Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chad Walker new OLB coach

Started by ricepig, February 10, 2017, 09:06:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on March 07, 2017, 01:43:35 pm
I hope he turns out to be great

also really wish I could find out he was a 3 year lowly walkon at Angelo State or something before transferring to LSU

Lousiana College in Pineville - anything
Of course you of Harvard/Princeton education fame.  :puke:

twistitup

P-head is part of the Phil Fulmer coaching tree- he deserves a little respect...we all have our opinions
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: twistitup on March 07, 2017, 02:57:02 pm
P-head is part of the Phil Fulmer coaching tree- he deserves a little respect...we all have our opinions
Key word in your post is LITTLE........

justmakeit2thebcs

Current Miami Dolphin head coach Adam Gase was a GA in 2000 at LSU with Nick Saban. Saban brought him with him from MSU, where Gase was a student assistant.  Gase never played college ball, because he wasn't good enough.  Nick Saban took him under his wing and taught him how to coach.

Chad Walker was in the same boat at LSU in 2000.  A student assistant, that had never played college ball, working for Saban.  After graduation, and a couple of GA jobs, Saban brought him back to LSU and then took him to the Dolphins with him.

Hired 3 times by Nick Saban, that says a lot.  I'm sure not playing in college has limited Walker's opportunities, but he has his chance now.  Let's hope he is the next Adam Gase.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/02/sports/football/an-unconventional-path-to-scripting-the-broncos-offense.html?_r=0

The OTR

we hired Adam Gase?

well of course we didn't

The OTR

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on March 07, 2017, 03:20:54 pm
Current Miami Dolphin head coach Adam Gase was a GA in 2000 at LSU with Nick Saban. Saban brought him with him from MSU, where Gase was a student assistant.  Gase never played college ball, because he wasn't good enough.  Nick Saban took him under his wing and taught him how to coach.

Chad Walker was in the same boat at LSU in 2000.  A student assistant, that had never played college ball, working for Saban.  After graduation, and a couple of GA jobs, Saban brought him back to LSU and then took him to the Dolphins with him.

Hired 3 times by Nick Saban, that says a lot.  I'm sure not playing in college has limited Walker's opportunities, but he has his chance now.  Let's hope he is the next Adam Gase.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/02/sports/football/an-unconventional-path-to-scripting-the-broncos-offense.html?_r=0

Hired as a graduate assistant or glorified graduate assistant three times

That says alot

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on March 07, 2017, 04:17:24 pm

That says alot

I think you have been afforded and have taken advantage of the opportunity to make your point...several times over. Let's wait and see how this Coach turns out. If our OLB's are a mess after he gets his hands on them, there will be plenty of time and more opportunity to be negative and complain. Until then, let's just wait and see.
Go Hogs Go!

The OTR

so you guys are bending over backwards now to say it's basically "an advantage" that someone didn't play in college, and then you give false examples (coaches who DID play in college), or you compare our new outside linebackers coach to the head coach of the Miami Dolphins

LOL!  :D

The OTR

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 07, 2017, 04:24:08 pm
I think you have been afforded and have taken advantage of the opportunity to make your point...several times over. Let's wait and see how this Coach turns out. If our OLB's are a mess after he gets his hands on them, there will be plenty of time and more opportunity to be negative and complain. Until then, let's just wait and see.

I'm not going overboard with my points, I was answering specific things brought up by the others

And I never said our OLB's will be a mess.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on March 07, 2017, 04:25:30 pm
so you guys are bending over backwards now to say it's basically "an advantage" that someone didn't play in college, and then you give false examples (coaches who DID play in college), or you compare our new outside linebackers coach to the head coach of the Miami Dolphins

I'd feel better if he'd at least stayed in a Holiday Inn Express recently.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on March 07, 2017, 04:27:24 pm
I'm not going overboard with my points, I was answering specific things brought up by the others

Well either our OLBs will be a mess or the won't. Can't have it both ways-since you've more than once expressed your distain for not only his background, but also his lack of experience in coaching AND the fact that the hire was a mistake then that's certainly must be what you're implying. Why else would you continue to drone on and on about all the things you perceive as negative?

twistitup

I did hear through the grapevine that his grandpa was Wayne Walker

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Walker
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on February 10, 2017, 09:51:38 pm
These seem like blue-collar hires...nothing sexy about them (resumes) but the recommendations suggest they are really good at their jobs (installation of the 3-4 seems to be a recurring theme)

I guess it's better "at the moment" to have say our  3 & 4 Star players know his assignments than to have 5 Star elite athlete's (looking at you Ole Miss) playing out of position and lost.

