRider07

Well one good thing is now we have JE in his ear on twitter telling him to let him make some holes for him to run through!! Hopefully he can see our future line and understand we will be making big enough holes for Noah's Arc to fit through as well lol
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Music City Hog

Going into Texas and taking a kid from Texas, Texas a&m, and Oklahoma (among others) would be something I've not seen often here.  I'm excited to hear his announcement.

Razorhawg09

This staff can close and at this point I'm feeling like we get him.

GuvHog

....And he was also right about where Jermaine Eluemunor is headed.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: booogaga on July 28, 2013, 01:00:15 pm
Unfortunately we are not his last visit. I think I read h eis visiting Texas on Friday.
Doesn't matter. My son knows DJ, and he said thursday or Friday DJ had put Shorter in his PS3 NCAA 2013 dynasty mode on Arkansas and was talking about how he and Kevin were going to hold down the kick returner duties for the next few yeatrs together for Arkansas and how Kevin would be back in a couple days, so, I see he wasn't lying as here comes Kevin again. I got my hopes up on this one. Put it this way, Cuz thinks he's coming!!! WPS!! Huge get!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

lumphog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 29, 2013, 10:39:16 am
Doesn't matter. My son knows DJ, and he said thursday or Friday DJ had put Shorter in his PS3 NCAA 2013 dynasty mode on Arkansas and was talking about how he and Kevin were going to hold down the kick returner duties for the next few yeatrs together for Arkansas and how Kevin would be back in a couple days, so, I see he wasn't lying as here comes Kevin again. I got my hopes up on this one. Put it this way, Cuz thinks he's coming!!! WPS!! Huge get!

Set the hook PiP!!!!! I think we reel him in

mmhogs17

My stance remains unchanged.

mmhogs17

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on July 29, 2013, 10:19:46 am
....And he was also right about where Jermaine Eluemunor is headed.

That was the worst kept secret in football recruiting.

redeye

Quote from: BBsTheMan on July 28, 2013, 11:01:31 pm
That's a good one. I happen to prefer High Fidelity.

Better Off Dead

Fayettetopia

Quote from: deedster84 on July 28, 2013, 12:37:43 pm
I believe on an unofficial, everything is paid for by the recruit theirself. Except their meals. On an official, the school furnishes everything. Travel, room, and meals.

This is correct. Saw Abu Lamin explaining this to a fan on his ask.fm account.

IBleedRazorbackRed

His high school teammate and fullback is transferring to Arkansas from Stephen F Austin. Can't hurt our chances either

onebadrubi

it is sounding more and more like this staff sets their sights on a couple of recruits and really goes after them.  Instead of mass recruiters recruiting over the country, they does their homework, pick what they want and may be a dream list and realistic and really go after both.  By realistic I mean 4 and 5 stars that are not committed to a hometown school situation.  Seems like every sitatuion that we see woudl really help us, this staff is already in motion to put a few things around that recruit to assist (i.e. using family ties, twitter buddies from visits, previous players, etc.). 

We are seeing a public effort we have never seen before.  Hard not to appreciate it and love it! 

Break & Run

If this staff sticks around here for 5-7 years, I believe we will see Top 10 classes. These guys are kicking butt right now. Nice.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Laughing Hog

Quote from: whosiskid on July 29, 2013, 05:24:45 am
Sorta, kinda back around.

Still unpacking. And still need to buy a lot of stuff for my new place. The movers broke a LOT of stuff - a bunch of bookcases, nearly all my lamps - and I need to get more.

Still not sure how I feel about Atlanta. I lived in Chicago so long that it came to feel like my second home (after Little Rock). I live in the Sandy Springs area of Atlanta (which confuses me, because if I get on 400 and go south I see a sign many miles south saying "Now Entering Atlanta" but on my mailing address it says "Atlanta") and like it OK. I haven't found a place where I can get my dog off the leash and let him run, though I'm so close to the Chattahoochee National Recreation Area that I can walk 50 yards and enter it. There are some trails we can hit that are OK, but not especially beautiful. We did see a Golden Eagle once, and we've seen a couple of deer (my dog had never seen a deer before and obviously was confused seeing them, while he freaked out seeing the Eagle; birds are simply not supposed to be that gigantic). I've been so busy I haven't had time to do things like find a church (which is weird; I haven't seen many churches at all, but you know they have to be there).