This year's Defense job is to build a attraction on national tv (ESPN or otherwise) and have commentator's gloating like a middle school girl over their performance...

That will attract the right attention in Texas & Louisiana

This.... Hopefully for once we as a collective fan base won't hate ourselves out of dharma's good graces...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on March 07, 2017, 04:17:24 pm

That says alot

Anything you see good with anything Arkansas? Serious question...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on March 07, 2017, 04:27:24 pm

I'm aware that you didn't say that but you have made every effort to fill your quota of complaining about the hire. Good grief man, we all know that you are not fond of the hire. It's tiresome. Give the Coach a chance. If he fails, many of us will be right there with you but it does no good to continue to drone on with negativity when you have already stated your opinion repeatedly.
Go Hogs Go!

Oklahawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 07, 2017, 04:38:18 pm
I'd feel better if he'd at least stayed in a Holiday Inn Express recently.

Phead probably owns a copy of "Holiday Inn" (on VHS) and gets misty in his recollections of Bing Crosby.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on March 07, 2017, 04:25:30 pm

Who said it was an advantage ?  Might be just saying it doesn't keeping you from being a good coach.  Nobody compared Walker to Gase.  The only thing they have in common was neither played football yet both were still hired by Saban.  That's it, nothing more nothing less.  I have no idea whether Walker is any good or not, but neither do you.   You've said he won't have any respect in the locker room, yet you been given example after example of where coaches have succeeded without playing college.  Less than 20% of NFL coaches played in the league.  How do they get any respect?

Why would you go on a message board and say a guy sucked, when guys like Saban, Dan Quinn, Stoops, CBB  & Paul Rhoades say otherwise, unless you are a troll? 

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Oklahawg on March 07, 2017, 06:27:51 pm
Phead probably owns a copy of "Holiday Inn" (on VHS) and gets misty moist in his recollections of Bing Crosby.

FIFY.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on March 08, 2017, 01:07:39 pm
Who said it was an advantage ?  Might be just saying it doesn't keeping you from being a good coach.  Nobody compared Walker to Gase.  The only thing they have in common was neither played football yet both were still hired by Saban.  That's it, nothing more nothing less.  I have no idea whether Walker is any good or not, but neither do you.   You've said he won't have any respect in the locker room, yet you been given example after example of where coaches have succeeded without playing college.  Less than 20% of NFL coaches played in the league.  How do they get any respect?

Why would you go on a message board and say a guy sucked, when guys like Saban, Dan Quinn, Stoops, CBB  & Paul Rhoades say otherwise, unless you are a troll?
Haven't you learned by now that pillow brain has FAR more knowledge and expertise than Saban, Quinn, Stoops, CBB* and Rhoades put together ??? In fact just to let you in on a little known secret: Saban, Sweeney, Myers and all the other top shelf football coaches secretly call him every season and ask his opinion/advice on their game plans. Only problem is when teams like the Hogs and Tide play one another that particular week. Really presents a real conflict of interest; however, once pillow advises the particular coach of that fact they're still relieved enough to go ahead and accept his advice without hesitation. Must be so wonderful to be Mr. Wonderful. :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

* After due consideration following this initial post it was discovered that a portion of my comments concerning elite head coaches consulting pillow brain about their weekly game plans was in error. As pillow obviously doesn't consider CBB to be a top notch HC there presents no conflict of interest in weeks where the Hogs are playing such teams as Alabama. It's my understanding that despite many desperate pleas for help, Bret has been repeatedly denied access to pillow's "power brain" and unrivaled football knowledge. So much for Arkansas ever hoping to improve while such a tragic condition exists.

Mike_e

Quote from: Oklahawg on March 07, 2017, 06:27:51 pm
Phead probably owns a copy of "Holiday Inn" (on VHS) and gets misty in his recollections of Bing Crosby.

From his posts it sounds as though he's a little too young to remember "Holiday Inn" or Bing Crosby.

I'm guessing he's either broken his X-Box or his mom has kicked him out of the basement.

Was that too harsh cause I really don't want to be thought of as someone who is insensitive to the profoundly challenged.

well, maybe not anyway
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

The OTR

Vantage 8 dude

March 08, 2017, 04:04:45 pm #221 Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:16:43 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on March 08, 2017, 02:50:30 pm
my buddy Mikey!  :D
Are you absolutely certain HE would agree ??? You might want to ask him 'cause I suspect he very well may NOT.  BTW nice job of insulting the guy....geezzzzz!