But at least I'm in SEC country. In fact, I'm very close to where Chris Murphy plays HS ball (Marietta). You hear football discussed all the time on the radio and I like how proud they are here of their team. They are really happy that Georgia runs a clean program and see it as one of their advantages in recruiting.

I'll probably be posting more in a month or so. Especially after I get a new computer and ISP. I had Clear in Chicago, which is also in Atlanta, but none of the towers are aligned where I can get decent reception, so the Internet is really slow. But I detest Comcast and ATT, the main options here, so I don't know what to do about that. But Clear is obviously not the solution. I'll have a new computer ordered by the end of the week (thinking of getting one of Lenono's desktops along with one of their laptops).

Are you talking about Columns Dr. part?
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

ZERO

Quote from: whosiskid on July 29, 2013, 05:24:45 am
I live in the Sandy Springs area of Atlanta (which confuses me, because if I get on 400 and go south I see a sign many miles south saying "Now Entering Atlanta" but on my mailing address it says "Atlanta")

It's similar for me right here in Bethel Heights/Springdale.

Quote from: whosiskidand like it OK. I haven't found a place where I can get my dog off the leash and let him run, though I'm so close to the Chattahoochee National Recreation Area that I can walk 50 yards and enter it. There are some trails we can hit that are OK, but not especially beautiful. We did see a Golden Eagle once, and we've seen a couple of deer (my dog had never seen a deer before and obviously was confused seeing them, while he freaked out seeing the Eagle; birds are simply not supposed to be that gigantic). I've been so busy I haven't had time to do things like find a church (which is weird; I haven't seen many churches at all, but you know they have to be there).

Are you going to become a closet Georgia fan? They're a lot easier to root for, haha. I wouldn't mind checking out Atlanta some day, although I'm generally not comfortable in cities that big unless it's for a visit.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

HappyFan

Quote from: redeye on July 29, 2013, 06:55:59 pm
Better Off Dead

Better Off Dead is one of my all time favorite movies.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HappyFan on July 30, 2013, 08:09:29 am
Better Off Dead is one of my all time favorite movies.

I want my 2 dollars...
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

DCimport

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on July 29, 2013, 10:54:14 pm
His high school teammate and fullback is transferring to Arkansas from Stephen F Austin. Can't hurt our chances either

http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/holmes_trevor00.html
Road up to visit with Kevin Shorter

RazorPiggie

That is a good sign for getting Shorter. His cuz and his old HS FB here. Got to help.

dhizzle

Are the shorthorns back in the mix for shorter. 24/7 shows Texas, A&M, and Arkansas as warmer, it was just Arkansas and A&M.

Uncommon

Kevin Shorter (#3) with cousin/Arkansas Freshman CB DJ Dean (#22).

http://instagram.com/p/cXVwfPw9It/

Tim Harris

Quote from: dhizzle on July 30, 2013, 08:57:22 am
Are the shorthorns back in the mix for shorter. 24/7 shows Texas, A&M, and Arkansas as warmer, it was just Arkansas and A&M.

He went there for a visit on Friday before heading up here.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: BeastBack 50 on July 30, 2013, 08:58:58 am
Kevin Shorter (#3) with cousin/Arkansas Freshman CB DJ Dean (#22).

http://instagram.com/p/cXVwfPw9It/

Kickin' it in flip-flops.

DJ here is +1.

" GO HOGS "

IBleedRazorbackRed

RD believes its down to us and the longhorns for shorter. Since everyone had him going to us or a&m last week, it looks good for us.

Pig in the Pokey

Mikey just told me Shorter is about to commit in a couple days!!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

anybody else hearing this around campus today? Word should be getting out! STOKED!! I really wanted this kid. Please hold true!!

870hogfan

Shorter just said on twitter he Will not announce Saturday needs more time to think.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: 870hogfan on July 30, 2013, 07:25:22 pm
Shorter just said on twitter he Will not announce Saturday needs more time to think.

I don't like this